Infighting in SPFL already

carnockjambo

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

We should start a ****ing breakaway league.
Budge has the business acumen to get the right people in to market it and sell it hard.
Promote every club within it, big up every head-to-head, every derby match.
Market those matches.
Market the clubs and league on the history, the competitive nature of the game etc. 
Stream matches.
Record all matches so all fans can watch their full matches later in the week on, I dunno, try Amazon prime or someone modern and progressive.
Get proper pundits in, in-depth analysis and also different magazine shows too on other aspects of the game.
Sell these packages abroad.  
Get James Anderson to have Ballie Gifford sponsor it based on the values enshrined into the league constitution.
Set rules on using youth players, set up national academies and a draft system.
Promote the youth players. Provide education and professionalism lessons including health, dieatary etc.
Consider the fans first and foremost. 
Open plazas like in the US or Germany selling street food. 
We could probably even have booze in grounds and cheaper policing costs without the bigots. 

Anything is better than being part of the corrupt, Glaswegian stitch-up.  Yes it's mostly just an opportunity to vent, but it's still more ideas than we get from Donkey for his £400k. 

PS Anyone who starts bleating or defending "Glasgow" can do one. We ALL know who ****s the game up, and it's 99% them, the Largs mafia and their puppets for hire who infest too many clubs. 

This man gets it 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

• Beast Boy

• Rogue Daddy

Birregrande
On 29/07/2020 at 09:16, Sarah O said:

What a farce. 

This was a great opportunity to perhaps pool resources. Make every game available to anyone in the world - for a small fee either per game or monthly subs. Show case our game whilst other countries are having their summer break. 

But no. The useless amateurs couldn't even cooperate to do that successfully and we've got total diddies like Livi charging £20 per game. Ludicrous. 

Hope it's a disaster. 

Yep this is where I'm at.  Now happy to look from the outside in. Those who thought that they were NOT incompetent but merely self serving can see now that they are actually utter f£ckwits.  They deserve what is going to happen - financial losses.  I hope they hurt.

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Budge has the business acumen to get the right people in to market it and sell it hard.
Market those matches.
Market the clubs and league on the history, the competitive nature of the game etc. 
Stream matches.
Record all matches so all fans can watch their full matches later in the week on, I dunno, try Amazon prime or someone modern and progressive.
Get proper pundits in, in-depth analysis and also different magazine shows too on other aspects of the game.
Get James Anderson to have Ballie Gifford sponsor it based on the values enshrined into the league constitution.
Promote the youth players. Provide education and professionalism lessons including health, dieatary etc.
We could probably even have booze in grounds and cheaper policing costs without the bigots. 

Anything is better than being part of the corrupt, Glaswegian stitch-up.  Yes it's mostly just an opportunity to vent, but it's still more ideas than we get from Donkey for his £400k. 

PS Anyone who starts bleating or defending "Glasgow" can do one. We ALL know who ****s the game up, and it's 99% them, the Largs mafia and their puppets for hire who infest too many clubs. 

Perhaps the introduction of James Anderson is the wheels being put in motion to overthrow the shitshow we have to currently tolerate.  
You don’t become  a James Anderson Overnight without having serious business networks.

we can dream

11 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There’s nothing ridiculous about it. People need to open their eyes to what’s in front of them. 

The SPFL Board is full of people who have business relationships with Celtic, Desmond and Lawwell.

Doncaster is Lawwell’s man. He accompanied his “able guy” to TV deal negotiations, and he wanted him as SFA supremo.

Celtic have representation on every SPFL and SFA committee.

The recent SPFL Board resolution was drafted to benefit Celtic’s 10 in a row quest. They didn’t even need to comment publicly, because they are the SPFL.

Why are we going ahead with the Scottish Cup? Because it’s their chance of another treble.

Celtic and Lawwell are behind everything that happens in Scottish Football.

Its in Celtic’s interests to have control over all the other clubs. They can then manipulate them with player loans and filling their stadia with manky supporters. It’s in their interests to destroy any slim chance of other clubs threatening their parasitic hold on the league, so they just keep them poor and fighting with each other.

All rings true, i never thought id say this but for the good of Scottish Football i really do hope Rangers win the league this year. Celtics stranglehold has to be broken somehow and its just depressing that all the other clubs have no appetite for change.

6 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I hope you're right with regards to the twenties providing changes... I think there has been glimmers of a change of stance recently eg. us standing up to them in court for one, and also all clubs voting down 'executive powers' for the SPFL board. Eyes have certainly been opened... whether it's the start of some sort of revolution remains to be seen. One thing's for certain, if things don't change Scottish football will always be 'mickey mouse' compared to pretty much everyone else.

The thing that bothers me about Celtic is that they don't want competition -  they're too greedy, but they don't realise that they NEED compeittion to improve. I always chuckle to myself when I hear them going on about lack of competition in Scotland (usually after being dumped out of the CL before Christmas), as an excuse for their early exit. Both them and Rangers need to realise that if the Scottish 'product' is to improve, there has to be, at least, a level playing field. None of this swapping of board members every 2 years, equal distribution of TV monies, 'foreign' referees, no fixture tampering, new voting structure.. to name but a few. But as has been said, the OF don't want this... and we're back to square one. It's excruciating. So much so, I'm actually (now that the dust has settled and I'm marginally less angry) looking forward to a season in the championship without them!

I've been out golfing, forgot all about football for a while and the pain it currently causes me. What you say in respect of Celtic is the thing that I struggle with more than anything else in Scottish football. Here is a team that once won the European Cup with a team full of Scottish players. That should be their crowning achievement and a barometer of the success to continuously aim for. It would seem that rather than using that success as a motivating factor, they would rather bask in the memory.  That really annoys me, because if they stepped back and thought it through, growing football from grass roots level and providing a platform that allows continuous progress for youth would strengthen every team in Scotland. Ultimately allowing them to find the challenge more demanding domestically and potentially share the spoils with teams throughout the country. The procession towards title after title sucks the life out of the game and eventually, it will see a downturn in the numbers attending their games. A tough hard fought league would benefit everyone. I still hold out hope that somehow Hearts will create a new vision for us to grab hold of. Football needs to change in Scotland and I would love Hearts to be the team to modernise and change it. I thought Stendel had a perspective which could transcend the drudgery of the Scottish game. Unfortunately it was not to be, but we need to reinvent how we play football in this country, like the dutch did in the 70's. Modernise, adapt and succeed.

Nelly Terraces

Yet another wasted opportunity for the footballing backwater that is Scotland. Not as if they've had a few months to get their shit together over this or anything. 

Almost like they were concerned with fire fighting over other issues they themselves may have caused. HmmHmmmmmm...

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

All rings true, i never thought id say this but for the good of Scottish Football i really do hope Rangers win the league this year. Celtics stranglehold has to be broken somehow and its just depressing that all the other clubs have no appetite for change.

For the first time in my long life I want Rangers to beat Celtic.

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Market those matches.
Stream matches.

There's the rub!

18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

For the first time in my long life I want Rangers to beat Celtic.

I agree, though maybe not entirely for the first time.  I've wavered between the two depending on the circumstances at the time, but would say that for the majority of my time as a football supporter, I've tended towards Celtic rather than Rangers as the lesser of the two evils.

While I do not think Rangers have much chance of stopping 10iar, I would love it if they did.  I'd love it even more if they did it after the league had to be called early again, settled on PPG, with Rangers 2 points behind Celtic, but a game in hand (away to Aberdeen) and still to play the final OF game at Celtic Park,  and Rangers win the league by 0.05 points.

Lone Striker

While I understand the anger & attraction for a breakaway league, it's going to take a hell of a miracle to get it off the ground. 

I've no idea what it would take to get FIFA/UEFA recognition, since in their eyes the SFA is the governing and licensing body in Scotland .... and Celtic have got them in their pocket as well as the SPFL.          Would any decent players even contemplate playing for a breakaway team where their chance of getting into an international squad  is zero, and they may even be  frozen out (black-balled) from playing in other  recognised FA's in other countries.

Quite a depressing outlook, I know.   Would it stand more chance if  Rangers were on board ?   Would they even dare to try, and risk losing the  bigotted rivalry that sustains them  ?       

The best season ever was when there was the 6-2 and the 5-1 then they both knew  how the rest of us felt getting a thrashing

18 hours ago, David Black said:

There is much to what both you and Jambo 74 say, in fact his stats are an eyeopener, but no matter what, if Rangers and Celtic are in any equation going forward nothing will seriously change. I cannot remember all the facts but back in2003(?) when a breakaway was almost achieved the SPL/Rangers/ Celtic throw the rest of us a few crumbs to win us over and not to breakaway. The exact same will happen again. There is only one way all other clubs will flourish and the game played on an even playing field and that is to breakaway and leave the OF to their own devices. Anything less and we carry on as we have done for the last 30 years. I would rather watch Hearts without any TV deal , find our own level along with all other clubs, than carry on like this. Does anyone think that SKY would give the OF a deal playing each other every week, or give it to the rest of us in a genuinely competitive league. The notion that Celtic and Rangers will change their attitude to the rest is naive.

The technology that is now available would allow all clubs to stream from their own ground around the world to whomever wishes to watch. The biggest constraint is the Sky money and the embargo on live content. Clubs have to wait a contractually stipulated amount of time before they can repeat the live match on their own streaming service. Obviously that limitation is only pertinent for UK viewer's, but lets be honest, the majority of clubs in the SPFL don't have much of a fan base outside of their local community and there in lies the problem. The smaller clubs don't want individual ownership of television production and distribution rights. They would much rather have their minuscule cut of the Sky pie than take on the responsibility for marketing, production, distribution, and all other associated commercial activities. Frankly its annoying, but many of these football teams simply don't have the infrastructure, internal capabilities and the necessary foresight to move forward in this manner. It is understandable, they are football teams, not outside broadcast companies. But, with a touch of belief and an acknowledgement that people would watch the content, they could do it without the need for a huge financial outlay. Sky don't own the technology to film the content, they hire the crews and the OB trucks from companies like SIS or Edit 123. The individual clubs could do this, or collectively they could negotiate a contract with those type of experienced production companies. Then, the distribution is their own. Amazon AWS can distribute the matches live for a fee, charge a standard amount per live match, jobs a good un.

Nelly Terraces
On 29/07/2020 at 23:13, Byyy The Light said:

Meanwhile...

https://www.watchloi.ie/

They even have a sponsor. How this prick Doncaster still has a job is beyond me.

Good for them. Just shows how easily this can be done. As I said yesterday, it's not as if those in charge here haven't had several months to sort something like this out ffs. 

doctor jambo

Breakaway?

Most towns cannot even get fans to attend their local grounds.

”support your local team and watch them win nothing in your lifetime , whilst being ridden silly by teams with massive fiscal advantage “

Its a hard sell.

Fans in Scotland are getting what they deserve.

Until fans of ALL the smaller clubs band together to demand root and branch change nothing will happen, and as we have seen, it ain’t happening soon