*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

37 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Both Livi and St Mirren serving up a decent game of football here. Both teams attacking and giving 100%. 
Much  better outfits than us at this current time!!

Do you think livi will finish above hibs this season?  I hope so. 

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sopping pants everywhere ,  SRB.

I don't know why we all bother.

We just shouldn’t Jonno , hand back the season tickets , sell Tynie to Tesco so they can outdo Sainsburys , give our title of team with the best derby record anywhere ever in the history of football (this may not be accurate but FTH) and retire to Uruguay to be told you so by Lieson

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rarely do both teams that I want to win manage to do so, some record Martingdale has 😜

Martindale is what we wanted cathro to be! 😭😭

Earky days, but sone job he's doing. 

Bazzas right boot

Forget Liverpool, arsenal, barca, Milan... Having grew up in Livingston, they are officially my big team now. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Do you think livi will finish above hibs this season?  I hope so. 

The way the 2 are playing, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Hibs seem to be gradually going backwards. Watched them on at least half a dozen occasions this season and apart from Celtic away the other week, they've not impressed me one bit.

Jack Ross must be on borrowed time surely, what with the money he's spent. Livi on the other hand look terrific. Watched them a few times lately and been very impressed with them. Not many teams could make 7 changes against Celtic and come away with something. :lol: 

Livi will be a very interesting team to watch over the next season or so.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Cracks beginning to show in Dross

Very tetchy - anybody would think cup favourites Hibs got humped in a semi final

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

The way the 2 are playing, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Hibs seem to be gradually going backwards. Watched them on at least half a dozen occasions this season and apart from Celtic away the other week, they've not impressed me one bit.

Jack Ross must be on borrowed time surely, what with the money he's spent. Livi on the other hand look terrific. Watched them a few times lately and been very impressed with them. Not many teams could make 7 changes against Celtic and come away with something. :lol: 

But you cannae say that mate unless you're slagging Hearts at the same time. World according to Hoyle 👍

Edited by Riccarton3

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

But you cannae say that mate unless you're slagging Hearts at the same time. World according to Hoyle 👍

You can say what you want bud. Both teams today served up a cracking game and both sets of players gave 100%. Good to watch. 

15 minutes ago, Locky said:

I think livi will finish above them.  They are getting the credit they deserve and that is inspiring them to keep going.   Hibs?  Well it is January...  

11 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

You can say what you want bud. Both teams today served up a cracking game and both sets of players gave 100%. Good to watch. 

But you've got to add your wee dig. What you've said above is not all you said. ****, we can all see these teams have application and desire. It's admirable. 

2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Certainly looks a useful player. I always liked him further forward. Scottish cup semi in 2012 sticks out. If I remember correctly Robbie didn't really fancy him though.

Robbie's track record of players he "fancies" is questionable, at best. As was Levein's.    I'd love to see Robinson back at Hearts, the way he's playing at Livi, but we'd probably ruin him by asking him to play a completely different role.   🙄

Any chance someone could analyse how Martindale's methods and tactics work ?       Seriously, the guy's doing something we can only dream about.

Edited by Lone Striker

20 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I think livi will finish above them.  They are getting the credit they deserve and that is inspiring them to keep going.   Hibs?  Well it is January...  

Hibs are lucky to be as high up in the league. They carried their luck in the first 10 games or so, benefitting from some favourable decisons

Just now, Candy said:

Hibs are lucky to be as high up in the league. They carried their luck in the first 10 games or so, benefitting from some favourable decisons

It's the same every season.  As soon as managers work out the new 'Hibs Way' it's back to hibsing it.   It's actually an annual event now.   Beautiful 

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Robbie's track record of players he "fancies" is questionable, at best. As was Levein's.    I'd love to see Robinson back at Hearts, the way he's playing at Livi, but we'd probably ruin him by asking him to play a completely different role.   🙄

Any chance someone could analyse how Martindale's methods and tactics work ?       Seriously, the guy's doing something we can only dream about.

Think someone else replied to me saying that Robinson fancied himselfs a cm and we wanted him to stay forward. Which is now correct. Robinson certainty fits the smaller striker role Robbie was taking about in the papers a few weeks back. I would agree with your comments on levein. Robbie not so much doesn't fancy some but definitely has his favourites.

As for Martindale, from the outside looking in it looks simple, just get in opponent's faces and get the ball in the box as soon as possible. Don't over commit and be strong at the back. Something I wish hearts could do.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Doing a great job. Next Hearts manager perhaps...

I was thinking about that, can’t see Celtic or Hibs being interested as his team doesn’t play like Brazil.
The guys they pick up and get the best out of is amazing, made Halkett look like a player for instance. I can’t see him being there long if they keep this form up. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

🤭  would surely be one of the lowest attendances ever 

They could socially distance quite easily too 😜

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, sadj said:

Im guessing Livi won , forgot it was on 🙈 They’ve certainly gone strength to strength since Martindale stopped having a middle man. Hes got them flying. Also good to here Draws getting himself upset and angry. Def trying to win celtic over 🤣

Yes indeed, as Tom English said Jack Dross only got annoyed when the journo rightly asked if was his tactics “ I’ve explained clearly it was the players fault” who bought or picked 😆😂

7 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Think someone else replied to me saying that Robinson fancied himselfs a cm and we wanted him to stay forward. Which is now correct. Robinson certainty fits the smaller striker role Robbie was taking about in the papers a few weeks back. I would agree with your comments on levein. Robbie not so much doesn't fancy some but definitely has his favourites.

As for Martindale, from the outside looking in it looks simple, just get in opponent's faces and get the ball in the box as soon as possible. Don't over commit and be strong at the back. Something I wish hearts could do.

Work hard for each other and hes had a few years instilling the same thought process and tactics into the team. Paying off big time now

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

That’s all you can ask for, not being good enough is a different thing. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was thinking about that, can’t see Celtic or Hibs being interested as his team doesn’t play like Brazil.
The guys they pick up and get the best out of is amazing, made Halkett look like a player for instance. I can’t see him being there long if they keep this form up. 

Isnt he woven into the fabric of the club. Not in a place he can be sacked if that ever needed to be done or poached?

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would still take rabid Hibee, (?)Kerr, whilst we're on the Perth rabble.

But his contract ain't up until 2022. Always found him impressive.

I think we enquired about him last year maybe the year before...When did the boy Kennedy go to Aberdeen. Sure it was that window. 

St Johnstone do ok with youths , their position is suitable for a lot of younger players opportunities not afforded at the OF , Hearts , Hibs or Aberdeen , likewise Motherwell and Hamilton add in that there is. not the same pressure on them. They all have decent track records at least inside footie as far as Im aware

Edited by sadj

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Martindale is what we wanted cathro to be! 😭😭

Earky days, but sone job he's doing. 

They made 7 changes and were disappointed with a draw against Celtic, now another good win today. 
Here’s hoping they keep it going, and get 3rd. 

8 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Cheers. 👍    Not sure if it's possible to prove it, but I'd imagine that their success also depends on copious amounts of constant  movement by every midfield and forward player to give options to the guy with the ball.   Pretty much the opposite of our slow build-from-the-back possession stuff. 🙄

beingumably

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think we enquired about him last year maybe the year before...When did the boy Kennedy go to Aberdeen. Sure it was that window. 

St Johnstone do ok with youths , their position is suitable for a lot of younger players opportunities not afforded at the OF , Hearts , Hibs or Aberdeen , likewise Motherwell and Hamilton add in that there is. not the same pressure on them. They all have decent track records at least inside footie as far as Im aware

Apart from Gerry Crainie who is a headcase apparently, Davidson will bring more through than Wright too I think. Kerr definitely one to look out for this time next year. 

Berra than you
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Work hard for each other and hes had a few years instilling the same thought process and tactics into the team. Paying off big time now

Absolutely.

Berra than you
15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Cheers. 👍    Not sure if it's possible to prove it, but I'd imagine that their success also depends on copious amounts of constant  movement by every midfield and forward player to give options to the guy with the ball.   Pretty much the opposite of our slow build-from-the-back possession stuff. 🙄

beingumably

Yeah I'd imagine so. Given they often go long for that to work the striker needs support. The possession based stuff is a strange one. At its absolute best it's great to watch and can be impossible to defend. At its worst it is a God awful watch and the easiest thing to defend. Unfortunately for hearts, we see more of the latter.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They made 7 changes and were disappointed with a draw against Celtic, now another good win today. 
Here’s hoping they keep it going, and get 3rd. 

👍

Pasquale for King

Hope we get them again in this years SC semi 😆🤞

Edited by Pasquale for King
Triple post

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree with everyone that Livi will overtake Hibs by May, 5th with that budget is extremely poor 😆🤣

..... but still better than our last 2 seasons with an even bigger budget.  🙄

On 23/01/2021 at 18:53, neilnunb said:

Hiya Joe 👋

Never was any good at predictions mate, had 2-2 and Liverpool on pens anaw 

Great to see United struggling for cash and being p**sed off with us and Dundee receiving £500K off government. It really going to unravel up there shortly. I think they may need a few more sponsored walks by the sound of this article.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1914535/dundee-united-tony-asghar-scottish-government-mark-ogren-season/

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't know if anyone seen this from a few days ago, but we could do with a few more pieces on dungcaster....

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/alan-pattullo-clock-ticking-celtic-supremo-and-spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-must-be-borrowed-time-too-3110456

Absolutely.  A great article and at last a journo who has the balls to call out these two rouges.  Tick tok, tick tok........ 

Unless he has significant personal reasons, Frimpong being allowed to leave Celtic is a serious sign of problems. 

No longer the great draw. 

Dundee game off, again.   Frozen pitch!   This time. :facepalm:

Means our game will be the main game on sportsound.   Unless they decide to talk shite. 

"The SPFL will want to get the game rescheduled as soon as possible to avoid any fixture backlogs. A week tonight could be an option, as Ayr are due to face Hearts a week on Friday."

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/dundee-vs-ayr-united-postponed-for-a-second-time-pitch-fails-inspection/

Edited by HMFC01

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unless he has significant personal reasons, Frimpong being allowed to leave Celtic is a serious sign of problems. 

I noticed with the sale of the ex Dundee boy there was a big thing about them making 1.75m or something. Now this one, 'robust' offer. Sounds like they've been as active as the buying club. Helping the sale along. Could be wrong but I hope they are really feeling the squeeze.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also interesting that Lennon casually dropped in that other players had asked about leaving earlier in the season as well.  

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

sinking ship .  Bolting away from a shambles. Lapping it up here 👍🇱🇻

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

RIP 

Years ahead of his time in the British game. I remember he was ridiculed for trying to change and monitor players diets at Villa. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, jim747 said:

Was he not the stroke of genius that took Larsson to Sellick? For a measly 650 grand (ish).

That was Wim Jansen, wasn't it? He signed Moravcik, though.