Jordan Jones free to leave Rangers

Diadora Van Basten

JamboAndrew

Always though Jones was a bit if a luxury player. Didn't score or create too many, but always was good for some clips on the highlights. And I think his wages woukd be well I flated after milking the orcs for a year or however long he got out of them.

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Well lads, 2056 has been a great season, winning 12 league titles in a row exactly 100 years on from our record goal scoring season.  Another Champions League as well and Celtic kicked out for corruption and The Rangers go bust for the 8th time.

The one thing I miss with Hibs in the lowest tier of Scottish football are the regular victories but stuffing them 10 nil on our way to another Scottish Cup victory was enjoyable. 

I see that Doncaster has been turned down for parole again but you can't help think things could have been so much better if it hadn't been for Levein.

2058 surely Colin ? 

9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Jones, Middleton and Hastie are miles of it! Unfit, terrible attitude and thinks the world is against them. I’ve heard nothing about Jones on or off the park that makes me want him anywhere near Hearts. 

This. Three complete Neds who are vastly overrated. All three are professional victims who I never wish to see playing in maroon. We need winners not losers.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

They didn't really attract him - he had no other offers here. He was set to go to the States to join the league a level below the MLS until they stepped in. 

Always bothered me McGinn signing for Hibs. He stood out like a sore thumb at St Mirren and clearly had vast potential to develop into a good player yet we never approached him as a free agent. In fact Hibs were the only team to do so. Fans of opposition fans were all calling for their respective club to sign him. It was possibly the 250k compensation fee that dissuaded clubs from signing McGinn. 

1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

Always though Jones was a bit if a luxury player. Didn't score or create too many, but always was good for some clips on the highlights. And I think his wages woukd be well I flated after milking the orcs for a year or however long he got out of them.

He was set to sign for Aberdeen until The Rangers stepped in. Would not be surprised if this no mark ended up at the sheep. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Quite astonishing how well he’s done for himself tbh.

He seems to have the right attitude and has fitted in well down there. 

When he was up here, I was still a bit underwhelmed by him. 

9 hours ago, TWF said:

Levein had the opportunity to buy Milinkovic for free and give him one of his 3/4 year contracts. CL considered that to be in breach of his budget. Instead went out and acquired a few freebies such as Damour and Washington, gave them 3/4 year contracts and cumulatively paid out more in wages than he was prepared to with Milinkovic. That was a waste of resources

Eh?

12 hours ago, ExPatTam said:

Would he drop down a league? 

And then go up, in one season, as part of the best team in Scotland?

Yes, yes he would.

Or at least, he should.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, cookieboy said:

2058 surely Colin ? 

Well, I am 111 years old!

Your quite right.  I think it's a reversion to childhood as 56 was my first year at Hearts games.

JamboAndrew
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would be a great signing.. Jones and Docherty

Doherty yes. Jones no. I fear Jones would be one of the higher earners and has a history of not scoring or creating given the money he woukd probably want. Would rather we take a chance on a young upcoming championship winger, or God forbid, give an academy winger a chance.

This thread is funny.

The lad was a good player at Killie, good enough to get a big move and people think he wouldn't run riot in the championship 

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Doherty yes. Jones no. I fear Jones would be one of the higher earners and has a history of not scoring or creating given the money he woukd probably want. Would rather we take a chance on a young upcoming championship winger, or God forbid, give an academy winger a chance.

mar don’t really have a winger in the academy anywhere near ready.. Robbie himself has suit we are looking for 2.. thought he was very effective at killie

Diadora Van Basten
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

mar don’t really have a winger in the academy anywhere near ready.. Robbie himself has suit we are looking for 2.. thought he was very effective at killie

Sean Ward is a really good winger probably still a year away but the thing is we have been playing him out of position for the under 20s at left back and left wing back.

Played in his proper position he would make and score goals.

TyphoonJambo
14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Heard tonight he’s back at Kilmarnock.  

No ambition=loser

11 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Always bothered me McGinn signing for Hibs. He stood out like a sore thumb at St Mirren and clearly had vast potential to develop into a good player yet we never approached him as a free agent. In fact Hibs were the only team to do so. Fans of opposition fans were all calling for their respective club to sign him. It was possibly the 250k compensation fee that dissuaded clubs from signing McGinn. 

We would rather waste money on nobodies than sign promising potential. Hopefully that'll change now that Levein has gone. McGinn was a stand out for St Mirren and Hearts should've got in there at the time. I also remember Steve Mallan at St Mirren, an attacking threat from midfeld who was one of their best goal-scorers in a pitiful St Mirren team. Pretty decent free kick threat as well. At Kilmarnock i was always impressed by the way Clarke got the best out of his players. Jones, Brophy, O'Donnell, who we'll no doubt lose out on as he's available, their left-back Taylor (an area we have struggled with for years!) will ruin his career sitting on the Celtic subs bench, Power in midfield and also when they had Greg Stuart on loan. Any one of them would've improved Hearts no end. Also liked Greg Docherty at Hamilton before one half of the old squirm ruined him. I would not be surprised if Jones or O'Donnell for example end up where promising players usually end up, Hibs or Aberdeen.

Edited by jambonian

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Sean Ward is a really good winger probably still a year away but the thing is we have been playing him out of position for the under 20s at left back and left wing back.

Played in his proper position he would make and score goals.

Playing a player out of position!? At Hearts!? That would never happen! Oh, wait.....

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Playing a player out of position!? At Hearts!? That would never happen! Oh, wait.....

Seemed to work well enough with Peter Haring.

FWIW I see Paul McMullan was not in the DUFC squad today although may be injured.

23 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Well this isn't how I remember it. 
Iirc Hearts spoke to St.Mirren at the time, and Neilson said we couldn't justify paying the sum that St. Mirren quoted for someone unproven, and that was that Hibs swooped. 

Edited by droid