*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Michael Stewart defending the Mhank trip to Dubai. Sort of.

Pat Bonner ripping into Celtic.

The world has gone mad.

yep. Bonner was actually great ( imagine that’s the first and last time I will ever say that). And I’m still not sure what Stewart was wittering about.

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which bright spark painted the lines red at Hampden last night?

Proportionately 4 of the teams - officials would have red, green colour defficiency and like me couldn't make them out.

I asked my wife if she could see the white lines 'No but the red ones are clear....'

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Michael Stewart defending the Mhank trip to Dubai. Sort of.

Pat Bonner ripping into Celtic.

The world has gone mad.

Doesn’t Stewart do some work for Celtic tv now?

That might explain things 

John Findlay

Dundee United v St Johnstone league game at Tannadice postponed due to frozen pitch.

Dundee United claim undersoil heating was on.

Fifty yards up the road, Dundee against Bonnyrigg Rose Scottish Cup game goes ahead.

Obviously Dundee have a far superior undersoil heating system than their next door neighbour.

57 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yes. Bonner was spot on. Stewart dug a hole for himself and seemed to contradict himself. To try and justify it by saying it worked before and they needed to do it again because of the pressure put on by Rangers was my take on it. 

Baffling.

I think Stewart was trying to claim he was putting forward Celtic,s thinking on the trip and not what he himself thought.

Just sounded like he was trying to weasel out as usual.

50 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dundee United v St Johnstone league game at Tannadice postponed due to frozen pitch.

Fifty yards up the road, Dundee against Bonnyrigg Rose Scottish Cup game goes ahead.

Obviously Dundee have a far superior undersoil heating system than their next door neighbour.

That's on page 1 of the Hibs fan pamphlet of hollow, mindless boasts. Somewhere between floodlights and Bukta.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Obviously Dundee have a far superior undersoil heating system than their next door neighbour.

Maybe should have got there fans to do another walk to raise more 50p's for the meter

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Madden being his usual incompetent self.

Dearie me, nowhere near a penalty.

23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That decision is absolutely laughable, he must be having bets on the side or something.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Dundee don't need to switch theirs on as a non top league team, although I'd assume it would be expected of them with game on TV.

Partick Thistle have USH and their SC tie off due to Firhill pitch being frozen.

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yes. Bonner was spot on. Stewart dug a hole for himself and seemed to contradict himself. To try and justify it by saying it worked before and they needed to do it again because of the pressure put on by Rangers was my take on it. 

Baffling.

Isn't Stewart up the Celtic hoop ?

Just now, Tott said:

and there 1 up.

Jaysus - if you thought the Madden penalty in the St Midden-Motherwell game (I think) was soft, wait until you see this one!

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Bonnyrigg already causing more problems to the Dundee tramps than we did the whole game.

Except this is not true.

Footballfirst
Just now, Boof said:

Jaysus - if you thought the Madden penalty in the St Midden-Motherwell game (I think) was soft, wait until you see this one!

Agreed. It was a shocker.

However, for the non SPFL sides in the cup today all of them opened the scoring but Tranent, Linlithgow and Kelty all lost.  Can Bonnyrigg make it through? It remains a difficult ask. 

1 minute ago, euan 10 said:

Is that currie who used to play for us 

Don't think so. Lee Currie was at Hibs I'm sure.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

No. It was Rory Currie who played for us.  We were linked with Lee Currie at one point though.

Johnny Stewart did play for us though.  George Hunter also played as a trialist for the U20s in a pre season friendly against Haddington a few years ago. He scored a couple of goals that day IIRC.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Locky said:

Have to say, I'm rather disappointed at the lack of :yas: after that goal.

I hope Bonnyrigg win - absolutely 

...... but unfortunately Bonnyrigg are showing more than we did vs them 

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Its Dundee,not fussed if the boy was fouled on the halfway line,far less inside the box 🙂

Says more about Dundee really. I expect them to recover and win  but they have obviously thought they would stroll it where as against us they were right up for it from minute 1. Like we should have been. 

2 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Must win league game for Dundee versus us.

The question is more about why Dundee can't play the same every game. Which suggests they are not good enough. 

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Again, not true

Some folk are properly special.

’Bonnyrigg already causing Dundee more problems than we did’

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

How many times have we matched the old firm one week only to lose to shite like Hamilton or St Mirren the next.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Must win league game for Dundee versus us.

The question is more about why Dundee can't play the same every game. Which suggests they are not good enough. 

We've got same problem however but in opposite, seem to start very slow in games where teams don't sit in. Haven't started playing football until 2 0 down against Dundee Dunfermline and Celtic.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

someone needs to launch an investigation into him. There’s something completely dishonest about him and that decision is beyond dodgy. Something must be going on

Footballfirst
Just now, neilnunb said:

Who the hell is the blond haired Bonnyrigg player? Looks like he ate Charlie Adam!

Kieran McGachie. He came through the Motherwell youth system, although I think he stays in Edinburgh.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

someone needs to launch an investigation into him. There’s something completely dishonest about him and that decision is beyond dodgy. Something must be going on

Maybe the referees are trying to get VAR introduced.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Kieran McGachie. He came through the Motherwell youth system, although I think he stays in Edinburgh.

👍😁 

Btw did Bonnyrigg score from the pen or was it saved and then knocked in? BBC just showing it as a goal.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

👍😁 

Btw did Bonnyrigg score from the pen or was it saved and then knocked in? BBC just showing it as a goal.

Scored the pen. Well.taken.

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Some folk are properly special.

’Bonnyrigg already causing Dundee more problems than we did’

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

How many times have we matched the old firm one week only to lose to shite like Hamilton or St Mirren the next.

Well, Bonnyrigg missed a sitter, scored a penalty and upto 35 mins their keeper hadn't a save to make. They looked comfortable.

Maroon Sailor

Gary Locke will be happy with that HT score

Edited by Maroon Sailor

WorldChampions1902

The ref will be made aware at HT that he has given Bonnyrigg a non-penalty. I fully expect him to award a soft one to Dundee in the second half to even things up.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I wonder if he is related to late union leader Mick?

Gorgie Boot boy

Interesting half time, the Rose may get another,

Uncle Fester will hopefully get sent off for being a prick.

Preston Jambo
22 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

He played in a friendly for us against Dinamo Bucuresti in 2014 at Leigh (came close to scoring with a free kick).