*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

A good manager will be able to nullify the threat of Boyle. We have a good manager again.

We have a defensive manager again. 

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Fast is something you can’t teach. You can get quicker with practice but natural pace plus a bit of ability is what all the best players have. 
Not going overboard with the wee hibs rat here but he’s decent. Imo obviously. 

No doubting he’s a good player for them right now. Totally reliant on his pace though. Thing is he will start losing that in the next couple of years. When he doesn’t have that blistering pace he won’t even be a half decent player and will be worth exactly he-haw. Ivan Sproule comes to mind 

avhudtheteeshirt

Did anyone else notice the challenge for Aberdeen's red card, yes Considine showed his studs to get the ball, but Arfield came into the same challenge with 2 feet?

Never seen 2 players red carded for the same challenge before, but this could and probably should have been!!!

Ref's still blinkered when it comes to the Uglies!!!!

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Did anyone else notice the challenge for Aberdeen's red card, yes Considine showed his studs to get the ball, but Arfield came into the same challenge with 2 feet?

Never seen 2 players red carded for the same challenge before, but this could and probably should have been!!!

Ah well, shame for the sheep then 😁

This is the Scottish Football 81% we’re happy to stand alongside. The football of protecting two clubs above all else. Unethical and downright corrupt. 

And it’s not our problem anymore so I won’t be bleating on Aberdeen’s behalf 🤷‍♂️

Why anyone bothers with radio and tv coverage is beyond me. I don't give either the time of day. Amateur and boring all round. 

2 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Yes! Thought that at the time. If Consadine was smarter he'd have pulled up and let Arfield take the red.

Craig Herbertson

Won't be watching any of it. I stopped watching the EPL because of the ridiculous money and now I can't watch our own league because it just sickens me. I will go to Hearts home games to meet my pals. As for the rest if it I would rather watch my son play fives.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

We have a defensive manager again. 

Could have sworn we scored a shed load of goals in his first couple of seasons, then suffered for a period between when Sow left and Jonsson started scoring.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Could have sworn we scored a shed load of goals in his first couple of seasons, then suffered for a period between when Sow left and Jonsson started scoring.

Be great if we do again. 

Last week was my final Sports sound, Saturday night even allowing for time difference I will not watch Sportscene either unless we win the cup!

Edited by Turkishcap

Well once more the wonderful Celtic fans break all the rules with flags, flares, smoke bombs etc on the team route to Celtic Park..shock horror the Glasgow police fail to stop it 

Every time they get away with it

maroonlegions

Nothing changing with Scot Brown then, squaring up to Hamilton players acting the hard man and shouting in Collums face.Hate that ****.

Surprise surprise, blue nosed Bobby and Celtic Willie get their respective teams openers. 

Red card for Aberdeen that could have seen a Rangers red, too and Celtic score from a free-kick (albeit 80 yards from Hamilton’s goal) that looked the other way to me when Julien climbed over the Hamilton player. 
Wish I’d bet corners on this one. 
edit: and goals!

Edited by Shaggy2

Class of 75
13 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Goal Hamilton.

🤣🤣That is not part of the script. Celtic unveiling their tauinted title and playing against a team of hastily scaped together wee laddies. No acknowledgement of financial desparity there though, but will complain when they play in Europe. Absolute joke of a league. 

Салатные палочки
31 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Hamilton actually lined up and clapped septic onto the pitch, absolutely embarrassing

Welcome to Scottish football. 

Sky have Martin O'Neil and John Hartson today, McCoist and Boyd yesterday.  I wonder who they will have for tomorrow night's game?

Edited by Tasavallan

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

They don’t even try to hide the bias now. Turning into a premier sports set up for old firm tv

I think I had more notifications from Sky Sports Scotland about septic today than from all games yesterday combined. Embarrassing!

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Hamilton actually lined up and clapped septic onto the pitch, absolutely embarrassing

what a joke that is. 

Fight now to see who wins out of Celtic and Juventus to bag 10 in a row first.

Bayern Munich coming up close on 8 in a row.

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me

5 hours ago, Sertse said:

Vile. They didn't even win it ffs. 

Celtic only 3 points clear of Hamilton who are in last place.  This could end up closer that we all thought.

A real nailbiter for the title.

buzzbomb1958
24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Celtic only 3 points clear of Hamilton who are in last place.  This could end up closer that we all thought.

A real nailbiter for the title.

Cellick will win the title by 20pts this will be the most boring season of them all,sevco not got a pot to piss in even if they do sell bulldog puss can't stop them,great advert for Scottish football

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

Nelly Terraces

Turned on radio 5 yesterday & the Sheep v Sevco game was on. Listened to roughly 30 seconds before turning off. Was TV channel hopping earlier & lingered for 10 seconds on Sportscene before moving on.

That's it for me for this season. Less than 1 minute. Genuinely have zero interest & actually hate every single aspect of football here. It's just utterly shite & cringey on every level. 

27 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Cellick will win the title by 20pts this will be the most boring season of them all,sevco not got a pot to piss in even if they do sell bulldog puss can't stop them,great advert for Scottish football

I seriously hope you're right.  Given that there isn't a dog's chance of the league being competitive, I'd like to see Celtic get 30 in a row.  Surely even they would acknowledge the set up is just a fiasco.

buzzbomb1958
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I seriously hope you're right.  Given that there isn't a dog's chance of the league being competitive, I'd like to see Celtic get 30 in a row.  Surely even they would acknowledge the set up is just a fiasco.

The weirdest thing is that sevco think they are relevant ,the point being the are in that much debt that the biggest transfer they will probably receive is already spoken for,between close bros,Mike Ashley and deferred wages there head is still underwater ,with what the SPFL have done by taking the 3rd largest team and expelling them that league is now a farce ,and I would love to see how the deal with a second wave God forbid ,I'm just gonna sit and watch the whole debacle fall to pieces

Only Scottish football I seen this weekend was a Twitter post with The Midden player kicking off and the rest all bending the knee. ******* Tinpot, just surreal.... Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

manaliveits105

Aw hubz only top for a day but they will be delighted their big team are on top whilst they begin the inevitable slip to their bottom six rightful place

FTH

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Aw hubz only top for a day but they will be delighted their big team are on top whilst they begin the inevitable slip to their bottom six rightful place

FTH

Another first for the vermin. First team to be just a second wave pandemic short of winning the league.

doctor jambo

Well that is the league over for another season, with it being decided before the lower three tiers even kick a ball.

Yawnfest.

Perhaps we should stay in the championship?

manaliveits105

strange how the press bum up the vermin in all these games that they cling on for a single goal win with dodgy decisions or being outplayed second half’s like Killie - it’s all about small positives for the leith samba stars - if it was us the headlines would be Hearts just cling on

or Hearts squeeze over the line
FT Scotsman FTEEN FTWeegia 

The mighty Ross Co v Well tonight ; two teams I wouldn't normally be arsed cross the road to watch but I'll likely tune in in the hope Well turn them over. And I bloody hate Motherwell. 

JamboGraham
54 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

One game in to the season and BBC Scotland making no apologies for debating who will finish third.

They know it, we know it...our game is broken. 5 matches played, just the 223 to go and it’s all over. The title will come down to 4 matches and the odd sprinkling of complacency when Celtic and Rangers play any of the “rest”. Once all that inconvenience is out of the way Celtic get the trophy.

“Scottish Premiership: Who will win the race for third place?”

“The identity - if not the order - of the Scottish Premiership's top two this season might be pretty cut and dried, but the race for the final European spot is wide open.”

8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

They know it, we know it...our game is broken. 5 matches played, just the 223 to go and it’s all over. The title will come down to 4 matches and the odd sprinkling of complacency when Celtic and Rangers play any of the “rest”. Once all that inconvenience is out of the way Celtic get the trophy.

“Scottish Premiership: Who will win the race for third place?”

“The identity - if not the order - of the Scottish Premiership's top two this season might be pretty cut and dried, but the race for the final European spot is wide open ...because the rest are complete shite.”

Fixed it for  them. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

12 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Only Scottish football I seen this weekend was a Twitter post with The Midden player kicking off and the rest all bending the knee. ******* Tinpot, just surreal.... Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

Whether people agree with it or not, just about every football match in the World has been doing this for the best part of a month, if not longer.

I absolutely don't understand how those St Mirren players could possibly think the game was just going to start as normal.  Do they not even discuss it before the match, was there no instructions from the referee? Have they not seen any highlights or watched any football from literally any other league?  Why did half of their team do it, and not those kicking off?

It just looked an utter shambles, and sums up the fact that Scottish football runs inside it's own wee bubble, with their heads planted firmly up their own arses :vrface: 

Edited by tian447

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Whether people agree with it or not, just about every football match in the World has been doing this for the best part of a month, if not longer.

I absolutely don't understand how those St Mirren players could possibly think the game was just going to start as normal.  Do they not even discuss it before the match, was there no instructions from the referee? Have they not seen any highlights or watched any football from literally any other league?  Why did half of their team do it, and not those kicking off?

It just looked an utter shambles, and sums up the fact that Scottish football runs inside it's own wee bubble, with their heads planted firmly up their own arses :vrface: 

In the meantime , StMirren fans are outraged that the BBC is using an out of date club badge. 

It's all about priorities, I suppose.

I'm actually glad we don't have to get involved in what is nothing more than a Celtic 9 1\2 in a row circus.  It's like the Ashes, who actually gives a toss apart from the two teams involved.  Boring.  

SectionDJambo
7 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

One game in to the season and BBC Scotland making no apologies for debating who will finish third.

It's pathetic, isn't it. Instead of asking how this boring chain of predictability can be broken, they are celebrating it as if it is something for Scottish football to be proud of. They should hand out a trophy for being 3rd, if it is so commendable.

All the Scottish sports press, and the SFA and SPFL, are interested in, is which of Celtic and Rangers will lord it over the minnions, who cower meekly, with subservience to their masters, in the hope of a scrap of loose change now and then.

ToadKiller Dog
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Probably more people in watching this game tonight than normally attend games between these two.

Certainly the canned atmosphere is louder than these players would normally hear