*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Weather still shocking through there

Just a shame there’s no crowd so we could enjoy watching them have a cold, wet, miserable time. 

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Tazio said:

Just a shame there’s no crowd so we could enjoy watching them have a cold, wet, miserable time. 

🙂

Just now, Tazio said:

And the manky mob getting their first decent wash of the year.

As much as I'd love to see the sheep beat septic I'd also love for septic to get their hopes up and we batter them in the final. Difficult one.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, sadj said:

Why? 

They like to play direct and off second balls. Cosgrove is back and Bitton isn't a natural centre half. They've also named a very attacking side, 2 big strikers, Kennedy, Wright and Hedges.

It's also pretty similar to what it's like at Pittodrie most weeks.

I'd like to see Aberdeen win this one. More chance of refereeing decisions not "mysteriously" going against us in the final which would be the case if it were Septic we were up against.

RustyRightPeg

Aberdeen playing Cosgrove on Bitton, pretty wise. Two chances already from balls held up at the back stick. Arguably should be 2-0 already.

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They like to play direct and off second balls. Cosgrove is back and Bitton isn't a natural centre half. They've also named a very attacking side, 2 big strikers, Kennedy, Wright and Hedges.

It's also pretty similar to what it's like at Pittodrie most weeks.

Haha , Aberdeen is not that bad you know but fair enough. I think the wet pitch and rain will suit Celtic if they are on form as it’ll be quick as. Aberdeen have a few good technical players so they might benefit from it too just not as much. Aberdeen arent as direct as they were last season until they run out of ideas. Cosgrove pressuring the CB’s though should bring Aberdeen some joy. 

NaturalOrder74

Gonna take a miracle here for Aberdeen to get a result I think, far too much pressure on Lennon to get a result and they look up for it 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Haha , Aberdeen is not that bad you know but fair enough. I think the wet pitch and rain will suit Celtic if they are on form as it’ll be quick as. Aberdeen have a few good technical players so they might benefit from it too just not as much. Aberdeen arent as direct as they were last season until they run out of ideas. Cosgrove pressuring the CB’s though should bring Aberdeen some joy. 

I agree they aren't as direct as they were but Cosgrove has been injured most of the first couple of months so I think it's forced their hand a bit. Should be a good game.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I agree they aren't as direct as they were but Cosgrove has been injured most of the first couple of months so I think it's forced their hand a bit. Should be a good game.

Indeed , just sat down now , sounds like iv missed a good first 10mins. Will be interesting to see if they do revert back to being more direct with him back especially when as you say Bitton is not a natural CB

Consadine was waiting for the ball to come to him rather than attack it and clear it. Brutal defending. Easy goal for celtic

game over

20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'd like to see Aberdeen win this one. More chance of refereeing decisions not "mysteriously" going against us in the final which would be the case if it were Septic we were up against.

Oh well, it was a nice thought. :D

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Consadine was waiting for the ball to come to him rather than attack it and clear it. Brutal defending. Easy goal for celtic

game over

yep

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Embarrassing effort from Aberdeen. 

Ultimate shitebag club

Aye, another club that think they are big, big game bottlers.

Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Embarrassing effort from Aberdeen. 

Ultimate shitebag club

yeah read their forum this morning and how they were slagging us about being easy to beat etc.

Smiled to myself as I knew they were going to drop their pants as usual at Hampden v the Old Firm.

always the old firms bitch and always will be. It’s imbedded in them much like Hibs inferiority complex to us