Songs you hate and why

Marvin

The Real Maroonblood
20 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Annies Song by John Denver and Until its time for you to go by Buffe St Marie. Saccharin nonsense.

Flower of Scotland is a racist dirge. Not much time for the Hearts song either. Or Hearts of Glory  - another dirge.

Hearts season ticket holder for over 50 years BTW

FoS a racist song.

:rofl:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• JudyJudyJudy

• Auld Reekin'

• ri Alban

21 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Annies Song by John Denver and Until its time for you to go by Buffe St Marie. Saccharin nonsense.

Flower of Scotland is a racist dirge. Not much time for the Hearts song either. Or Hearts of Glory  - another dirge.

What's wrong with The Hearts Song and Hearts of glory, that makes it a dirge? As for The flower of Scotland being racist. Which race would that be? And which part makes it racist? 

Is GSTQ racist or xenophobic (anti Scottish) ? You know the verse that has officially (cough) been removed. 

What's worse? Crushin' Scots or saving your country from invaders? 

Anyway, I'd rather have Scots wha hae as the national anthem. 

Edited by ri Alban

I P Knightley
On 02/08/2020 at 09:29, GinRummy said:

Everybody Hurts by REM is just so depressing. Anything by that Captain or major in the army guy, who was popular a few years ago. A song called Lemon Tree, which was being played absolutely everywhere when I was on holiday in Goa then Thailand many years ago. 

I can't be arsed with folk who pretend they don't know the name of the victims of their ire. 

That poster who sounds like poker or canasta or something? He's the worst. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 30/07/2020 at 11:14, CF11JamTart said:

Come On Eileen.

Im glad it's not just me that hates this song.

7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I can't be arsed with folk who pretend they don't know the name of the victims of their ire. 

That poster who sounds like poker or canasta or something? He's the worst. 

😂😂 I could have looked him up but genuinely couldn’t remember his name. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The theme tune from the film Flash by Queen. We now have to suffer a version promoting a cleaning product with the same name on the telly, it's too much for my ears and sanity!

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The theme tune from the film Flash by Queen. We now have to suffer a version promoting a cleaning product with the same name on the telly, it's too much for my ears and sanity!

I love that song.  Its amazing.  Love the dialogue...." what do you mean Flash Gordon approaching. " !! LOL 

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I love that song.  Its amazing.  Love the dialogue...." what do you mean Flash Gordon approaching. " !! LOL 

:spoton:The films so shite, I love it! :D

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:The films so shite, I love it! :D

Yes it is rank but great at the same time.  Max Von Sydow was a legend. 

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

20 minutes to save the world.

😄

I'll dae it in 5!

🦸

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll dae it in 5!

🦸

Just gies 2 minures to sort the flashing on this dormer first...

Lone Striker
On 02/08/2020 at 23:06, jambos are go! said:

Made him lots of money, but he must surely have been a bit embarrassed that he left Annie (his wife) for some young Asian girl  only a few years after releasing such a vivid love song for her.  

Edited by Lone Striker

Lone Striker

Absolutely anything by the Cranberries.  God, that singer girl who died a year or two back had THE  most annoying voice. 😱 

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It might be a good song but to me it is too theatrical like a lot of Queens stuff. The film was Flash Gordon right enough. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2020 at 22:08, Lone Striker said:

Absolutely anything by the Cranberries.  God, that singer girl who died a year or two back had THE  most annoying voice. 😱 

Correct. Can't stand them.

In fact, has Ireland produced any decent music? Can think of the Undertones, David Holmes and the Divine Comedy, other than that I'm struggling...

Lone Striker
34 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

In fact, has Ireland produced any decent music? Can think of the Undertones, David Holmes and the Divine Comedy, other than that I'm struggling...

U2 are decent .... some Ronan Keating  stuff is surprisingly good too.  Other than that, I'm struggling too ..... 🙂  

On 31/07/2020 at 11:16, JWL said:

Lay All Your Love On Me and The Day Before You Came are excellent tunes. 

Certainly ballsy to release a pop single with no chorus. The Winner Takes It All is a brilliant song.

I've not seen Sweet Home Alabama mentioned yet. Can't stand it.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Stiff Little Fingers and The Fontanes DC

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

You've listed acts from the north so add Van Morrison to that list as well. Head south and Rory Gallagher and Thin Lizzy pop up. 

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

Stiff Little Fingers and The Fontanes DC

Van Morrison & Thin Lizzy would be another two, from a bit further back.

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

You've listed acts from the north so add Van Morrison to that list as well. Head south and Rory Gallagher and Thin Lizzy pop up. 

:icon14:

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Van Morrison & Thin Lizzy would be another two, from a bit further back.

👍

I'd also add Therapy?.  Still producing very good albums and have an absolute classic in Troublegum.

Auld Reekin'
Just now, frankblack said:

👍

I'd also add Therapy?.  Still producing very good albums and have an absolute classic in Troublegum.

Yep, had forgotten they're Irish. Haven't knowingly heard anything by them, I've got to say: grungy and heavily influenced by Nirvana / Foo Fighters and the like, I believe? (Might be talking shite there though...   :ermm:  )

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Yep, had forgotten they're Irish. Haven't knowingly heard anything by them, I've got to say: grungy and heavily influenced by Nirvana / Foo Fighters and the like, I believe? (Might be talking shite there though...   :ermm:  )

More influenced by bands that influenced Nirvana like Husker Du.  They released their first records at around the same time as Nirvana.

Edited by frankblack

Auld Reekin'
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

More influenced by bands that influenced Nirvana like Husker Du.  They released their first records at around the same time as Nirvana.

Right - gotcha. 

Anyone heard WAP? I’m no prude, far from it, but to describe it as ‘despicable filth that should cause women to lose the right to vote’ would be generous

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

👍

Defo. I loved Screamager when it came out.

been here before
1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Anyone heard WAP? I’m no prude, far from it, but to describe it as ‘despicable filth that should cause women to lose the right to vote’ would be generous

Who or what are WAP?

Asking for those less down wiv the kids than I am obviously.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

I'd never heard of them but, yes, the video I watched* purely for research purposes was absolutely deplorable. No, no... really... do not, under any circumstances, watch it, even if scantily-clad women gyrating suggestively and provocatively is your thing.

I've only attached a link to it so that you know what to avoid, in case you should ever come across it :o by accident:

(*Disclaimer: I made very sure I didn't have to listen to it, so I can make no comments whatsoever about the song itself or its lyrical content. :thumbsup: )

Edited by Auld Reekin'

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Dana.

:P

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Who or what are WAP?

Asking for those less down wiv the kids than I am obviously.

An acronym for “Wet Ass Pussy” where Cardi B explicitly spells out the lewd things she wants a man to do to her. Lapped up by the masses of wee lassies who think they’re “liberated” or “brave” by singing along to it.

Awful stuff really.

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I'd never heard of them but, yes, the video I watched* purely for research purposes was absolutely deplorable. No, no... really... do not, under any circumstances, watch it, even if scantily-clad women gyrating suggestively and provocatively is your thing.

I've only attached a link to it so that you know what to avoid, in case you should ever come across it :o by accident:

(*Disclaimer: I made very sure I didn't have to listen to it, so I can make no comments whatsoever about the song itself or its lyrical content. :thumbsup: )

Ive been known to dabble with it, but alas being over 14, it doesn’t do a lot for me. I’ve not watched the video, nor do I plan to despite the helpful link. Ive read the lyrics however and it’s probably just as bad as you’d expect.

Heres a few snippets

“Extra large and extra hard
Put this pussy right in your face
Swipe your nose like a credit card”

“I wanna gag, I wanna choke
I want you to touch that lil' dangly thing that swing in the back of my throat“

I’m sure you get the picture...

15 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Heres a few snippets

Pure poetry 😅

Auld Reekin'
26 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Ive been known to dabble with it, but alas being over 14, it doesn’t do a lot for me. I’ve not watched the video, nor do I plan to despite the helpful link. Ive read the lyrics however and it’s probably just as bad as you’d expect.

Heres a few snippets

More than 4 decades over 14 myself, but still a big fan of naked / semi-naked women - not quite lost interest yet, but I daresay the day might come...   :whistling:   (Another 4 decades maybe?  :huh: )

As I mentioned, I took the very sensible precaution of not listening to the song - an increasingly wise move with much of today's popular music - but thanks for the extracts anyway. (And - yep, I agree, they're puerile in the extreme. Not going to let it spoil my day though!  :thumbsup:   )

17 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

More than 4 decades over 14 myself, but still a big fan of naked / semi-naked women - not quite lost interest yet, but I daresay the day might come...   :whistling:   (Another 4 decades maybe?  :huh: )

As I mentioned, I took the very sensible precaution of not listening to the song - an increasingly wise move with much of today's popular music - but thanks for the extracts anyway. (And - yep, I agree, they're puerile in the extreme. Not going to let it spoil my day though!  :thumbsup:   )

I’m only at 1. Don’t get me wrong, scantily clad women is still very much pleasing on the eye (depending on the woman ofc). But there’s a point where chucking ***** at the camera is a bit strong 😂

Luckily enough, unlike my other contributions to this thread, I doubt this one will be making it onto the playlist at my work.

Now I just need to avoid hearing the Mrs playing it...

On 02/08/2020 at 16:17, doctor jambo said:

Angels by Robbie Williams,

it angers me that he has reproduced

Especially live when he gets the crowd to join in because he cannot hit the notes of his own song.

Imagine by Lennon and loads of McCartney stuff as well.

I P Knightley

Mike Oldfield - Moonlight Shadow.

"4am in the morning." FFS! Course it's in the morning, otherwise it would be 4pm. Nugget.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just heard a song on the radio that brought back memories of how bland music always seems to be played as background music in a lot of retailers, clothes shops especially. 

Sing it Back by Moloko is one of those boring songs that just drag on and on with repetitive lyrics that make you glad when they finally, at long last fade out.

Anything by Scouting for Girls.

If any of their so called “songs” comes on the radio I am compelled to switch stations temporarily.

No their band has this effect on me.

Talentless, repetitive, bland pop jobbies.

Sunshine on Leith. Just because.

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler. There was a period where every ned in Edinburgh played it on their phone constantly. Just grinds me down.

Kelis - Milkshake. The most overused song in history. Every ****ing film with someone in a bikini, and that plays. Kelis is actually a talented artist, and I like a lot of her songs, but that one I could never go out my way to listen to.

47 minutes ago, Locky said:

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler. There was a period where every ned in Edinburgh played it on their phone constantly. Just grinds me down.

Kelis - Milkshake. The most overused song in history. Every ****ing film with someone in a bikini, and that plays. Kelis is actually a talented artist, and I like a lot of her songs, but that one I could never go out my way to listen to.

Listen to this version, and see what you think...

been here before
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Was there?

Why was that then. Kennys never really struck me as one for the Stone Island (in the stream) set. Was it in some edgy gangsta film?

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Listen to this version, and see what you think...

I much prefer that version. Had no idea the Supergrass lads had done this. :lol: