Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Folks who want to go will go. But anyone thinking taking 400 instead of 4000

to Raith and Dunfermline won’t make

a difference to these clubs stretched finances needs to buy a calculator.

Anyone who is trying to say that the boycott won't bite, "because I'm going" is kidding themselves at best and trying to justify themselves at worst.

(NB There will be some in between, so don't take on the persona of the man with the big nose).

Of course anyone has the right to go if they want, that's a given but, don't try and muddy the waters as far as the impact a proper boycott will have on the piddliesqueaks to helped to shaft us and now want to let bygones be bygones.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That is indeed a concern. 

Are other teams in the Champ back training like us or are they holding off?

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No idea. 🤷🏼‍♂️

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Anyone who is trying to say that the boycott won't bite, "because I'm going" is kidding themselves at best and trying to justify themselves at worst.

(NB There will be some in between, so don't take on the persona of the man with the big nose).

Of course anyone has the right to go if they want, that's a given but, don't try and muddy the waters as far as the impact a proper boycott will have on the piddliesqueaks to helped to shaft us and now want to let bygones be bygones.

It will, of course, impact them, as every lost pound does, but I doubt iT will put any club out of existence. 

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It will, of course, impact them, as every lost pound does, but I doubt iT will put any club out of existence

Not MY intention  after a serious wrestling match with the "Boss."  Believe me I was and still am so angry about the corrupt and shambolic governance of the game,  its sickened me.

However, we all have to face the consequences of our action ot inaction, and I just hope that the vast majority of our fans hold firm to the boycott.

It will, of course, impact them, as every lost pound does, but I doubt iT will put any club out of existence. 

It will however squeeze them financially. Don’t forget some of these people voted for us into the Championship for their own supposed financial gain. Karma if it just does not happen as far as I am concerned,

18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Not MY intention  after a serious wrestling match with the "Boss."  Believe me I was and still am so angry about the corrupt and shambolic governance of the game,  its sickened me.

However, we all have to face the consequences of our action ot inaction, and I just hope that the vast majority of our fans hold firm to the boycott.

I still don’t see it as a boycott but rather diverting my maroon pound to Hearts first.

If another club suffers as a result then they only have their own Chairperson to blame.

But the main benefactor is our club, & the more maroon pounds ploughed into Hearts has to be the priority for now.

colinmaroon
10 minutes ago, sac said:

I still don’t see it as a boycott but rather diverting my maroon pound to Hearts first.

If another club suffers as a result then they only have their own Chairperson to blame.

But the main benefactor is our club, & the more maroon pounds ploughed into Hearts has to be the priority for now.

It is a double edged sword and you're quite right about benefitting Hearts as the prime benefit.

Either for health or Sunday commitments, I don't get to away games but I will be paying the away ticket money for every away game.

It is so important that we make a very public statement through the money which Hearts get for every away game and that's why I believe we need a "fund" to let everyone see how much it means in terms of loss to these teams and gain to Hearts.

ONLY HEARTS

Thought Police
10 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I’ve not seen anything to suggest they are. Robbie also mentioned yesterday that we’re a while away from arranging a friendly as the Premiership teams are up and running and other teams in the Championship aren’t back yet.

Full contact training for us from Monday I believe ?  Have no idea if other clubs are back even social distancing training but surely they will need to soon.

Re’ boycotting, if folk go then fine they shouldn’t be labelled. It’s my choice not to and I fully intend to a) donate away ticket money to FOH or b) spend the away day in the 1874 bar

either way Hearts will benefit and the opposition won’t - from me and our group. 
depending on the day we intend going up to Inverness. 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

They won’t the cooling of period will be well past and by the time Hearts play the anger will have all but disappeared and all the minions will troop along as per normal. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Full contact training for us from Monday I believe ?  Have no idea if other clubs are back even social distancing training but surely they will need to soon.

Re’ boycotting, if folk go then fine they shouldn’t be labelled. It’s my choice not to and I fully intend to a) donate away ticket money to FOH or b) spend the away day in the 1874 bar

either way Hearts will benefit and the opposition won’t - from me and our group. 
depending on the day we intend going up to Inverness. 

Sounds like a decent plan.

For me, the absolute w*anks in all of this, Ayr and Raith won't get a penny from me. They were the most vocal pricks of all.

Pointed out to me that Dunfermline aren't exactly blameless either.

colinmaroon
11 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

They won’t the cooling of period will be well past and by the time Hearts play the anger will have all but disappeared and all the minions will troop along as per normal. 

Every Hearts fan should pin this post on the inside of their front door.

On 08/08/2020 at 10:00, DETTY29 said:

Would have been a home game today.

Price of 4 coffees to FOH.

Inspired by this so a tenner into FOH from me too

Edited by 1971fozzy

Guest ToqueJambo
On 07/08/2020 at 11:07, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Folks who want to go will go. But anyone thinking taking 400 instead of 4000

to Raith and Dunfermline won’t make

a difference to these clubs stretched finances needs to buy a calculator.

All these clubs survive just fine without bigger teams down there. There's no doubt they'd be disappointed to lose out on a bonus bumper payday though, especially in the current circumstances. It's very possible some clubs voted us into the Championship with that in mind.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Allowayjambo1874
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

All these clubs survive just fine without bigger teams down there. There's no doubt they'd be disappointed to lose out on a bonus bumper payday though, especially in the current circumstances. It's very possible some clubs voted us into the Championship with that in mind.

Indeed, the Forfar chairman admitted as much in the first division vote when he said a consideration was that they would now get Partick and Falkirk visiting with large travelling supports.

The championship clubs are not relying on hearts away support to survive but it does give them a financial boost. Boycotting fans are just refusing to contribute to that boost. To be fair it’s been a fairly balanced argument with most people saying it’s a personal choice , just know that in my group we are literally going to about three away games all season tops. An earlier poster was right though, come October many will have cooled off and travel to games. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Indeed, the Forfar chairman admitted as much in the first division vote when he said a consideration was that they would now get Partick and Falkirk visiting with large travelling supports.

The championship clubs are not relying on hearts away support to survive but it does give them a financial boost. Boycotting fans are just refusing to contribute to that boost. To be fair it’s been a fairly balanced argument with most people saying it’s a personal choice , just know that in my group we are literally going to about three away games all season tops. An earlier poster was right though, come October many will have cooled off and travel to games. 

I do think making a statement against the clubs that really acted like dicks - Raith, Dundee, Ayr and maybe Dunfermline - is a good way to go. Unfortunately, they are also the better teams in the division, apart from Raith, with a couple of decent away days. Moot point just now anyhow. Can't see fans at games in decent numbers any time soon.

On 09/08/2020 at 19:53, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1b3c9155388b1a59d8245c4b169364a8.jpeg

Now off my shopping list, so Crombies now on down in Broughton.

Seems a tad unfair.  Brownings are no longer supplying these at rugby park.  

The owner fell out with the board a couple of years ago and is now backing Darvel as they embark on the west of scotland league.

So, you should be able to eat the meaty goodness without too much guilt (unless you have a thing against Darvel!)

Edited by poggs

No sure I’d be funding Crombies either....

:whistling:

7 minutes ago, poggs said:

The owner fell out with the board a couple of years ago and is now backing Darvel as they embark on the west of scotland league.

So, you should be able to eat the meaty goodness without too much guilt (unless you have a thing against Darvel!)

Im 99% sure I seen Brownings on the advertising boards around Rugby Park on Sunday when flicking around the channels. 

Midloth_Iain
10 minutes ago, poggs said:

Seems strange when its their main shirt sponsor ? 🤔

image.jpeg.297865e30cf8c0a2dfb47163e324637e.jpeg

15 minutes ago, poggs said:

I think that you're correct. The last time Hearts were away there I eschewed their pies in favour of Hearts branded 'German Biscuits'. Why? Because at the previous away game there they sold, quite frankly, the very worst pies ever. 90% rock-hard pastry with minimal inedible filling. Yeuch!!! 🤮

Edited by Wee Mikey

3 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Seems strange when its their main shirt sponsor ? 🤔

image.jpeg.297865e30cf8c0a2dfb47163e324637e.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I think that you're correct. The last time Hearts were away there I eschewed their pies in favour of Hearts branded 'German Biscuits'. Why? Because at the previous away game there they sold, quite frankly, the very worst pies ever. 90% rock-hard pastry with minimal inedible filling. Yeuch!!! 🤮

7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Im 99% sure I seen Brownings on the advertising boards around Rugby Park on Sunday when flicking around the channels. 

Talk about missing football!  I'm so bored, Im arguing about what pie is supplied to a rival team on the hearts forum.

Its reached peak surrealism!

7 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

I won't be going to any away grounds!

hahaha!!! 😄 I was just about to implore you to travel up to Inverness for a sell-out knees-up when I spotted your name. My knowledge of Aussie terminology doesn't extend much beyond 'dunny' but who do you 'barrack' for in Oz?  Hopefully a team wearing maroon? 👍

3 minutes ago, poggs said:

Talk about missing football!  I'm so bored, Im arguing about what pie is supplied to a rival team on the hearts forum.

Still better that than watching last week's so-called 'highlights'. If that's the current standard then we're honestly not missing much.

Just noticed the 'strap-line' at the bottom of the packaging. Now, correct me if I'm mistaken, but is the famous slogan not, "Say "Aye" to a Killie Pie"? Maybe me just being pedantic or could it be that the club have that phrase trademarked for use regardless of who supplies their pies. Just a thought seeing as what's in that photo is über-cumbersome.

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just noticed the 'strap-line' at the bottom of the packaging. Now, correct me if I'm mistaken, but is the famous slogan not, "Say "Aye" to a Killie Pie"? Maybe me just being pedantic or could it be that the club have that phrase trademarked for use regardless of who supplies their pies. Just a thought seeing as what's in that photo is über-cumbersome.

I guess it’s from one of their songs 🤔

Who ate all the Killie Pies?!

Lyrics

Say aye tae a killie pie

Say aye tae a killie pie

Say aye tae a killie pie

Say aye tae a killie pie

3 hours ago, poggs said:

9269A31F-C241-4C9F-A593-05646356AC9C.jpeg

Separate pie thread please. 😄

I fancied a Dunfermline bridie... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yup. A Braw Big Bridie frae Stephens.

Yummy ... 😝

The Pie Who Loved Me...sorry

Apologies if posted before but anyone got a list of grounds we are boycotting vs those clubs that supported us? Want to get to some away games but fully behind and will be boycotting Raith etc

Cowdenbeath in the Betfred cup! Remember the comments from sanctimonious Donald Findlay. My god this guy is a QC. Stick it on the bulletin board. Go out and demolish them. Not beat them, demolish them. This was not just about Hearts. Partick will struggle to survive because of clubs like Cowdenbeaths self centered parochial views. Hearts have a duty to expose these self serving clubs. Play all year with a chip on our shoulder. Never stop when we are ahead, crush them at every opportunity. Take that attitude back to the Premier. It’s us against the world. Believe it, use it, deliver it.

12 hours ago, symmetry said:

Cowdenbeath in the Betfred cup! Remember the comments from sanctimonious Donald Findlay. My god this guy is a QC. Stick it on the bulletin board. Go out and demolish them. Not beat them, demolish them. This was not just about Hearts. Partick will struggle to survive because of clubs like Cowdenbeaths self centered parochial views. Hearts have a duty to expose these self serving clubs. Play all year with a chip on our shoulder. Never stop when we are ahead, crush them at every opportunity. Take that attitude back to the Premier. It’s us against the world. Believe it, use it, deliver it.

Damn straight. Feck them all (bar ICT) this coming season.

heartandsoul
13 hours ago, symmetry said:

Post of the year.

15 hours ago, symmetry said:

well said sir

5 minutes ago, casper said:

Not sure I would be a supporter of a boycott. All a bit too old firm for me.

I couldn't care if it's a bit old firm  or even a bit Hibs, there is no way I am putting cash into clubs who set out to harm us for their own benefit. each to there own 

9 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

I couldn't care if it's a bit old firm  or even a bit Hibs, there is no way I am putting cash into clubs who set out to harm us for their own benefit. each to there own 

Up to you. I don't care much either. Sadly, much of the harm was done from within.

gorgie rd eh11
28 minutes ago, casper said:

Yeah just take it man. Accept it and give them the pay day they voted for. 

I don't go to away games, but I might go to see us against the clubs that supported us! I just think the rest threw us to the wolves so to speak. Just my opinion.FTH HHGH.

BACK TO THE 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺 

15 hours ago, casper said:

So is standing up for yourselves and not taking ****. 

16 hours ago, JamboAl1965 said:

100% agree.