• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Murphy is playing really well.  His long potting is outrageous and he's hitting everything really positively.  This is some group of quarter finalists and Murphy isn't even one of the 'best 4'.  He needs to stay close to Trump as he has a poor record of coming back from a deficit against the better players.  I reckon if Trump gets about 4 ahead at any time it's virtually over.  He'll beat Trump given half a chance.

Then you look at Selby and ask who the **** is going to live with him.  He's the nearest anyone has looked to the robotic perfection of Steve Davis of the late 80s.

Robbo-Jambo

Wtf has Neil Robertson done to his hair 🤣🤣

Looks a cross between Alan Rough and Leo Sayer. 😳

57 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

because he cant get a haircut he has let it go wild. supposidly his sons hair is exactly the same

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

because he cant get a haircut he has let it go wild. supposidly his sons hair is exactly the same

Oh right 👍

Final frame decider for McGill again. He never gives up. Was 10-7 up again Bingham, but then Bingham won 5 in a row to be 1 frame away from the semi before McGill won the next 2 to draw level again.

Unlucky for McGill.  Bingham will be a real threat if he keeps his high scoring up.  Murphy coming good vs Trump.  Almost home and dry at 10-6.  Any player left looks a good chance of winning but Trump is in big trouble.

Please God not a Selby vs Wilson final.  Two monster players but a grinding robot vs a boring *****.  Bingham vs Murphy would be brilliant but it's not likely.  Both favourites are capable of going well clear in their matches and it's going to be some effort for either underdog to stick close through into a 4th session.  

Selby by 8+ frames and Wilson by 6+.  But please no.

Selby -5.5 / Wilson -3.5 double pays 6/1.  Bet365 aren't offering wider handicap odds and it's understandable because a couple of biggish wins are very possible and my prediction would probably be at least 24/1.  That 6/1 looks very,  very good though so an interest bet placed. 

On 27/04/2021 at 20:37, milky_26 said:

Thought it was to do with being a Vegan and the hair dye had stuff in it vegans don’t like 😂

Murphy was 1-0 up and has Wilson tied up in knots in the 2nd but blows it. Looks like he's about to lose 5 on the bounce having lost his rag earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Wilson's a monster alright.  Murphy needs to win another frame tonight or he's gone after 1 session.  

The lad's on fire now. Looks like he's never gonna miss a shot.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The lad's on fire now. Looks like he's never gonna miss a shot.

He must wish they could carry on and play another session.  Murphy's not even playing in the match.  If Wilson doesn't lead 7-1 he'll kick himself.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

He must wish they could carry on and play another session.  Murphy's not even playing in the match.  If Wilson doesn't lead 7-1 he'll kick himself.

Great seeing Wilson like this especially as O'Sullivan's style is much missed. Sensational stuff from Wilson. 

Just as Wilson misses😄

Murphy's come back to the table stone cold and started potting much better.  Fair play.  Win the 8th and it's a Houdini job.

Wilson out of jail from a restless night.  6-2 is exactly how the session went on balance.  Murphy can't lose session 2 or he's toast.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Selby 🤬  this is why folk hate watching him. 

Relief all round as frame that at one point was heading for a 1.30am finish is completed.

Bingham leads 13-11 from 7-9. Very decent comeback. 

14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

18points behind and needing 5 snookers.

Just do one Selby 🤬🤬🤬

That's how to lose your sponsors, spectators and broadcasters. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Relief all round as frame that at one point was heading for a 1.30am finish is completed.

Bingham leads 13-11 from 7-9. Very decent comeback. 

Oh that post had been in reference to an even earlier frame. 

The guy is a joke.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This match has certainly confirmed Selby as the Number 1, Grade A prick. 

He's a total knob like. 

JudyJudyJudy

Enthralling last game between Selby and Bingham just now . Superb safety shots 

Edited by JamesM48

Mikey1874

It's true there are more consistent players. 

But Shaun Murphy at his best is as good has anyone. 

Hopefully he can continue to show it. 

On 27/04/2021 at 19:40, Robbo-Jambo said:

Always thought he wore a wig.

Samuel Camazzola

Can't take to Murphy. He thought he was a Billy big-time a few years ago but claiming he could be a golf tour pro. Entered a couple of qualifying events and got his arse handed to him. 

Can't stand either. Weird to think Selby could go level with Higgins it world titles. Maybe biased but I don't think he is anywhere near Higgins' level. 

I'll probably be wanting Murphy to wallop him simply due to Selby still playing on when needing about 15 snookers. 😁 

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Can't stand either. Weird to think Selby could go level with Higgins it world titles. Maybe biased but I don't think he is anywhere near Higgins' level. 

I'll probably be wanting Murphy to wallop him simply due to Selby still playing on when needing about 15 snookers. 😁 

i think for his world titles there seemed to be a weaker field along with people like ronnie being out of form. i have had a look at who he faced to win his titles and yes you can only beat who is in front of you but in 2017 the only top player he beat was higgins in the final, 2014 he did deserve it more beating trump, robertson and ronnie in the final. and 2016 i would say he did not beat any top players to win it

JudyJudyJudy

Can i ask what is all the hate for Selby about  ? Genuine question.

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Can i ask what is all the hate for Selby about  ? Genuine question.

its not hate for me but not liking him. the reasons are he is robotic and slow and ends up just grinding out wins. he is sort of the snooker equivalent of hearts this season, we got over the line but were awful to watch, slow, ponderous and grinding out results. There is no excitement in his play, for some it will be what seems a lack of personality during matches that does not bother me as the greatest player of all time showed no emotion 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

its not hate for me but not liking him. the reasons are he is robotic and slow and ends up just grinding out wins. he is sort of the snooker equivalent of hearts this season, we got over the line but were awful to watch, slow, ponderous and grinding out results. There is no excitement in his play, for some it will be what seems a lack of personality during matches that does not bother me as the greatest player of all time showed no emotion 

Cheers for that. I kind of picked it up from this thread the reason was his style of play. He can be ponderous. 

I have a feeling this final could go on till Tuesday!!!! Or a 3 0'clock in the early hours of the morning.

Mars plastic
56 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

A modern day Cliff Thorburn then?