*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

I honestly have no idea who's playing or when. Was there a game tonight- or first one tomorrow? Hope they all lose

this

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm all for the scab chat for going to Dens and people telling me not to attend away games, but anyone calling someone a traitor and an arsehole for watching something on their tele is an arsehole themselves.

Correct, although ‘scab’ isn’t great I can understand the anger. Being a traitor/arsehole for watching a game on telly, that’s just fuddery 

Rick Sanchez
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well that didn't take long to get a bite.....

Surprised it was you, Rick, who I have a lot of time for.

Sorry mate, I'll be revelling in every bad decision that goes against anyone who wronged us. If Hearts were playing, I wouldn't be watching any early game. But I have nothing else to do today!

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well that didn't take long to get a bite.....

Surprised it was you, Rick, who I have a lot of time for.

Ah so now your not being blunt, you’re just joking. Comedy genius or arsehole ? I’ll away and have a think about it.

The only thing the BBCs promotion of "football being back" does for me is keep the embers of my seethe going. And how quickly we became yesterdays news. 

Don't bother with any teams other than Scotland and Hearts. And that will continue. The coverage isn't great anyway, but if it's on, I'll no go all nuts and kill all my family. I'll leave it on or turn it over. 

As for it being on on the same day as the FA up final. Who cares! No, who gies a feck? 

gashauskis9

Darren Fletcher on Sky Sports saying that it’s a good opportunity for the Scottish game to be showcased for a couple of weeks on TV while the EPL pauses.  Says he’s been screaming out for this for years...

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR YOU THICK *****!!!

Werner Herzog

Yeah I'm taking a break from scottish football until October. The whole 'the football's back' mantra, whilst understandable for most, still winds me up given everything that has happened these past 4 months. I'll keep an eye on the scores, but I certainly wont be watching any matches or listening to sportsound this season (unless hearts are involved). The BEEB's plan for sportscene looks a bit rubbish too (Stewart was their only good pundit for analysis & he's been punted it seems). And the things I have a lot of love for (off the ball, the terrace) I can't really bring myself to listen to at the moment. 

In terms of who I want to see do well / badly. I'd like to see Livi keep the good times rolling & I still have a soft spot for accies. I'd relish a Ross County relegation just so 'take your medicine' can go viral on Twitter. And anything bad happening to the Midden / st johnstone will raise a smile too.

But aye, all on hold til October for me.

I hope the refereeing is up to its usual standard just to highlight how shambolic it is for the half dozen viewers who'll be tuning in. 

I wont, absolutely zero interest at all.

12 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I really thought I had no interest in any of this, but now it's here there are a few clubs I'd love to see lose as often as possible.

Who do you most want to see get humped this weekend?

I never had any real interest for the last few years and less so now given recent events. 

I'll tune in hoping today hoping to  see the Sheep get battered and hopefully Sevco keeping the pressure on Celtic for the entire season (however long that turns out to be) but I couldn't care less about the rest. I genuinely think I have never cared less, not even in the black days of the 70s when Hearts were absolute pony. 

Hopefully 3 or 4 clubs in a relegation battle, all shitting themselves that the league could be called at any time and facing the prospect of getting booted into the Championship. 

10 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Darren Fletcher on Sky Sports saying that it’s a good opportunity for the Scottish game to be showcased for a couple of weeks on TV while the EPL pauses.  Says he’s been screaming out for this for years...

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR YOU THICK *****!!!

McCoist + Boyd.  Sky's commit,ent to unbiased commentry.  RG + WM on Sportsound.

manaliveits105

signed up for Hearts TV there - William Hill  and here is where I will take my football updates  - FTBBC 

12 minutes ago, hunts said:

Hope St Mirren get relegated, failing that County will do.

Depends which set of rules apply at the time, might not be any relegation or promotion!

I honestly couldn’t care less.  If it wasn’t for being a lifelong Hearts fan I wouldn’t  watch another game of Scottish football again.  If the league is suspended again and a lot of these clubs go bust then so be it.  

You wouldn't have thought it was today eh. Barely advertised. 

Another feather in Doncasters cap for being an utterly useless reprehensible piece of shit. 

P.S handing money over to Sky is the same in my eyes as propping up and supporting the SPFL and that is something I can’t do.  

Hearts have always meant the world to me.  I didn’t think I could love my club more than I did but apparently I could because if anything this whole shambles has done it is exactly that.  Any money I spend on football will one way or another be going directly to Hearts.  

I do take an interest in the premiership down south but only as a lover of the game and don’t support any other club but Hearts.  

ToadKiller Dog

I'm positive the two week window of exposure will be just whats needed to get massive league sponsors into our game .

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

P.S handing money over to Sky is the same in my eyes as propping up and supporting the SPFL and that is something I can’t do.  

Hearts have always meant the world to me.  I didn’t think I could love my club more than I did but apparently I could because if anything this whole shambles has done it is exactly that.  Any money I spend on football will one way or another be going directly to Hearts.  

I do take an interest in the premiership down south but only as a lover of the game and don’t support any other club but Hearts.  

Exactly good post. 

tartofmidlothian

The following winners this weekend would be a good start.

Rangers

St Johnstone

Killie

Livingston

Motherwell

Celtic and Hamilton draw

3 hours ago, martoon said:

I hope today's a non health/life threatening calamity: missing or faulty test kits, suspect temperature readings...😁

That’s a certainty, but depending on which game it is and the final result it will only be ‘discovered’ around Monday evening... Doncaster will then state the clubs will learn from mistakes.....

25 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I'm positive the two week window of exposure will be just whats needed to get massive league sponsors into our game .

Tena Pants would be a good sponsor for the Premiership.

A used pair of them is exactly what the league is full of.....

Feels like some people are trying too hard to tell everyone how much they don’t care. 

Its very much got that 15 year old dumped by his first GF vibe. 

Just now, ShedBoy said:

First 10 mins I’m not sure the sheep have touched the ball 🤷🏻‍♂️

They haven’t been on the ball but seem to have contained Rangers pretty well. There are defo just gonna set up to be hard to beat. 

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

They haven’t been on the ball but seem to have contained Rangers pretty well. There are defo just gonna set up to be hard to beat. 

Yep, nothing of note so far. Aberdeen struggling to get a decent spell of possession 

ToadKiller Dog

Dumb question can the clubs who have the facilities, show the game on TV to people within the stadium corporate bars and restaurants while the game is live outside ?.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mrs watching with her Sheep top on, just quietly mocking the whole experience. 

Them 5 white mannies in the Merkland a few flags and canned crowds,  its utter shite. 

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Can't believe we got relegated out of a league that Ash Taylor plays in. 

Only two people to blame for us being at the bottom of the league. Doncaster and Scumdee relegated us.