Hearts Fans From Outside Scotland

CARDIFFBOY

On 29/07/2020 at 08:04, JL47 said:

Five of us come up from Swanage in Dorset when we can.

Β 

Basil Fawlty's hometown, iirc. 😁

Big Slim Stylee

Well I would have been traveling from USA a couple of times as per but seeing as I’m still ****ing stuck here for the foreseeable it’ll be more like Ferry Road πŸ˜€

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Well I would have been traveling from USA a couple of times as per but seeing as I’m still ****ing stuck here for the foreseeable it’ll be more like Ferry Road πŸ˜€

You still be here in October do you think? Meet you for a curtain raiser libation if you are. πŸ‘

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Β 

Basil Fawlty's hometown, iirc. 😁

Thought it was Torquay? Although my English geography is dreadful, so for all I know they might be next door to each other. πŸ˜„

Awesome support from far and wide, now all we need is for fans to be allowed back in! Gotta get Tynecastle rocking next season and make it so intimidating for away teams and fans. HHGH.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Thought it was Torquay? Although my English geography is dreadful, so for all I know they might be next door to each other. πŸ˜„

Β 

They are close. Basil's hotel was, indeed, in Torquay but he was originally from Swanage which is just up the coast. Manuel mentions it in an episode.Β 

Β 

The odd things you discuss on Kickback. 😁

Live in Chelteham and try to get to at least 3/4 games a season. Got family in Glasgow and North Berwick which makes it nice and easy based on where/who we are playing.

Β 

Dying to get to a game as soon as possible, already looking to book flights for the Inverness game as i can get a return from Bristol for Β£50!

Β 

When do people think crowds of any kind will be allowed back in?

Bazzas right boot
On 29/07/2020 at 09:07, sassenach said:

Although I only live in North Yorkshire I think my journey might take a bit longer than some on here who live lot further away.

Β 

I like to get the train that arrives at Haymarket at about 10.30 so that I can get a full Diggers session, so I pick up the main line train from Darlington at about 8.10. To catch this I need to get a bus from my home at 5.15 and get a local train from Middlesbrough, so including time waiting for connections I've already been travelling for the best part of 3 hours before I even hit the main line.

Β 

It would be quicker for me to drive, but I enjoy a drink as part of the day.

Β 

Do you get that train that's on the james Cook line?Β 

2 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

Live in Chelteham and try to get to at least 3/4 games a season. Got family in Glasgow and North Berwick which makes it nice and easy based on where/who we are playing.

Β 

Dying to get to a game as soon as possible, already looking to book flights for the Inverness game as i can get a return from Bristol for Β£50!

Β 

When do people think crowds of any kind will be allowed back in?

Β 

Hi there Ramagio87, seems like our paths may be crossing as I will also be flying from Bristol; now the fixtures are released I have pencilled in 10 home games next season which I willΒ do my best to attend once fans are allowed back in which hopefully will be in time for the new season. Terry.Β  HHGH.

17 minutes ago, martoon said:

Β 

They are close. Basil's hotel was, indeed, in Torquay but he was originally from Swanage which is just up the coast. Manuel mentions it in an episode.Β 

Β 

The odd things you discuss on Kickback. 😁

I missed that! I just watched the whole series a couple of weeks ago too. :lol:

SwindonJambo

Live in a village just inside Oxfordshire, over the border from Swindon where I (usually)Β work. Came here with my parents and 2 younger siblings aged 14.Β Β It’s way too far for a day trip, so I travel up by coach or occasionally train a minimum of 3 times a season and stay a long weekend with my cousin in my hometown of Hamilton,Β travellingΒ through to Edinburgh by train on match day. IΒ usually addΒ pre matchΒ breakfast and a pre and post match social which enables me to plug into the chit chat and mood of the match attending fans and feel connected to it all despite being 400 miles away. Β Tynecastle and Gorgie in generalΒ has always had a magical matchday buzz about it, something which, as a non local, helpedΒ Β attractΒ me to the club 35 years ago. For me it’s an essential part ofΒ the whole Tynecastle experienceΒ Β which you cannot get by simply going to the game for kick off and leavingΒ Β straight after the final whistle.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Harry Potter
50 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Awesome support from far and wide, now all we need is for fans to be allowed back in! Gotta get Tynecastle rocking next season and make it so intimidating for away teams and fans. HHGH.

Aye bud, brilliant that we have fans from all over, i feel blessed being only 3 miles from Tynecastle.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Β 

Do you mean the Whitby to Middlesbrough line? No I don't, I don't actually live on the railway. I'm from an area known as East Cleveland, a collection of former ironstone mining villages between Redcar and the North York Moors.

Β 

My 5.15 bus gets me to Middlesbrough for 6, and then it's a slow train from Middlesbrough at 6.45 to Darlington. If this train doesn't arrive I can use a slow train at 7 to Newcastle via Hartlepool, arriving in Newcastle at about 8.20.

Β 

The 8.42 from Newcastle has never let me down, but I'm desperate for a pint or five by the time I arrive at Haymarket.

Β 

Yeah

Just, that train is a nightmare, takes longer to get from Newcastle to James cook than it does from Edinburgh to Newcastle!Β 

Chicago, US.

Β 

Dont think I'll be making a match this year though, the restrictions are hampering our international travel.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 28/07/2020 at 20:16, wheatfield to sheffield said:

Used to be able to get to to quite a lot of games from Sheffield, sometimes with AGW. In that London now and didn't get to a single game last season, was about to travel for the Motherwell game in March but had to go into quarantine. Very sad to have a blank season. Even managed one or two games in each of the two seasons when we were living in KathmanduΒ 

Β 

You need to time your meetings better in future.Β  You managed it with the CIfA conference, didn't you?

jambofaerugby

Down in Warwickshire for the last 22 years and always try to get a game or two in if we are up visiting family in the Borders.

Great now that the wee fella likes to go too. Can’t wait to get back up again.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye bud, brilliant that we have fans from all over, i feel blessed being only 3 miles from Tynecastle.

You should write a book about it. πŸ˜„

,Β Β Harry PotterΒ said:Β 

Aye bud, brilliantΒ that we have fans from all over, i feel blessed being only 3 milesΒ from Tynecastle.

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You should write a book about it. πŸ˜„

That would be a magic book!

I travelled over from Sydney when Vlad was planning on knocking down the old stand just for one last seat in it before it bit the dust. Then he changed is mind and the wife turned nasty claiming I knew all along it was a hoax.......

I used to make a point of getting over for at least one game per year, but circumstances changed and I've missed the last two years.Β  Maybe next year!!

Β 

It's an incredible experience walking into Tynecastle, with all the wonderful memories.Β  I took my oldest granddaughter with me the last time I was there, and she cried when she saw how moved I was just being in the stands, surrounded by thousands of my fellow Hearts supporters.

wheatfield to sheffield
2 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Β 

You need to time your meetings better in future.Β  You managed it with the CIfA conference, didn't you?

It's important to time meetings in Edinburgh just right. For the CIfA thing last season I was up for the Scotland - San Marino game, but no JTs

J.T.F.Robertson
On 29/07/2020 at 02:27, sandyk said:

Probably took you as long to get from GY to Peterborough as it did to get from Peterborough to Edinburgh!!

Β 

With the stops andΒ the changing, more than likely you're right. The last leg was about four hours, if I remember. I'd leave GY around Friday lunchtime and be in Edinburgh about nine.

Was many many moons ago.

Β 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:
,Β Β Harry PotterΒ said:Β 

Aye bud, brilliantΒ that we have fans from all over, i feel blessed being only 3 milesΒ from Tynecastle.

That would be a magic book!

Aye guysΒ πŸ™‚.

24 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I used to make a point of getting over for at least one game per year, but circumstances changed and I've missed the last two years.Β  Maybe next year!!

Β 

It's an incredible experience walking into Tynecastle, with all the wonderful memories.Β  I took my oldest granddaughter with me the last time I was there, and she cried when she saw how moved I was just being in the stands, surrounded by thousands of my fellow Hearts supporters.

Christ Maple am nearly greetin reading this. Well done to you all great support.

Ex Season Ticket Holder in Old Main Stand and was in the Rainbow Hearts SC.

Normally head over from Saintfield, Co. DownΒ for my Birthday every year in November - it’s normally Motherwell at home for some reason.

Did my stag do in Edinburgh around the derby.

HHGH

Β 

5 hours ago, sassenach said:

Β 

Do you mean the Whitby to Middlesbrough line? No I don't, I don't actually live on the railway. I'm from an area known as East Cleveland, a collection of former ironstone mining villages between Redcar and the North York Moors.

Β 

My 5.15 bus gets me to Middlesbrough for 6, and then it's a slow train from Middlesbrough at 6.45 to Darlington. If this train doesn't arrive I can use a slow train at 7 to Newcastle via Hartlepool, arriving in Newcastle at about 8.20.

Β 

The 8.42 from Newcastle has never let me down, but I'm desperate for a pint or five by the time I arrive at Haymarket.

My family on my mothers side all hail from Stockton. Used to go there on school holidays. They were all BoroΒ fans and my first ever senior football game was Boro v Everton at Ayresome Park 1974. Still got a soft spot for them. I’m sure Graeme Souness played that game. Later on I delivered his old mans EEN in saughton mains.Β We used to have day trips to Redcar as a kid. I thought it was the Mecca of the English riviera.....I was only 7 though πŸ˜‚. Later on as an adult I went to Redcar races😳.Β Β  It’s funny how things change in 40 years.Β 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

My family on my mothers side all hail from Stockton. Used to go there on school holidays. They were all BoroΒ fans and my first ever senior football game was Boro v Everton at Ayresome Park 1974. Still got a soft spot for them. I’m sure Graeme Souness played that game. Later on I delivered his old mans EEN in saughton mains.Β We used to have day trips to Redcar as a kid. I thought it was the Mecca of the English riviera.....I was only 7 though πŸ˜‚. Later on as an adult I went to Redcar races😳.Β Β  It’s funny how things change in 40 years.Β 

I saw Hearts play at Middlesbrough in the mid / late β€˜70s, it was Stan Cummins their superstars game, all I remember was it was really cold (it was winter), we drank Newcastle Brown pre matchΒ and my friends windscreen wipers froze up on the way there! At least I can say I was at Ayresome Park, so much better than the Riverside in atmosphere but not facilities!
PS no idea what the score Β was!

When I lived in London I used to love getting the train to Edinburgh on a Friday night and returning on a Sunday night.

Β 

Couldn't afford it all the time but did it as often as possible.

hmfc_liam06

What an amazing thread, love reading all your stories.

Β 

You're all an absolute credit to Heart of Midlothian.

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

When I lived in London I used to love getting the train to Edinburgh on a Friday night and returning on a Sunday night.

Β 

Couldn't afford it all the time but did it as often as possible.

Kia Ora KD

Watched a Joanna Lumley programme on TV, when she travelled by train from HK to London (12 days). HK is only a 12 hour flight from NZ, so what are you waiting for. With a huge number of Jambos on both North and South Island, you could organise a "Trans Siberian/ Antipodean Hearts Supporters Club. Spectacular thought????😎😎😎