2020 Snooker World Championship

Victorian

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Realistically, Selby could end up winning more world titles than Hendry. So few players are consistent these days. He can hold it together for two weeks.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Realistically, Selby could end up winning more world titles than Hendry. So few players are consistent these days. He can hold it together for two weeks.

I find it strange how Hendry won his last title at the age of 30 and Selby won his first at the age of 31

No idea how Hendry failed to win another title after 1999

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I find it strange how Hendry won his last title at the age of 30 and Selby won his first at the age of 31

The yips ruined him. 

NANOJAMBO
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think Selby started out as a pro pool player and moved into snooker at a late age. 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The yips ruined him. 

I always found it hysterical that his gf and i think he may have married her was called Mandy Tart 

The laughter from the crowd obviously listening to the commentary and Virgo expecting Selby to take that pot on but instead play a negative shot 🤣

Maroon Sailor
9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

https://twitter.com/monkey_sponge/status/1294382277741486081?s=21

Unbelievable this...I never realised Selby was quite as big a ***** tbh. 

It's the likes of O'Sullivan and Trump that prop the game up.

If we had 32 Selby's in the 1st round nobody would watch it or maybe couldn't due to the fact they would be hard pushed to keep their eyes open.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's the likes of O'Sullivan and Trump that prop the game up.

If we had 32 Selby's in the 1st round nobody would watch it or maybe couldn't due to the fact they would be hard pushed to keep their eyes open.

I loved snooker from a kid right into my 30’s but I’ve hardly lifted a cue or even watched a game for years now. I had my own full size table for years but once I got rid of that it seemed to drain away. 

I try to watch now and again but it honestly bores me I don’t know why I fell out of love with the game quite as much. That Shelby clip is ridiculous though how he doesn’t receive some kind of caution or warning there is beyond a joke. He’s taking the fecking piss! 

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

https://twitter.com/monkey_sponge/status/1294382277741486081?s=21

Unbelievable this...I never realised Selby was quite as big a ***** tbh. 

im sure selby holds the "record" for the longest time to take a shot at around 30 minutes. however it is one of those records with a caveat, the fire alarm went off and it took 30 minutes to evacuate and be let back in to play the next shot

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

im sure selby holds the "record" for the longest time to take a shot at around 30 minutes. however it is one of those records with a caveat, the fire alarm went off and it took 30 minutes to evacuate and be let back in to play the next shot

:lol: 

I remember players like Terry Griffiths and Cliff Thorburn who i honestly never watched cos they were so bad with slow play but I don’t think even they were bad as that arsehole. 

Edited by jack D and coke

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: 

I remember players like Terry Griffiths and Cliff Thorburn who i honestly never watched cos they were so bad with slow play but I don’t think even they were bad as that arsehole. 

for me it seems to be a bit of gamesmanship, similar to peter ebdon. play slow to throw your opponent off their game. imagine if we had a WC final between selby and ebdon, it would keep going until next seasons WC

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

for me it seems to be a bit of gamesmanship, similar to peter ebdon. play slow to throw your opponent off their game. imagine if we had a WC final between selby and ebdon, it would keep going until next seasons WC

Yeah it’s gamesmanship no doubt about it. I’d Forgot about that knob Ebdon :facepalm:

There needs to be some rule brought in to be able to caution them and after a certain period of time and it becomes a foul and a free ball to the opponent or something. 
Hideous and does nothing to make anyone want to watch. 

• 6 months later...

Hendry beaten 6-1 by Tepchaiya in UK Championship.  Tepchaiya made 5 centuries and 2 50s.  Hendry made a 50 to win frame 4.  Scored only 1 point in the 6 frames he lost.

:wow:

Tough school.

• 4 months later...

Watching Higgins blow a 8-3, then 9-4 lead against Robertson in the Tour Championship final. Last frame decider and Robertson in the balls.

I know some don't like Higgins but this is hard to watch.

Will be the third final he's blown this season I think.

Btw the constant coughing in the crowd is annoying as ****.