*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Hope they don't decide it on who's the tallest.

Ross pulled out the running so looks like Pepsi max on his way to Dundee 

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tartofmidlothian
44 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Ross pulled out the running so looks like Pepsi max on his way to Dundee 

Wonder why? Maybe he wants a better job really, that would be some step down from Hibs.

6 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Trips to QOTS and Annan are brutal for them! Why did they do away with regionalising it this season? Although it was a bit daft as we ended up at Peterhead a few years ago.

Think everyone was getting bored of the same teams every year, was very few variation going on with the seedings and regional sections.  From what I can gather a large majority of squad for teams like Elgin, Peterhead, Montrose, Arbroath work and live in the central belt and train in the central belt so they actually prefer the away games.

37 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Wonder why? Maybe he wants a better job really, that would be some step down from Hibs.

Story claimed Ross had 2 other offers on the table 

highlandjambo3
On 24/05/2022 at 10:44, Mikey1874 said:

James McPake in line for the Dunfermline job. 

James Mistake will fail again 

Rick James
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Im presuming the League Cup groups arent drawn North/South geographically any more?

Scrapped it this year for some reason. Would rather they did that before now from a fans perspective. Our 'regionalised' bracket was often brutal.

Rick James
14 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Story claimed Ross had 2 other offers on the table 

Only other job in Scotland available is Airdrie.

As for down south, Blackburn, Burnley, QPR, Barnsley, Charlton, Forest Green, Barrow, Crawley and Hartlepool are all looking for managers.

Barnsley and Charlton would be my guesses.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Scrapped it this year for some reason. Would rather they did that before now from a fans perspective. Our 'regionalised' bracket was often brutal.

Aye it was mental. Tuesday/Weds up in Elgin, Peterhead, Fraserburgh because we were in the North Section. :rofl:

Decent jaunts up but **** me, a long journey back.

Rick James
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye it was mental. Tuesday/Weds up in Elgin, Peterhead, Fraserburgh because we were in the North Section. :rofl:

Decent jaunts up but **** me, a long journey back.

I kinda got why they put us in it as we have the money as a club to afford these bigger trips, unlike say Edinburgh City who sort of need the South bracket, but aye from a fans perspective it was pretty murder.

Still never recovered from that midweek trip to Peterhead.

Absolute Scenes

Hibs managing to be drawn with the lowest ranked team in Scottish Professional league, coincidence

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, Locky said:

As for down south, Blackburn, Burnley, QPR, Barnsley, Charlton, Forest Green, Barrow, Crawley and Hartlepool are all looking for managers.

Now he's left Hibs I can say Ross is plenty good enough for a decent League One team.

30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Hibs managing to be drawn with the lowest ranked team in Scottish Professional league, coincidence

They drew themselves? :whistling: 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Now he's left Hibs I can say Ross is plenty good enough for a decent League One team.

Agreed. 

Lone Striker
9 hours ago, Locky said:

Aye, Barnsley would be a good test for Jack Ross, although they've developed a reputation as being trigger-happy with their managers.   Burnley would be a real star on his CV though.

Meanwhile,  Strachan's genius  selection process comes up trumps again.  Mind you, wee Shaun probably can't believe his luck that he's going to be reporting to a DoF who's 2cm shorter than him.   😃

Edited by Lone Striker

5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Aye, Barnsley would be a good test for Jack Ross, although they've developed a reputation as being trigger-happy with their managers.   Burnley would be a real star on his CV though.

Meanwhile,  Strachan's genius  selection process comes up trumps again.  Mind you, wee Shaun probably can't believe his luck that he's going to be reporting to a DoF who's 2cm shorter than him.   😃

i saw reports that vincent kompany is interested in the burnley job

Rick James
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Left Anderlecht yesterday and saw him listed as 1/20 for the Burnley job yesterday.

53 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Gosh, you don’t miss much.

DesertDawg

FORR?

Seems there are meetings scheduled between Kirkcaldy fans and FOH to discuss fan ownership as many feel that the current structure is tainted by the Goodwillie fiasco.

Won't be easy though as Stark's Park needs extensive maintenance and repairs.  Some suggesting that a move to a new greenfield site near Kirkcaldy could be the best "fresh start" option.  8 players out of contract tomorrow doesn't make things any easier.  

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

FORR?

Seems there are meetings scheduled between Kirkcaldy fans and FOH to discuss fan ownership as many feel that the current structure is tainted by the Goodwillie fiasco.

Won't be easy though as Stark's Park needs extensive maintenance and repairs.  Some suggesting that a move to a new greenfield site near Kirkcaldy could be the best "fresh start" option.  8 players out of contract tomorrow doesn't make things any easier.  

Good luck to them.

Watt-Zeefuik
14 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

FORR?

Our stadium was in no great nick when we took over, and just look at it now.

Best of luck to them.

12 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

FORR?

Coincidentally, I walked past Stark's Park on Sunday and it looked derelict. Turnbull Hutton will be turning in his grave.

Screenshot_20220531-074238_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220531-074244_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220531-074309_Gallery.jpg

Rick James
16 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

FORR?

Would be curious to see their finances over the past year or 2. Not a club who struck me as being particularly strong financially but they forked out on Goodwillie, then had to fork out again to cancel his contract and have now brought in Murray who I assume cost them compo to Airdrie. Remember they were a bit of a basket case club until Turnbull Hutton came in, but still don't see them being that well off. No doubt the directors had to put their hands in their pocked with the Goodwillie fiasco.

Rick James
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Kevin Thomson has resigned from Kelty. 

Weird one that. Maybe Kelty tried to stand in his way of going elsewhere, but no other jobs available in Scotland atm except the Dundee gig.

Maybe getting a bit ahead of himself if so. That was his first job in management and no disrespect, but I think most managers would've got that Kelty team promoted.

DesertDawg

Seems he was approached about the Raith Rovers job although it went to Ian Murray.

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Locky said:

Weird one that. Maybe Kelty tried to stand in his way of going elsewhere, but no other jobs available in Scotland atm except the Dundee gig.

Maybe getting a bit ahead of himself if so. That was his first job in management and no disrespect, but I think most managers would've got that Kelty team promoted.

He’s more highly thought of in a coaching / managerial capacity than Ferguson was at Kelty. 

Dundee is a stick on for him unless something down South stands out. It’s a better move than Ferguson going to Alloa is what I would say. He might end up going back!

Dundee as a club isn’t attractive at the moment but playing for Thomson would be. Would be a start for them turning the fans back on side too, they really like him. 

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Kevin Thomson has resigned from Kelty. 

Probs end up at Rangers as a coach. I’m sure he said on open goal months ago with Si Ferry Kelty won’t stand in his way and know he will be using them as a stepping stone. Maybe Kelty stance changed since they gained promotion.

52 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Seems he was approached about the Raith Rovers job although it went to Ian Murray.

They also approached Liam Fox too and Dundee United gave them permission to speak but went for Murray probably the worst out the 3 they could of went for 😂

RustyRightPeg
26 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Probs end up at Rangers as a coach. I’m sure he said on open goal months ago with Si Ferry Kelty won’t stand in his way and know he will be using them as a stepping stone. Maybe Kelty stance changed since they gained promotion.

Can’t see him taking a step back when his stock is high. He left rangers to go there in the first plave

DesertDawg
41 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

They also approached Liam Fox too and Dundee United gave them permission to speak but went for Murray probably the worst out the 3 they could of went for 😂

Or Murray was a less expensive option?

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Seems he was, like the playing squad at Kelty, on a part-time contract and wanted to go full time as they've moved up a league.  

• 2 weeks later...
Scotfotbawfan

Was going to post a thread but can't, (must be because I'm new). It's about Scottish football so put it in here instead.

Unless somethings done I can see in the next few years a club going part time in the spl,  once that starts the quality will only get worse and within 10 years you could be looking at the league of Ireland quality wise.  There's to much compromises to be made for real change to work where fans of clubs would rather starve there team rather than putting up with some things for a bigger outcome. 

We have a rubbish TV deal because we don't have a product to sell.  Switch on an spl game and the very first thing you see is half empty stands, that makes it look amateurish from the off.  The gap financially between the top 2 and the rest is astronomical which means realisticly its not going to change.  We need a more competitive league.

When teams get to cup finals all of a sudden they can shift alot more tickets so there is a market base there to increase matchday numbers they just have to get them in and keep them coming back.  

This is the changes I'd make and itl never happen but imo it would make a much better competitive and better league and improve the overall standard.

The clubs in Europe would only get to keep 50% of the money awarded by uefa with the other 50% split between the other clubs in the league. The 50% the clubs get must be spent on the playing squad though.

For televised games the home team should be forced to fill one stand before anyone seated in another, if that means moving season ticket holders for some games so be it.  The remaining tickets should be made available to the away club to try fill the stadium as live games on TV always look better with full stadiums.

I'd have a rule in place though that where this has happened then any extra income generated by that must be spent on improving the playing squad though. 

At 1k a match officials should be made a full time job and not part time.  The standard of refs is shocking, I don't believe any willingly cheat I just think there a poor standard.  Get them full time and they would improve.

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

1 down

...hope he takes the rest of them with him! 

• 2 weeks later...
That thing you do
On 17/06/2022 at 09:14, Mikey1874 said:

1 down

There will still be a way to award a Penalty to Rangers regardless. Probably the count at QPR will go up from now on....

RustyRightPeg

Forgive me but Hibs are currently live streaming their game against Hartlepool on YouTube. 

A good chance to see the early impression SPH is making on Jeff Stelling’s boys. 

Wee group of Hibs fans along the side of the park. Fair play, they take more to Algarve for a pishy friendly than they do to some league games.

Салатные палочки

I thought that looked quite nice for Hartlepool :laugh2:

Nookie Bear
On 17/06/2022 at 15:22, milky_26 said:

He'll be getting loaned back in the January window

Rangers will have a buy back clause.