Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Let’s not kid ourselves we would all be happy to have been where Aberdeen are over the last 3/4 years. 

Fair comment. Being as this is a Hearts forum.

I don't think Derek McInnes is happy with 3rd. Maybe he is. 

This is very familiar. When they are not dominating Aberdeen have no idea what to do. They are schooled to play one way. Which is geared to beating St Mirren and Motherwell.

Edited by Mikey1874

26 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ally " I'll tell you what " McCoist

" Could easiably been a red card "

Followed by "I've got to say"

No ally you can just shut up:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers answering any questions about new year form and attitude.

Hibs will beat Covid FC tomorrow and that’s it done.

Rangers are a beast of a machine to be fair.  I’d be gobsmacked if they are beaten at all in the league this season. Utterly humiliating the other arse cheek

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Can anyone say why The Rangers are not wearing their usual blue?

Money no doubt. Probably contractually obliged to wear it on TV a certain amount of times a season to generate more sales. 

Nope. Not even remotely a dive from Hagi. No penalty to see here Mr Beaton. 
Ridiculous how that doesn’t get pulled as a yellow for a dive. And the worst kind of dive, the type to try and get a penalty, and potentially a red if the ref is consistent. 
Anyway, goal to Aberdeen. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

John Beaton colourblind with reds and blues?

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Lost track the amount of different kits they've played in this season 

2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

9 wins out of 10 for Livingston. 7 wins in a row. 
Some run they find themselves on. 

Only 6 points behind Hibs with a game in hand.

All that money Hibs have spent and they might end up below Livi 🤣

2 minutes injury time when it's 2-1 is odd.   It's usually a standard three minutes.    One minute in the first half.   I admit I didn't watch it much but still it's usually three minutes with games that had red card, penalty and no doubt other stuff.    He blew the whistle on the dot, no extra. 

Edited by HMFC01

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

2 minutes injury time when it's 2-1 is odd.   It's usually a standard three minutes.    One minute in the first half.   I admit I didn't watch it much but still it's usually three minutes with games that had red card, penalty and no doubt other stuff. 

3 subs in second half

30 seconds added per sub

34 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Lost track the amount of different kits they've played in this season 

Old stock at sports direct?

55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

3 subs in second half

30 seconds added per sub

I am trying to update myself on the rules for stoppages.   All I'm getting is "the ref' makes it up".    No specific time for each incident. 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rulesgovernance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-7---the-duration-of-the-match

Still adding all the incidents in the first half up, he only adds one minute.    Three cards, one was red, a penalty, a sub.   A goal with possible over celebrating.    Fouls and injuries.   Odd. 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

2 minutes injury time when it's 2-1 is odd.   It's usually a standard three minutes.    One minute in the first half.   I admit I didn't watch it much but still it's usually three minutes with games that had red card, penalty and no doubt other stuff.    He blew the whistle on the dot, no extra. 

It would have been 5 or 6 if they were 2-1 down.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It would have been 5 or 6 if they were 2-1 down.

No doubts.   I went back to the first half and checked.   There was two medical timeouts for morelos and barisic, a red card, two yellow cards, one sub.   Some verbal warnings for fouls.   It should have been more than three minutes.   He only adds one minute.    That's Beaton. 

I would like an independent review on ref performances up here.    Like they do in the EPL for explanation of the rules.   Need to weed out the crap. 

Edited by HMFC01

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sportscene: who's the eejit wearing the T shirt with a snarling dug on it.  What an effing plonker.

Amy Macdonald's husband

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Only 6 points behind Hibs with a game in hand.

All that money Hibs have spent and they might end up below Livi 🤣

Again 😎

10 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Never a penalty. Never a red card. 
I don’t give a **** who wins the league. Just wanted to watch what was hopefully going to be a decent game of football 

The thing is the rules say it is a penalty and a red card. 

BBC on the ball as ever...

Posted at 21:4921:49

Post update

FT: Celtic 1-0 Hibernian

d976c74e-425b-4e67-8cf3-cc1c4ca90b57.jpg

Tom English

BBC Scotland's chief sports writer

Quote Message: What do they do with Neil Lennon? Do they commit to him for next season, or do they want a change? If they do, when do they make it? Do they allow someone to come in now to get the feel for Celtic and Scottish football?

What do they do with Neil Lennon? Do they commit to him for next season, or do they want a change? If they do, when do they make it? Do they allow someone to come in now to get the feel for Celtic and Scottish football?

Let's assume we win promotion this season.

Aberdeen are the third best team in the country but they very rarely impress when I watch them. I honestly don't think they are anything special or a team to fear. 

Hibernian are supposedly the fourth best team in the country. Well I have just watched them play a decimated Celtic team and they looked poor. And let's not forget, we beat them not that long ago in the Scottish Cup semi-final. 

I honestly think should we win promotion we are only one transfer window of good recruitment away from being right in there challenging for third spot again. It's all there for us if we do our business correctly over the next six months.

51 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Aberdeen are the third best team in the country but they very rarely impress when I watch them. I honestly don't think they are anything special or a team to fear. 

Hibernian are supposedly the fourth best team in the country. Well I have just watched them play a decimated Celtic team and they looked poor. And let's not forget, we beat them not that long ago in the Scottish Cup semi-final. 

I honestly think should we win promotion we are only one transfer window of good recruitment away from being right in there challenging for third spot again. It's all there for us if we do our business correctly over the next six months.

Yep. The one thing those teams seem to have is a settled starting XI and balanced squads. 

Think we are 18 months away from that but we can beat them on our day. 

14 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

The sheep are a team of relative journeymen. Physically large journeymen and that's their greatest strength. Their journeymen as well as being large are of a slightly better quality than most of the rest of the league and that's their edge.

Their fans are forever complaining that McInnes should be sacked in favour of someone else, who knows who, to take them to "the next level"

First of all McInnes is as good as they can get whether they like it or not. He knows how to set them up to grind out 3rd and 4th place finishes by bullying lesser opposition with their physicality and fouling superior opposition out of a rhythm.

Those 3rd and 4th place finishes are their level. There is no next level any manager in the world could realistically take them to. Hearts can easily be a match for them.

Tennant's  6's
55 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The sheep are a team of relative journeymen. Physically large journeymen and that's their greatest strength. Their journeymen as well as being large are of a slightly better quality than most of the rest of the league and that's their edge.

Their fans are forever complaining that McInnes should be sacked in favour of someone else, who knows who, to take them to "the next level"

First of all McInnes is as good as they can get whether they like it or not. He knows how to set them up to grind out 3rd and 4th place finishes by bullying lesser opposition with their physicality and fouling superior opposition out of a rhythm.

Those 3rd and 4th place finishes are their level. There is no next level any manager in the world could realistically take them to. Hearts can easily be a match for them.

Good shout. 

Pretty much a well oiled 'hoofball' team with a big lump up front, cosgrove/ main and a battling midfield, shinnie/ ferguson.

With good signings for our budget and a clear plan/ approach to play, with contingency plan B's & C's, theure very much catchable as the 'best of the rest'

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Good post. I couldn't disagree with anything you've said there.

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

👌🏻👌🏻

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Who the hell is Guy Melamed :laugh:

St Johnstone's first goalscorer.

Might be one of their youth squad promoted. They have at least 3 players here in Edinburgh. I see them catch the train to Perth from Waverley often.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

St Johnstone's first goalscorer.

Might be one of their youth squad promoted. They have at least 3 players here in Edinburgh. I see them catch the train to Perth from Waverley often.

28 year old Israeli...signed in October :laugh:

Missed that one!

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Shankland scoring a Beckhamesque goal from just past the halfway line!

About the same time this website crashed for a few minutes. 
Coincidence? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mcinnes could easily be off. If there is much truth in the Wright transfer, Aberdeen must be toiling cash wise, selling to Rangers at their behest. 

They have a habit of hanging on too long with players, missed real dough on McKenna and may have done so again with Cosgrove. 

Kind of hoping GMS is stealing a march on these as we did regularly 

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Mcinnes could easily be off. If there is much truth in the Wright transfer, Aberdeen must be toiling cash wise, selling to Rangers at their behest. 

They have a habit of hanging on too long with players, missed real dough on McKenna and may have done so again with Cosgrove. 

Kind of hoping GMS is stealing a march on these as we did regularly 

I'm not sure Rangers are actually offering to buy Wright. His contract expires in less than 5 months. Wright has been consistently declining to sign a new one. Rangers can get him on a pre-contract. For nothing.

15 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Good shout. 

Pretty much a well oiled 'hoofball' team with a big lump up front, cosgrove/ main and a battling midfield, shinnie/ ferguson.

With good signings for our budget and a clear plan/ approach to play, with contingency plan B's & C's, theure very much catchable as the 'best of the rest'

I would also say we have consistently seen another 'level' the sheep appear incapable of rising above. That level is QR3 in Europe. Now their fans claim part of the reason is that they're unlucky in the draw. That Rangers are very lucky. That's nonsense.

For example the round beyond QR3 is the play off round. Victory there gets you into the group stage. This year Rangers defeated Galatasaray in the play off round to make the groups.

That's a lucky draw? Gimme a break. Anybody think the sheep and their 'hoofball' would have conquered Galatasaray?.

Whether they or anybody else in Scotland likes it or not in Scottish terms and even in Europa league group stage terms Rangers are a very good side indeed.

They beat Galatasaray because they were good enough and topped their group because they were good enough. There can be no logical argument against that.

Now as for Hearts everyone has to accept that in Scotland the chances of dislodging the OF from the top two spots except maybe on rare occasions are remote. A 3rd place finish is the celling for everyone else.

But getting back to the sheep and their failure in Europe that may in part be down to how they grind out those 3rd and 4th place finishes. By simply deploying big heifers and playing their 'hoofball' up to the big heifer Cosgrove game.

But that's patently not getting them anywhere in Europe. In Europe they face non Scottish referees who wont tolerate their constant fouling to prevent football breaking out. The strategy they play week in week out falls apart.

Now Europe is the only avenue for any Scottish club including the OF to make any real money. The OF are coining in tens of millions there. That has to be the target for Hearts too. A euro qualification or even two in succession could cement Hearts as far and away the 3rd force in Scotland.

But I feel real football will have to be played to have any chance of achieving that. The sheep model isn't the way to go. The OF model is.

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Some goal - surprised players don't try that more often, nothing to lose

Agreed. I'm often bemused why 'sweeper-'keepers' aren't caught out more often and It's not that unusual to see goalkeepers positioned beyond the 'D'. This most recent example is a classic of its ilk. That goalie must've had nightmares about that 'un (if he managed to get any sleep, that is). The slo-mo of him back-tracking and ending up in the back of the net himself is hilarious.