*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

19 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

AZ had more possession and more shots on goal. 

They will turn Utd over in the home leg

Thought they were really poor tbh. Utd obviously played really well but as far as performances go I thought AZ were pretty rotten.

Edited by 151

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

One injured till Xmas and the other benched on sat…your next stupid answer.

But they’re both better than the United pair right?

And just to play your game.

McGrath started on the bench tonight.

Edited by ShedBoy

25 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

A nice leggy affair next week to tire them out for us the Sunday after.

:spoton:

"Hearts bully a weak and depleted Dundee United side". 

"Additionally, their midfield was shite!". 

Edited by HMFC01

AlphonseCapone

Some roasters on here. Can folk not just fair play to United for a decent European result without having a pop at Hearts? 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Boyce, Beni, devlin, Forrest, grant, Mackay all better than what Dundee Utd have 

but they have a decent team and made some good signings 

5 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Boyce, Beni, devlin, Forrest, grant, Mackay all better than what Dundee Utd have 

but they have a decent team and made some good signings 

Yep, with you, but like the sheep, many on here wrote both off  as they were hubs last season , thats the reality for some 

Edited by SCFHearts

39 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

One injured till Xmas and the other benched on sat…your next stupid answer.

What a total slaver. 

Think a lack of a second goal will come back to bite them in the second leg, but credit where its due for tonight's result. Jack Ross will try park the bus no doubt 2nd leg, but just depends whether they can see it out for 90 minutes. Would expect AZ to play at a much higher intensity next week so its going to be a very big ask but good luck to them.

https://readceltic.com/2022/08/03/opinion-sky-decision-makes-sense-but-is-still-annoying-for-celtic-fans/

Bit of moaning about not enough away games on sky sports.    Unhappy Hibs Hearts on TV this week. 😂 

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-v-hearts-pushed-back-tannadice-sell-out-empty-seats-at-ross-county-and-kilmarnock/

😀 

"Celtic’s next two games at Ross County and Kilmarnock are likely to be played in front of sections of empty seats while Celtic fans are denied a reasonable share of tickets that would allow the Scottish Premiership grounds to hit capacity." 

That thing you do
3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

😂😂😂

Levitt would walk into the Hearts midfield. Boy is a masterstroke of a signing.

Harkes wouldnt.

Middleton wouldnt be far off nor would McGrath

Better/worse is relative but its not the joke youd like it to be.

Jury still out on Levitt.. some said early doors  on here that Ben Woodburn was 'too good' for our league. Only  time will tell.

I still cant back other football teams in Europe despite them being Scottish (Old Firm aside as I really want them to fail despite coefficient damage etc etc). It feels false for me.

I dont actively want them to lose and I dont cheer goals for or against them...maybe a sly chuckle when they concede at best. I just dont care about them.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

I still cant back other football teams in Europe despite them being Scottish (Old Firm aside as I really want them to fail despite coefficient damage etc etc). It feels false for me.

I dont actively want them to lose and I dont cheer goals for or against them...maybe a sly chuckle when they concede at best. I just dont care about them.

I’m worse than you when it comes to other Scottish teams in Europe. I want them all to fail miserably. I support Hearts so want all their opponents coming up to fall flat on their faces. I care only about Hearts and our results. Dumb I know but that’s just how I’ve always been.

We didn’t lose to Dundee Utd last season. I’m not expecting that to change having seen them twice now.

Levitt makes a difference for them. We should have taken him IMO but hey ho, we didn’t but we’ve still a few to bring in

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

👍 that's where I am DK

stirlingshirejambo
5 hours ago, logopolis said:

Jury still out on Levitt.. some said early doors  on here that Ben Woodburn was 'too good' for our league. Only  time will tell.

He was excellent last season at United and see no reason why he will not perform as well again

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

They are not beating Celtic or rangers, that’s what I was getting at. 

Why? 

They beat rangers last season. 

Bazzas right boot

He was very good last season for them and started with a goal in the first game this season. 

Time has already told. 

Bazzas right boot

He was very good last season for them and started with a goal in the first game this season. 

Time has already told. 

10 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Yep and United's 'massive' fanbase 🤣

They'll be back to 6,000 on Sunday  😁

Commentators banging on about a 14k sell out.

Attendance- 10,181

I actually really enjoyed that last night, well done to united, it would be brilliant if they can get through the tie against a very tough opponent.

Its night like that where clubs can see the potential fan base is there in Scotland.

Lots of salty folk here. 

That was a great result for United last night.

A great attendance (for their standards). 

They have a decent team, hopefully they take points from the OF while being pumped by us. 

Darth Sidious

Well done to them.  My memories of European nights is watching Dundee Utd against Barcelona and Gothenburg on TV back in the day.  When it was ok to support Scottish teams in Europe before the media made it compulsory that you had to support Celtic/Rangers for the coefficient.

Good luck to them, made some decent signings.  Will be a test for Hearts and will push Hibs another place down the league.

Percival King

Several Scottish clubs, including ourselves, have been on the wrong end of a European shock in previous Julys and Augusts and we can get embarrassed with how it reflects on our league so it would be something different IF (that's a big if) United could see this through next week and be the ones creating the shock. I'm no cheerleader for them but I hope they do it. And from a more petty angle, it might lead to some Hibs supporters regretting pushing for Jack Ross's dismissal last season.

3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Lots of salty folk here. 

They have a decent team, hopefully they take points from the OF while being pumped by us. 

Think the wee team fans will wish Jack Ross was still with them after watching that.

They will wipe the floor with the spoon burners.

Been a good window for them.

11 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

https://readceltic.com/2022/08/03/opinion-sky-decision-makes-sense-but-is-still-annoying-for-celtic-fans/

Bit of moaning about not enough away games on sky sports.    Unhappy Hibs Hearts on TV this week. 😂 

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-v-hearts-pushed-back-tannadice-sell-out-empty-seats-at-ross-county-and-kilmarnock/

😀

"Celtic’s next two games at Ross County and Kilmarnock are likely to be played in front of sections of empty seats while Celtic fans are denied a reasonable share of tickets that would allow the Scottish Premiership grounds to hit capacity." 

I have belly button fluff with more self awareness than those fuds.

Not sure anyone cares but does anyone know why the Friday night championship game isn't on BBC Scotland? What's the point of playing tonight otherwise 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Not sure anyone cares but does anyone know why the Friday night championship game isn't on BBC Scotland? What's the point of playing tonight otherwise 🤷‍♂️

I wondered that too. Always a decent watch on Friday, if not top quality. And it was invaluable to us Jambos when we were in the Championship and not able to attend matches.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Lots of salty folk here. 

Fair. 

But after our demotion and the court case I hope they get pumped 5-0 in the return leg, their arse collapses and they finish 2nd bottom above hibs, then get relegated and we get Levitt on a free due to a release clause. 

Their fans can then do another walk to raise money. 

I'm like Take That. 

I Never forget. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

I was looking for the match.   Usually Friday night is livetv but nothing.    Good scoreline missed.    I watch Bayern instead, abit of Arsenal.    

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

I wondered that too. Always a decent watch on Friday, if not top quality. And it was invaluable to us Jambos when we were in the Championship and not able to attend matches.

45 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I was looking for the match.   Usually Friday night is livetv but nothing.    Good scoreline missed.    I watch Bayern instead, abit of Arsenal.    

Friday night football starts up on BBC Scotland next week. Only reason the Queens Park game was tonight is they're groundsharing with Stenhousemuir this season who are at home tomorrow so I'd expect to see QP play on a Friday regularly. Whether or not they'll heavily feature on BBC remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Friday night football starts up on BBC Scotland next week. Only reason the Queens Park game was tonight is they're groundsharing with Stenhousemuir this season who are at home tomorrow so I'd expect to see QP play on a Friday regularly. Whether or not they'll heavily feature on BBC remains to be seen.

They will get the best of the pitch before Stenhousemuir.    Not off to a good start mind.    I guess they will be regular on the Friday being a Championship side.    Unless they play on  Sunday.  Thanks for that. 

Attendance 943!   Not bad. 

Unknown user
On 04/08/2022 at 21:33, CloustonHMFC said:

I would have said they were a level above Zürich. 

Zurich won their league last season, while AZ won their European place after play offs between the teams ranked 5th-8th in the eredivisie. They'd finished 5th to be fair, and the Dutch league's a higher standard (I think), but Zurich are used to winning.

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

They will get the best of the pitch before Stenhousemuir.    Not off to a good start mind.    I guess they will be regular on the Friday being a Championship side.    Unless they play on  Sunday.  Thanks for that. 

Attendance 943!   Not bad. 

Surprised at that crowd. Playing at Stenny isn't ideal for fans albeit Ayr would've took decent numbers I'd think. The pitch at Stenny is plastic I'm sure so not sure how much advantage QP get from playing first. I sure hope QP don't get away matches on the Friday night that often. Hope their fans get some Saturday football. :lol: 

Apologies, its not Stenhousemuir at home tomorrow, but East of Scotland side Syngenta who also share. For Queens Park, it's much the same as Edinburgh City playing at Ainslie with not one but two teams to work around.

Plastic pitches.    I forgot about those things.    Makes sense now.   Three clubs sharing!    They will have to  take turns giving it a vacuum an' a brush.    

10 hours ago, Locky said:

👍Cheers.