Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Papa

• 1971fozzy

• Tennant's  6's

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I find I disagree vehemently with all the folk on here pretending to be Hearts fans.

It’s easy to assume that people who you don’t agree with aren’t hearts fans. There’s a lot of people who fall into that trap. People are arseholes and assuming that all hearts fans are immune to this is naive. 

I enjoy, most of the time, reading other people’s point of view. It’s what makes this forum entertaining.

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

A digression.

I just had PayPal asking me to update/complete my profile by supplying my cell number. Now I have been going through them for years for my FOH contributions and have never been asked for this before.

Anyone think it might be dodgy?

If they provided you with a web link, try the link on a different platform and take it from there. I had a text message which l thought was from paypal saying they've suspended my account and provided a link. I used the link on my tablet but nothing happened so it turned out to be a lot of pish.

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

All outstanding invoices for the main stand were due to be paid by end December 2019 with a business case to be signed off for the final fit out of the whole 2nd floor which was to be in the region of £1.6m.

Per AB at AGM on 17th (ish) December 2019.

cheers for the info. 

Been paying 20 a month since day 1, have missed the days when I was supposed to attend Tynecastle and receive certificates or whatever due to work  and family commitments . I know I should probably make more of an effort to at least get there but I'll happily give my dough til day I drop. This club given me undoubtedly some of the best moments of my life, and some of the not so good but its least I can do. 

Now please get a decent team on that ****in Park!! 

Longer term this revenue has to be invested so that it too generates more funds. I assume mr Anderson can don't us a decent fund

tartofmidlothian
6 hours ago, Zico said:

Best ****ing fans in the world. ****ed over by the ***** running our game and still standing up to be counted.

The money I save from the away games I’ll no longer go to, Scotland games I’ll no longer go to, sky sports subscription I’ve cancelled, Nutmeg magazine I’ve cancelled etc will all be going to FoH. 

Only Hearts. 

What's Nutmeg done?

1 hour ago, Bringitbak said:

Been paying 20 a month since day 1, have missed the days when I was supposed to attend Tynecastle and receive certificates or whatever due to work  and family commitments . I know I should probably make more of an effort to at least get there but I'll happily give my dough til day I drop. This club given me undoubtedly some of the best moments of my life, and some of the not so good but its least I can do. 

Now please get a decent team on that ****in Park!! 

What you are doing is probably more important than folk sticking in more than they have budgeted. Also, I’m the same. I’ve missed the two rewards after the plot ceremony.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Longer term this revenue has to be invested so that it too generates more funds. I assume mr Anderson can don't us a decent fund

I'd like to invest a portion every season - 200-400K - into a "GIRUY Fund" where we buy a good player other teams can't afford, even if we don't really need him at the time, purely as a GIRUY and because we can.

19 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

What's Nutmeg done?

Writing about Scottish football (very well). Which I used to be a big advocate of but now have zero interest in. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

If there's a good time to be investing, these days are it

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Just an astounding figure given the times we find ourselves in

Indeed. We can argue around whether the funds have been, or will be, spent well but when it comes to the crunch a hell of a lot Hearts fans won’t stand back and run the risk of watching their club die. 

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

If they provided you with a web link, try the link on a different platform and take it from there. I had a text message which l thought was from paypal saying they've suspended my account and provided a link. I used the link on my tablet but nothing happened so it turned out to be a lot of pish.

Thanks to you and the other respondents.

Going to leave it as is. They did supply a link to their site but since I've gotten by without them having a number up to now ......

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, Zico said:

Writing about Scottish football (very well). Which I used to be a big advocate of but now have zero interest in. 

I get you now. Thought they'd said something about us, that's all.

Captain Lithuania

This kind of stuff makes me so proud to be a Jambo. Well done everyone for rallying round the team. 

We will NEVER lie down. 

£150k!!! Absolutely amazing. Very very proud to be part of it! 
I hope we can have our stand etc paid this season so the £150k a month can be used on an assault on the scabs in the SPL next season!! 

Ive maybe missed it but how much in comparison to our 8500 pledgers and £150k a month does ABERDNA pay towards the sheep?  

Today would have been the start of the season and with us being home when it eventually starts and getting 14 home, 13 away, it is highly likely we would have been away.

Chucked in equivalent of an away ticket, plus one off same again.

We need to strike a balance between using funds now for football versus investments/assets that will generate funds longer term. 

Borders Jambo
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. We can argue around whether the funds have been, or will be, spent well but when it comes to the crunch a hell of a lot Hearts fans won’t stand back and run the risk of watching their club die. 

Great post and in these times of fake news and malicious rubbish, this is fact (which nobody can deny).

Brick Tamland
15 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

What's more, these two plodders (not exactly on a par with the Jarrow Marchers, let's face it) were given heaps of air-time on 'Off The Ball' and were lauded for their efforts. Makes ya wonder, eh?

It does doesn’t it! 
I wonder why they treat us with such disdain, it makes me think that all the punters have caught their bursds being pumped by Hearts fans...I know at least one of them has 😇

Worthing Jambo
7 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Going to leave it as is. They did supply a link to their site but since I've gotten by without them having a number up to now ......

Might be worth looking at their website.

It may be they want your mobile number to send activation codes to when you carry out a transaction.

I have that now with a credit card and work sign ins.

Diadora Van Basten
20 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Frightening, the hand we’ve been dealt is enough to put you off football all together as well 

To be honest if we had accepted relegation I probably wouldn’t have been back.

I think the clubs decision to stand up and take on the SPFL has United the fans and made me eager to renew my season ticket.

Well done everyone that’s an EXTRA £12,000 on what we pulled together last month .

our fans don’t do walking away. 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Tynecastlesmychurch
20 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Tremendous. Me and my wife are expecting twin boys in October. They are becoming pledgers today. 

Congrats buddy! 

3 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

It does doesn’t it! 
I wonder why they treat us with such disdain, it makes me think that all the punters have caught their bursds being pumped by Hearts fans...I know at least one of them has 😇

A few had doings of the GORGIE Agro back in the day as well...........

I see a few on here have decided to cancel their Sky subscriptions and direct the money to FOH instead, which is a great idea.

I don't currently subscribe to Sky, but I am paying a hefty amount to Virgin Media each month.  When I look at what I'm paying for, it's a Full House TV bundle with over 200 channels, about 90% of which I've never watched in my life, and most of the channels I do watch are free to air anyway.  I've also got a broadband speed that far exceeds anything I realistically need.

So I'm going to get in touch and give them a chance to retain my custom.  Either they downgrade me to the basic bundle, and charge me same as they would a new customer, or I'm leaving completely.  If they agree to this, I'd save £51 a month, it's uncanny!  If they don't, I'll cancel with them and take out a broadband / line rental only deal with Plusnet or Now Broadband, where I would save up to £66 per month.  That would give me plenty cash to play with if I decided to pay for another TV service (I already subscribe to Amazon Prime anyway) and still leave a nice wedge to bump up my FOH pledge.

I'm reading ian Murray's book which arrived yesterday.  People who react negatively to Ann Budge or the FoH really need to read it first.

What an enthralling story.  I had no idea that FoH kicked off 18 years ago through two Jambo visionaries.

It all makes you very proud.  Was delighted that JKB has received several honourable mentions so far.

will-i-am-a-jambo
19 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

No worries, always a good idea to be cautious about these things. Hope it works out ok for you.

TyphoonJambo
8 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

No worries, always a good idea to be cautious about these things. Hope it works out ok for you.

On 31/07/2020 at 21:48, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

These are phishin scams, paypal ones are all over the place at the moment. Ignore them. 

Biffa Bacon

I always find it interesting that these threads have most contributors with paid member or the wee green donate logo, not so many with random generic names or single digit post counts. Just saying.

23 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I always find it interesting that these threads have most contributors with paid member or the wee green donate logo, not so many with random generic names or single digit post counts. Just saying.

Generally less shitehousing too. 🤔

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 17:55, Zen Jambo said:

I’ll admit it I only pay £10 a month.

However, I did keep paying when my job was at risk, then I wasn’t paid for 8 weeks due to cash flow problems and then when I was unemployed due to liquidation for 4 weeks (due to the then Notts County owner/prick). Nearly 3 months in total. 

Now that I’m in a much better place, I’m looking to up my monthly DD. 

May even do a one off ‘cider payment’ on Sunday if Harrogate beat Notts! £51? 

Hearts fans. Love ‘em. 

:robboyas:

Well done, you still contributed when the chips were down for you …..  That`s what Hearts supporters do .