2020 Snooker World Championship

Victorian

Has just started.

**** me,  Tom Ford missed a superb maximum chance in the first frame.  Missed a half ball black (13th black with the other 2 reds central in the table).

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet

Neil Robertson started with a free ball and just completed a 16-red clearance of 140. Apparently never been done at the crucible. 

why the hell do they have that radzi boy on the presenting team? could they not just have one of the former players do that job

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Neil Robertson started with a free ball and just completed a 16-red clearance of 140. Apparently never been done at the crucible. 

dennis taylor missing that it was a freeball and thinking he was badly out of position for a red when he was on a colour

The Internet
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

dennis taylor missing that it was a freeball and thinking he was badly out of position for a red when he was on a colour

Yeah noticed that :lol: 'can't see the value of a pot here' when he was perfectly on about 3 colours. 

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah noticed that :lol: 'can't see the value of a pot here' when he was perfectly on about 3 colours. 

just pointed out that it was only a 15 red clearance as he potted the first red then rolled in behind the brown, before getting a free ball

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

i was thinking surely he has a good angle on one of the baulk colours to get position on a red

The Internet
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just pointed out that it was only a 15 red clearance as he potted the first red then rolled in behind the brown, before getting a free ball

Ha, so he did. Ffs. It had actually been done once at the crucible anyway in 1990.

On 31/07/2020 at 14:06, JWL said:

Hopefully the BCD element will allow Perrie Mans to come good this year.................long overdue.

This post is the only reason I opened this thread. Well played, sir! 

That canned applause needs to go.  Horrific.

Robertson always plays really well early on and looks like he'll be one of the top 3 or 4 to beat.   

37 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Feel bad for un-nooh. Looks completely defeated. 

hasn't it worked out that his three times making the crucible in the first round he has faced, ronnie higgins and trump?

The Internet

Loved Maflin giving the middle finger to the cue ball when on a 147 :pray: great effort. Really unlucky in the end. 

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ronnie O is a very scary man. 3 frames, 3 centuries, 3 nil up. Played about half an hour 😱😱😱

He's won it already. At least that's the impressing the commentators were giving. 🙄

Hopefully Ding can find his form in the next round.

12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He's won it already. At least that's the impressing the commentators were giving. 🙄

Hopefully Ding can find his form in the next round.

Ronnie's looking good but there's Higgins, Trump, Selby, Williams, Bingham, Robertson, Murphy there too. These guys are all capable. 

21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ronnie's looking good but there's Higgins, Trump, Selby, Williams, Bingham, Robertson, Murphy there too. These guys are all capable. 

you also have the fact that the winner normally starts slowly and peaks around the semis or final

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you also have the fact that the winner normally starts slowly and peaks around the semis or final

I'd also say it's a bit different this year with no crowds. The guys are playing without that huge pressure. As John Higgins said, it's like playing down the club, top players can rattle centuries a lot easier without loads of people watching them and when they're a bit more relaxed. It really could be anyone of those guys. 

25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Does the Scottish lassie no host it anymore? 

I don't know, was wondering who the smoking hot tanned brunette burd was myself. Definitely an upgrade on auld Hazel. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Does the Scottish lassie no host it anymore? 

Hazel Irvine? She was due to present it but apparently back home due to some family illness.

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Hazel Irvine? She was due to present it but apparently back home due to some family illness.

Similarly John Virgo is stuck in Spain due to quarantine rules thus is not on it

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Similarly John Virgo is stuck in Spain due to quarantine rules thus is not on it

Is John Inverdale in Spain anaw? 

🙏 Please say it's so. 

16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

£50k windfall for Higgins.   Maybe he can try his best to win now.

::troll::

And get a waistcoat that fits him.

i remember the days hitting a maximum at the crucible got you £147k for the maximum and £20k for the highest break

I mildly miss the days when the semi-finals were best of 31 instead of 33. Made the final seem like more of a jump, and therefore more special.

5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i remember the days hitting a maximum at the crucible got you £147k for the maximum and £20k for the highest break

A few years ago, didn't Ronnie deliberately ruin a 147 break right at the death in protest as the lowering of the prize money?

Edited by Cade

24 minutes ago, Cade said:

A few years ago, didn't Ronnie deliberately ruin a 147 break right at the death in protest as the lowering of the prize money?

Not quite.  There was no prize offered for it and when he got to the final black,  he stopped and was going to refuse to pot it.   But he was persuaded to put it in. 

I do also remember when Ding was on a 147 but he forgot he was actually on for it and took an easier blue instead of the black

:gok:

43 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Higgins out to the superb Maflin.   Potential winner this guy.

sellick twat out you say

:kirk:

Ronnie just telling the truth. He could probably play until he is 60 and still win tournaments. The standard is so shit when you compare it to the 90s early 2000s

Ronnie was really rude in his post match interview with Rob Walker, saying how the young players are really bad.

So many young people look up to him and the fact that he said will probably make them feel like they have no confidence. 

Really poor.

I see a lot of similarities between O'Sullivan and Nick Kyrgios, albeit Ronnie has a lot more natural talent in their respective sports. Kyrgios of course is vilified whilst O'Sullivan is celebrated.

They're both arseholes. 

Samuel Camazzola
34 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ronnie just telling the truth. He could probably play until he is 60 and still win tournaments. The standard is so shit when you compare it to the 90s early 2000s

If there is someone in the current game that can assess the standards of today's up and coming players, it's Ronnie. 

I've not checked the path of the draw but is there a chance he could play someone he seems as poor? If he gets past Williams, he can't afford to get punted out by one of these guys. 

Ronnie is kinda right though. Higgins, Williams and O'Sullivan are still top contenders. Yet when they came through along with Hendry just before them and Doherty, they finished off all the old guys. The young guys are nowhere near the standard they were at. The only two good enough to win it are Trump and Selby. That said, I hope Maflin wins it. 

mark williams messing about getting two of he three spiders out and not holding the spider when taking the shot. he is also back to taking shots including safetys one handed. it is like he is treating it like an exhibition match. but tbf he has outplayed ronnie today. could he be hitting form at the right time to win the trophy?

40 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Just saw that there was some real tension yesterday between McGill and Clarke and Clarke had sent a cheeky tweet out mid match as a result. 

The altercation was fairly heated (for a snooker match) and the ref had to get involved to sort it out. 

Video on the bbc link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53719400

Clarke was at it.