*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm not sure Rangers are actually offering to buy Wright. His contract expires in less than 5 months. Wright has been consistently declining to sign a new one. Rangers can get him on a pre-contract. For nothing.

Yeah seems to be Aberdeen pushing for a bit of cash now.  Would never have entertained that previously, does not go down well with their mob

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I would also say we have consistently seen another 'level' the sheep appear incapable of rising above. That level is QR3 in Europe. Now their fans claim part of the reason is that they're unlucky in the draw. That Rangers are very lucky. That's nonsense.

For example the round beyond QR3 is the play off round. Victory there gets you into the group stage. This year Rangers defeated Galatasaray in the play off round to make the groups.

That's a lucky draw? Gimme a break. Anybody think the sheep and their 'hoofball' would have conquered Galatasaray?.

Whether they or anybody else in Scotland likes it or not in Scottish terms and even in Europa league group stage terms Rangers are a very good side indeed.

They beat Galatasaray because they were good enough and topped their group because they were good enough. There can be no logical argument against that.

Now as for Hearts everyone has to accept that in Scotland the chances of dislodging the OF from the top two spots except maybe on rare occasions are remote. A 3rd place finish is the celling for everyone else.

But getting back to the sheep and their failure in Europe that may in part be down to how they grind out those 3rd and 4th place finishes. By simply deploying big heifers and playing their 'hoofball' up to the big heifer Cosgrove game.

But that's patently not getting them anywhere in Europe. In Europe they face non Scottish referees who wont tolerate their constant fouling to prevent football breaking out. The strategy they play week in week out falls apart.

Now Europe is the only avenue for any Scottish club including the OF to make any real money. The OF are coining in tens of millions there. That has to be the target for Hearts too. A euro qualification or even two in succession could cement Hearts as far and away the 3rd force in Scotland.

But I feel real football will have to be played to have any chance of achieving that. The sheep model isn't the way to go. The OF model is.

Don't think so much they are hoofball as power play. The most physical team in the country without doubt. They like to win it get it wide quickly and throw balls into the box. 

He always seems to have strong central midfield and forwards and quick wide men. Hayes Kennedy Wright McLennan loads of people who can come from wide,  Main Cosgrove,  Ferguson McCrorie to win it.

Fair play it works against enough teams to be where they are, less likely to succeed against teams comfortable in possession 

34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah seems to be Aberdeen pushing for a bit of cash now.  Would never have entertained that previously, does not go down well with their mob

We stuff the sheep regularly. 🤭

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

We stuff the sheep regularly. 🤭

Tbf, it's very much a home e/away thing. 

We are shite in Aberdeen. 

They are shite at Tynecastle. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, it's very much a home e/away thing. 

We are shite in Aberdeen. 

They are shite at Tynecastle. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't think so much they are hoofball as power play. The most physical team in the country without doubt. They like to win it get it wide quickly and throw balls into the box. 

He always seems to have strong central midfield and forwards and quick wide men. Hayes Kennedy Wright McLennan loads of people who can come from wide,  Main Cosgrove,  Ferguson McCrorie to win it.

Fair play it works against enough teams to be where they are, less likely to succeed against teams comfortable in possession 

And on the point of McInnes who their fans abuse on a shocking level despite his record in giving them a stream of top 4 finishes they deserve to lose him. Then hire this imaginary new man to take them to "the next level"

Chances are fairly good that level could be back to where they were before McInnes came in. A 9th place finish.

They were playing more attractive football in his earlier seasons but in those seasons they had a number of far better quality players. Ryan Jack being just one of them.

But as time passed these players moved on as they were always likely to. Why would Jack stay at Aberdeen on the reported 2K a week or so he was earning there when he could go to Rangers and end up on the 20K a week I have seen reported.

He can earn as much at Rangers in a single season than in an entire career at Aberdeen. Yet he too gets truly vile abuse for taking that chance to improve the current and future lifestyle of his family.

A chance every one of these Neanderthals would themselves jump at given the opportunity. He's made his family financially secure for life long after football.

While McInnes has simply very professionally adopted another strategy within their resources to maintain top 4 finishes which as I have mentioned is their celling whether they think so or not. Not a pretty strategy but effective certainly in Scotland.

To me they're far and away the most odious support in the league. They deserve to lose McInnes and be brought down to earth with a mighty crash when no matter who they replace him with delivers nothing better and may deliver a lot worse.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

And on the point of McInnes who their fans abuse on a shocking level despite his record in giving them a stream of top 4 finishes they deserve to lose him. Then hire this imaginary new man to take them to "the next level"

Chances are fairly good that level could be back to where they were before McInnes came in. A 9th place finish.

They were playing more attractive football in his earlier seasons but in those seasons they had a number of far better quality players. Ryan Jack being just one of them.

But as time passed these players moved on as they were always likely to. Why would Jack stay at Aberdeen on the reported 2K a week or so he was earning there when he could go to Rangers and end up on the 20K a week I have seen reported.

He can earn as much at Rangers in a single season than in an entire career at Aberdeen. Yet he too gets truly vile abuse for taking that chance to improve the current and future lifestyle of his family.

A chance every one of these Neanderthals would themselves jump at given the opportunity. He's made his family financially secure for life long after football.

While McInnes has simply very professionally adopted another strategy within their resources to maintain top 4 finishes which as I have mentioned is their celling whether they think so or not. Not a pretty strategy but effective certainly in Scotland.

To me they're far and away the most odious support in the league. They deserve to lose McInnes and be brought down to earth with a mighty crash when no matter who they replace him with delivers nothing better and may deliver a lot worse.

Think I have found someone who dislikes them more than me :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Didn't think that the pitch looked that bad.

Surprised that there is no tractor or roller as in cricket to clear water. 

Joke of a League,  United undersoil heating,  Livingston twice and Celtic. 

SPFL......not a peep

So we have a pitch that is supposed to have an all weather element built into it and RAIN stops play

What with them having to move the weekend game because of possible frost I don't really want to hear much about those types of pitches being the future for us all

They do not supply a surface close enough to grass to have confidence that matches are not skewed because of the surface and clearly they offer little other than allowing more people to play on them more often

Oh and clearing the pitch truly would take a few minutes with any type of machine such as an equivalent to that used in ice rinks

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

They just said on the news it has been delayed due to heavy rain.

Neil McCann said earlier the pitch looked fine.

Strange one.

There were some puddles, but when rolling the ball I wonder whether McLean took into account it's the slowest surface in the country anyhow 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There were some puddles, but when rolling the ball I wonder whether McLean took into account it's the slowest surface in the country anyhow 

Looking on BBC Website, it mentioned the ball was not bouncing when ref was testing it. Strange because these pitches are more like playing with a rubber superball (over 60's only will know what I mean!!) & trying to gauge the bounce to control the ball is probably the most difficult skill required.

Only thing bouncing was the rain by the sounds of things being reported.

Another reason to ban these pitches from top level football in this country, despite the additional income that can be generated!

Another farce to be added to Donkey's "To Do List"

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Looking on BBC Website, it mentioned the ball was not bouncing when ref was testing it. Strange because these pitches are more like playing with a rubber superball (over 60's only will know what I mean!!) & trying to gauge the bounce to control the ball is probably the most difficult skill required.

Only thing bouncing was the rain by the sounds of things being reported.

Another reason to ban these pitches from top level football in this country, despite the additional income that can be generated!

Another farce to be added to Donkey's "To Do List"

Well,  when you bounce it from waist height,  it's not likely to bounce very high. 

The testing was a bit rudimentary in truth, don't think McLean fancied it myself 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well,  when you bounce it from waist height,  it's not likely to bounce very high. 

The testing was a bit rudimentary in truth, don't think McLean fancied it myself 

:biggrin2:

In liewells logic this will be another thing to add to the list of things that make celtic the worst affected  institution in this pandemic 

willie wallace
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

When they were first in the top league Livi's pitch was reckoned to be the best in Scotland.

Something to do with how open the stadium is.

WoolfordsHearts
44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Livingston's all weather pitch is pretty good.  It's only any use in good weather.  

Take the Dandies up to the ash park in Craigshill and they'd know all about it.👊

32 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

When they were first in the top league Livi's pitch was reckoned to be the best in Scotland.

Something to do with how open the stadium is.

The best all weather pitch is at Falkirk...by a mile

Has there been excessive rain today? Based in Edinburgh and not seen near enough rain to make me be concerned about a match being postponed

5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Has there been excessive rain today? Based in Edinburgh and not seen near enough rain to make me be concerned about a match being postponed

Plastic pitch so probably not enough of the rain being absorbed or diverted 

Why do they call them "All Weather" pitches when they are unplayable if it is too cold and also unplayable if it is too wet?

The SPL also have 25% of the League with these. Kilmarnock, Livingston, and Hamilton.

15 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Why do they call them "All Weather" pitches when they are unplayable if it is too cold and also unplayable if it is too wet?

The SPL also have 25% of the League with these. Kilmarnock, Livingston, and Hamilton.

Those pitches are a major reason those clubs survive in the SPL. They are awful. 

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Those pitches are a major reason those clubs survive in the SPL. They are awful. 

The Livi one is particularly bad. Even when it’s perfect conditions you can notice the ball bounces on it completely differently from grass 

The Livi plastic is shockingly bad and indisputably gives them an advantage. Now playing at home is supposed to give all teams an edge. But is it typical to see a team win only twice away from home the entire campaign while only losing twice at home?

And those two losses were to Rangers and the sheep while Livi at home beat the reigning champions Celtic once and drew with them. There are also teams who wont even select certain key players on that pitch due to the injury risk.

20 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The Livi plastic is shockingly bad and indisputably gives them an advantage. Now playing at home is supposed to give all teams an edge. But is it typical to see a team win only twice away from home the entire campaign while only losing twice at home?

And those two losses were to Rangers and the sheep while Livi at home beat the reigning champions Celtic once and drew with them. There are also teams who wont even select certain key players on that pitch due to the injury risk.

They beat high flying hibs easily at Easter Road on Saturday mind you. However, I agree and would ban plastic pitches from the Premiership if I was Peter Lawell or Doncaster   ie in charge of the spfl.

Maroon Sailor
16 hours ago, 7628mm said:

They need to go altogether- especially for top flight clubs

23 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Paul lambert is saying that the Premier League should be suspended, I wonder why?

And what’s it got to do with him ?  Absolutely hee-haw.

Another cretinous ex Celt putting their oar in because they have managed to embarrass themselves in their 10iar campaign 🤣🤣🤣 They are Rangers bitches and should just accept it

17 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I don't think they are called "All Weather Pitches", that is just what fans/pundits call them.

I think they are known know as 'multi use surfaces'.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That first half was diabolical. Shergar and Jonathon Sutherland with his sex pest hat on doesn’t help either. 

Was having a wee giggle when I saw that wee creep in that hat. 🤣

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Was having a wee giggle when I saw that wee creep in that hat. 🤣

It’s not even on straight. 😂. Wee weirdo that guy.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That first half was diabolical. Shergar and Jonathon Sutherland with his sex pest hat on doesn’t help either. 

Quite enjoyed the Dunfermline chairman stopping him in his tracks and saying realistically we will win the league but they need to compete best they can. His brain just seemed to stop and not be able to process what to say next

Commentators are a laugh tho... Dunno the guy's name (the one who isn't Billy Dodds) "first attack of the season" "last time we saw Dunfermline away from home v Hearts at East End Park" 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Quite enjoyed the Dunfermline chairman stopping him in his tracks and saying realistically we will win the league but they need to compete best they can. His brain just seemed to stop and not be able to process what to say next

Noticed that. Felt a bit uncomfortable to watch. Like he suddenly forgot what he was doing. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Missed that, decided picking up my dogs leavings was a better use of my time 💩💩

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Commentators are a laugh tho... Dunno the guy's name (the one who isn't Billy Dodds) "first attack of the season" "last time we saw Dunfermline away from home v Hearts at East End Park" 🤦‍♂️

Idiots. The bbc might not pay much compared to sky or BT but surely they can do better than the folk they have for championship games. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Idiots. The bbc might not pay much compared to sky or BT but surely they can do better than the folk they have for championship games. 

I'd happily make a **** of it for half their wages.