Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Voxpop

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PhoenixHearts

I tend to try and mostly separate football from my emotions as at the end of the day there's more to life and it's not worth getting so engulfed by everything. Grand scheme of things, it's really not that big a deal.

But I genuinely do hope their club dies. They've shown a level of opportunistic self interest rivaling that of rangers and celtic. Parasite of a club.

21 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I tend to try and mostly separate football from my emotions as at the end of the day there's more to life and it's not worth getting so engulfed by everything. Grand scheme of things, it's really not that big a deal.

But I genuinely do hope their club dies. They've shown a level of opportunistic self interest rivaling that of rangers and celtic. Parasite of a club.

Which would be fine(ish), if they just owned that and admitted it. It’s the crawling and insincere attempts at trying get back onside with us, that rankles most. 

Let’s all just put this unpleasantness behind us, shall we? ... naw... die.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Which would be fine(ish), if they just owned that and admitted it. It’s the crawling and insincere attempts at trying get back onside with us, that rankles most. 

Let’s all just put this unpleasantness behind us, shall we? ... naw... die.

I agree. I dont think any club (except Hibs) acted the way they did with any of the votes except for what is best for themselves. And they are in the right to do that. As you say its the insincerity that rankles mixed with now it cant be stopped they are coming back to us. I found I disliked teams more when they use "we have sympathy with Hearts and Partick." They ring hollow, and come across like when Republican politicians in America talk of thoughts and prayers after a mass shooting. A line given in lieu of action.

Its funny, I do agree with the Raith chairman on the podcast that there needs to be a change of attitude in Scottish football, that people need to work together, need to push forward new things. I do agree that constantly tearing chunks out of each other, distrust and anger is not healthy for Scottish football and needs to end. But to be told to move on when we have lost everything and others have lost nothing, where there is no contrition, just "hey we were friends, give us your money" is not helping moving things on.

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree. I dont think any club (except Hibs) acted the way they did with any of the votes except for what is best for themselves. And they are in the right to do that. As you say its the insincerity that rankles mixed with now it cant be stopped they are coming back to us. I found I disliked teams more when they use "we have sympathy with Hearts and Partick." They ring hollow, and come across like when Republican politicians in America talk of thoughts and prayers after a mass shooting. A line given in lieu of action.

Its funny, I do agree with the Raith chairman on the podcast that there needs to be a change of attitude in Scottish football, that people need to work together, need to push forward new things. I do agree that constantly tearing chunks out of each other, distrust and anger is not healthy for Scottish football and needs to end. But to be told to move on when we have lost everything and others have lost nothing, where there is no contrition, just "hey we were friends, give us your money" is not helping moving things on.

Working together opportunity has been missed.

The great thing about crises is they bring change. 

Voting down the Resolution and demanding proper consultation with clubs was the chance for change. It was missed.

Scottish football carries on unchanged. 

As Billy Connolly said when referring to one of his stand up stories, talking about visiting Scotland and linoleum.  "They were going to change the name of Kirkcaldy to what's that ****ing smell". 

That would be a very fitting name for the dump now. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

ts funny, I dIo agree with the Raith chairman on the podcast that there needs to be a change of attitude in Scottish football, that people need to work together, need to push forward new things. I do agree that constantly tearing chunks out of each other, distrust and anger is not healthy for Scottish football and needs to end. But to be told to move on when we have lost everything and others have lost nothing, where there is no contrition, just "hey we were friends, give us your money" is not helping moving things on.

I am calling bullshit on that.

He had the perfect opportunity along with the other chairman to aptly demonstrate that very attribute, and actually did the opposite!!

Easy to start bleating now when his club has unfairly benefited from the situation.

Actions speak louder than words  - he is even more of a disgrace than he was previously.

SectionDJambo
58 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If I heard him correctly, that idiot Raith Rovers chairman said that they would have been better if they had been in Falkirk's position. Then he's sad that Hearts fans might take the attitude of not turning up to Starks Park, and other grounds, when and if we are allowed.

If Raith Rovers had been in Falkirk's position, he would have voted for reconstruction to get Raith Rovers up too.

If he thinks that Hearts fans should give his club our money, instead of giving it to Hearts, in order to help Hearts through a financial calamity because of his, and others, self interest, he must be a bigger idiot than he came over as being on that podcast. He's certainly a short sighted hypocrite. 

He, and his board, are the ones who have destoyed any relationship Hearts had with Raith Rovers. Not Ann Budge, or even Neil "Vindication" Doncaster. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I found I disliked teams more when they use "we have sympathy with Hearts and Partick." They ring hollow, and come across like when Republican politicians in America talk of thoughts and prayers after a mass shooting. A line given in lieu of action.

Nailed it.

Every time I’ve read or heard some self-important wee give it the “sympathy for Hearts, but... “ line, they were straight on the ‘what sort of shoes are best to dance on your grave’ list.

Scottie Wanshot.
6 hours ago, JamboBoy said:

He also mentions that there was effectively no other alternative to the situation. The hypocrisy is absolutely staggering. I am sorry but no Hearts supporter should go anywhere near any of the clubs who have done us harm. We don’t want to harm our team but I think they should manage without us. Teams like Raith and Ayr have only had self interest in their thoughts so we must do similarly. I bet you now their financial budgeting has been built on Jambos turning up in large numbers. Well you know what guys you had better build your financial models without us and let’s see how many of you survive the impact of that. Any such club that ultimately disappears off the face of the earth deserve everything coming to them!

well said.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, Boris said:

Thats so apt :greggy:

Great film as well.....woof woof1

Up yours baby lol

Edited by Italian Lambretta

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Working together opportunity has been missed.

The great thing about crises is they bring change. 

Voting down the Resolution and demanding proper consultation with clubs was the chance for change. It was missed.

Scottish football carries on unchanged. 

Its what rankles that the Raith Chairman (and other chairman) keep using the line about reviewing the way the SPFL is set up and reconstruction, "now is not the time." But having followed Scottish football for over 20 years, there has never been a time that things will change. They keep kicking the can. Things change when there is pressure to do it and now is that time.

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its what rankles that the Raith Chairman (and other chairman) keep using the line about reviewing the way the SPFL is set up and reconstruction, "now is not the time." But having followed Scottish football for over 20 years, there has never been a time that things will change. They keep kicking the can. Things change when there is pressure to do it and now is that time.

The last best time was when Celtic and the SPFL presented a resolution that bent everyone of us over, yet the majority just grabbed their ankles and signed on the dotted line with a pen stuffed in their mouths.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, suds66 said:

As Billy Connolly said when referring to one of his stand up stories, talking about visiting Scotland and linoleum.  "They were going to change the name of Kirkcaldy to what's that ****ing smell". 

That would be a very fitting name for the dump now. 

What would paisley be called then? 

colinmaroon

Were Dunfermline not another one of the horrors?

If so they are twice away as well.

Over both games around  £70-80k x 2 = £150k in FoH account and not theirs.

PS I see Dunfermline voted for reconstruction

Edited by colinmaroon

49 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Just seen the fixtures and I see we have Raith twice away!

Lovely job!

yep and god forgive any hearts fan that goes. Absolutely no need to give them a penny. Their chairman deserves not one penny from us. Shame on any hearts fan that gives that club money

12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It needs (and will) be ramped up should fans be allowed back by the time we play them.  All about putting the money into our club via FOH . Let them weep with lost expected revenue. Fek them

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What would paisley be called then? 

That’s a nice pattern, does it come in pink? 

After what this clown has done and said, any Hearts supporter who wants to fund that club really needs his head examined.  Bad enough doing what he did, but then trying to butter us up with platitudes. This guy takes arrant hypocrisy to a new level. I had always quite enjoyed away matches in Fife, but there is no way I’ll be putting a brass farthing into the coffers of Raith. - or Dunfermline or Cowdenbeath for that matter.

10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

After what this clown has done and said, any Hearts supporter who wants to fund that club really needs his head examined.  Bad enough doing what he did, but then trying to butter us up with platitudes. This guy takes arrant hypocrisy to a new level. I had always quite enjoyed away matches in Fife, but there is no way I’ll be putting a brass farthing into the coffers of Raith. - or Dunfermline or Cowdenbeath for that matter.

You could still go to East Fife... weird typing that out as a positive. ‘Hey, never mind, you can always enjoy going to East Fife... ‘ 

I’m willing to bet that’s the first time anyone has ever typed the above sentence out... or said it actually. It’s a brave new world. :lol:

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

You could still go to East Fife... weird typing that out as a positive. ‘Hey, never mind, you can always enjoy going to East Fife... ‘ 

I’m willing to bet that’s the first time anyone has ever typed the above sentence out... or said it actually. It’s a brave new world. :lol:

Yeh, there the only team there who would get my admission money. A Club with a bit of morality.

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Dunfermline voted against us in the original resolution. 

Gordon Ramsay
20 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

That's what gets to me. No acknowledgement that they are the luckiest team going and Falkirk had a very good chance of winning the league. 

They didn't deserve the promotion and they don't deserve any money from us. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay