*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Captain Lithuania
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Couldn’t make it out

Sounded like something you’d shout at Leigh Griffiths. Disappointing if that’s what it was. 

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First red card seems fair to me.    Defender used his hands to hold the attacker.   

Second red harsh but did lunge.   I'd say no red though.    He went for the ball. 

9 man Caley did this to us, a while back. 

Pens were only going to end the way they did. 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

First red card seems fair to me.    Defender used his hands to hold the attacker.   

Second red harsh but did lunge.   I'd say no red though.    He went for the ball. 

2nd yellow 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

2nd yellow 

OK.    I watched replay but didn't see a yellow.  👍.    So a caution for a lunge.   Seems fair.    Stupid to do that on a yellow. 

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

9 man Caley did this to us, a while back. 

Pens were only going to end the way they did. 

I was there and sat in a car full of ICT fans back up to Inverness.

Not the best journey,

(We’d beaten them the year before.  It was fun listening to Hector Nicol on the Tannoy at ER)

Edited by FWJ

HeartsandonlyHearts

Remember that time #!bs fans thought they were on a “written in the stars” cup run when they beat the top of the league Arbroath. 
And we laughed and we laughed.

As happy as I am that ICT beat Arbroath, I can’t help but feel for Dick Campbell.

The last of the old school managers.

So in the karma Olympics…

- Hearts finish third in the most valuable year ever and are in the big cup final. 
- H1B5 are managerless, have a shite squad of about 51, have Peruvian Vlad in charge and could finish 10th. 
- Ross County blow one of their best chances at European football. 
- Dundee are down. 
- St Johnstone could go down, replaced by ICT. 
- Dunfermline are relegated to league one. 
- Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City are promoted to league one

- Cowdenbeath look they’re destined for oblivion. 

In summary…

200.gif

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

So in the karma Olympics…

- Hearts finish third in the most valuable year ever and are in the big cup final. 
- H1B5 are managerless, have a shite squad of about 51, have Peruvian Vlad in charge and could finish 10th. 
- Ross County blow one of their best chances at European football. 
- Dundee are down. 
- St Johnstone could go down, replaced by ICT. 
- Dunfermline are relegated to league one. 
- Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City are promoted to league one

- Cowdenbeath look they’re destined for oblivion. 

In summary…

200.gif

And Raith and Aberdeen returned to being laughing stocks 😁

Edited by neilnunb

My stream gave out after 75m but up until that point it may have been the poorest match i have ever seen. I get there were nerves but it was bloody awful stuff. 

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Well, gotta hand it to Caley,  but Arbroath did not deserve anything from this game,  really poor.  

that guys header that hit the side netting, hopeless.

King prawn
10 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Forgot how poor the standard of football is in the Championship.

Just awful. Still, well done Caley!

Makes it all the more funny it took Hibs 3 attempts to get out :lol: 

RustyRightPeg

A good bet would be to put Arbroath to go down next year I reckon. 

I imagine the odds will be pretty decent on it and there’s no way they’ll replicate this season again. 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully that is Collums brain fart game out the way. 

He's been generally decent ( compared to the rest) but when he has a bad game he makes sure he does it in style, doesn't do **** ups by half. 

The game was terrible and although Abroath lacked quality they tried to win the game, ICT spent the whole match kicking the ball away. 

They were shite as well. Honking, even with 11 men. 

St Johnstone won't be shitting themselves at the thought of ICT  but considering they could only draw with Arbroath earlier in the lc this season- the game will Likley be tight. 

Would have been good for Arbroath to come up, the small league, 1 up and 1 down, the shitty playoffs along with a smaller league is designed to stop clubs like Arbroath from coming up. 

Would have have the blazers a headache. 

manaliveits105

Feck me the bbc love ceptic 

anyone who believes Liam McLeod isn’t a ceptic fan is aff their nut 

he was uncontrollable - I think Dick had to step in when he run down to get on the pitch to join in 

Nookie Bear

Media gush over Celtic and their manager is embarrassing. 

Anyone who thinks that title win is anything other than routine is deluded. 
Throw millions at it, make sure you get more points than the other team in the old firm games and that’s it. 

They are talking about this championship as a Leicester 2016/Brazil 1970 hybrid. 

Tasavallan

Bye bye Blue Brazil and their lousy central park.

Shooter McGavin

Celtic win their 10th title in 11 years, with the biggest budget in the league and resources that completely and utterly dwarf 10 of the other 11 teams in the league.

and yet it’s getting made out to be some kind of monumental achievement 😂

Move over Leicester, Celtic have just won the league after spending £25 million and paying individual players more than some clubs pay their entire squad, and all the while 90% of the league have to get by on free transfers.

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Bye bye Blue Brazil and their lousy central park.

Forever...hopefully.

DesertDawg
27 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Forever...hopefully.

Looks like it now....Bonnyrigg just scored.

heartsfc_fan

Well done Bonnyrigg 👍

Lived there for nearly 3 years so have a mild interest in them.

Well done to them!

I don’t know Midlothian at all - do they / will they get much support from other town around like Dalkeith etc or is that a big no-no?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Well done to them!

I don’t know Midlothian at all - do they / will they get much support from other town around like Dalkeith etc or is that a big no-no?

Not likely. 😄

Randy Marsh

Albion Rovers next season please.🤞   Got zero sympathy for these clubs that lose their league status.  They are so short sighted and don't want to revamp Scottish football for the better.  Ideally we should have 2 Pro Leagues and a regional pyramid system underneath (North, West, East and South) with maybe 4 leagues of 14 teams.  Clubs like  Cowdenbeath and Brechin know this would dilute the overall prize money so we're never going to look into some sort of reconstruction.  They will suffer for a long time hopefully. Good riddance.

14 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Albion Rovers next season please.🤞   Got zero sympathy for these clubs that lose their league status.  They are so short sighted and don't want to revamp Scottish football for the better.  Ideally we should have 2 Pro Leagues and a regional pyramid system underneath (North, West, East and South) with maybe 4 leagues of 14 teams.  Clubs like  Cowdenbeath and Brechin know this would dilute the overall prize money so we're never going to look into some sort of reconstruction.  They will suffer for a long time hopefully. Good riddance.

The worst of the dross have gone.

Perhaps it might take 2 or 3 years to get more away.

As you say its Albion, Elgin and possibly East Fife battling it out next season. Not sure if anyone is strong enough to come up. If the Highland League teams strengthen. Not sure about Lowland League. Maybe Darvel next season if they get there.

16 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Did they not say they didn’t want Brora for travel reasons?

Noticed Dundee United go into the third qualifying stage of the UEFA Conference League, does this mean they are only one tie away from the group stages and the minimum guaranteed £3m payout ?
could be a game changer for them as well as ourselves ?

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Did they not say they didn’t want Brora for travel reasons?

Yes that is correct. Hopefully they are toast next season.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The worst of the dross have gone.

Perhaps it might take 2 or 3 years to get more away.

As you say its Albion, Elgin and possibly East Fife battling it out next season. Not sure if anyone is strong enough to come up. If the Highland League teams strengthen. Not sure about Lowland League. Maybe Darvel next season if they get there.

East Kilbride hve money behind them too

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Noticed Dundee United go into the third qualifying stage of the UEFA Conference League, does this mean they are only one tie away from the group stages and the minimum guaranteed £3m payout ?

I think it's 2 rounds they need to get through.  Very tough ask looking at the teams in it last season.

18 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

No

There is a 'Play off round' as well.

20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

East Kilbride hve money behind them too

They do but that shouldn't be the measure of anything. 

They're a nothing club with no support. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Celtic win their 10th title in 11 years, with the biggest budget in the league and resources that completely and utterly dwarf 10 of the other 11 teams in the league.

and yet it’s getting made out to be some kind of monumental achievement 😂

Move over Leicester, Celtic have just won the league after spending £25 million and paying individual players more than some clubs pay their entire squad, and all the while 90% of the league have to get by on free transfers.

Yup, well done to Angie and Celtic, but its not an incredible feat like the press seem to treat it as. Also think the Celtic fans are over celebrating it as a response to how Rangers fans celebrated last season (like to prove a point.)

I see McGhee has been fired, that was a successful managerial change, in fact I think all teams who changed managers actually got worse 😂

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I see McGhee has been fired, that was a successful managerial change, in fact I think all teams who changed managers actually got worse 😂

A seriously bizarre appointment in the first place.

Appointing him shows just how backwards Scottish football can be at times.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The only benefit of it was he finally served his 6 match touchline ban.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It was all down to one man, Gordon Strachan, deciding to give his mate a job. Now Strachan is officially director of football at Dundee and in charge of appointing the next manager. I suspect Dundee wont be back up for a while.

Shooter McGavin
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

It was all down to one man, Gordon Strachan, deciding to give his mate a job. Now Strachan is officially director of football at Dundee and in charge of appointing the next manager. I suspect Dundee wont be back up for a while.

He’s an inspiration to folk out there who are utter s**** at their job and yet still collect a wage.

And I hope so, an absolute w*** club, hope they fold.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You can imagine the chat between those two after the games. Worse double act in history. They won’t be missed hopefully they stay down for good.

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

He’s an inspiration to folk out there who are utter s**** at their job and yet still collect a wage.

And I hope so, an absolute w*** club, hope they fold.

I'm sure I was seeing chat about merging them with scumdee hibernian to save money but in all honesty I don't really get what they would be bringing or what incentives it would bring