2020 Snooker World Championship

Victorian

The two bottom pockets at the black end seemed to be playing totally different. The one on the left seemed to be bigger than the one on the right. The kicks were terrible and the bounce off some of the cushions absolutely horrific. For a world final for a table to be in that bad shape is shocking. They try and blame the humidity but they could easily invest environmental/air conditioning to get the conditions just right for the players. This is after all the pinnacle of the game right here. Conditions shouldn’t an issue for the players 

Can’t remember a year with so much issues with the snooker table. They have trying this new chalk but it seemed to make Ronnie and few other miss cue. Might be causing other issues as well

The crucible might not be the best environment for the snooker game to flourish. Might be a lot of sentiment there but it might just be for the world championship to grow they might need to move venues. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Three million viewers watched the second session last night across BBC platforms.

The TV audience watching BBC Two coverage peaked at 2.6 million.

decent numbers. 

if it is right going into this evening will be even bigger numbers. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

There was definitely a problem with that table.   A few shots across or against the nap pulled in a bit.   That's not normally seen on these supposedly fine cloths.    Bounces,  ball squaring up off cushions,  unresponsive deep screw shots,  earthquake kicks.

32 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Think Wilson is gonna win. Ronnie looks like he cant be arsed.

Looking like another four frame advantage for O’Sullivan. No way Wilson has that in him to overcome. 

Ronnie not interested?   Exact opposite actually.   He looks hugely better.   54,  49,  48 & 61 so far.    Fluent stuff.

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Wilson should really be level but instead it's a 4 frame lead. Now Ronnie in again.

5 frames now

O sullivan is a complete and utter but it's hard not to marvel at his talent. Once he retires there's just nobody that could ever replace what he brings with his skills and don't give a **** attitude. 

Nothing big but he's had 70+ (×2),  60+ (×2),  50+ (×2),  40+ (×3).    Weighty,  fluent and lightning fast scoring.    

Folk saying this is embarrassing. Would like to them doing better against the best player that ever played. 

Spoiler

The couldn’t  

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Folk saying this is embarrassing. Would like to them doing better against the best player that ever played. 

Hide contents

The couldn’t  

Hendry isn't playing. 

Imagine after finally being let back into a sporting event and you manage to bag a ticket to the last evening session of the World Snooker Championship then Ronnie O’Sullivan only has one frame to win it. 

They should have just played that last frame out and put Kyren Wilson out of his misery.

As much I don’t think it won’t happen, what if Kyren Wilson does this?

Surely it would be one of the greatest comebacks in history. 

Nucky Thompson
37 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

As much I don’t think it won’t happen, what if Kyren Wilson does this?

Surely it would be one of the greatest comebacks in history. 

As Ronnie said after an earlier victory, he'd have to lose an arm and a leg 

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Looking like another four frame advantage for O’Sullivan. No way Wilson has that in him to overcome. 

The match was over yesterday and Wilson pulled it back, Could be interesting tonight.

Shortest session ever.  About 7 minutes?

A worthy champion from generally a poorish tournament,  aside from two dramatic semi finals.    

1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I have to say I’m very disappointed and very surprised at no Willie Thorne tribute.

They did one during the 1st week.

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They did one during the 1st week.

Only one frame played this evening with couple hours to spare - I would have shown it again (peak time).

Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me

5 hours ago, stu said:

Hendry v White tomorrow at midday.

Looking forward to this...

What channel is it on, bud? 

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What channel is it on, bud? 

I saw a bit of White's natch whilst on the app. If it's on TV it may well be a red button job. 

The BBC is a joke regarding sport. Ladies Open Golf is broadcast after 11pm but they have no qualms about punting out another Miranda at prime time along with Question of Sport tribute programme. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I saw a bit of White's natch whilst on the app. If it's on TV it may well be a red button job. 

The BBC is a joke regarding sport. Ladies Open Golf is broadcast after 11pm but they have no qualms about punting out another Miranda at prime time along with Question of Sport tribute programme. 

Natch? :oohmatron:

The BBC doesn't do sport the way it used to. That may be actually part down to the government lifting the sacred tournament thingy. Feck! What's that called, bud? 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Natch? :oohmatron:

The BBC doesn't do sport the way it used to. That may be actually part down to the government lifting the sacred tournament thingy. Feck! What's that called, bud? 

Crown jewels? 😂 

They are clinging on to Wimbledon and will likely lose the snooker (although Eurosport have a big grip on this now). 

22 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Crown jewels? 😂 

They are clinging on to Wimbledon and will likely lose the snooker (although Eurosport have a big grip on this now). 

👍

It came to me after I posted. :D I need a memory transplant. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just saw that.   Money talks... or the lack of it.   Hopefully wont make a monkey of himself.   

Unless he is willing to put in the 6 hours a day of practice and has somehow got over the yips he will. 

Ronnie O’Sullivan lies but it is a well known fact he practices like a mad man before tournaments. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

18 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Unless he is willing to put in the 6 hours a day of practice and has somehow got over the yips he will. 

Ronnie O’Sullivan lies but it is a well known fact he practices like a mad man before tournaments. 

He'll need something akin to a safety game or he'll be devoured by the better pros.    

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Looks like China finally have a real superstar. This Yan looks the real deal. 

Higgins is letting him off the hook in this final.

Just seen Higgins long pot success is 27%. I think against Ronnie the other night he only missed one and that was the last frame.

12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Btw commentators on Eurosport absolutely gagging for the Chinese boy to win

So was Virgo on BBC last night In the final frame. The interview at the end was a bit cringe with his girlfriend coming on and never had a clue 😂 . The boy speaks English knew his mrs never knew what was happening but still stood there all quiet 😂😂

John just wanted to piss off home .