• Victorian

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Clarke was at it. 

Agreed. I watched an interview with McGill earlier and whilst being very diplomatic about it I got the feeling that he felt there was a bit of gamesmanship going on. 

I felt Clarke’s tweet was very cringeworthy. 

4 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Agreed. I watched an interview with McGill earlier and whilst being very diplomatic about it I got the feeling that he felt there was a bit of gamesmanship going on. 

I felt Clarke’s tweet was very cringeworthy. 

Was that the let's dance tweet? 

:facepalm:

O'Sullivan will collapse if he goes any further behind.   Looks like he isn't fully determined.    You could see how much effort Williams was putting in to maximise the lead as he no doubt suspects O'Sullivan is close to chucking it.   Could end up 13-4 or 13-5 if Williams goes any further ahead.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Was that the let's dance tweet? 

:facepalm:

Yes it was. McGill doesn’t have Twitter, but when he was told of the tweet he replied that he thought it was childish. He’s absolutely correct. 

1 hour ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Just saw that there was some real tension yesterday between McGill and Clarke and Clarke had sent a cheeky tweet out mid match as a result. 

The altercation was fairly heated (for a snooker match) and the ref had to get involved to sort it out. 

Video on the bbc link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53719400

I think McGill was right tbh. They're not playing down the club. That Clarke was standing drinking water right in his eye line. It's about etiquette I suppose. 

59 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Apologies if already posted but Ronnie has just slaughtered his fellow pros, bigtime.

An amateur put him out in the first round last year. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think McGill was right tbh. They're not playing down the club. That Clarke was standing drinking water right in his eye line. It's about etiquette I suppose. 

He was absolutely right to call Clarke out for it. Clarke has been doing the same in the session the day before as well. 

McGill must have eventually got pissed off with it and pulled him up. Glad he did that. 

Selby starting to look ominous.   Trump is going through the motions.   McGill's playing well but I doubt he would be able to beat Selby over 4 sessions.   Unconvinced by Wilson.  O'Sullivan looking ropey.    Selby looks great value at 4/1.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And just after I posted I saw he'd  just lost 5 frames on the bounce to Nigel "Yesterday's Man" Williams 😄

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

And just after I posted I saw he'd  just lost 5 frames on the bounce to Nigel "Yesterday's Man" Williams 😄

mark not nigel

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Ronnie should know better than to say there’s a lack of quality in young players.

China, Eastern Europe, Thailand etc

6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Apologies if already posted but Ronnie has just slaughtered his fellow pros, bigtime.

He's still kinda right though, albeit that wasn't very classy or professional. There's ways to go about it. 

Watched Judd Trump struggle last night. He's not got his usual game going and is in serious danger of going out. 4 frames down is a tough ask but has he got the nerve to turn it round?

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Ronnie O'Sullivans comments coming back to haunt him. He's playing like an amateur at the moment. 

Looking like making it 8-8.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Ronnie O'Sullivans comments coming back to haunt him. He's playing like an amateur at the moment. 

Your comments coming back to haunt you it would seem. Rattled off three frames and in prime position to take another here. 

Does not seem to enjoy the game if he ever did. Seems to me that he is so good at it that it bores him. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

8-8. Williams looking poor the last mini session there. The rocket didn’t need to shift past 2nd gear to win the last 4 frames. 

I also think O’Sullivan is deliberately leaving a red for Williams to have a go at after the break off as he feels he will miss it. There is no way he plays so many so poorly and is actually a tactic on his part. Could be wrong obviously. 

Has he always broken off with his left hand?

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Your comments coming back to haunt you it would seem. Rattled off three frames and in prime position to take another here. 

Does not seem to enjoy the game if he ever did. Seems to me that he is so good at it that it bores him. 

He was absolutely dugshit yesterday and first frame earlier. 

Must have just decided he was done ****ing about. 

I’ve never been convinced by snooker players having walk-on music but Ronnie O’Sullivan coming out to Rock ‘n’ Roll Star is absolutely excellent.

😎

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Brilliant now from O'Sullivan.   Try giving Selby a big lead though.    

think he will beat Selby. Absolutely hate his style of snooker, will try to grind the match to a crawl and mentally torture O’Sullivan. 

The Internet

Nothing against the semi finalists but I feel like the semis would be infinitely more exciting if it was Ronnie v Robertson and Trump v Maflin :lol: hoping mcgill wins but realistically Ronnie v Selby is pretty much the final. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

think he will beat Selby. Absolutely hate his style of snooker, will try to grind the match to a crawl and mentally torture O’Sullivan. 

O'Sullivan's tactical game has largely deserted him.   He used to be the best at his peak but it's not there now.   He relies heavily on getting in with scoring chances and reeling off a few quick frames.   Very much a streak player.  Confidence player.    Selby will surely know that the percentages are heavily towards depriving O'Sullivan of chances and waiting for the mistakes.    Would rather O'Sullivan wins but can't see it.

18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nothing against the semi finalists but I feel like the semis would be infinitely more exciting if it was Ronnie v Robertson and Trump v Maflin :lol: hoping mcgill wins but realistically Ronnie v Selby is pretty much the final. 

they face each other in the semi though don’t they?

15 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.png.a91dcf3151377895ee6a8a3dee924658.png

In a real clash of the titans... 

The rivalry between these two is somehow similar to Jimmy White and Stephen Hendry in the 90s. 

Snooker misses the ruthless Hendry. No one, not even Ronnie could beat him at his Best. An absolute Animal who wanted to wipe the floor with you. :(

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Snooker misses the ruthless Hendry. No one, not even Ronnie could beat him at his Best. An absolute Animal who wanted to wipe the floor with you. :(

Hendry was relentless, during snooker's best era. He just destroyed players. 

Is anybody watching Selby v O'Sullivan.

I've never seen so many poor shots, missed efforts , chalk changing and ball swapping in a single game. 

I don't know what the weather is like in Sheffield right now but down here it's humid as hell and the electrical storms are something else. 

Cannae stand Selby. Great player but I hope Ronnie tanks him. Couldn't think of a worse final than Selby v either of the other two. Would prefer Ronnie wins and hammers whoever in the final. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Cannae stand Selby. Great player but I hope Ronnie tanks him. Couldn't think of a worse final than Selby v either of the other two. Would prefer Ronnie wins and hammers whoever in the final. 

Looks like your wish will be granted : Selby is woeful and 2-5 down. 

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Looks like your wish will be granted : Selby is woeful and 2-5 down. 

Long way to go. Ronnie knows he needs to finish him quickly otherwise Selby will just grind him down. 

Can’t believe how bad the standard of play has been this year. Genuinely one of the worst WC i can remember. 

17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can’t believe how bad the standard of play has been this year. Genuinely one of the worst WC i can remember. 

It could be the lack of an audience that is causing it.

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

5-3 Selby nicked that with some immense safety shots. 

Think we might see a different Selby today somehow.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Think we might see a different Selby today somehow.

Not so much a different Selby but Ronnie is playing shockingly bad bar the one frame where he managed to hold it together. He's practically giving these frames away. 

Edited by Cruyff

58 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not so much a different Selby but Ronnie is playing shockingly bad bar the one frame where he managed to hold it together. He's practically giving these frames away. 

Aye he is having a mare. 

About as bad I have ever seen Ronnie play but still in it. He surely can’t be as bad as that again.  

You can feel how much Dennis Taylor and Ken Doherty want Selby to beat Ronnie.

Barely a compliment.

Thankfully Stephen Hendry is giving proper insight in the breaks.

12 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

You can feel how much Dennis Taylor and Ken Doherty want Selby to beat Ronnie.

Barely a compliment.

Thankfully Stephen Hendry is giving proper insight in the breaks.

Thought that myself. They are proper establishment people where as hendry always kept himself at a distance from it all until he retired. Pretty sure he said he couldn’t be friends with the folk he was trying to beat. 

Think Ronnie O’Sullivan is universally disliked which funnily enough makes me want him to Win even more. Strange.