*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

This post should receive a sticky on the front page , be sent daily to our Aberdonian interloper and a gold star for you Mr D 👌🏻 

I’ve never had a gold star before , I’m fair chuffed 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Only just realised Hibs hibs’d it yesterday 🤣

It’s such a common occurrence it’s easy to miss one out 😂

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I don’t think he’d have got them to where slippy’s got them to at present . 

For the time mcinnes has had ,his team is piss poor . I dare say I’ll be told but they’ve been in the top 4 for a long time , but so they bloody well should’ve been given that Hearts, hibs and rangers weren’t competing against them for a few seasons . Over rated manager , vastly over rated team ( dirty *******s at that ) and a set of supporters that wouldn’t be out of place in a shitehoose. 

I'm pretty sure he would have been punted long before this TBH. Surprised that the sheep have persisted with McInnes for so long given that the sheep fans generally hate him. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Well not exactly full stop. There was a couple of side notes that had to be discussed.

OK, but I'm quite sure AB would not have given those side notes a second thought if it had a chance of being voted through, and I think nobody on here either.

3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I'm pretty sure he would have been punted long before this TBH. Surprised that the sheep have persisted with McInnes for so long given that the sheep fans generally hate him. 

He was probably given a hefty new contract to stop him going to Rangers so it would be expensive to get rid of him. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes, a TV show. 

Obviously the humour and sarcasm was lost on you. 

i-just-want-play-football-c9dffdbbb98196a37c07dd3b3a9852a6.jpg

Er, well obviously. 😏

So, it was in fact entirely irrelevant to anything that had been discussed up to that point?   😄

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He was probably given a hefty new contract to stop him going to Rangers so it would be expensive to get rid of him. 

I believe he was (given a new contract to keep him). I'm just completely mystified as to why. They may be an objectionable shower up there but IMO their club has more potential than what he has been able to realise for them so far. I thought Dave Cormack was ambitious but keeping McInnes doesn't bear that out.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Rangers are a cracking side. 

Hosing teams right left and centre domestically and in Europe. 

Gerrard deserves credit and I like him Tbh. 

Still financially doped cheating *******s as an institution tho and anyone thinking they cared about us during the covid reconstruction talks needs a kick in the clackerbag. 

Behave. They're no more financially doped than the current Hearts set up - which spends millions it doesn't have on a stand it can't afford, for starters. The Rangers board have consistently converted their debt/soft loans  to shares and Hearts have a very rich benefactor - end result is the same : 2 clubs spending money they don't have thanks to rich benefactors. 

If you're going to accuse another club of "financial doping " then you should  take a good look at how Hearts have been bailed out of the shit for the last 4 years. 

alwaysthereinspirit
14 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

OK, but I'm quite sure AB would not have given those side notes a second thought if it had a chance of being voted through, and I think nobody on here either.

Scottish football is weak enough without the two @$$ cheeks taking more of the little talent available. Pretending they’ll have a chance to progress through the ranks to the big team. All the while starting players from all over the world while paying them 20 times what the rest of us can afford. No thanks from me to the Newco/Celtic Colts.

OF Colts are not done to help anyone in Scottish football but themselves.

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Scottish football is weak enough without the two @$$ cheeks taking more of the little talent available. Pretending they’ll have a chance to progress through the ranks to the big team. All the while starting players from all over the world while paying them 20 times what the rest of us can afford. No thanks from me to the Newco/Celtic Colts.

OF Colts are not done to help anyone in Scottish football but themselves.

Well, obviously not saying the colts proposal should be on the wish list of top ten things to ever happen but it would have been largely overlooked for most if it had been the means to keep Hearts in the top division.

Would AB have voted against?

Would you?

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Behave. They're no more financially doped than the current Hearts set up - which spends millions it doesn't have on a stand it can't afford, for starters. The Rangers board have consistently converted their debt/soft loans  to shares and Hearts have a very rich benefactor - end result is the same : 2 clubs spending money they don't have thanks to rich benefactors. 

If you're going to accuse another club of "financial doping " then you should  take a good look at how Hearts have been bailed out of the shit for the last 4 years. 

Did our last accounts not show a profit?

Rangers have shown losses every year since thier re birth. 

Comparing loans/ finance to build a major capital project v building a squad every season to chase a dream is the same thing right enough. 

What a load of shite in an attempt to defend rangers overspending and cheating ( again). 

A very emotional and decent effort at defending them tho, fair enough. 

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Well, obviously not saying the colts proposal should be on the wish list of top ten things to ever happen but it would have been largely overlooked for most if it had been the means to keep Hearts in the top division.

Would AB have voted against?

Would you?

I’d have been against it.

But then I’d also have been against demoting a team during a world pandemic.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Er, well obviously. 😏

So, it was in fact entirely irrelevant to anything that had been discussed up to that point?   😄

It wasn't irrelevant, folk posting that rangers are some kind of ally to Hearts and were helping us during the covid shite and they are some kid of good guy, or friend- a football friend if you will. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Did our last accounts not show a profit?

Rangers have shown losses every year since thier re birth. 

Comparing loans/ finance to build a major capital project v building a squad every season to chase a dream is the same thing right enough. 

What a load of shite in an attempt to defend rangers overspending and cheating ( again). 

A very emotional and decent effort at defending them tho, fair enough. 

I didn't defend Rangers - I simply compared their over spending with Hearts overspending : it's the same thing.  Two clubs spending revenues they don't generate - and  you're dressing one up as capital spend against player purchase as if it makes any difference.

Rangers main shareholders wrote their debt off as required and Hearts have done exactly the same through James Anderson. 

Very emotional... 😆

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It wasn't irrelevant, folk posting that rangers are some kind of ally to Hearts and were helping us during the covid shite and they are some kid of good guy, or friend- a football friend if you will. 

😄😀  So, nobody actually said "football friends" or even suggested that they were football friends? 👍

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't defend Rangers - I simply compared their over spending with Hearts overspending : it's the same thing.  Two clubs spending revenues they don't generate - and  you're dressing one up as capital spend against player purchase as if it makes any difference.

Rangers main shareholders wrote their debt off as required and Hearts have done exactly the same through James Anderson. 

Very emotional... 😆

It was a staunch defence of rangers financial situation. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

😄😀  So, nobody actually said "football friends" or even suggested that they were football friends? 👍

No I did. 

:wtfvlad:

30 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’d have been against it.

But then I’d also have been against demoting a team during a world pandemic.

Yeah, I take your second point for sure.

But would you have voted against sevco's colt proposal if voting for it had saved Hearts (& thistle and stranraer)?

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was a staunch defence of rangers financial situation. 

It was not a "staunch" anything so ditch the deliberately emotional language and debate the simple point : Hearts overspend just like Rangers do or stop embarrassing yourself. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

It was not a "staunch" anything so ditch the deliberately emotional language and debate the simple point : Hearts overspend just like Rangers do or stop embarrassing yourself. 

Compare the last 5 years of Hearts yearly accounts and rangers last 5 years and you'll find out who's embarrassing themselves over defending rangers finances and comparing them to ourselves. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Compare the last 5 years of Hearts yearly accounts and rangers last 5 years and you'll find out who's embarrassing themselves over defending rangers finances and comparing them to ourselves. 

Once again : I'm not defending Rangers finances. I couldn't care less what they spend or how they finance it. But for some reason you're really touchy about the idea that Hearts excess spending is somehow comparable to Rangers. You throw deliberately  inflammatory language around and attack me as defending Rangers - just because I compare THEIR overspending with Hearts ? 

In simple terms - you have no issue with Hearts spending money they don't have while accuse Rangers of "financial doping". 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Once again : I'm not defending Rangers finances. I couldn't care less what they spend or how they finance it. But for some reason you're really touchy about the idea that Hearts excess spending is somehow comparable to Rangers. You throw deliberately  inflammatory language around and attack me as defending Rangers - just because I compare THEIR overspending with Hearts ? 

In simple terms - you have no issue with Hearts spending money they don't have while accuse Rangers of "financial doping". 

Have our last 5 years accounts shown a loss? 

Our finances are not the same. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Have our last 5 years accounts shown a loss? 

Our finances are not the same. 

Do you want to go back to the main point : Hearts overspend, Rangers overspend. You're OK with one but not the other ? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Do you want to go back to the main point : Hearts overspend, Rangers overspend. You're OK with one but not the other ? 

Another thread required. 

Hearts have not overspent if they do not show a loss, rangers are overspending if theirs do show a loss. 

I believe they have shown a loss every year since they were formed, big ones. 

I am not OK with a football cub built on a success with continued losses  while others live within their means. 

I view that as a form of  cheating. 

They cheated before, they are cheating now and rangers accounts and financial situation is no where near ours. Different in many ways. 

For example Taking on finance to build a major  project such as a stand  is also a different matter, every business and indeed most individuals would need to raise capital for this. 

Rangers are financially doped cheating *******s, but tbf to Gérrard they are a good side. 

alwaysthereinspirit
59 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Yeah, I take your second point for sure.

But would you have voted against sevco's colt proposal if voting for it had saved Hearts (& thistle and stranraer)?

Me personally? Yes.

I don’t even remember if it ever got to an actual vote.

Normally I wouldn't care who wins the league but I have to make an exception for this season.  We had to sit and suffer during the summer as Celtic instigated calling the league and then rigging a vote between member clubs.  Celtic only cared about themselves and we were the ones that had to take the hit for the global pandemic.  They got the tainted title and time to prepare for the Champions League qualifiers.  It was absolutely delightful seeing them schooled by the the Hungarian champions and losing the £m's that went with it.  It's now even funnier seeing them well behind Rangers in the title race and embarrassing themselves even further in the Europa League.  I really hope that fat odious prick Lawell is hurting like hell right now along with their manky fans.  And hopefully it only gets worse for them as Rangers pull further clear in the title race.  

Take your medicine Celtic.

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Me personally? Yes.

I don’t even remember if it ever got to an actual vote.

TBH I dont remember either. Most probably the DOncaster/Lawwell faction blocked it at some point.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Normally I wouldn't care who wins the league but I have to make an exception for this season.  We had to sit and suffer during the summer as Celtic instigated calling the league and then rigging a vote between member clubs.  Celtic only cared about themselves and we were the ones that had to take the hit for the global pandemic.  They got the tainted title and time to prepare for the Champions League qualifiers.  It was absolutely delightful seeing them schooled by the the Hungarian champions and losing the £m's that went with it.  It's now even funnier seeing them well behind Rangers in the title race and embarrassing themselves even further in the Europa League.  I really hope that fat odious prick Lawell is hurting like hell right now along with their manky fans.  And hopefully it only gets worse for them as Rangers pull further clear in the title race.  

👍 Spot on!

11 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

:JJ: 

15 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You haven't suggested anything anywhere that could somehow be construed as a suggestion that Rangers and Hearts are "football friends" by any chance have you?

Just wondering...  😄

We get to see Rangers blow an 11 point lead, or Celtic failing to achieve 10 IAR.

Either outcome works for me, so I'll be loving whatever happens with these mobs, come end of the season.

59 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers smoking this league is very :pleasing:

Hopefully Lemon can cling on to his job until Christmas. 

Lennon will get to the cup final, may be his last game as manager. If the players want rid of him it could well be in our favour!

How anyone can slag Mcinnes as a manager is beyond belief. They are always the best of the rest which what we should be. Has to rebuild most years and still gets 3rd. He should have won a trophy or two but at least he gets to semis and finals.

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

How anyone can slag Mcinnes as a manager is beyond belief. They are always the best of the rest which what we should be. Has to rebuild most years and still gets 3rd. He should have won a trophy or two but at least he gets to semis and finals.

McInnes has achieved great consistency.

Just that level above like Celtic in Cup semi, they seem to really struggle with. A clue as to their strength being their weakness. That way they play of being very solid v weaker teams can get blown away by quality. 

Can't have any pleasure at either half of the Old Squirm winning anything. Scottish football (at the top level, anyway) is not only corrupt, but blimming boring in its predictability, since it is run by and for the Irish Club and the British Club.

Yes, thinking of how a British Club win in the league would go down with Lennon and Phake Phil Mac Gollywobbles and many other Irish CLub-supporting charmers gives a brief frisson of pleasure, but when I think of the hundreds of thousands of barely-evolved mouth-breathing overbites throughout Scotland and beyond who will go daft if their club wins in only its ninth year....

Well, it's not pleasant.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

McInnes has achieved great consistency.

Just that level above like Celtic in Cup semi, they seem to really struggle with. A clue as to their strength being their weakness. That way they play of being very solid v weaker teams can get blown away by quality. 

Yet the sheep hate him with a vengeance.

Would you take him as manager knowing he'd maybe get you the odd semi final but habitually get pumped 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or even 9-0 by the cheeks?

42 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Hamilton stands look exactly like they did before covid  sid.png.38be2fa3f26ec4eb54de25a9ff4fa9e6.png

I actually think they have more cardboard cut out fans in the main stand than they usually have live fans 😳 

Just now, Weebroon98 said:

I actually think they have more cardboard cut out fans in the main stand than they usually have live fans 😳 

😁

willie wallace

St.Mirren,Killie and St.Johnstone managers all in attendance at Hamilton.

Is it really necessary.I know they are tested regularly but 2 out of the three clubs are currently under investigation for breaking the rules.