Jordan Jones free to leave Rangers

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Exactly the type of player we need in my opinion.

We have been crying out for a decent wide player since Milinkovic left.

No doubt we will get an unfit player of YouTube who used to be good years ago though.

3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

No doubt we will get an unfit player of YouTube who used to be good years ago though.

Levein's away now - that's not the way Robbie works.

8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s not always easy to attract players of that quality to the Championship unfortunately. Hibs did it with McGinn though, we need to at least be trying.

Jones, Middleton and Hastie are miles of it! Unfit, terrible attitude and thinks the world is against them. I’ve heard nothing about Jones on or off the park that makes me want him anywhere near Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

He's rank rotten, nah?

Northern Ireland International and a  top performer for Kilmarnock - why do you think he's rank rotten? He would blow the Championship away.

1 minute ago, Big Bruno said:

Northern Ireland International and a  top performer for Kilmarnock - why do you think he's rank rotten? He would blow the Championship away.

11 career goals. Hardly blown away by such thoughts. 

John Findlay

Can see him going back to Killie, or heaven forbid, a replacement at our neighbours for Boyle.

19 minutes ago, Locky said:

11 career goals. Hardly blown away by such thoughts. 

He wouldn't be signed to score goals though,  he's a winger, we would want him to create goals.

Reminds me of Jamie Walker, both similar types of players when they are fit and playing well. I'd hope we're at least enquiring

37 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

A player who we could have had a real chance at getting back, had it not been for Levein's attitude toward him.

One of the most exciting players in maroon for years, and he ends up sitting on the bench for a team that got relegated from the Championship, and farmed out on loan to a Canadian team playing in the MLS.

**** me, being a Hearts fan has been depressing the past few years.

OmiyaHearts

He's not that good. Had 3 decent months at Killie and that's about it.

His red card tackle in the old firm games tells you all you need to know about his mentality as a professional player. Best avoided.

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A player who we could have had a real chance at getting back, had it not been for Levein's attitude toward him.

One of the most exciting players in maroon for years, and he ends up sitting on the bench for a team that got relegated from the Championship, and farmed out on loan to a Canadian team playing in the MLS.

Levein had the opportunity to buy Milinkovic for free and give him one of his 3/4 year contracts. CL considered that to be in breach of his budget. Instead went out and acquired a few freebies such as Damour and Washington, gave them 3/4 year contracts and cumulatively paid out more in wages than he was prepared to with Milinkovic. That was a waste of resources

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Jones, Middleton and Hastie are miles of it! Unfit, terrible attitude and thinks the world is against them. I’ve heard nothing about Jones on or off the park that makes me want him anywhere near Hearts. 

Just young lads who were poorly advised and moved to Rangers, even though they had little chance of playing regularly. I’d take Jones for sure, but I don’t know anything about his off field stuff. He is a player who was solid against us at Killie though.

Just Sevco starting to do what the old Rangers did before them by buying up any good players to sit on their bench stopping other teams from playing them against them.

42 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I’d have Milinkovic back in a heartbeat. Just can’t see it unfortunately. The boy is a player and he just fits Hearts.

12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Just young lads who were poorly advised and moved to Rangers, even though they had little chance of playing regularly. I’d take Jones for sure, but I don’t know anything about his off field stuff. He is a player who was solid against us at Killie though.

Just Sevco starting to do what the old Rangers did before them by buying up any good players to sit on their bench stopping other teams from playing them against them.

Potentially but I also think that is too easy an excuse for those type players that end up at the old firm. I know, cause as I’ve said before I have a contact that plays for Rangers, that these guys aren’t even putting in the effort to get noticed. Too busy up town banging birds and buying stone island. They were called out at the start of pre season for not being fit enough and they hide and never tried to get fitter. Hastie went straight to training with the youths and the other two are headin the same way. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Potentially but I also think that is too easy an excuse for those type players that end up at the old firm. I know, cause as I’ve said before I have a contact that plays for Rangers, that these guys aren’t even putting in the effort to get noticed. Too busy up town banging birds and buying stone island. They were called out at the start of pre season for not being fit enough and they hide and never tried to get fitter. Hastie went straight to training with the youths and the other two are headin the same way. 

Seems like they must have thought “that’s me made it”, when they signed. Sad really, but far from uncommon. Such a shame though, as Jones was a good player for Killie. Hopefully he’ll wake up to the fact his career could go down the shitter pretty rapidly if he doesn’t get the finger out. I’ve heard people say the same things about Cochrane for us though. I don’t know how true these things are really, as I don’t have those sort of connections. I hate to see good prospects diminish though.

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

He’ll go down south.  

Probably. Sadly we are in a division that is ranked much lower than the frankly quite atrocious EFL1, at the moment. 

Chuck Berry

Would be a decent signing for the league we're in, but not on a long term deal.

Middleton would be a better signing IMO.

13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Seems like they must have thought “that’s me made it”, when they signed. Sad really, but far from uncommon. Such a shame though, as Jones was a good player for Killie. Hopefully he’ll wake up to the fact his career could go down the shitter pretty rapidly if he doesn’t get the finger out. I’ve heard people say the same things about Cochrane for us though. I don’t know how true these things are really, as I don’t have those sort of connections. I hate to see good prospects diminish though.

He may click at hearts and kick on. My only other issue would be that he’d always want to end back up at rangers as he feels he’s been unfairly treated etx. Pre rangers he was class. 

gashauskis9
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Probably. Sadly we are in a division that is ranked much lower than the frankly quite atrocious EFL1, at the moment. 

Lad from the North East of England, played pretty much his whole career to date in Scotland and represents NI.  That’s modern football folks!

colinmaroon

Well lads, 2056 has been a great season, winning 12 league titles in a row exactly 100 years on from our record goal scoring season.  Another Champions League as well and Celtic kicked out for corruption and The Rangers go bust for the 8th time.

The one thing I miss with Hibs in the lowest tier of Scottish football are the regular victories but stuffing them 10 nil on our way to another Scottish Cup victory was enjoyable. 

I see that Doncaster has been turned down for parole again but you can't help think things could have been so much better if it hadn't been for Levein.

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He may click at hearts and kick on. My only other issue would be that he’d always want to end back up at rangers as he feels he’s been unfairly treated etx. Pre rangers he was class. 

Honestly... the lack of ambition, and inability to see past the OF holds this country back so much.

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Lad from the North East of England, played pretty much his whole career to date in Scotland and represents NI.  That’s modern football folks!

Didn’t even know he was English. Thought he was just some myopic Scottish OF supporter... makes it almost worse tbh.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, TWF said:

Levein had the opportunity to buy Milinkovic for free and give him one of his 3/4 year contracts. CL considered that to be in breach of his budget. Instead went out and acquired a few freebies such as Damour and Washington, gave them 3/4 year contracts and cumulatively paid out more in wages than he was prepared to with Milinkovic. That was a waste of resources

Bit of revisionism going on here. Milinkovic and his agent used Hearts to get a deal at Hull, it had rock all to do with Levein.

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Honestly... the lack of ambition, and inability to see past the OF holds this country back so much.

You know your football.....

Not

13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Agree mate. It also holds Celtic and Rangers back cause they constantly sign players that stop trying or progressing due to them thinking they’ve made it. 

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You know your football.....

Not

You're just clueless tbh. Football, any other topic you’ve tried to contribute on... it’s like reading words typed out by a chimp, that have been stuffed through Google translate.

Oh, and the nineties want their “not” back.

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Agree mate. It also holds Celtic and Rangers back cause they constantly sign players that stop trying or progressing due to them thinking they’ve made it. 

Never even considered it from their point of view tbh. Every cloud, I suppose! 😄

2 hours ago, ExPatTam said:

Would he drop down a league? 

It's only for 27 games all going well.....👍

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You're just clueless tbh. Football, any other topic you’ve tried to contribute on... it’s like reading words typed out by a chimp, that have been stuffed through Google translate.

Oh, and the nineties want their “not” back.

You spend your life on here it's sad really. Sometimes I am anxious that I get my point across at once so don't really check it reads ok, but you got the drift Doof.

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You spend your life on here it's sad really. Sometimes I am anxious that I get my point across at once so don't really check it reads ok, but you got the drift Doof.

I don’t really give a shit tbh mate. You’re just some random username that pops up every so often trying to be a ***** to folk. Makes no odds to me what you do. 👍

The wages on offer at the OF dwarf whatever we could offer. I'm not saying don't try obviously, but the attitude issue posted further up isn't encouraging. 

Milinkovic would be a good signing. Known quantity that would tear up the Championship no end. 

Ainsley Harriott
34 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You are no mate Doof, so who is better than Jordan Jones ya halfwit.

I call it as I see it.

Eden Hazard

Footballs changed a lot over the years yet Scottish footballers continue to sacrifice their individual career blinded by the lights of the bigot brothers. Like the laddie Hastie at Motherwell this lad Jones was flying at Killie. Clearly only ever bought by Rangers to weaken any opposition not necessarily enhance their own team, this kind of signing has helped kill Scottish football for so long. Suggestion that our own young superstar may well follow the same path, albeit other side of town, is thoroughly depressing. You wish these kids would show a bit of loyalty and then ambition. Two or three years like he was enjoying and Jones would surely have attracted better than a kick about at Murray Park. 

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s not always easy to attract players of that quality to the Championship unfortunately. Hibs did it with McGinn though, we need to at least be trying.

They didn't really attract him - he had no other offers here. He was set to go to the States to join the league a level below the MLS until they stepped in. 

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

They didn't really attract him - he had no other offers here. He was set to go to the States to join the league a level below the MLS until they stepped in. 

Quite astonishing how well he’s done for himself tbh.