Shock news - Jackson Carlaw resigns

Hairdryer

Sounds like he didn't want to be the one who lost all Davidson's gains, but in truth it will be Boris's fault...

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Back to flogging cars then 🚘

:lol:

He certainly looks the part.

Lady Ruth back on the hot seat for a bit. Lady Ruth, 🤣 Scottish people will like that. 

He got roasted by Sturgeon in First ministers questions. Totally made a tit of himself so wouldn’t be surprised if it was because of that.

note - I’m not bothered about any of it, but it was on the radio in the car and even I was like WTF

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Lady Ruth back on the hot seat for a bit. Lady Ruth, 🤣 Scottish people will like that. 

Well she wouldn't get away with Babe Ruth. 😉

Douglas Ross will become the leader, probably next week.

As a linesman, he is well prepared for the task: on the sidelines, following the man in the middle and rarely noticed. Definitely sounds like a Scottish Tory leader.

The Mooth is still an MSP, Edinburgh Central.

All the opposition parties in Scotland are in total disarray.

Perhaps not good for democracy as a strong opposition is needed to hold a sitting government to account and push them to be better.

But it's only the Tories so feck em.

jack D and coke

All the opposition used to have decent sorts. The conservatives seem to be suffering the same as Scottish Labour in appointing buffoon after utter buffoon. McLetchie and Goldie were both good and then like labour with Dewar, Mcleish etc have just went off a cliff. You think the next one must be better and they all turn out worse than before, the conservatives and labour have put up hilariously bad candidates in recent years. 
If Ruth Davidson takes it again or they don’t have anyone better then I honestly think the Union is done. She’s an absolutely tragic politician. The fact she’s now a peer is laughable. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

All the opposition used to have decent sorts. The conservatives seem to be suffering the same as Scottish Labour in appointing buffoon after utter buffoon. McLetchie and Goldie were both good and then like labour with Dewar, Mcleish etc have just went off a cliff. You think the next one must be better and they all turn out worse than before, the conservatives and labour have put up hilariously bad candidates in recent years. 
If Ruth Davidson takes it again or they don’t have anyone better then I honestly think the Union is done. She’s an absolutely tragic politician. The fact she’s now a peer is laughable. 

Spot on.

I had a lot of respect for these politicians you stated except for the last one.

SpruceBringsteen

From Captain Photo-op to the used car salesman to a lampooned linesman.

Who's next in line after Ross? A wee dug in a UJ bowtie?

manaliveits105

The only people I know who hate some of their Scottish countrymen are natsies who especially hate the elderly who they thought denied them Indy in 2014 - a generation ago 

Roxy Hearts
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The only people I know who hate some of their Scottish countrymen are natsies who especially hate the elderly who they thought denied them Indy in 2014 - a generation ago 

Most Scotland haters are UJ waving clowns, Nazi saluting cretins and deranged Sevco fans. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Most Scotland haters are UJ waving clowns, Nazi saluting cretins and deranged Sevco fans. 

:lol:

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He got roasted by Sturgeon in First ministers questions. Totally made a tit of himself so wouldn’t be surprised if it was because of that.

note - I’m not bothered about any of it, but it was on the radio in the car and even I was like WTF

Yeah.  I was watching it and she absolutely ragdolled him  - again.    Not a big SNP fan but it was good telly while it lasted!

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

From Captain Photo-op to the used car salesman to a lampooned linesman.

Who's next in line after Ross? A wee dug in a UJ bowtie?

Ruth Davidson faces having to go skinny dipping in Loch Ness after ...

Auditions underway

Full tongues

Enzo Chiefo

The entire place is a student union talking shop, full of hand wringing lefties. Yet another badly worded, vague, ill conceived piece of legislation about to come through parliament before eventually being dropped. Would it make a blind bit of difference to anyone if they closed Holyrood down?

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

😎

Roxy Hearts
22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The entire place is a student union talking shop, full of hand wringing lefties. Yet another badly worded, vague, ill conceived piece of legislation about to come through parliament before eventually being dropped. Would it make a blind bit of difference to anyone if they closed Holyrood down?

Yes, we would have the British forcing their policies upon us from people we didn't vote for. Boris Johnson an absolute clown and his government are brutal, who are also protected by the media. UK is too fragmented and is full of mistrust. Time to go our own way. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Good effort Enzo. 😄

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Doubt it but would save us billions which could be put to good use 

Ainsley Harriott

Was a terrible choice to begin with. Ruth made some good gains at the 2017 election then Jackson has pretty much undone her work. 

Ainsley Harriott
9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The first sentence could apply to The Scottish Parliament or Kickback to be fair.

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree with you in a way. Personally I’d be up for the next referendum putting everything on the line. An all or nothing decision. 
Yes we go indy and make our own path or No and we close the Scottish Parliament and accept we’re a region and not a country at all and take whatever comes our way for good. 
Everyone on both sides must be worn out with it all. Get it decided one way or the other.  

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Does anyone have a vid of this hypocrite's performance on 30th July? 

I'd quite like to see that too.  Saw it live but a rerun of his arse collapsing would be fun.

12 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I'd quite like to see that too.  Saw it live but a rerun of his arse collapsing would be fun.

I think this is it. 

Roxy Hearts
34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think this is it. 

Thanks matey. No wonder she's exasperated! How these unionist politicians can stick to their Westminster scripts is beyond all reason and shows how stupid they think the general public are! 

Konrad von Carstein
18 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

You are an utter buffoon.  Seriously get a grip, some orange gammon faced bigoted weirdos in George Square roaring "Republican scum" at all and sundry on the night of the independance vote kinda phuqs your statment out the water. Welt.

Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You are an utter buffoon.  Seriously get a grip, some orange gammon faced bigoted weirdos in George Square roaring "Republican scum" at all and sundry on the night of the independance vote kinda phuqs your statment out the water. Welt.

😂👍

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

While the Green Brigade, on the Indy side, apew out their anti-UK bile. The same supporters who,  I recall,  were  chanting in favour of the Argies during the Falklands War.

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

While the Green Brigade, on the Indy side, apew out their anti-UK bile. The same supporters who,  I recall,  were  chanting in favour of the Argies during the Falklands War.

Yeah!! Up the ra!!! That's what us indie supporters are all about... 🙄

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:greatpost:

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Thanks matey. No wonder she's exasperated! How these unionist politicians can stick to their Westminster scripts is beyond all reason and shows how stupid they think the general public are! 

And long, long may it continue because as long as they do that the more stuffed they are.  Unless the non Unionists change their London centric political stances the more the SNP win the day.

It does not matter a hoot who comes into the Tory Leadership seat in Scotland because they balls it up themselves with no help needed from the SNP.

The May elections next year will be a key indicator as to when the next Ref vote takes place.  The Scottish Tory party had to dump the car salesman now to try and limit the damage.

Roxy Hearts
19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Contemptible garbage! 

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Contemptible garbage! 

They are. But we still let them into Tynecastle