*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yup, loved the Lenny post match interview. Shouldn't take pleasure in another individuals discomfort but for that mob I'll make an exception.

TBH - and I hate the sleakit little b'stard - I thought he handled things quite well. Even some gallows humour from someone who is awaiting the trap door springing open any second.

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Liam McLeod on the radio just can’t stop calling Celtic THE CHAMPIONS when commentating - it is cringey AF 

He'll have to stop some time pretty soon. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Possibly because for the first time in his career he isn’t being coached properly? The fact is there were probably loads of centre half’s that Celtic could have signed from down south but Lennon just can’t resist when he sees someone is Irish and just signs them whether it’s the right player or not. 

Lennon knew it would appeal to the lowest common denominator in his club's support to bring another provo in for clinching the 10IAR (and it certainly worked with them early on), as well as it being the cheaper option of many available. Hell mend them for going down that road, it's blown up in their smug faces big time. 

Horatio Caine
12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Liam McLeod on the radio just can’t stop calling Celtic THE CHAMPIONS when commentating - it is cringey AF 

Even more cringey when you consider they weren't properly champions.  Champions by committee decision.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Even more cringey when you consider they weren't properly champions.  Champions by committee decision.

spot on the .79 champions 

23 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I wonder how long McPake has left? He got a result against us and him and Adam were almost the new Pep and Messi, going by those Sportscene pundits and presenters.

If only they hadn’t dumped Hearts into their division.

McPake shouldn't be in that job. With Dundee's squad on paper, they should be 2nd, pushing us a bit. And with the money they're probably spending to assemble that squad, they could probably do with promotion. They'll never achieve it under McPake.

21 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quite a few similarities between Lennon's end at Hibs and Celtic. 

Basically no relationship with his players. 

Yup. He gets to a point where he just goes on a demolition job. Being particularly outspoken in the media, and throwing his players under the bus. Just like he did at Hibs. Only thing that hasn't happened (not that I know of) is the training ground bust up. Although rumours that there was a bit of a pagger involving Griffiths at half time.

It's funny though, how Lennon will still hold a good reputation in the media, but someone like John Hughes saw his career take a huge setback for one interview slating Raith players.

On 29/01/2021 at 10:06, August Landmesser said:

Morelos being charged with violent conduct after Porteous rolled under his foot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55862861

Absolute travesty of justice if you ask me.

I don't think Morelos is a actually a dirty player. He's petulant but you don't see him truly trying to hurt anybody. His red cards generally amount to silly stuff.

He didn't stamp on Porteous, if he had the screams wouldn't have been coming from the press they would have been coming from Porteous as he was stretchered off. Morelos put a foot on him out of his usual sheer petulance.

Porteous on the other hand is dangerously reckless and frequently shows a clear intent to injure.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Just listening to BBC radio Sportsound, Tony Fitzpatrick talking up Jim Goodwin comparing him with Jack Ross and Alex Ferguson in the same breath with Levein describing Jim Goodwin as the best young manager in Scotland praising him for having a go at Parkhead, comedy show I think 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Ma Roon said:

Just listening to BBC radio Sportsound, Tony Fitzpatrick talking up Jim Goodwin comparing him with Jack Ross and Alex Ferguson in the same breath with Levein describing Jim Goodwin as the best young manager in Scotland praising him for having a go at Parkhead, comedy show I think 

Goodwin's done a very good job to be fair. Fitzpatrick is just a slaver.

3 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

The fecking cheek of that man!

Horatio Caine
53 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

3 match ban for Morel-arse

Aye, fair enough.  However - the damage has been done.  He scored the winner when he shouldn't have still be on the park.  I know it was only Leith United  but there's a principle at stake here for all clubs.  

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Aye, fair enough.  However - the damage has been done.  He scored the winner when he shouldn't have still be on the park.  I know it was only Leith United  but there's a principle at stake here for all clubs.  

VAR hasn't been mentioned for Scotland recently. 

On 31/01/2021 at 19:23, JFK-1 said:

I don't think Morelos is a actually a dirty player. He's petulant but you don't see him truly trying to hurt anybody. His red cards generally amount to silly stuff.

He didn't stamp on Porteous, if he had the screams wouldn't have been coming from the press they would have been coming from Porteous as he was stretchered off. Morelos put a foot on him out of his usual sheer petulance.

Porteous on the other hand is dangerously reckless and frequently shows a clear intent to injure.

I actually thought McGregor's assault on the Rangers player (Kamara?) on the touchline was worse.

On 31/01/2021 at 19:23, JFK-1 said:

I get what your saying, but if you direct your foot deliberately towards someone with zero intention of getting the ball, then there is intent. Not necessarily to cause serious harm, but indeed to 'leave something on' your opponent. He's very petulant, but is dirty too. Can't physically stop himself from getting involved somewhere. Silly elbows, kicks etc.

Compare it to the furore when earlier this season in the Betfred Cup games, WIghton I think it was got slated for apparently kicking out at someone. Although most of us could see that he flicked his foot out to get the ball and just mistimed it. There's a difference, and I've yet to see a situation where Morelos was just unlucky.

Maroon Sailor

Absolutely

Just noticed the St. Mirren/Hibs game ko's at 6.

The only time I ever want the Paisley skunks to win.

Could have been a League Cup final dress rehearsal, you know.

Shame.

5 hours ago, martoon said:

Shame.

Would be better if a massive sink hole opens up and both teams disappear 

5 hours ago, martoon said:

Shame.

Whole game on BBC Alba at 10pm.

48 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Would be better if a massive sink hole opens up and both teams disappear 

37 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Whole game on BBC Alba at 10pm.

Just circled it in the TV guide.

And they say there's never anything guid oan the telly. 😊

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nisbet still dropped after transfer request 

Hadn't noticed Kev Hibsd'it has the no.15 shirt.

If I was Hibs...excuse me while i hurl...I'd want that number retired.

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Shame.

It's in St. mirren s interest to win I would say.   They are a feeder club after all.   I hope they win just so I can watch it on TV later.    My pleasure in hibs losing at this particular time would be aces 😋 ♠️♥️♦️♣️

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

3 million quid benched. 

When you factor in they basically now have one striker, this is all the very definition of a massive Hibsed It. Surely heading for the top ten Hibsed Its.

Porteous benched too. This is all very Romanov circa 2007 or so.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When you factor in they basically now have one striker, this is all the very definition of a massive Hibsed It. Surely heading for the top ten Hibsed Its.

Porteous benched too. This is all very Romanov circa 2007 or so.

Things starting to point to Ross losing his grip. Hanlon and McGregor? St mirren must be pleased. 

If S. Allan gets on the pitch before Nisbet I think it will be clear there is a grudge.   Somehow though, the ref will favour hibs.   Penalty or some free kicks around the box.   Will be up to them to hibs it. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

If S. Allan gets on the pitch before Nisbet I think it will be clear there is a grudge.   Somehow though, the ref will favour hibs.   Penalty or some free kicks around the box.   Will be up to them to hibs it. 

Really think the best they’ll do is a point and don’t think they’ll get that. Cracks starting to show down Lochend. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Mathie at Hibs got some glowing press recently for no particular reason (as is usual when the press covers Hibs) but any club with a sporting director/DoF should not have such an unbalanced squad as this one after over a year and a LOT of money spent on transfer fees.

Aging defenders, far too many central midfielders and midfielders in general, not enough strikers, and very few youngsters getting chances. And that's Kamberi and now Nisbet that basically got pissed off with the cub after a very short time there, resulting in them losing money with Kamberi and probably Nisbet eventually.

The whole point of an SD or DoF is better squad building (like we're now doing with Savage) and reducing these issues and frictions.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On Sportsound someone named Richard (presumably Foster) said Nesbit woke up this morning as "still a Hibs player" but that he'd just have to accept and get over it.

Made me chuckle.

Just now, The Tackle said:

Decided to watch this on St Midden tv (iptv) genuinely don't know which of the clubs i hate most. 

Thank feck It didn't turn out to be a League Cup final dress rehearsal. 

Would still have wanted the emailers to get pumped but the Paisley skunks winning it would not have been pleasant either.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nisbet still dropped after transfer request 

Mikey man. Given me the boke 

:sick:

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Thank feck It didn't turn out to be a League Cup final dress rehearsal. 

Would still have wanted the emailers to get pumped but the Paisley skunks winning it would not have been pleasant either.

Yeah, always want Hibs to get pumped but that would have been a lose/lose final. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Aberdeen goalie just fumbled and now it's 0-1 Livi ☺ 

Freezing here today, hands are probably numb. 

Mrs watching it, pre match predictions of a clean sheet from the panel gone, and I quote "we don't give away goals "

:lol:

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Yeah, always want Hibs to get pumped but that would have been a lose/lose final. 

:thumbs_up:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3rd becoming a real possibility for Livingston if this stays as is.

Had 2 players pull out in the warm up tonight, albeit one was due to be a substitute in any case. 

Mentality is strong 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

0-2 Livi :lol:  

'Sakes 😄. Is there no stopping Livi? Can they still catch Sevco ? 😄

1 minute ago, martoon said:

0-2 at the dungheap.

The sheep getting horsed, Livi are flying at the moment, got a treble on Livi,St Midden & Newcastle pays a none too shabby 29/1.

There's absolutely nothing new in Hibs players being desperate to get out the door.  Gordon Smith, Stanton, the decanter bloke.

It's part of their roguish mystique.