The awfulness of the running of the SPFL

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I saw this twitter thread and thought its worth posting. Apart from the terrible way they have handled our situation, as an organisation they are awful at marketing and maximising revenue for member clubs.

jamboinglasgow

Neil Doncaster is doing an awful job, the club owners are doing an awful job. I do feel for those who work at the SPFL in the lower roles as I think there is about 12 people, they are doing what they can with limited resources.

There needs a radical change in how Scottish football is run and marketed. 

The Old Tolbooth

Excellent, the bigger the feck up by those shoddy lot in making this possible, the less money for clubs, I'm all for starving them of cash through any means possible, but through SPFL sheer incompetence just makes it all the sweeter imo. 

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Neil Doncaster is doing an awful job, the club owners are doing an awful job. I do feel for those who work at the SPFL in the lower roles as I think there is about 12 people, they are doing what they can with limited resources.

There needs a radical change in how Scottish football is run and marketed. 

There does, but a certain club in the East end of Glasgow dont want that.

Take note that they are using BT facilities to market THEIR GAMES AND THEIR CLUB WORLDWIDE. They even scooped up the BT pundits.

The SPFL stood aside and let them get on with it. DONCASTER OUT NOW.

tokyowalnut

I've said it many times, as have others on here, but I hate Neil Doncaster. I'm not sure I actually hate anyone else, I feel that strongly about it. Looking at the job he does, it appears he does the absolute minimum possible. The lack of sponsorship should absolutely result in his removal, but all of the above really highlights that his £400k pa position is untenable. 

The man does nothing, literally nothing, to promote the game up here. A 30 second soundbite on Sky News does not count. 

He is deplorable, a money sucking Celtic puppet and a cretinous arsehole. I wish him nothing but bad fortune (not in a health way)!!

Edited by tokyowalnut

The question now is why are more people shying away from questioning the motives. 

I can remwmber when Barry hearn came up to have a look and basically laughed his arse off. Called us a tin pot mickey mouse organisation with zero understanding of the product we are I charge off. 

Now that was what 10 years ago. 

What's changed?? 

ToadKiller Dog

What sort of deals do celtic have in place for themselves in terms if marketing ?

Are they using their influence to deliberately strangle the spfl from growing ?.

Or is it just down to Doncaster just being totaly incompetent?

The clubs should really be scream for answers from Doncaster and the SPFL ,what the feck are they doing apart from celebrating punishing 3 of the member clubs ?

I know I've a bit of conspiracy theory ,I tend not to go down that road but I just can't believe the SPFL is so incompetent. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I saw this twitter thread and thought its worth posting. Apart from the terrible way they have handled our situation, as an organisation they are awful at marketing and maximising revenue for member clubs.

I wonder how much of a bonus Doncaster will get this year. I would love to see what if any his objectives are in any given year and how he fares in achieving them to justify these bonuses.

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

The question now is why are more people shying away from questioning the motives. 

I can remwmber when Barry hearn came up to have a look and basically laughed his arse off. Called us a tin pot mickey mouse organisation with zero understanding of the product we are I charge off. 

Now that was what 10 years ago. 

What's changed?? 

Its funny, was chatting with my father-in-law yesterday about Scottish football and he brought up that Barry Hearn talk, both of us were completely in agreement with it. The thing is that every single fan when they heard what he said probably thought he hit on the nail on head. Nothing changed from that which shows even when someone is telling you whats wrong with your product and how to fix it, they dont listen.

I just remember Reagan being asked for his thoughts afterwards (Hearn was talking at an SFA event on how to improve the game) and he just said they will take "action plans" for some things.

17 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

What sort of deals do celtic have in place for themselves in terms if marketing ?

Are they using their influence to deliberately strangle the spfl from growing ?.

Or is it just down to Doncaster just being totaly incompetent?

The clubs should really be scream for answers from Doncaster and the SPFL ,what the feck are they doing apart from celebrating punishing 3 of the member clubs ?

I know I've a bit of conspiracy theory ,I tend not to go down that road but I just can't believe the SPFL is so incompetent. 

You mean they don't want to take any potential backers away from Celtic.

With the massive issue of failure to get a sponsor added to all the other failures listed above, why can't the Scottish Supporters Group get the fans together and arrange for a major assault by thousands of fans on the SPFL management and, in particular, that smug barsteward of a CEO by setting up, in conjunction with three or four of the many disgruntled club owners/chairmen a resolution on no confidence in the SPFL. I do realise that the Celtic cabal and certain others would not back it but I'm certain Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen, Partick Thistle, Stranraer, ICT, Falkirk Kelty, Brora, and others would be right behind it.

Borders Jambo
54 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I've said it many times, as have others on here, but I hate Neil Doncaster. I'm not sure I actually hate anyone else, I feel that strongly about it. Looking at the job he does, it appears he does the absolute minimum possible. The lack of sponsorship should absolutely result in his removal, but all of the above really highlights that his £400k pa position is untenable. 

The man does nothing, literally nothing, to promote the game up here. A 30 second soundbite on Sky News does not count. 

He is deplorable, a money sucking Celtic puppet and a cretinous arsehole. I wish him nothing but bad fortune (not in a health way)!!

This is where I am as well.  This man earns over £400k and surely cannot be achieving his objectives aside from the one relating to his masters achieving 10 in a row.

Like others have said, I hope the streaming of games is a complete fiasco and costs the SPL clubs money.  How we can't have a national football streaming service at a unified price (£20 to watch Livingston FFS) is beyond me and should be simple to achieve   

Sad thing is imagine getting amazon or Netflix Facebook or Google to front it as a test campaign for them. 

Think of the interest it would generate. 

When is the hearts documentary coming out. That will be box office

We are only here to provide venues for Celtic and Rangers to play out their kiddie on hate fest two team league.

47 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

This is where I am as well.  This man earns over £400k and surely cannot be achieving his objectives aside from the one relating to his masters achieving 10 in a row.

Like others have said, I hope the streaming of games is a complete fiasco and costs the SPL clubs money.  How we can't have a national football streaming service at a unified price (£20 to watch Livingston FFS) is beyond me and should be simple to achieve   

Who sets his objectives/does he have any?

£400k for one of the most piss easy jobs in the world.

I said it on Kickback earlier today. We have two months to check all the other clubs and make sure our PPV system is set at a decent price with a proper quality product on show. The main stand has a proper studio in it, couple of ex Hearts players as guests..

Ricardo Quaresma

Incompetence on that scale has to be deliberate; nobody can be that bad accidentally

4 hours ago, Simmo said:

With the massive issue of failure to get a sponsor added to all the other failures listed above, why can't the Scottish Supporters Group get the fans together and arrange for a major assault by thousands of fans on the SPFL management and, in particular, that smug barsteward of a CEO by setting up, in conjunction with three or four of the many disgruntled club owners/chairmen a resolution on no confidence in the SPFL. I do realise that the Celtic cabal and certain others would not back it but I'm certain Hearts, Rangers, Aberdeen, Partick Thistle, Stranraer, ICT, Falkirk Kelty, Brora, and others would be right behind it.

Scottish football fans showed by their lack of support towards Hearts and Partick Thistle that they believe dungcaster is doing a great job, most chairmen of Scottish football clubs also seem to be fully behind him, hell mend them when it's their turn to cross the snake

gorgie rd eh11

The SPFL are a shambles, but as long as clubs, their fans and the Scottish football media are happy to look no further than the end of their noses it won't change. Doncaster has made a complete **** of this lying and covering up to push through 9iar. That's got him the backing of the short sighted halfwits up here.

Benny Factor
4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Incompetence on that scale has to be deliberate; nobody can be that bad accidentally

That's not incompetence, it's complete dishonesty.