*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

You mean the vicious demeanour by pointing and saying you're bang out of order to the referee in front of the referee's colleagues, whilst only half way through the match.   I mean that's got to sting abit for anyone.   I could imagine myself sending him off.    I wasn't sure why he got a second yellow either but I think it must have been another throw away comment like useless so and so.   Or just repeated his bang out of order comment.   I couldn't hear it though.   I'm going back in for another listen.  Just for kicks. ☺ 

He was swearing at the referee constantly, that can get you a straight red. Not saying it should just that it could.

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rogue Daddy
9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

You mean the vicious demeanour by pointing and saying you're bang out of order to the referee in front of the referee's colleagues, whilst only half way through the match.   I mean that's got to sting abit for anyone.   I could imagine myself sending him off.    I wasn't sure why he got a second yellow either but I think it must have been another throw away comment like useless so and so.   Or just repeated his bang out of order comment.   I couldn't hear it though.   I'm going back in for another listen.  Just for kicks. ☺ 

Gerrard was shown two yellow cards at half-time by John Beaton, who booked Morelos for diving after a challenge by Livingston goalkeeper Max Stryjek.

But Morelos netted with three minutes left to edge Rangers closer to glory.

"It's a stonewaller," Gerrard said.

"What I can't stand for at this level is three people making the same mistake. They all had clear views of it. I could see it and I'm the furthest away.

"They all got it wrong together - I can't have that. I asked for an explanation and [Beaton] refused to speak to me. You are talking about officials at a top level of the game."

...where have we heard that before! 🤣🤣🤣

SectionDJambo

Instead of ignoring any questions from managers, if put in a coherent, non abusive way, why doesn't Beaton just reply that he gave his decision based on what he saw from where he was? 

Just ignoring managers is only going to rile them even more, resulting in the red cards shown to Neilson and Gerrard.

Having said that, Gerrard only recently bemoaned the fact that refereeing decisions were being reviewed to Rangers' disadvantage. He was pushing for referees to be allowed to do their job without being undermined by tv analysis later. 

Ultimately, if players didn't try to cheat so often, the referees would have an easier job.

John Findlay

Sevco have appealed the yellow card. I dont think the appeal will be upheld. If it is then Gerrard will get off too.

26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Sevco have appealed the yellow card. I dont think the appeal will be upheld. If it is then Gerrard will get off too.

Did you not see the goalkeeper kick Morelos 

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No.

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No.

There's no limit! 👍

22 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Reminded me of when we lived in Bathgate. Stayed at the old Academy which is above the town, we would open the windows and listen when the game kicked off. Normally heard the first sirens in the first half.

I went to primary school at the Old Academy. Was an extension of Balbardie Primary at the time. Lovely old building that I couldn’t appreciate at the time. Always remember the pillars. 

Tommy Brown

Just looked at the table and St Mirren in top 6, thought our last game of last season.

Got our act together and won, St Mirren relegated.

If your auntie had baws as the saying goes.

18 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just looked at the table and St Mirren in top 6, thought our last game of last season.

Rangers last league defeat was against Hamilton at Ibrox.

That and another win straight after saved Hamilton. 

On 04/03/2021 at 19:18, Tommy Brown said:

they have a decent manager who’s done well tbf

Footage and photos all over the place of thousands of cavemen gathered outside Ibrox just now celebrating their title. The police watching them and politely twiddling their thumbs so far. 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Footage and photos all over the place of thousands of cavemen gathered outside Ibrox just now celebrating their title. The police watching them and politely twiddling their thumbs so far. 

Unbelievable what is going on.

The police standing around doing nothing.

No social distancing, no masks.

And I bet no action taken by anyone including the government.

Should get the batons and horses on them. Media slapping their backs but never mention the cheats run at a 15m a year loss. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

But they can't officially win it until tomorrow if Celtic don't win v Dundee United

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Wow. If anyone thought bigotry was fading In Scotland just look at social media. Even some folk that I thought were fair minded etc. Since rangers match it's just bigoted bile  🤮🤮🤮

Malinga the Swinga

Should cost Scotland the Euro games in Summer. Football, especially in Glasgow, can't be trusted and therefore SG must decline to host. 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Should cost Scotland the Euro games in Summer. Football, especially in Glasgow, can't be trusted and therefore SG must decline to host. 

The SG will do nothing just see previous football related rule breaks for evidence.

sweep sweep nothing to see here

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The SG can get tae...

TyphoonJambo

Absolutely nothing will happen. Maybe some bluster but nothing substantial. 

SectionDJambo

I wonder what Maxwell, Petrie and their chums at the SFA are thinking about first Celtic fans, then Rangers fans blowing a big hole in the argument that Scottish football fans can be trusted inside grounds again before the pandemic had been completely eradicated.

Much angst, from the SFA, and insisting to the SG that they must allow fans back in for the Euro ties at Hampden, then this happens.

I also wonder what “executive powers” they would have concocted to punish a club like Hearts or Aberdeen if their fans did the same? I exclude Hibs from the possibility of punishment as their fans would only be guilty of over exuberance.
Imagine had we won the cup in December and had some fans standing outside Tynecastle. There’s no chance Hearts wouldn’t have faced some punishment. 
The police get sent in to break up house parties and large gatherings of people at music events, but stand still and let this go on in the open. 

If we had won the cup do you think all would have been quiet in Gorgie ?

Not a chance and like it or not the celebrations are exactly what you would see/expect at any ground in Scotland should their team win the Scottish Premiership

It was the same when Liverpool won the English title

You may not like the fact that they have won the league (and for the pedantics out there they have) but to attack the fans/club for something all would do is just wrong.............it was not as if it was a protest after all

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If we had won the cup do you think all would have been quiet in Gorgie ?

Not a chance and like it or not the celebrations are exactly what you would see/expect at any ground in Scotland should their team win the Scottish Premiership

It was the same when Liverpool won the English title

You may not like the fact that they have won the league (and for the pedantics out there they have) but to attack the fans/club for something all would do is just wrong.............it was not as if it was a protest after all

Spot on. We’d all be in Gorgie having a ball. 

And quite frankly time to move on from covid. The vulnerable are vaccinated, let’s get on with our lives. 

No way are people seriously having a go at Rangers fans celebrating, when we win the championship we will be doing the exact same thing, 

SRB etc TJ will be leading the party up in Gorgie and when we win the championship, we'll sing this song all night, oh Neilson's fecking magic he wears a magic hat 🎩 😁

Folk demanding to get back into football games, same folk crying cause a few thousand go down to Ibrox. 

As others had said, time to move on from the faux outrage stemming from jealously. 

Telford_jambo123

people moaning about fans outside ibrox 😂 wonder if they will be moaning when our fans are outside tynie in a month and a bit time celebrating the title? no didn’t think so

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Absolutely nothing will happen. Maybe some bluster but nothing substantial. 

The precedents have been set with the celtc fans rioting and trying to lynch their team and the BLM marches that turned into virtual riots where nothing was done.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

What? People are thinking of going to Tynecastle? To celebrate?

Maybe two will be 😁

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

The precedents have been set with the celtc fans rioting and trying to lynch their team and the BLM marches that turned into virtual riots where nothing was done.

There were a large number of arrests after the BLM marches. 

Aren’t the privileges given to footballers (not wearing masks and no social distancing) only supposed to be at training and during the 90 mins? I don’t think getting pished and fannying about in the changing rooms at Ibrox was part of it. 

Now this doesn’t bother me in the slightest but I bet wee Nic will have took notice. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe two will be 😁

You won't be either of them, built like a pencil hiding behind a keyboard with the cahonies to call other posters "pussy".

Oh the irony!

😀😀😀

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

You won't be either of them, built like a pencil hiding behind a keyboard with the cahonies to call other posters "pussy".

Oh the irony!

😀😀😀

Sorry, who are you?