Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

59 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Something will be coming out in the not too distant future detailing the clubs intentions with regards to away games and allowing fans to watch these games on screens within Tynecastle. They are fairly confident that all away games will be available.

That will please Mr Raith chairman & his cohorts. GIRFUY 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Ex member of the SaS

Well done Porty Belly. The subject has been down the list for a while, but hasn't gone away, and even though fans may well not be allowed this season it sends a message.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I hope Banderson and co read this thread and grab that post from PJ1, plus they then seek quotes from Raith and Dunfermline in particular.

I haven't read back to check if it has been calculated and set out, and my figures are entirely guesswork and may well be naive, but should show the general principle:

- If a walk up ticket at - as a hypothetical example - Raith Rovers were £20 and we might take 2,000 Jambos then that is £40,000 (excluding refreshments etc).

- Assume Hearts have to pay £5,000 for one-off broadcasting rights to take the live stream from the away match to show the match in the Gorgie Suite.

- Would we be able to get 250 people into the Gorgie Suite although with physical distancing? If so, charge £20 a head entry, and that's £5,000.

That means a break-even for Hearts (but a profit when adding in the booze and refreshments).

And it means Raith Rovers (to continue the hypothetical example) would be £35,000 down on anticipated income.

17 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

The games will only  be getting shown if no fans are allowed into the games or it’s live on BBC Scotland. 

I imagine so. 

During continued "fans are not allowed in the stadium" times, as well as ensuring Hearts are financially supported, I'd be tempted to get a season ticket at somewhere like East Fife and watch their games on their live streaming with the colour controls on my tv changed so it looks like they are wearing maroon!!

1 hour ago, Gilamas said:

I haven't read back to check if it has been calculated and set out, and my figures are entirely guesswork and may well be naive, but should show the general principle:

- If a walk up ticket at - as a hypothetical example - Raith Rovers were £20 and we might take 2,000 Jambos then that is £40,000 (excluding refreshments etc).

- Assume Hearts have to pay £5,000 for one-off broadcasting rights to take the live stream from the away match to show the match in the Gorgie Suite.

- Would we be able to get 250 people into the Gorgie Suite although with physical distancing? If so, charge £20 a head entry, and that's £5,000.

That means a break-even for Hearts (but a profit when adding in the booze and refreshments).

And it means Raith Rovers (to continue the hypothetical example) would be £35,000 down on anticipated income.

Im sure the Gorgie Suite has been restricted to 160 seats just now. 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Something will be coming out in the not too distant future detailing the clubs intentions with regards to away games and allowing fans to watch these games on screens within Tynecastle. They are fairly confident that all away games will be available.

That will only be the case while games are being played BCD. Once fans are allowed back in, even in limited numbers they will no longer be able to stream matches live.

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

That will only be the case while games are being played BCD. Once fans are allowed back in, even in limited numbers they will no longer be able to stream matches live.

All I'm doing is relaying what we were told, and something HMFC are confident of achieving.

The Treasurer
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

All I'm doing is relaying what we were told, and something HMFC are confident of achieving.

Not doubting you PJ1 and certainly not having a go at you but I just think that people planning on boycotting and sitting in the Gorgie Suite watching all the games instead will be sadly disappointed.

It may be the case when games are BCD (and for any live TV games of course) but the rules are very clear on live streaming and the SPFL are quick to hammer us when we've done nothing wrong so they'd throw the book at us for breaking this rule. Not to mention the fact that it's actually illegal as well

portobellojambo1
33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not doubting you PJ1 and certainly not having a go at you but I just think that people planning on boycotting and sitting in the Gorgie Suite watching all the games instead will be sadly disappointed.

It may be the case when games are BCD (and for any live TV games of course) but the rules are very clear on live streaming and the SPFL are quick to hammer us when we've done nothing wrong so they'd throw the book at us for breaking this rule. Not to mention the fact that it's actually illegal as well

I suspect the club are looking at all possibilities, and are dealing with a number of people and bodies. I also got the impression that Hearts TV will be heavily involved as well. And if we are honest this situation won't just impact on away games, it will impact home games as well. It is reasonable to think BHD will be in place for a wee while yet, and once it does go to limited fans it could be a small percentage. Using imaginary figures here, if for example we reach 12,000 ST sales and the club are only allowed to have 3,000 fans inside Tynecastle for home games it creates a situation where they would again have to think about opening up all the other facilities as fans actually inside the ground would have to be admitted on some sort of rota basis. While some would be comfortable with watching home games via Hearts TV or the likes, many might want to be in one of the many suites watching the games. I think HMFC are seriously looking at getting in as many fans as possible within the confines of the stadium. I never mentioned it during our conversations on Saturday, other than to say one game I haven't even considered going to is the Scottish Cup semi final versus Hibs (the root cause of everything relates back to the SFA/SPFL so Hampden will get not one penny from me, although it is still unknown if fans will be admitted any way) but one thing the club could seriously think about is getting as many people as allowed insideTynecastle for the semi final, filling all the suites, and putting screens in the centre circle as well as those in the suites. From what was said there are a lot of discussions going on, and any costs involved to the club can easily be recouped and built on. As you say it will all depend on making sure everything is done within legal requirements.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I would be delighted to hear the club is acting on this and for avoidance of doubt we need to recoup the money we have lost due to our untimely demotion.

If the club is looking into ideas big screens etc its all the better for us.

These ideas are not only needed as a boycott but the reality of the situation is also for all to see as per PJ1's points regarding numbers within any stadiums.

We should have a massive screen in one of the corners anyway,If we got one we could charge a fiver a head to get in and have a open day type thing so people can have a beer watching a match.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I suspect the club are looking at all possibilities, and are dealing with a number of people and bodies. I also got the impression that Hearts TV will be heavily involved as well. And if we are honest this situation won't just impact on away games, it will impact home games as well. It is reasonable to think BHD will be in place for a wee while yet, and once it does go to limited fans it could be a small percentage. Using imaginary figures here, if for example we reach 12,000 ST sales and the club are only allowed to have 3,000 fans inside Tynecastle for home games it creates a situation where they would again have to think about opening up all the other facilities as fans actually inside the ground would have to be admitted on some sort of rota basis. While some would be comfortable with watching home games via Hearts TV or the likes, many might want to be in one of the many suites watching the games. I think HMFC are seriously looking at getting in as many fans as possible within the confines of the stadium. I never mentioned it during our conversations on Saturday, other than to say one game I haven't even considered going to is the Scottish Cup semi final versus Hibs (the root cause of everything relates back to the SFA/SPFL so Hampden will get not one penny from me, although it is still unknown if fans will be admitted any way) but one thing the club could seriously think about is getting as many people as allowed insideTynecastle for the semi final, filling all the suites, and putting screens in the centre circle as well as those in the suites. From what was said there are a lot of discussions going on, and any costs involved to the club can easily be recouped and built on. As you say it will all depend on making sure everything is done within legal requirements.

Good to know that the club are being pro-active on this.

However I think you can guarantee that the SPFL/SFA will try and put as many obstacles in our way as possible to prevent the club from catering for our own fans.

On the subject of the semi final, if any fans are allowed to attend then it has to be played at Murrayfield. I'm pretty sure the SG would have something to say about two sets of fans travelling from one city to another.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Good to know that the club are being pro-active on this.

However I think you can guarantee that the SPFL/SFA will try and put as many obstacles in our way as possible to prevent the club from catering for our own fans.

On the subject of the semi final, if any fans are allowed to attend then it has to be played at Murrayfield. I'm pretty sure the SG would have something to say about two sets of fans travelling from one city to another.

I honestly don't think there will be any at Hampden. I don't know if the Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby game at Murrayfield has been played yet. I do know they were hoping to allow 1,000 fans in but that was cut back to 750. I'm more interested in wondering where they are going to get the money Aberdeen are expecting from the two semi finals and final split if the total income is nil but they've been told they'll get a certain amount, before voting back in April.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Good to hear.   It's highly unlikely IMO that there is any chance of even 50% of capacity for the whole of this season, there are going to be measures in place until such times as there is a vaccine.

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Herbert said:

We should have a massive screen in one of the corners anyway,If we got one we could charge a fiver a head to get in and have a open day type thing so people can have a beer watching a match.

Big ass tent, cover the ground. 

4 tvs, 1 in each corner. 

Corners filled in as well! 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Boof said:

WTF is an 'ass tent'?

😂😂

images (5).jpeg

Edited by Smith's right boot

9 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

I still imagine a 1000 Of us turning up to away grounds no matter what people say about a boycott.

Boooooooooo!

underwaterwoodwelder
4 hours ago, sac said:

Boooooooooo!

You can’t boooo Hearts fans wanting to watch and support the team. No matter what your personal opinion on the other clubs are.

7 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

You can’t boooo Hearts fans wanting to watch and support the team. No matter what your personal opinion on the other clubs are.

The same fans that probably booo the team

maroonlegions
5 hours ago, Boof said:

WTF is an 'ass tent'?

He means a HUGE tent. Big ass is slang for huge, big, big ass..

Craig Herbertson
On 23/08/2020 at 17:53, portobellojambo1 said:

Thread has been going for a while, and I think I posted thoughts on it early on, which were personal thoughts at that stage. But yesterday we eventually managed to get our AGM done for this year, a couple of months after the normal date. Thoughts on travelling formed part of the discussion, and we were initially going with the thought of taking buses to all away games, and letting members decide for themselves which grounds they wanted to go into, with the remainder just staying in the pub. We left it at that but said we'd let all member know. One or two things came up, including potential cost for the club, including when we would eventually be allowed to go back to games and if on board bus distancing could potentially mean having to book two buses, depending on the numbers travelling. Following the conclusion of the AGM we stayed for the rest of the afternoon in the Gorgie Suite, and had a further chat, revolving around negotiating a contract for a new bus provider for this coming season, and spoke with the manager of the hospitality side of HMFC's business. We then took the decision that we will not be running any buses at all for this coming season, including games at Hampden. The one exception we may make is Inverness, in that we will be going to Inverness, either by bus or train. As a club we will take up a number of tables in one of the Gorgie suites and meet together to watch all the away games. As an afternoon I'd like to thank HMFC, the facilities and service in the Gorgie Suite yesterday were excellent, the suite was very busy, with plenty of distancing and they must have made a few bob. In addition to what the PHSC members spent on drink yesterday we also made a donation of £556 to HMFC, representing the two cheques we previously gave them for tickets for the two cancelled games towards the end of last season at Aberdeen and Livingston.

Brought up in Portobello and proud to see you make this difficult decision.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Big ass tent, cover the ground. 

4 tvs, 1 in each corner. 

Corners filled in as well! 

Getting a screen like loads of other clubs in the uk is hardly stuff of fantasy.

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Big ass is slang for huge, big, big ass..

Not in this country.

One more Americanism that needs to be left on the West side of the Atlantic Ocean.

On 24/08/2020 at 17:12, portobellojambo1 said:

I honestly don't think there will be any at Hampden. I don't know if the Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby game at Murrayfield has been played yet. I do know they were hoping to allow 1,000 fans in but that was cut back to 750. I'm more interested in wondering where they are going to get the money Aberdeen are expecting from the two semi finals and final split if the total income is nil but they've been told they'll get a certain amount, before voting back in April.

Fans at Murrayfield this Fri night 

21 hours ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

I still imagine a 1000 Of us turning up to away grounds no matter what people say about a boycott.

I really don't see this happening.  Capacity at championship grounds is going to be severely restricted, and that's assuming any fans will be allowed back at all in the foreseeable.  I'm assuming you're not suggesting that 1000 people will turn up despite what public health measures may be in place.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Any update on sellik's demand to have fans at their game this weekend ?

Only update I've had is that they're still mhanky rheptiles.

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

You would have thought that in the "interests of fairness" the SPFL would be in talks with the Scottish Government for the return of fans to all SPL teams home games.

You're new to Scottish football, right?

Interesting that the same clubs who were so vocal about putting us in our place appear happy to be forgotten about here. Not one peep from the likes of Cormack to say he is disappointed Aberdeen have not been included in this discussion.

But you're right, surely a lower profile game between the likes of Livvy and St Johnstone would be better, plus they could accommodate a large % of the home support.

Edited by Nookie Bear

On 25/08/2020 at 10:59, Boof said:

WTF is an 'ass tent'?

Similar to a “douche bag”, I think. See example below:

A1A42158-B386-4D2C-B508-24C5CFF68132.jpeg

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Haken said:

Only update I've had is that they're still mhanky rheptiles.

That's not exactly breaking news 🐍

maroonlegions
19 hours ago, Boof said:

Not in this country.

One more Americanism that needs to be left on the West side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Ok dude...:fonzie: