2020 Snooker World Championship

Victorian

2-1 Hendry.  Nicked frame 3 after needing a snooker.  An hour and three quarters play.  It's grim stuff.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Where you watching this vic?

i think the eurosport website is showing it

edit they are but you need to subscribe

Edited by milky_26

I'm just looking at updates but it sounds like both are struggling. Had Hendry at taking 30secs per shot earlier...getting near the Ebdon territory 😁

From the telegraph:

Jimmy looking a bit more the ticket. The balls are more favourably spread, he's striking more cleanly, he's made a half century and he's still going...

... and bit he's run aground on 58. He's missed one. As ever with Jimmy, it's the hope that kills you. And here's Stephen £$%^ing Hendry. This isn't a snooker match, it's a time machine, as Don Draper might have put it.

🤣 

Hendry pounces! Jimmy had this frame run but Stephen was lurking in case of a mistake and he's given himself a really great chance. Jimmy has 62 on the board but Stephen has the table and he's now got the colours to clear. The action looks better, the control is (something like) there... but most importantly and I think most interestingly, it is when Jimmy was playing his best snooker of the night that Stephen has managed to raise his game. A true champion. A genuine great of British sport. Stephen clears them up and that is another brutal body blow to Jimmy's chances.

Brilliant from Hendry there. Not the potting or the cue ball control. The match play.

And Jimmy, in what seems a needlessly cruel little sideshow, will lose his tour card if he goes out! Unless Barry Hearn gives him wildcards which, lets face it, he probably will.

🤣😭

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

5-2. Can't watch any more,  it's awful.

I watched that last frame, it's painful watching two of the greatest ever missing pots that they would have made in their sleep a few years back.

Mark_Mywords

I've never seen so many missed pots.  After winning the scrappy 3rd frame, Hendry said to the ref "You've got a long night ahead!"  :D 

Next up is Xu Si of China at 7.30 tomorrow.  World ranked 82 but has been decent.  Winnable match with a bit of improvement.

1-1.  Chucked away twice after making a 49 and later being 33 up with 35 left and never got nice on the last red.  Xu looks decent as well.  A big blow and really needs to win frame 3.  On the plus he's slotted in 3 long reds.

Forget it.  3-1 Xu.  79 break.  The boy's got the shots.  Doubles.  Floating rest head shots.  All table positional accuracy is superb.  Hendry plodding and missing easy pots.  Turned off.

Splattered 6-1 by the world number 80 something.  Tbf Xu looks silky.  Some of the pots Hendry missed should tell him to get back to not being the best player on the seniors scene and into the punditry.

Got a bad feeling Ronnie is going to win this. 5 finals this season and lost most of them (or is it all?)...so will be typical of him to win this one. 😬

shaun.lawson

Can't see past Trump I'm afraid. Not only has he been very dominant all season - but his draw is a joke, a cakewalk.

Top half looks like O'Sullivan, Selby, Ding, Higgins and Williams all cutting each other's throats... while either Trump or (possibly, but his record at Sheffield is pathetic for a player of his ability) Robertson arrive at the final well-rested and likely to clean up.

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Got a bad feeling Ronnie is going to win this. 5 finals this season and lost most of them (or is it all?)...so will be typical of him to win this one. 😬

Lost all 5.

Watching most of them and seeing his latest interviews its true he is either brilliant or struggles. Though even when he struggles he is winning frames. 

I was gonnae put a tenner on Trump, but it was only paying oot 36 quid, so I stuck it on Maguire 670 quid.  :shockio:

14 hours ago, JWL said:

Mods....................thread name change please?

Any top tips for this year's tournament, JWL?

Ding can count himself a bit unlucky to draw Bingham in round 1 but to be honest he rarely looks at his best now.  Seems to have lost an edge.  Not that many of the current players have won more triple crown events than Ding but he might not win any more.

On 18/04/2021 at 11:56, JWL said:

Perrie Mans for me this year. Long overdue

Good shout. Surely this is his year.

I think McGill's going to win this from 10-11 after losing the last 5.  Looks like he's getting over his bad spell.

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

****ing yassssssss!

That's shut those pricks in the crowd up

:pleasing: 

up ye ya stupid rocket

Could be that this is the most competitive WC for a long time,  maybe ever,  with the big boys all near the top of their form.  Trump,  Selby,  Robertson and Wilson all looking very good.  Higgins and Williams are well behind these guys but still dangerous.  McGill is capable of beating anyone but it will take some effort to come through against the top players in every round.

If anyone wins it outside of the big 4 left then it will be a major surprise.

willie wallace
On 18/04/2021 at 11:56, JWL said:

Perrie Mans for me this year. Long overdue

He won an an over 80s tournament last week.

This Robertson/Wilson match looked like it was going to be a cracker after the first  3 frames but has now become one of the worst matches I've ever seen.