• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Orcs replacing spaghetti alphabet with snow for kicks now. What a pathetic mob they are. Of course give these neanderthals 3 stands and that’s what you get. 

Maroon Sailor

Those hunts won't be so cocky if they are told to play their next home game behind closed doors

Childish pricks

34 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Those hunts won't be so cocky if they are told to play their next home game behind closed doors

Childish pricks

More chance of me losing my virginity this Christmas

The BBC Radio Scotland commentary for Ferranti v Sevco was like Radio Clyde, or Rangers Radio if there is such a thing. Kenny Macintyre, who not only is a Sevcoheid but sounds like one, and Charlie Adam summarising and referring to Sevco as 'this football club'.

Re the protohominids pelting the Livi keeper with snowballs, I have no doubt it will be dealt with swiftly by the football authorities. As follows.

'Aye, well, we frown on that kind of thing so we are going to make an EXAMPLE of you by fining you a tiddly wee amount, a midgie-bite in comparison with the great supporating pustule of your overall debt, and, eh, see ye at the lodge on Tuesday, eh?'

Horatio Caine
5 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is anybody watching this half time cringe fest Christmas thing on pedo TV. Deary me. 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Aye but I'm not admitting to it

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

If it was Hearts fans and certainly if it was during the Vlad era a large fine would be winging its way to Gorgie. 

Looking at the table Hearts could do with a result on Thursday to stay in it. 

And Abedeen are certainly in the relegation zone positions. Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone next games then Hibs, Dundee. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Abedeen are certainly in the relegation zone positions. Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone next games then Hibs, Dundee. 

We will take nothing from Parkhead.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

We will take nothing from Parkhead.

My first game since that fateful night in fegland, i cannt wait. No idea how we will get on, will be great to see the side play.

Just now, A.JAMBO said:

My first game since that fateful night in fegland, i cannt wait. No idea how we will get on, will be great to see the side play.

We've got enough to cause them problems. That's all you can hope for. 

8 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you get the spectacle you (and I) are hoping for!

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We've got enough to cause them problems. That's all you can hope for. 

1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you get the spectacle you (and I) are hoping for!

I am going to support the side, these are unprecedented times. Hearts are capable of pulling off shock results against Celtic .

Do i expect it, no i don't. I just watched them beat the sheep.

Anyways no pulling out now and shitting my pants.

6 minutes ago, dav1e said:

We seem to do better when teams come at us , their defence  are not invincible.

Should be a good game.

It’s a big problem that we aren’t very good at breaking down teams that sit deep against us but we do well when the other team wants to play. The Dundee Utd game being a good illustration of it. 

20 hours ago, kila said:

Not Scottish football but Belenenses are playing with 9 players including two goalkeepers due to a covid outbreak. 4-0 down after 32 mins :laugh: No. 31 is the outfield goalkeeper

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/92401/Belenenses_vs_Benfica.html

PSG won 3-1 at St Ettiene and that was Scottish football according to the guy on Sky Sports News this afternoon!  I'd stick up the video clip I took on my phone if I had any idea how to!

Maroon Sailor

He'll play Boyce as the lone striker on Thursday.

He's the best at holding and slowing the play. Takes an age to pass or get a shot off so he's ideal for this match.

Салатные палочки

Not Scottish but I noticed Billy King is playing for St Patrick's in the Irish Cup final. Pat Fenlon co-commentator as well :laugh:

Edit. Anyone who compares Scotland to the Irish League obviously hasn't seen any Irish football. The quality is really not very good at all. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s a big problem that we aren’t very good at breaking down teams that sit deep against us but we do well when the other team wants to play. The Dundee Utd game being a good illustration of it. 

These are the sorts of games we lack a bit of patience and game management.

Nothing wrong with a few long balls keeping your shape and conceding possession.

We are a bit to keen to always be in possession of the ball against weaker sides who set up to stifle.

Need to be a bit braver and draw them out and if playing percentages and losing possession now and again is the best way I'd be talking to the players about it.

It's risky but can be very effective.

Arthur Morgan

I'm surprised Ross County are sitting bottom because they aren't a bad side at all, they just need to work on taking their chances I suppose. For me the team who look the worst in the league is St Johnstone, they don't play football and struggle to score goals. Wouldn't it be ironic if they get relegated this season after winning the double last season. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I'm surprised Ross County are sitting bottom because they aren't a bad side at all, they just need to work on taking their chances I suppose. For me the team who look the worst in the league is St Johnstone, they don't play football and struggle to score goals. Wouldn't it be ironic if they get relegated this season after winning the double last season. 

If your name is Alanis. 

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's the best at holding and slowing the play. Takes an age to pass or get a shot off so he's ideal for this match.

I certainly hope that isn't the case, but it's the way it's going to be. 

The only way we're going to score against them is if we hit them fast, on the break.  If we piss around up front, slowing it down, and giving them a chance to get their shape back, it will be another classic "Hearts Nil“ visit to Glasgow, which I'm quite frankly sick of.   That's if we're even able to get the ball up the park for a change

I'm not holding my breath for anything other than a skelping, especially if we go through with the sole intent of containing them.  I would much rather we went through there with more than one up front, or even something bold like a 4-3-3, and got pumped but gave it a damn good go.  Celtic and Rangers are too used to teams coming through there and shitting it. They get as much of the ball as they want, and end up having 20 odd shots before half time.

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

I certainly hope that isn't the case, but it's the way it's going to be. 

The only way we're going to score against them is if we hit them fast, on the break.  If we piss around up front, slowing it down, and giving them a chance to get their shape back, it will be another classic "Hearts Nil“ visit to Glasgow, which I'm quite frankly sick of.   That's if we're even able to get the ball up the park for a change

I'm not holding my breath for anything other than a skelping, especially if we go through with the sole intent of containing them.  I would much rather we went through there with more than one up front, or even something bold like a 4-3-3, and got pumped but gave it a damn good go.  Celtic and Rangers are too used to teams coming through there and shitting it. They get as much of the ball as they want, and end up having 20 odd shots before half time.

I fear we will get skelped too, our record through in darkheid is absolutely atrocious, no matter who the manager or players are, we always seem to be beat through there before kick off in my view, I think the last time we won there in the league was about 15 years ago! Surely due a win at some point though? We can but hope lol 😆 😅 

Fwiw I would make 3 changes for the game, would bring Cochrane, Moore and Haring in for Halliday, Smith and beni and would set up in a 3-5-2 format with McKay in behind boyce and gms as I think McKays through balls and passes could unlock celtics defence a little if he was more central. Just a thought, we will probably still get pumped 4-0 though as usual.

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I'm surprised Ross County are sitting bottom because they aren't a bad side at all, they just need to work on taking their medicine I suppose. For me the team who look the worst in the league is St Johnstone, they don't play football and struggle to score goals. Wouldn't it be ironic if they get relegated this season after winning the double last season. 

FTFY

they are particularly good at working on that issue

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The league will be separated into sections by the second round of fixtures imo. 

We're in a battle for 3rd. 

Of will be clear. 

I'll retract that if we beat both celtic and rangers, but I see nothing but a large defeat on Thurs. 

Aberdeen have Been playing better, they might string a few results together. 

Hopefully not tho. 

3/4 wins on the bounce can change things quickly. 

Hibs are lucky, that win has changed their season now. 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

These are the sorts of games we lack a bit of patience and game management.

Nothing wrong with a few long balls keeping your shape and conceding possession.

We are a bit to keen to always be in possession of the ball against weaker sides who set up to stifle.

Need to be a bit braver and draw them out and if playing percentages and losing possession now and again is the best way I'd be talking to the players about it.

It's risky but can be very effective.

Agreed. 

Now't wrong with playing the % and winning the second ball. 

Also agreed that letting them have the ball can lead to our best chances if they lose it. 

Probably find out on Thur if we can do that. 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Boyce wil play as he's our best striker. 

Gino can run but his hold up play and decision making are poor. 

Gnando is a waste of space and Woodburn too lightweight. 

Boyce will be our outlet up top. 

I'd play Gino instead of GMS for this one tho and tell him to play of Boyce. 

Celtic will play higher up the pitch and we wil get chances but we'll need to defend well and be organised, something very few like doing on here. 

This is why we are very far off winning this league. We don't win enough games and they win most of theirs. This Thursday will be one of those...did ok but fell way short nights...They are miles better and have goals from midfield...we don't..Hope I'm totally wrong hopefully

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyce wil play as he's our best striker. 

Gino can run but his hold up play and decision making are poor. 

Gnando is a waste of space and Woodburn too lightweight. 

Boyce will be our outlet up top. 

I'd play Gino instead of GMS for this one tho and tell him to play of Boyce. 

Celtic will play higher up the pitch and we wil get chances but we'll need to defend well and be organised, something very few like doing on here. 

That's hardly a ringing endorsement of his ability.

He's not sharp enough to be a top striker. Everything with him is done at a snail's pace so that's why he will be ideal for this match as I don't see Hearts having many efforts on goal but he can hold the play up - gain the odd foul and give the defence a breather.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's hardly a ringing endorsement of his ability.

He's not sharp enough to be a top striker. Everything with him is done at a snail's pace so that's why he will be ideal for this match as I don't see Hearts having many efforts on goal but he can hold the play up - gain the odd foul and give the defence a breather.

He's a good player and our best striker in years. 

I don't think anyone has said he's a "top striker" Tbh. 

He'll definitely play if fit. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

This is why we are very far off winning this league. We don't win enough games and they win most of theirs. This Thursday will be one of those...did ok but fell way short nights...They are miles better and have goals from midfield...we don't..Hope I'm totally wrong hopefully

Your not wrong. 

They are  better. 

Doesn't mean we can't beat them tho, we already have this season. 

But they've improved and are at home. 

I personally can't see beyond a skelping.