What u doin for tomorrow's scorcher

Masonic

Taking my son to a Rugby training course in Kendal in the morning and me and Mrs DR are going to Keswick for a run out, quite looking forward to it.

Weakened Offender
Just now, Tazio said:

I’ve been called into work for an off furlough day. ****ing typical. 

How does that work, if you don't mind me asking? 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

How does that work, if you don't mind me asking? 

Your employer has to pay the days wages as opposed to it being a furlough payment. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Your employer has to pay the days wages as opposed to it being a furlough payment. 

And can you resume being furloughed the next day? 

10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

And can you resume being furloughed the next day? 

Yep. The employer can opt to get people in for essential work that isn’t an ongoing process but I’d imagine it’s only up to a certain amount. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, His name is said:

I'm off work and planning on going to gullane beach. 

Good luck.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Yep. The employer can opt to get people in for essential work that isn’t an ongoing process but I’d imagine it’s only up to a certain amount. 

A day would do. Thanks for the info. 👍

Neil Dongcaster
32 minutes ago, jake said:

Working.

I read this completely wrong. Probably says more about my activities than yours!

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Few tinnies at Jackson’s farewell bbq 

Hope it's not him cooking or you'll likely end up with food poisoning

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I read this completely wrong. Probably says more about my activities than yours!

Sure your not the real doncaster?  🙂

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, Masonic said:

Might get my drink game on the go doon the water see how things go 

Back garden, gawin get bronzed up on a sun lounger:robboyas:

Governor Tarkin

8 yard skip to fill with earth and clay in the front yard before it's collected at 1pm. Back garden grass to cut and a spot of weeding, then heading down to the sister in law's new manor in the countryside near Heriot for mouth scorching chilli and as many tins of furlough juice as I can smash down before 9 o'clock ish.

The Internet

Working then going to home to watch some telly and await the news reports about how people on the beach were FLOUTING social distancing guidelines and leaving empty bottles of Stella everywhere. 

Working till 3, laptop off at 3 on the dot hopefully then sunbathing in the garden. One of my boys has football training at half six so no beer for me till 8ish unfortunately.

Jambo-Jimbo

This afternoon I'll be cooling down sitting  in the hot tub (on cool) drinking some ice cold Efes or Peroni.

Салатные палочки

Working from home :muggy:

Get to drop the bursd and the wee one at her mums for them to sit out the back door :muggy:

Don't finish until 4pm :muggy:

Unfortunately working but will get finished around 3 then up to the off licence a couple of bottles of ales and relax in the garden. 

then read the chat on here 😉

2 buses to Sighthill to pick up all my stuff from work ahead of an office move, then back to Mussy again.

Going to Berwick tonight for the weekend with my mate, and our ladies. Mine is working from home til 6 tonight sadly, so we won't get down there til gone 7. Just in time for the grey cloud. :) 

Lying on the beach having camped last night. Must only be about 10 other people here. Might go for a swim in a bit. Glorious day.

Roxy Hearts

Cut the grass, sit in the garden with Mrs RH, drink Raipur Gin with Fentimans Valencian Orange Tonic(beautiful), maybe have a couple of Moscow Mules and then finish with cider. Food? 😂

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Suns coming out now.

Golf clubs coming out now

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Nucky Thompson

I went out to work at the crack of dawn this morning so I could get finished early. 

I headed down to my caravan at 11am and the bypass was the busiest I've ever saw it, nose to tail from Baberton to Sheriffhall with just sheer volume of traffic.

Now I'm chilled sitting on my decking with a beer.

I need to keep coming inside every wee while as it's roasting

Roxy Hearts
33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

All your cares now they seem oh so far away.......

😂Tremendous song Jonno. Out of the Blue from my Avatar album. Enjoy your day with the family and dogs. Blast Roxy when you can! 

I spent the last 3 weeks working outside in Edinburgh now back at my London job for the first time since March and working inside. 36 

Shanks said no

Say on the terrace of the White Lady watching Police Scotland morons trying to  arrest a bursd from a car. 

Astonishing scenes, anyone who knows her I have pics / video of their performance

8 hours ago, Boof said:

Fecking overcast and windy here :(

Scorcher my erse :mad: 

Sun appeared around lunchtime - still blowing a hoolie. Warmishly, though.

Cut grass then stood in garden watching arctic terns diving for their tea.

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I went out to work at the crack of dawn this morning so I could get finished early. 

I headed down to my caravan at 11am and the bypass was the busiest I've ever saw it, nose to tail from Baberton to Sheriffhall with just sheer volume of traffic.

Now I'm chilled sitting on my decking with a beer.

I need to keep coming inside every wee while as it's roasting

you need to up your drinking rate. that way you will need a slash more regularly thus you will go inside to have a slash, avoid the sun for a short period and get a fresh cold beer from the fridge. all at the same time

been here before
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Say on the terrace of the White Lady watching Police Scotland morons trying to  arrest a bursd from a car. 

Astonishing scenes, anyone who knows her I have pics / video of their performance

I cycled past that tomfoolery about half two. Couple of polis vans, polis woman trying her best. Lassie in the white car with her hands on the wheel and a bag on the roof.

What was the story?

Pics and video if its easier... 🙂

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, been here before said:

I cycled past that tomfoolery about half two. Couple of polis vans, polis woman trying her best. Lassie in the white car with her hands on the wheel and a bag on the roof.

What was the story?

Pics and video if its easier... 🙂

Around 1410 the police pulled over a white Nissan Juke driven by a Female with badly dyed hair blonde hair. Directly in front of the White Lady. One PC approached the car and the driver was extremely animated. She continued to argue with the PC who was speaking to her through the passenger window.

the second older pc then joined him and he donned the rubber gloves. 

they then attempted to get her out of the car by physically dragging her into the west bound carriageway.She refused point blank and yelled she was pregnant. They backed off and called for assistance.

So we ended up with 2 meat wagons, a squad car and 6 police. After 45 minutes she was talked out of the car, cuffed and in the back of a wagon. Her Juke was driven round the corner and left there.

Great entertainment on a genteel Friday afternoon in Corstorphine. 

been here before
11 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Around 1410 the police pulled over a white Nissan Juke driven by a Female with badly dyed hair blonde hair. Directly in front of the White Lady. One PC approached the car and the driver was extremely animated. She continued to argue with the PC who was speaking to her through the passenger window.

the second older pc then joined him and he donned the rubber gloves. 

they then attempted to get her out of the car by physically dragging her into the west bound carriageway.She refused point blank and yelled she was pregnant. They backed off and called for assistance.

So we ended up with 2 meat wagons, a squad car and 6 police. After 45 minutes she was talked out of the car, cuffed and in the back of a wagon. Her Juke was driven round the corner and left there.

Great entertainment on a genteel Friday afternoon in Corstorphine. 

I was going to stop as it looked interesting but was in too much of a hurry.

Still though there are those who will tell you that street theatre is dead.

N Lincs Jambo

Not in good old Edinburgh town unfortunately but it hit 35C in N Lincs yesterday. Ended up down the local with daughter #2 (in age) while daughter #1 got pissed at home with her mate (christ they were wrecked 😂). Had a very nice pint or 3 of Orchard Thieves cider. Never seen it anywhere else but worth a try