2020 Snooker World Championship

Victorian

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

It's over already.

😡

wouldn’t say it is over but if Wilson can’t win this evening session then I can’t see a way back for him. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we’ve learnt anything from the first session, it’s that Steve Davis is not a fan of Kyren Wilson - and he doesn’t care who knows it.

The game isn’t over and this match has been full of twists and turns I won’t be surprised if they tie up overnight.

1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

If we’ve learnt anything from the first session, it’s that Steve Davis is not a fan of Kyren Wilson - and he doesn’t care who knows it.

The game isn’t over and this match has been full of twists and turns I won’t be surprised if they tie up overnight.

I find the BBC coverage quite dire to be honest. I don't watch a lot of snooker though. But in the past when it came to golf and if the BBC/Sky were both showing it (e.g. the Open) I'd go with Sky despite ad breaks as they just had that extra level, where as the BBC just kept doing what they've been doing for decades...

5 minutes ago, kila said:

I find the BBC coverage quite dire to be honest. I don't watch a lot of snooker though. But in the past when it came to golf and if the BBC/Sky were both showing it (e.g. the Open) I'd go with Sky despite ad breaks as they just had that extra level, where as the BBC just kept doing what they've been doing for decades...

But the most important thing they could've been doing for decades, they don't do anymore.

7 minutes ago, kila said:

The only reason why I’ve watched any of the BBC coverage this year is because they have Stephen Hendry.

If Eurosport can poach him, it’s well and truly game over.

Thankfully Dennis Taylor wont be in the comm box for the next session.   My god.

Hendry was spot on.   O'Sullivan's sheer scoring power is overwhelming Wilson.   He could win this with a session to spare unless Wilson can somehow 'Selby' the match and frustrate O'Sullivan.    This is O'Sullivan playing at about 60% as well.    Struggling with his action,  tinkering,  digging at the ball,  cueing across... but still looking very fluent.   An incredible talent.

That's it for me this year.

Ronnie has this won already

That session was awful.

Never seen so many easy posts missed as this years championship.

2 great semi finals but overall a poor tournament for me.

Some of the misses were unbelievably bad.

For next year I hope the BBC punt -

Ken Doherty. He is feckin boring.

Joe Perry and his pal. To think these two replaced Willie Thorne and John Virgo who were brilliant. 

Dennis Taylor man 🤦

That wee guy with the afro. He's annoying. 

Keep the hot brunette. She is absolutely gorgeous, whoever she is. More leg with low cut tops please. Bring in more female hotties to present. 

Stephen Hendry, John Parrot, Alan McManus and Steve Davis are great. They should stay. If it wasn't for them and their insight, it would be total a shite fest. 

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

For next year I hope the BBC punt -

Ken Doherty. He is feckin boring.

Joe Perry and his pal. To think these two replaced Willie Thorne and John Virgo who were brilliant. 

Dennis Taylor man 🤦

That wee guy with the afro. He's annoying. 

Keep the hot brunette. She is absolutely gorgeous, whoever she is. More leg with low cut tops please. Bring in more female hotties to present. 

Stephen Hendry, John Parrot, Alan McManus and Steve Davis are great. They should stay. If it wasn't for them and their insight, it would be total a shite fest. 

Seema Jaswal.   Super hot.

Kyren Wilson had to bring his A game and hope Ronnie was going to play crap. 

Ronnie's playing crap and that's enough to beat Kyren, comfortably. 

Wilson is shite. Ronnie hasn’t even left 2nd gear and is slaughtering him. If his long game was there he wouldn’t even have a frame. 

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

God knows. 

I got it now.....

They have to wear masks when moving around the venue but are permitted to remove it when watching the “action” - I read the t’s and c’s on the crucible website.

Ronnie playing match snooker for the first time ever. It’s working as well. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Pure cakewalk for Ronnie and backing up his comments about young players being pure shite. He could win this playing with one hand behind his back. 

Got to hope O'Sullivan gets in for a couple of breaks to drag this out of the depths.    There were probably better games at the qualifiers.    The WC can't have Kyren 'guid wae the rest' Wilson winning it.

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Got to hope O'Sullivan gets in for a couple of breaks to drag this out of the depths.    There were probably better games at the qualifiers.    The WC can't have Kyren 'guid wae the rest' Wilson winning it.

Was always going to be shite after those semis yesterday. 

Ronnie looking to be taking a totally different approach, adapting strategy for different opponents.

Tactically very astute suggests that winning does mean a lot to him.

Howling from R.O.     He's obsessed himself into losing his action completely.    Don't think his head is in the right postcode.    Really not sure how you go from battering your opponent to snooker hall thrasher in a few frames.

Ronnie's playing so bad, probably in part because he's not under pressure. Hopefully Kyren coming back will make him a bit more enthusiastic about winning this. 

5 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Nucky Thompson

I hope a certain poster from Hamilton isn't watching this. Most of the live spectators aren't wearing masks :waiting:

Don't know why he was shaking his head, he got a total fluke to get in

🤭

Oh ffs then Wilson misses 😬

Edited by neilnunb

Undeserved 10-7 lead.    Looked like the table and balls were playing like a circus though.    O'Sullivan got the weirdest kick ever.   No pace,  no ball bounce,  but the target ball straightened up by about 45 degrees.    Wilson should have dollied that last red in because he would have won any safety play from that point while 21 ahead.   Dick.

Today has lacked the fireworks and drama of yesterday, O’Sullivan was far from at his best, the table was terrible in terms of bounces and kicks, but this is still an intriguing final.

5 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Today has lacked the fireworks and drama of yesterday, O’Sullivan was far from at his best, the table was terrible in terms of bounces and kicks, but this is still an intriguing final.

Need a new table tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Experience will win the day. I can't see Ronnie losing this 

God I hope you are wrong :lol:

If Ronnie is at the table scoring he should be ok, He looks troubled when he has too much time sitting ,looking on, worrying and overthinking his cueing.

12 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

I got it now.....

They have to wear masks when moving around the venue but are permitted to remove it when watching the “action” - I read the t’s and c’s on the crucible website.

Got to be thankful that they make the t's and c's available to the general public and not just those with tickets, so that we can all understand the rules those in attendance have to adhere to.

Well said Ronnie for once, ya dick. 👍

The money grabbing chocolate gangster who thinks he's something can feck off. 

He ruined snooker and Darts the dick and the sooner his family are out of these games the better. Talk about his family, his boy is even worse, he has a plank of wood masquerading as a heavyweight champion. And the general public swallow it. 

Anyway, I'll piss masel laughing if Ronnie doesn't finish the final. Just to get it up him. 

Three million viewers watched the second session last night across BBC platforms.

The TV audience watching BBC Two coverage peaked at 2.6 million.