*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

12 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Should have been training here...

Image result for dubai ski centre

I've actually been in there. It's an odd place. Takes the power supply of a small town to run it and keep it cold. :rofl:

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, AHS51 said:

Bookies suspended for Eddie Howe to become Celtic manager. Cant decide if it will be a good appointment. They have obviously missed a manager that can coach players but a manager who struggled defensively is not best recipe for that defence. Plus looks like he would get eaten up by the press up here. Fingers crossed it implodes too

Will be surprised if Newcastle don't tap him up first.

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cardiff are looking for a new manager 

Remember when Paul Hartley rejected the chance to become the Cardiff manager 5 years ago now he is managing cove rangers. 

23 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Jock Stein's 9 in a row was more of an achievement as there wasnt the same financial disparity between 1966-1974 as there is now for starters. More teams had stronger teams than they do now. The fact Partick Thistle beat Celtic 4-1 in a league cup final, Aberdeen best them 3-1 in a scottish cup final, Hibs beating them 2-1 in a league cup final and Dundee 1-0 in a league cup final are good indicators.

How times have changed.   I remember going to Hampden and supporting them v Leeds, with my Rangers supporting brother in law,  it was more a Scotland v England occasion.

There is no way I would support the present bunch of bloodsucking, entitled parasites at all.

18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

How times have changed.   I remember going to Hampden and supporting them v Leeds, with my Rangers supporting brother in law,  it was more a Scotland v England occasion.

There is no way I would support the present bunch of bloodsucking, entitled parasites at all.

The game where Jim Baxter says that, that Jimmy Johnstone caused Terry Cooper so much pain that night that they should have passed an act of parliament to stop it!!

30 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6569588/celtic-prefer-neil-lennon-end-season-overhaul-operations/

Fingers crossed he's staying. I was dreading the premature end to this comedy show.

This is the smart move for them.... just imagine, a new manager comes in with their own plans/playing style, they lose a few games and all of a sudden they're not in 2nd place any more. Hence, no Champions League. It would be marvellous!

brunoatemyhamster
6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6569588/celtic-prefer-neil-lennon-end-season-overhaul-operations/

Fingers crossed he's staying. I was dreading the premature end to this comedy show.

You could look this another way. 

"Eddie Howe laughing fit causes Celtic to reevaluate manager search"? 

Be nice if Arbroath beat Scumdee tonight but cant see it happening,shocked ya can get even money on Scumdee at ladbrokes

Edited by Hearts007

Italian Lambretta
18 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Be nice if Arbroath beat Scumdee tonight but cant see it happening,shocked ya can get even money on Scumdee at ladbrokes

If they put as much effort in when they played us they will have a chance.

However, I doubt they will.

22 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Local derby. Hopefully smokIes smokin

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If they put as much effort in when they played us they will have a chance.

However, I doubt they will.

this

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Makes no difference to us whatsoever so feck them both. 

The result is totally irrelevant.

nope but love to see Scumdee losing

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

nope but love to see Scumdee losing

And I want to finish the season as far ahead of them as possible to crush any ideas they have of being a top division team.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

And I want to finish the season as far ahead of them as possible to crush any ideas they have of being a top division team.  

You have to wonder about the thoughts of Raith, Dunfermline, Morton and Dundee fans, and Ayr potentially right now.

If they'd backed reconstruction they'd be in a 3 or 4 way title battle or have a better chance of getting up through the playoffs. And a club like Dundee wouldn't have had to spend money on the likes of Adam to do it. Instead they'll need to take their chances in the playoffs.

Just mental how fans of these clubs were so willing to harm their own chances of promotion seemingly just to have a giggle at Hearts. Or maybe they really were stupid enough to think they'd make money off us in the Championship, which would be better than an increased chance of promotion. Bunch of eejits.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Celtic: 'Neil Lennon a colossus reduced to caretaker by board's inaction'

Article on the BBC  - Tom English

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55769774

I like Tom English....But for me there is so much wrong in this latest article. Almost portrays Neil Lennon for a sainthood!

I'm really confused now!!!!.....What is it......Good guy Neil Lennon or Bad guy Neil Lennon?  

🤣  they must have mentioned their performance against us about 10 times already. Conveniently forgetting how pish they were in their last game and almost got pumped out the cup.

gorgie rd eh11
19 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Celtic: 'Neil Lennon a colossus reduced to caretaker by board's inaction'

Article on the BBC  - Tom English

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55769774

I like Tom English....But for me there is so much wrong in this latest article. Almost portrays Neil Lennon for a sainthood!

I'm really confused now!!!!.....What is it......Good guy Neil Lennon or Bad guy Neil Lennon?  

The rule in Scottish football media is you have to say something complimentary about Neil before you direct anything remotely negative towards him. 

I really like Neil but...

Just now, neilnunb said:

Ffs should have equalised there

Needs to be in the shocking misses thread that was floating about on here a few days ago

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Ffs should have equalised there

Thought it a great block from Hamilton but it just Spun up off the boys foot

Edited by Riccarton3

An absolute Charlie Adam wankfest from the commentators. He’s been anonymous. In fact he’s just smashed a boy in the face with an elbow. 

Billy Dodds ‘he used his experience’

Tit

17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Dundee are nothing without Adam. He is pivotal in all they do. Lose him and they are average. 

Yeah he is a quality player at this level. If we had him in our midfield this season we would be a far better side. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Adam “showing his experience”

And it's a "learning" experience getting smashed in the coupon by another Adam "foul."

Charlie Adam, the Championship's "Broonie,"

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

An absolute Charlie Adam wankfest from the commentators. He’s been anonymous. In fact he’s just smashed a boy in the face with an elbow. 

Tit

On mute. I knew what it would be like.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Tit

He has scored a goal and set up a superb chance for a second FFS 😂😂

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Yeah he is a quality player at this level. If we had him in our midfield this season we would be a far better side. 

If he was wearing maroon, he would have been booked for that

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

He has scored a goal and set up a superb chance for a second FFS 😂😂

Against part timers? I think we know he has quality. It's ****ing relentless

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Against part timers? I think we know he has quality. It's ****ing relentless

I agree with you about the commentators mate but some people just don’t seem to want to admit he is a quality player. He would most definitely improve our midfield in terms of creativity this season. Not for the premier league but certainly in this league. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Decent effort. Adam would have scored it

With his eyes closed and backheeling it off the wall round each players heads and dropping over the keeper cause he so amaizng 😍😍