This season. .. Prediction

hueyview

joondalupjambo

Runners up in the Championship and win the play offs in that league and then play Hibs in two leg play off for Premiership place.  We horse them 5-1 at home and 5-1 away.  We go up and Hibs get relegated.

What a dream.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Busby8

• Jamhammer

• jambopilms

• Leveins Battalion

5 hours ago, hueyview said:

I see Rangers stopping 10 in a row...  Celts coming second...  Hibs mid table

Hearts ahead 12 points by Christmas

Please god, when we get the jab.....  Grounds filling up by Easter..🙄

I was irked by the lovefest for Hibs on Off the ball this past week. The pundits on OTB believe Hibs will finish third or potentially challenge for second spot. This is based on their 3 new signings, Nisbett, Gogic and Wright. Nisbett isn't proven in the Scottish Premiership, Gogic had one decent season with Hamilton and Wright is certainly not a world beater. None of those three would start for Aberdeen nor Motherwell. They wouldn't even make it into Aberdeens squad yet they are currently being touted to finish above both Motherwell and Aberdeen. Bizarre. Of course I'm biased however I do believe that Hibs receive coverage bias which is always positive. They haven't finished above Aberdeen in 10 years yet they are expected to romp third spot this season. They finished in the bottom 6 this season. Truly hope Aberdeen, Motherwell and Livingston finish above them once more.

Edited by Gorillajam
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I think we are now approaching the stage where no fans will be in grounds until a vaccine is found.

It's becoming clear that the virus is only suppressed via lockdown and as soon you allow activities beyond a certain point the virus starts to return

Letting families travel abroad and opening schools will ultimately increase infections.  I cannot see grounds opening to spectators until next year.  A serious spike come winter can be expected.

Sadly, a lot of young people are irresponsible and assume they can mingle without getting infected.

Captain Canada

I certainly hope we can tie up the title as early as possible. Most teams in the Championship should be at a similar level to each other and drop a lot of points, like they do most seasons. 

On the face of it, we have the best squad by a mile, but that doesn't always translate into results. Every other team will be more concerned with costs and surviving rather than investing heavily for a title challenge. 

I predict we'll go up and win two Scottish Cups and the League Cup. Might as well be optimistic! 

See if Covid ****s up the season, do we have any recourse if they attempt to block promotions?

Seeing as they can apparently decide to just end the season early and its deemed legal irrespective of the impact to the affected clubs. 

Aside from HMFC strolling the Championship and RRFC getting relegated , hopefully in front of their own fans in the final game : I really hope that Sevco get off to a flying start and stay level with Celtic for the foreseeable future - the idea of  fixture postponements in a very congested season (Euro 21 ?) and the thought of Doncaster trying to find a way to settle the season that sees him not getting his house burned down is quite appealing. 

The prospect of any club chairman telling one of the OF to "take your medicine" ...

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Teams come to Tynecastle, pack the defence to frustrate Hearts and try and hit on the break.   

Uche gets no breaks from the refs.

Once more, Robbie trains his teams to  play with 10 men . . or less.

Forgot about the 10 man comment. Maybe Robbie needs to get that out there again in the media. ‘Expecting some strange decisions, we’ll see how Referees deal with Hearts. Expecting to keep the compliance officer busy etc, etc’

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

See if Covid ****s up the season, do we have any recourse if they attempt to block promotions?

Seeing as they can apparently decide to just end the season early and its deemed legal irrespective of the impact to the affected clubs. 

Ooh if they block promotion because of covid and we're top of the league whether we've played 7 games or 27, that shit will be going to the supreme feckin Court because they've already set their own precedent by promoting Dundee Utd. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ooh if they block promotion because of covid and we're top of the league whether we've played 7 games or 27, that shit will be going to the supreme feckin Court because they've already set their own precedent by promoting Dundee Utd. 

100& this. 

They set the precedent and they know it - and I'm sure it's the prospect of the OF going neck & neck this season threat prompted the power grab  by the SPFL Board. 

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

The beauty is it is not up to the corrupt fools at the SFA/SPFL but the government.

A precedent has been set. Let’s ave it

I'm of the opinion that Hearts will not be wanting the leagues cancelled anyway.

As much as I don't want that heap of Barry White to win anything, I'd rather we came right back up again.

Cancellation is likely to mean 2 years in the championship.

Edited by Busby8

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

100& this. 

They set the precedent and they know it - and I'm sure it's the prospect of the OF going neck & neck this season threat prompted the power grab  by the SPFL Board. 

Seem to remember that there was a specific percentage of games that needed to be played for ending the league early to become reality.

This is where a 27 game may ironically benefit us. 

8 hours ago, hueyview said:

Us winning the league and Caley Jags to beat Hibs in the playoffs.

letsalldothebeattie

Celtic get 10 in a row at a canter. Genuinely can’t see Rangers getting anywhere near them especially if Morelos leaves. 

St Mirren to finish bottom of the pile in the Premiership. 

Bold one this but Hearts to win the Championship unbeaten

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Despite the way these shysters played last season we have a far better squad in a far weaker league than we did last time.

I want us to beat the goals record in this shorter season.

I hope he identifies very quickly who is hungry and who is going through the motions. The latter, no matter who they are, surely no longer have a place at Tynecastle. I think we’ll see hungry young players replacing shysters as we go along. A very different Hearts team the next time we play in the Premier. I’ve no doubt that will be next August but we can’t be carrying 80 percenters who don’t even fancy training properly (you know who you are)

Celtic will be awarded the title in each league by Christmas.  

Hearts will be relegated from each league by Christmas.

Covid will be blamed.

Doncaster will be the new Prime Minister, and will also take the throne from Elizabeth.

Hibs will rot in Hell.

Donald Trumps hair parting will begin half way down his spine.  By Christmas.

Bobby Ewing will emerge, unscathed, from the shower. Again.

Guest ToqueJambo

We'll have a terrific 27-game pre-season, during which we blood youngsters, get the likes of Haring and Souttar fit again, and transition into fan ownership, all the while saving our pennies and plotting our revenge for when we return to the top league.

tenor.gif

SomethingAboutObua

Hard not to think we'll walk the league, maybe the first round of fixtures when all the teams have their tails up trying to prove a point will be tough but really don't see us struggling. Also don't see us putting 10 past anyone either mind you.

Dundee or Inverness for 2nd and Ayr for 4th? Arbroath for bottom and one of Alloa or QoS for playoff, hopefully Alloa and they get sent down in place of Partick/Falkirk. Nothing against Alloa I just want the bigger teams in the bigger leagues.

Couldn't guess who'll be bottom of the top flight, St Mirren or Ross County hopefully but this could finally be the year Accies go down. St Johnstone have a chance too.

Hoping for 27 wins tbh! Would be another record that we could hold in the championship. As a bonus i would be targeting at least 1 cup final, Am i right in thinking there will 2 scottish cups this season ? Tbh i think the championship League looks utter crap, i would be genuinely disappointed if we didn't win it by at least 20 points.

jamboinglasgow

I do think the fact we are starting pre-season next week and having a 8 week pre-season with 9 friendlies means we will be way ahead of other clubs in regards to fitness. Other teams are leaving it to the last minute so they get the most out of furlow.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Us winning the league and Caley Jags to beat Hibs in the playoffs.

Plus any one of St Liedoon, Ross ***** (deliberate sp) or Dun Utd automatically going down would be sweet as!

2 hours ago, Busby8 said:

Seem to remember that there was a specific percentage of games that needed to be played for ending the league early to become reality.

There isn't. 

After a slowish start we go on to romp the league. The premiership is of shockingly bad standard as Celtic and Rangers create an enormous gap on the rest. Rangers keep it close but implode in February again. Hobos finish 7th but somehow justify it by technically finishing ahead of Hearts. Covid prevents any serious crowds from being in unless a vaccine is developed, a few clubs go into admin and possibly bust.

Oh and Hearts win the Scottish Cup after pumping Hibs 3-0 in the semi.

Edited by Rooster20

6 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

I was irked by the lovefest for Hibs on Off the ball this past week. The pundits on OTB believe Hibs will finish third or potentially challenge for second spot.

Bizarre. If the rest of the league combined could field a team they still wouldn't get anywhere near top two far less hubz doing it.

4 hours ago, Busby8 said:

If that was true they wouldn't have needed to have a vote on it.

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The precedent was allowing the clubs to vote on it not the outcome, at least that's what they will argue.

1. Celtic

2. Rangers 

3. Aberdeen 

4. Motherwell 

5. Kilmarnock

6. Livingston

7. Hibs

8. St Johnstone 

9. Ross County

10. Hamilton 

11. Dundee United (R)

12. St Mirren (R)

1. Hearts

2. Inverness (P)

3. Dundee 

4. Dunfermline 

5. Ayr

6. Arbroath 

7. Greenock 

8. QOS

9. Alloa

10. Raith Rovers 

more wishful thinking than anything. 

We win the league at a canter.  Hibs relegated after going into administration and being docked 15 points.  Evening News goes out of business.  Celtic achieve their dream but continue to claim that they are cheated at every turn. Dick Gordon has a fit of giggles when Tom English praises us and chokes himself.  Michael  Stewart meets Craig Levein for a pint. Willie Millar opens a new chip shop and it goes out of business six weeks later. Keith Jackson writes something factual and interesting.

Going  to be an interesting season. FTH.

Hectormasson
13 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Letting families travel abroad and opening schools will ultimately increase infections.  I cannot see grounds opening to spectators until next year.  A serious spike come winter can be expected.

Sadly, a lot of young people are irresponsible and assume they can mingle without getting infected.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

14 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Despite the way these shysters played last season we have a far better squad in a far weaker league than we did last time.

I want us to beat the goals record in this shorter season.

There's no way we can't win this if the season is finished. We think alike.

14 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Runners up in the Championship and win the play offs in that league and then play Hibs in two leg play off for Premiership place.  We horse them 5-1 at home and 5-1 away.  We go up and Hibs get relegated.

What a dream.

If only Carlsberg did dreams.

19 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Covid causes more havoc and the season can’t continue and is cancelled, but no relegation or promotion.

Sounds about right!

colinmaroon

Not interested in Premiership apart from hoping Celtic blow it.

Let's not get too cocky, it will be tougher than some think.  Still expect to be well clear if we get finishing the season.

Tokyo Drifter
21 hours ago, hueyview said:

Wouldn't pin your hopes on a jab. I can't see there being full grounds this year or next.

If fans into grounds are delayed then I expect one of St Johnstone / St Mirren / Hamilton / Dundee Utd to go into administration by November. 

However Doncaster will state a non voted rule change where that team isn’t docked points to ensure they aren’t relegated due to covid...

We tried to fight the system so expect anything to keep us down for another season.

I can already sense fixtures delayed due to

1. The shitty wee teams not able to sort their testing out.

2. A shitty winter.

So come February / March the SPFL is trying to get Hearts to play 3 games every week

Harry Potter
Just now, JJ93 said:

We will 'Cowdenbeath' at least once team.. hopefully another 10-0... and hopefully Dundee!

Would love that.

18 hours ago, OTT said:

We signed up to the rules, whatever they are, whenever they are applied, whatever the impact.........think that covers it!

12 hours ago, graygo said:

If that was true they wouldn't have needed to have a vote on it.

Was it not the case that having completed 75% of the season, ( or some figure around that ), that it gave the SPFL the opportunity to call a spurious vote from member clubs?

Seem to remember something along those lines being mooted at the early stages of project shitfest.

Anyway, back on topic........ we will walk what there is of the championship.

Personally can't see it being completed though.

4 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Was it not the case that having completed 75% of the season, ( or some figure around that ), that it gave the SPFL the opportunity to call a spurious vote from member clubs?

Seem to remember something along those lines being mooted at the early stages of project shitfest.

Anyway, back on topic........ we will walk what there is of the championship.

Personally can't see it being completed though.

Can't say I've seen anything about 75%.

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Not interested in Premiership apart from hoping Celtic blow it.

Let's not get too cocky, it will be tougher than some think.  Still expect to be well clear if we get finishing the season.

This. Going all season unbeaten because we’ve signed a goalkeeper??

Ex member of the SaS
On 31/07/2020 at 15:29, Special Officer Doofy said:

How do you figure?

I will give an answer, Last time teams had to step up against three Premiership teams, this season they only have us. Still think we will stroll it but need to get points and a large goal difference asap to countermand any curtailment.

Any cutting short MUST see the same rules applied or we go back to court and use the financial aspect of damage to our business ( a rule allows clubs to go to CoS under these circumstances) .

If Hearts lose the first game against Dundee by a big margin and sit bottom of the table, the SPFL call the season over and relegate us.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I will give an answer, Last time teams had to step up against three Premiership teams, this season they only have us. Still think we will stroll it but need to get points and a large goal difference asap to countermand any curtailment.

Any cutting short MUST see the same rules applied or we go back to court and use the financial aspect of damage to our business ( a rule allows clubs to go to CoS under these circumstances) .

I agree.

We are playing against the clock. We have already had the season cut short by 9 games, had that not happened we could have started slowly and then plenty time to win as other teams tire.There can often be a team that starts well and picks up a lot of points before falling off later. If we start slow then the season could end before we catch up and overtake.

I do also fear that Doncaster and the premiership clubs pull a fast one and stop promotion/relegation. 

Ex member of the SaS

So far results are going against all the above wishful thinking. I have a better chance of winning the Euro millions than some of the predictions coming true and the only one I have any confidence in is Hearts winning the Championship ( hopefully at a canter ) 

If Aberdeen beat Celtic in the semi final of the Scottish Cup. The 2020 tournament will be called as Celtic can’t win their quadruple treble.

Celtic get their 10 in a row. Gerrard gets sacked despite winning the League Cup and getting to the final of the Scottish Cup. Aberdeen finish third. Hibs finish bottom 6. Hearts win the Championship and our boycotts were noticeable.

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No, sorry. That doesn’t make any sense to me. It won’t be as easy BECAUSE there’s no Rangers or Hibs in it? Nope, not having that. Teams are also weaker than they were last time due to C19 effects on finances. It’s a much weaker league than last time.