*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

manaliveits105

judging by Lennons interviews 9 is the new 10 - the number of times he quoted what an achievement 9 in a row is

if only it was even 9 Neil - its only 8.79

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such a shame the have been singing about winning 10iar for a few years now. 

Karma.

10iar is just a made up sham of an achievement anyway. 

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Be fair all you want I remember him as a player, a bigger ***** you will never meet. I remember him shoving a ball boy at Tynecastle at the school end in the 80s that nearly caused a riot. Absolute bell end who can’t pronounce names or get them right. 
Rant over gggrrrrr 🤬🤪😂.,

I can give you the whole story to that incident.

Gary MacKay told the ball boy to slow it down stop running to get the ball and giving it to Bonner. So next time it went out the ball boy walked to get the ball, he then heard Bonner screaming at him to hurry the **** up, ball boy turns to see Bonner charging at him to get the ball. So with MacKays words still fresh he panicked got the ball and lobbed it over the fence into the crowd and Bonner went tonto. 

Young ball boy boy was invited into the Players lounge after the game, got all the players autographs etc, next home game the shed clapped him round the pitch to his spot behind the goal giving it "ball boy give us a wave" which he duly obliged. 

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

The thing about Brownie's sending off is he'd probably get away with it if he had the ball, but even Collum couldn't ignore an American football style block/elbow to the face combo. His Sellick captain get out of jail card has worked for worse challenges so it's understandable that he looks surprised when the red card comes out.

Could broony be a late addition to "Dancing on Ice "

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

“I’m fed up of people asking about my job.”

Says a man who was supposed to deliver 10 in a row this season and is TWENTY points behind in a two-horse race, without even touching on the shambles of Dubai.

Totally agree with what was said a few posts up. This 10 in a row would have been pish anyway. The Huns non existent for half of it. Rangers’ nine in a row was infinitely better than this 8.74 in a row.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Paolo said:

Artur Boruc was an arsehole too.  He gave a w*nker gesture to a young school lassie, when she threw the ball back on the pitch, but away from him.   

Indeed. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

There will be a certain violin playing poster, saying it is all Messi's fault😉

Yeah I went on the Messi thread and posted the result from the cup last night for a laugh, full strength team bar the thug and that clown in goals. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Be quality if someone with the tech know how, could mock that visage onto a picture of a covid particle😆🇱🇻

Hahahahaha, I really need to learn how to do that 😆

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Says a man who was supposed to deliver 10 in a row this season and is TWENTY points behind in a two-horse race, without even touching on the shambles of Dubai.

Totally agree with what was said a few posts up. This 10 in a row would have been pish anyway. The Huns non existent for half of it. Rangers’ nine in a row was infinitely better than this 8.74 in a row.

Jock Stein's 9 in a row was more of an achievement as there wasnt the same financial disparity between 1966-1974 as there is now for starters. More teams had stronger teams than they do now. The fact Partick Thistle beat Celtic 4-1 in a league cup final, Aberdeen best them 3-1 in a scottish cup final, Hibs beating them 2-1 in a league cup final and Dundee 1-0 in a league cup final are good indicators.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Gary MacKay told the ball boy to slow it down stop running to get the ball and giving it to Bonner. So next time it went out the ball boy walked to get the ball, he then heard Bonner screaming at him to hurry the **** up, ball boy turns to see Bonner charging at him to get the ball. So with MacKays words still fresh he panicked got the ball and lobbed it over the fence into the crowd and Bonner went tonto. 

Young ball boy boy was invited into the Players lounge after the game, got all the players autographs etc, next home game the shed clapped him round the pitch to his spot behind the goal giving it "ball boy give us a wave" which he duly obliged. 

Hahahahaha, I seem to remember him pushing the boy too?

Ex member of the SaS

I get the impression Broony didn't want to play, and did that so as to get sent off and back into the dressing room. The guy is a thug and it's about time someone gave him apiece of his own medicine. The day he retires there will be a huge party and not for him.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I get the impression Broony didn't want to play, and did that so as to get sent off and back into the dressing room. The guy is a thug and it's about time someone gave him apiece of his own medicine. The day he retires there will be a huge party and not for him.

He might as well retire when this season finishes. He’s gone over the hill, a change of manager at Parkhead would see him gone instantly and I can’t see him wanting to finish up with two years at Hamilton

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Bonner is the most blatant club supporter on the BBC. Says a lot when you have Willie Miller and Richard Gordon on the Beeb.

Bonner was a celtc man all his days so he obviously favours them and generally not of the rabid nature like Lennon is.

In a media saturated with ex tims all plying the vicTIMS agenda I don't mind him and I'd rather have Bonner than Walker, Sutton, Provan, etc.

complete control
16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Done his usual i dont need to wear clothes in the weather routine last night again coming doon the stairs. 5 mins later going back up them.

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha, I seem to remember him pushing the boy too?

He put his hands on him and said a few naughty words.... was enough for the crowd to go nuts!

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I know someone who knows Bonner well. He is indeed a decent bloke.

Lol, at last! Somebody who agrees with me!  

46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Jock Stein's 9 in a row was more of an achievement as there wasnt the same financial disparity between 1966-1974 as there is now for starters. More teams had stronger teams than they do now. The fact Partick Thistle beat Celtic 4-1 in a league cup final, Aberdeen best them 3-1 in a scottish cup final, Hibs beating them 2-1 in a league cup final and Dundee 1-0 in a league cup final are good indicators.

I can give Celtic some credit for the latest 9 in a row. The unbeaten run under Brendan Rodgers.

But with their financial dominance and Rangers' implosion added to the failures of Aberdeen I can't see much to credit.

In fact - and thanks to Andy Walker - the centenary double season of 1987/88 is arguably a better achievement. They actually had competition.  

The Jock stein nine in a row, they had a real advantage, brought on entirely by rangers with their absurd sectarian signing policy. Celtic could go all out for top draw protestants and rangers couldn't sign their Catholic equivalent. 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He put his hands on him and said a few naughty words.... was enough for the crowd to go nuts!

Especially knowing what we do now 😱

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, bigcoll said:

The Jock stein nine in a row, they had a real advantage, brought on entirely by rangers with their absurd sectarian signing policy. Celtic could go all out for top draw protestants and rangers couldn't sign their Catholic equivalent. 

That was Steins idea though, he was a fantastic manager. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I can give Celtic some credit for the latest 9 in a row. The unbeaten run under Brendan Rodgers.

But with their financial dominance and Rangers' implosion added to the failures of Aberdeen I can't see much to credit.

In fact - and thanks to Andy Walker - the centenary double season of 1987/88 is arguably a better achievement. They actually had competition.  

Special winners medals for Kevin O'Donnell & George Cumming for their performances against the second place team in games at Parkhead. Wallace Mercer got O'Donnell reduced to being a linesman after the supervisor agreed with our complaints (O'Donnell resigned with a big sob story in the R*cord about nasty Hearts and nasty supervisors picking on his "honest" mistakes). He (allegedly) wouldn't give up his Celtic season ticket while refereeing and probably doesn't have to pay for it now. Cumming was put in charge of all referees for his efforts - Andy Walker may have made it crawling into the penalty area by now for the "penalty"...

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Didn't part of theirs involve EBTs? Both are kind of tainted.

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

😅

Has it got a bar though ?

No stand alone bars in Dubai. You can only get a drink if it’s attached to a hotel or part of a hotel complex

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He might as well retire when this season finishes. He’s gone over the hill, a change of manager at Parkhead would see him gone instantly and I can’t see him wanting to finish up with two years at Hamilton

We know fine where he’s going to finish his career. It’s not even a hard question 😂 

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I thought I seen him going for a trample on the guy after he fell too but no clips really show clearly 

WTF was the point of that, other than he can do it, and expects to get away with it?

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We know fine where he’s going to finish his career. It’s not even a hard question 😂 

Back to the Celtic B team where it all started for him?

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Back to the Celtic B team where it all started for him?

No doubt for me. He can’t sit in front of the back 4 playing square 10 yard passes to young boys and staring at people and being worshipped for it for another 2-3 years yet.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The visage speaks a thousand words. 

The fecker is toast.

Conditions cost us the goal but the conditions werent to blame 

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Brilliant memory bud. You’ve reminded me of that. 

I can recall the Shed clapping him. Lol.

My mate was a ballboy in those days too. He used to love games after Hibs, Celtic and Rangers and being allowed to collect the coins that had been launched at the crazy corner. 😂

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

No stand alone bars in Dubai. You can only get a drink if it’s attached to a hotel or part of a hotel complex

It has been a few years since I lived there but The Irish Village is the nearest to a stand alone complex although it is part of the tennis stadium rather than a hotel.

5 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Lol, at last! Somebody who agrees with me!  

One more and it will be t'ree of you, as Bonnar would say. 

SectionDJambo
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

This is very true. Achieved long before money became king. Scottish teams tended to do much better in Europe too, including what we’d call less fashionable ones.

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

judging by Lennons interviews 9 is the new 10 - the number of times he quoted what an achievement 9 in a row is

if only it was even 9 Neil - its only 8.79

Makes it out as if it was down to him as well , same as Quadruple treble.All he has done is ****ed up Rodgers work.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Rudy T said:

😆I vaguely remember the ball boy clapping thing. What season was this?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

😆I vaguely remember the ball boy clapping thing. What season was this?

ooft now your asking, around 1985 iirc

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I thought I seen him going for a trample on the guy after he fell too but no clips really show clearly 

Seen it this morning, highlights on BBC website. He did exactly as you say, deliberately trod on him.

After the treatment he has had from Naisy, you'd think he would know how to do it. Would love to see Collum's report.

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I know someone who knows Bonner well. He is indeed a decent bloke.

FFS, someone's hacked Johno's account.☹️

8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Agree entirely.

rangers nine was was never as worthy.

And Celtic can ram their nearly nine where the sun don't shine.

Bookies suspended for Eddie Howe to become Celtic manager. Cant decide if it will be a good appointment. They have obviously missed a manager that can coach players but a manager who struggled defensively is not best recipe for that defence. Plus looks like he would get eaten up by the press up here. Fingers crossed it implodes too

23 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Bookies suspended for Eddie Howe to become Celtic manager. Cant decide if it will be a good appointment. They have obviously missed a manager that can coach players but a manager who struggled defensively is not best recipe for that defence. Plus looks like he would get eaten up by the press up here. Fingers crossed it implodes too

Hopefully soon to be known among the mhanky mob as "Eddie Howe the feck did he get the job"? 

Guest ToqueJambo
35 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

A major risk given Celtic managers need to do well in Europe and he's a complete rookie there. European football experience would be the obvious draw for him (as well as the money) to give him more options for his next job. This would be a very, very long way out of his comfort zone though. 

10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Couldn't agree more John. I actually had a deal of respect for Celtic then.

A great team and probably the worlds best ever manager and lucky for us as well as Hibs also had a great team then and would have won a good few trophies if it hadn't been fo them