Songs you hate and why

Marvin

Auld Reekin'
40 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I'm with you on that one. Cannot abide them. Never could.

It doesn't help that people down here assume that,  being Scottish, "500 miles" must be my favourite song.

Then they say... but what about the harmonies?  Screw that... if I want harmonies,  I'll listen to  the Evs. 

As far as I'm concerned,  there's only one pair of Reid siblings worth bothering about.

jmc.jpg

:icon14:

Don't actually mind The Proclaimers that much: there are and have been a lot worse than them kicking around. (That doesn't mean they're not ugly, speccy, dwarf-shaggin', h1b5 erseholes though!)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• JudyJudyJudy

• Auld Reekin'

• ri Alban

3 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall or any other song that seems to have a children's choir in it!

I like the song but I agree with you 100% about the children’s choir verse I hate that bit as well.

Edited by One five

4 hours ago, rael11 said:

We Built This City, The Final Countdown and anything by Bon Jovi. And Deacon Blue. 

I'll give you Deacon Blue, Starship and Bon Jovi, they are utter shite, but the Final Countdown has one of the finest guitar solos ever. 

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall or any other song that seems to have a children's choir in it!

Never Forget is a classic. The choir input works well. 

giphy.gif&ehk=pqhWraSYOdzcRxsCNoQTnG92u6

Elton John's Pinball wizard. Utter pish compared to The Who. Why they let hi do it, I'll never know. 

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

23 years here, got an 18 yo son.

Never even discussed marriage.

🤭

My mate who occasionally posts, his lad is 21 and like you, he's living as married. Don't even know if it's been discussed. 

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

My mate who occasionally posts, his lad is 21 and like you, he's living as married. Don't even know if it's been discussed. 

She'll need to get divorced first.:naughty:

7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh and " Billy don't be a hero " bile 

Pretty sure Terry Jacks was number one immediately after Paper Lace.

Spring ‘74 was indeed a maudlin time!

Folk that take a song and just sing it slowly with an acoustic guitar...........**** off!!!!

Power of Love by Jennifer Rush 

I Just Called To Say I Love You By Stevie Wonder (Stevie - why did you do it, why?)

Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh.

I hate them because they are s***e.

Shanks said no

I was struggling to come up with songs I hated and then Kate Bush came on the radio, her voice just goes right through me. 

Also associate her with a female that I parted very un-amicably with.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I was struggling to come up with songs I hated and then Kate Bush came on the radio, her voice just goes right through me. 

Listen to the lyrics on this belter, up there with the worst.

been here before

Theres loads, a few of which have already been mentioned but more recently this crock of warbling, hipster pish...

...its ****in brutal.

And I know its not going to be popular but that Frightened Rabbit version of the Hearts Song was awful.

Edited by been here before

Lone Striker
40 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Anything by that utter roaster Ed Sheeran. 

Yep, agree ...... and add Lewis Capaldi to that as well.   Whats this sudden craze for mumbling  solo vocal dirges  all about ?     

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That shite by Journey and its X Factor Bollox covers. 

Agree.......................this is funny though

3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ah cmon she had a few classics.

Unique  as well.always thought she was very easy to listen to.

Speaking as a punk who listened to some shit/still listens to some shit 🙂

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Tott said:

Ah cmon she had a few classics.

Unique  as well.always thought she was very easy to listen to.

Speaking as a punk who listened to some shit/still listens to some shit 🙂

Yep, I found her very easy to - ahem - "listen to" as well...   :greggy:

c738a03bb1ef314cae7f16ccd262c55f.jpg

KateBushP91F6websize-1.jpg

kate-bush-5a16ca41-b9ae-4577-8285-529c7c

Absolutely anything by those ham shankers The Pet Shop Boys and Chris Rea Driving Home For Christmas. Sh!t Sh!t Sh!t....ad infintum

9 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

And I'd eat her cold sick

16 hours ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

Live and Let Die

Both versions

Don't know why, just rips my knitting

Guns and Roses version is actually not bad. Imo of course.

Also I think Come on Eileen (mentioned earlier) is alright, maybe because it's a song which has stuck in my mind since I was 8 years old or there abouts. 

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, FWJ said:

Pretty sure Terry Jacks was number one immediately after Paper Lace.

Spring ‘74 was indeed a maudlin time!

Heard a lot worse, clive dunn with grandad comes to mind.

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Folk that take a song and just sing it slowly with an acoustic guitar...........**** off!!!!

That Gonzales **** destroyed The Knife's Heartbeats.

The ******* should've been wrapped to a concrete fence post with chicken wire and dumped in the North Sea.

:seething:

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s Christmas!!!

GTF Noddy Holder

This.

Absolute shite.

I still get instant nausea on hearing Communards ubiquitous Don't Leave me This Way shite. The Reverend Coles tinkling the ivories as that wee baldy falsetto and over painted female jump about. If ever a vaudeville hook was needed it was for that lot.  

Super Trouper by ABBA. Now, whilst never a fan, you can't say that ABBA didn't make decent 3 minute pop songs and a couple, Lay All Your Love On Me and The Day Before You Came are excellent tunes. Super Trouper though, is absolute shite, Room 101 for that pile of steaming excrement.

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

She turned 62 yesterday.

skinnybob72

Anything by Pink - utter shite, just a noise. 

Can’t put Forth 1 on in the car because they play Pink about every 20 minutes all day every day. Should be called Pink 1 FM. 

On 30/07/2020 at 17:04, Craig_ said:

I'll give you Deacon Blue, Starship and Bon Jovi, they are utter shite, but the Final Countdown has one of the finest guitar solos ever. 

Classic

Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses makes me want to punch myself in the face. It just seems to have that effect on me. 

Pretty much anything by Coldplay is awful. 

If you wanted to torture someone, I think playing Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader, maybe 3 times, would be enough for them to break. 

Everything is changing by that wank band Keane? 🤔 Horrible. 

Pretty much anything played on Heart Radio. 

Edited by Cruyff

Working in a supermarket, all I hear every day is a constant mix of vanilla, beige, namby pamby, shite that appeals to either, hipster wankfaces or people born before 1960. So here’s a selection...

Perfect by Ed Sheeran, weepy shite that actually sends me into a deep, hateful ****ing rage. If it wasn’t bad enough to hear it once, there’s a duet with Beyoncé (double rage) that gives the ****ers the right to think they can play it again as it’s a different song. If both versions are out the way early enough into my 8 hour shift, I can get lucky enough to have yet another listen.

Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry

Wow by Kylie Minogue

Senorita by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello

The rest of Shawn Mendes’ discography

Anything by the Beach Boys with a special mention for Good Vibrations

Luckily the evil overlords don’t seem to have discovered Coldplay, so that’s something.

Apart from that: most Calvin Harris songs, anything by the Beatles as a band or collective that isn’t Hey Jude, anything by ABBA, Mr ****ing Blue Sky and I’m sure many more that I’ve tried to block out.

Oh and someone mentioned Mr Brightside by the Killers, that one can gtf as well

Auld Reekin'
9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

She turned 62 yesterday.

Yep, well even though I'm nearly as old as her, that makes me feel even older than I am, or than I feel (if that makes sense, which it probably doesn't...   :ermm: ). Anyway, absolutely would've then, and I daresay still would now.   :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Pretty much anything by Coldplay is awful. 

Everyone I know agrees, so that being the case, why are they so bloody popular? :wacko:

8 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Wow by Kylie Minogue

What has Kylie :wub: ever done to you? (tbf not heard Wow)

54 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What has Kylie :wub: ever done to you? (tbf not heard Wow)

Don’t get me wrong Marv, Kylie is a fine lass. There’s just something about that song though, hearing it 5 days a week since last August might have something to do with it 

On 31/07/2020 at 09:48, JackLadd said:

I still get instant nausea on hearing Communards ubiquitous Don't Leave me This Way shite. The Reverend Coles tinkling the ivories as that wee baldy falsetto and over painted female jump about. If ever a vaudeville hook was needed it was for that lot.  

Classic tune. Harold Melvin's version is outstanding. 

On 31/07/2020 at 01:02, EH11_2NL said:

Absolutely anything by those ham shankers The Pet Shop Boys and Chris Rea Driving Home For Christmas. Sh!t Sh!t Sh!t....ad infintum

I'm surprised you've not included Erasure in that. :laugh: Actually they were not bad, saw them live back in '92 at the SECC. 

2 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Don’t get me wrong Marv, Kylie is a fine lass. There’s just something about that song though, hearing it 5 days a week since last August might have something to do with it 

TBH its the same with Televised Mind in my op. Fontaines DC aren't too bad but when the same song is played over and over again every fecking day, as you say you grow to hate it,

On 30/07/2020 at 15:11, Costanza said:

I quite like that song in comparison to their earlier stuff, which was just typical Steve Lamacq approved Indie.

My most hated song of all time is Dancing In The Moonlight by Toploader but then that is just clearly sh1te.

American Pie by Don McLean also grinds my gears, possibly from having mates who played it loads when I was

younger and it being seen as an accepted classic,  when it's just an irritating extended piece of absolute w*nk.

Also, the Grease mega mix as a nadir of school discos (even worse than Black Lace).

I don't completely hate this as they're my favourite band but Jetstream by New Order is awful, was embarrassing watching them hawk that around TV shows as a single and I still find it pretty much unlistenable.

Just for you..

::troll::

For the record I actually like it,

+1 for any of these so called "singer songwriters" who are glorified buskers with songs that all sound the same.

I used to think these people got booked as support acts at gigs because they only had to plug in their acoustic guitar.

The only conclusion I have is that these people have no mates and can't form a proper band.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Just for you..

::troll::

For the record I actually like it,

Ha. At least you didn't post the Madonna version!

JudyJudyJudy
On 31 July 2020 at 11:16, JWL said:

Super Trouper by ABBA. Now, whilst never a fan, you can't say that ABBA didn't make decent 3 minute pop songs and a couple, Lay All Your Love On Me and The Day Before You Came are excellent tunes. Super Trouper though, is absolute shite, Room 101 for that pile of steaming excrement.

Yes " the day before you came "!9/ underated gem. Abba at their most mournful 

JudyJudyJudy

Can't understand the negativity regarding Kate Bush . She's exceptional . Challenging , interesting lycrics and music . Her " 50 words for snow " is incredible . Love her whacky  " hounds of love " one too and " sat on your lap" 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Classic tune. Harold Melvin's version is outstanding. 

Thelma Houstons even better