Songs you hate and why

Marvin

With working from home since March (and hospitalisation) I have been listening to Radio 6. However at least 3 or 4 times in my working day I've noticed they insist on playing Televised Mind by Fontaine DC. I've heard it that often, I now switch off when it is played. Hate it even, it's not even that good a song. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• JudyJudyJudy

• Auld Reekin'

• ri Alban

Салатные палочки

I quite like Fontaines DC. 

Anyway. I have two that really get me quite angry when they come on the radio. 

First one is Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars. The most over-produced beige shite ever released. 

Second one is Blurred Lines by old man Robin Thicke. Utter, utter shite. I mean look at the lyrics. 

Good girl
I know you want it
I know you want it
I know you want it
You're a good girl
Can't let it get past me
You're far from plastic
Talk about getting blasted

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby.

When the song first came out, a woman in the local pub would put it on the juke box constantly. I think you got 5 songs for a pound and there were times where she would put it on 2 or 3 times. 

Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger 

Brutal song that simply gives me the rage as soon as I hear it.

Stuart Lyon

Year of the cat by Al Stewart. Played repeatedly at our holiday hotel in Santa Ponsa! Must have heard it about 50 times over the fortnight.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That ****ing Reef song! 

They dug a hole for themselves making that a jingle for Chris Evans' Big Breakfast (or was it TFI Friday?).

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They dug a hole for themselves making that a jingle for Chris Evans' Big Breakfast (or was it TFI Friday?).

No idea. I just absolutely hate that durge they released that everyone seems to go mad for.

Utter shite.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Year of the cat by Al Stewart. Played repeatedly at our holiday hotel in Santa Ponsa! Must have heard it about 50 times over the fortnight.

Great song but I think any song in the world would become hateable if played so frequently.

I didn't like Calvin Harris song Feels and then I saw the video so I now hate it.

Салатные палочки
28 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Was that not the Riverboat Song? 

I P Knightley
11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Was that not the Riverboat Song? 

That was the theme tune but they also had "It's your letters" which Reef adapted from a song whose title I can't remember.

JudyJudyJudy

" Seasons in the sun " Terry Jacks . Thoroughly depressing  and maudlin .    " lonely this Christmas " - Mudd - see above .     😱 

CF11JamTart

I am verging on  depeche mode obsessive, but i loathe "Just can't get enough" when it gets framed as a Celtic song. God knows how that came around.

14 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Come On Eileen.

I fecking hate that song. And any Bob Geldoff pish anaw. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

" Seasons in the sun " Terry Jacks . Thoroughly depressing  and maudlin .    " lonely this Christmas " - Mudd - see above .     😱 

Although I like these song I totally get your views on them.

I P Knightley
33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I fecking hate that song. And any Bob Geldoff pish anaw. 

Can't agree with that. Tonic for the Troops is a great album which I re-listened to a few weeks ago. And he managed a couple of good songs solo (Room 19 and The Great Song of Indifference come to mind.)

As a personality, though...

3fingersreid

Every single proclaimers song , not because their hibs fans * but because their singing is pish

*might have a bit to do with it 

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

That was the theme tune but they also had "It's your letters" which Reef adapted from a song whose title I can't remember.

Raise Your Hands I think is their original song.

Geddyalexneil

I do remember we used to sing a version of "Seasons in the sun" at one time.

Something along the lines of "we had joy we had fun fun, we had hibees on the run, the fun didn't last cause the bast##ds ran too fast".

Not a song I liked much but I did sing our version whenever it kicked in.

Салатные палочки

This could easily go in the annoying adverts thread but that song from the TSB advert, I have just found the guys name is Aron Wright. Mumbling, boring shite. His voice disappears at the end of each line so you can barely here what he is singing, as if he is too overcome with emotion. 

Unknown user

Beyonce Put a ring on it.

A song with no music, shite.

I got asked if I could play it recently. Yes, I can sit and do nothing, took me ages to learn.

(Also, was at a wedding on Saturday and when people found out I've been with the Mrs 14 years without getting married they started giving me that shit. ****. Off.)

Oh, and every thought Keane ever had.

5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby.

When the song first came out, a woman in the local pub would put it on the juke box constantly. I think you got 5 songs for a pound and there were times where she would put it on 2 or 3 times.

30 years ago Orange Crush by REM.would get played to death in Grryfriars Bobby bar and as a result I started to dislike a band that never really bothered me.

Edited by Marvin

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

I am verging on  depeche mode obsessive, but i loathe "Just can't get enough" when it gets framed as a Celtic song. God knows how that came around.

You might like this version 😁

luckyBatistuta

Anything by Beyoncé or Mariah Carey, total warbling shite. Change stations the second any of their songs come on.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anything by Beyoncé or Mariah Carey, total warbling shite. Change stations the second any of their songs come on.

I hope you change to Classic FM.

😉

52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Beyonce Put a ring on it.

A song with no music, shite.

I got asked if I could play it recently. Yes, I can sit and do nothing, took me ages to learn.

(Also, was at a wedding on Saturday and when people found out I've been with the Mrs 14 years without getting married they started giving me that shit. ****. Off.)

Oh, and every thought Keane ever had.

A friend from Granton square got married after being with his girlfriend for (not four) years. They thought "feck it, we'll get married. 12 months later, they can't stand the site of each other. My advice is, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

A friend from Granton square got married after being with his girlfriend for (not four) years. They thought "feck it, we'll get married. 12 months later, they can't stand the site of each other. My advice is, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

It didn't help that I was the designated driver, do you know how annoying drunk folk are all day and night once they get a single piece of patter into their head?

She is a smasher though, one of these days!

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I could do a lot on this.

Any ABBA song would fall into it, especially Dancing Queen,

However, the one that really gets me is “i will survive’,. Objectively its not a bad song, however, in my experience any time its played drunken women seem to think it’s their own personal anthem.

Abba are ace, 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It didn't help that I was the designated driver, do you know how annoying drunk folk are all day and night once they get a single piece of patter into their head?

I can guess, I am one of those annoying people you mentioned :laugh:

Edited by Marvin

Bunny Munro

Anything by Gerry Cinnamon, normally if you are a singer/songwriter you have talent in at least one area.

George Ezra, his voice grates on me, same for any Iron Maiden with Bruce Dickinson singing🤮

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Joe Dolce , Shaddap you😏 face, worst song ever.

Whats-a-matter with it?

Tommy Brown
16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

23 years here, got an 18 yo son.

Never even discussed marriage.

🤭

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

Come On Eileen.

1 hour ago, rael11 said:

We Built This City, The Final Countdown and anything by Bon Jovi. And Deacon Blue. 

44 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall or any other song that seems to have a children's choir in it!

Great shouts here.

There're so many I could be posting all day, but some particular low-lights for me are:

Bohemian Rhapsody: overblown, overbearing, over-produced, aural-indigestion-inducing, unlistenable, shite. The only good thing about it is that a reaction against it helped bring punk about.

MacArthur Park: Richard Harris should've stuck to being a great actor. Deeply annoying song, with deeply irritating lyrics. Hated it from the very first time I heard it. I don't know what Jimmy Webb was on at the time, or what was going through his head, as he was / is otherwise a fantastic songwriter.

Send In The Clowns: Deeply annoying song, with deeply irritating lyrics. ("Send in the clowns...don't bother they're here...") Well why bother writing the feckin' song then, ya 6@5+@<9!!!!!

Samuel Camazzola

Loch Lomond by Runrig. Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! 

Hated it played at Hampden and if anyone had it played at a function, they were judged! 

Shit, cringey and a just dirge! 

Now awaiting a certain poster to enlighten us about Craig David's Seven Days...😄 

Oh were do I start. Guys that play in bands on here will know where I'm coming from so here goes.

Deacon Blue...Dignity, Real Gone Kid.

Come together.. Beatles.

ABBA ...usual standards

Van Morrison...Brown eyed girl

I have played all the above more times than I care to remember. Some of them are not bad songs but I just got really, really!! sick of them, night after night....😫😫 .There are many more but I just get the fear thinking about it.. 😁😁

Edited by micole

CF11JamTart
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Every single proclaimers song , not because their hibs fans * but because their singing is pish

*might have a bit to do with it 

I'm with you on that one. Cannot abide them. Never could.

It doesn't help that people down here assume that,  being Scottish, "500 miles" must be my favourite song.

Then they say... but what about the harmonies?  Screw that... if I want harmonies,  I'll listen to  the Evs. 

As far as I'm concerned,  there's only one pair of Reid siblings worth bothering about.

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

With working from home since March (and hospitalisation) I have been listening to Radio 6. However at least 3 or 4 times in my working day I've noticed they insist on playing Televised Mind by Fontaine DC. I've heard it that often, I now switch off when it is played. Hate it even, it's not even that good a song. 

I quite like that song in comparison to their earlier stuff, which was just typical Steve Lamacq approved Indie.

My most hated song of all time is Dancing In The Moonlight by Toploader but then that is just clearly sh1te.

American Pie by Don McLean also grinds my gears, possibly from having mates who played it loads when I was

younger and it being seen as an accepted classic,  when it's just an irritating extended piece of absolute w*nk.

Also, the Grease mega mix as a nadir of school discos (even worse than Black Lace).

I don't completely hate this as they're my favourite band but Jetstream by New Order is awful, was embarrassing watching them hawk that around TV shows as a single and I still find it pretty much unlistenable.