Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Daft analogy. Why would we care if it was somebody else? 

Hence the 11 other teams.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, communist said:

Yep, anything could have happened, that's true. It's also true that for the past 18 months on here and in the stands, it's been toxic, with lots of people being cynical about the way the team was going. We were utterly woeful for months. 

Now however, we've tried reconstruction, jumped through the hoops of the Court of Session, before eventually ending up failing at arbitration. We can keep banging the drum of injustice and unfairness (and I'm not saying it isn't unfair or unjust at all) or we can get on with things, get behind the team and move on. We quite possibly could have stayed up, but it's a moot point, the (shambolic) vote happened, the league is over, its been checked and verified as much as possible up to this point by every avenue. Clubs voted selfishly and its not surprising. 

Are those boycotting planning on this for life or is there a time limit on their grievance? 

This talk of boycott has dampened my enthusiasm for the championship now, I don't want it just to be a sparse few in the away ends, I want it to be full, loud and getting behind the team. 

I don't. 

I want it to be barren and penniless for the others. 

Sometimes you have to make a self sacrifice,  take one for the team to be part of the team 

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Totally missing the point. This was about loss of revenue, not relation, that was my point but you knew that anyway. 

Again, this is down to us.

Budge has had our priorities up her arse since day 1.

This is ALL down to Budge.

heatonjambo
37 minutes ago, communist said:

How long do people plan on boycotting for? 

Forever? 

I remember laughing like mad when rangers done it. Did anyone care? No. Will people care or beg us to return? I don't think so. The extra money for Hearts is a positive for sure, but I'd still prefer to support the team on the day if and when I can. 

For as long as their anger prevails and it makes a difference 

I get that everyone just wants to concentrate on Hearts from now on but it's going to be very difficult (for me anyway) to keep going along and spending cash on a game that's so openly corrupt!!

I'm not sure how others feel and I know my opinion will probably get me pelters. Of course I love Hearts but how will this not seriously scunner our supporters. 

TheGoodLord
20 minutes ago, communist said:

How long do people plan on boycotting for? 

Forever? 

I remember laughing like mad when rangers done it. Did anyone care? No. Will people care or beg us to return? I don't think so. The extra money for Hearts is a positive for sure, but I'd still prefer to support the team on the day if and when I can. 

Agree. Either boycott period or not at all. If we go up do we boycott in the Prem? Who decides when it’s ok to give teams our money and when we do will it not devalue the original boycott? My other concern is it causes division within our support especially as emotions will be running high for a considerable time to come. Maybe a life ban from Dens Park and plus another if they were very vocal (I’ve forgotten who were the worse culprits) would be easier than a blanket boycott. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't. 

I want it to be barren and penniless for the others. 

Sometimes you have to make a self sacrifice,  take one for the team to be part of the team 

Just can't see hearts fans not turning up, resulting in any major difference to most championship clubs, they will have been budgeting for a grim season (if any season at all with crowds) anyway I'd have thought. 

Each to their own though and I can understand the feeling of anger and the justification for some. 

Don’t think it should be something to argue with each other over, each to their own but I am surprised reading this that any Hearts fan would think of lining the pockets of Dundee or Raith. I will happily join the boycott and plan an epic weekend in Inverness.

Think it’s futile once we go back up, the top teams don’t rely on Hearts fans turning up, the smaller teams that shafted will though.

The argument that the players need the fans backing was lost when a full away stand in Paisley watched Hearts not have a single shot on goal in the game that ultimately relegated us.

Absolutely no chance (and I suspect a few others will feel the same when the dust settles) will I be boycotting a Hearts Hibs semi final. I'd like the club to withdraw from the competition, but that seems unlikely, so I'll be there permitted we're allowed in. 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Start a thread. If it had gone to the end of the season you could argue it’s all down to her. Should she escape criticism? No. Should we ignore the circumstances of the decision to demote us? No.

Anyway, boycotting away games, good idea or not?

6 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

For as long as their anger prevails and it makes a difference 

And how do we guage that exactly?

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You never like anyone who runs or manages Hearts. Supporting Hearts must be such a chore for you...

2 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I get that everyone just wants to concentrate on Hearts from now on but it's going to be very difficult (for me anyway) to keep going along and spending cash on a game that's so openly corrupt!!

I'm not sure how others feel and I know my opinion will probably get me pelters. Of course I love Hearts but how will this not seriously scunner our supporters. 

The game is rotten to the core. Scottish football has no interest in reform and it will never happen whilst those 2 bigoted arseholes Lord it over the rest of us. We are one of the few teams who can/do survive without their vile 3k fans visiting but sadly the majority of teams in Scotland need their revenue. Dont blame you one bit for thinking the way you do. TV money has ruined the sport so much. My only hope is those two tramps get their league with the Dutch and Belgians and maybe then can our own game focus on being competitive again

23 minutes ago, Fedupfan said:

Exactly, it looks pathetic. I'm sure our manager wants a loud, appreciative and vocal support backing the team wherever we play. Whenever we get crowds back properly. 

We have been crap all year, if ever there was a time to support and help the team wherever they play, it's now. 

So how did the team do with the backing it has had over the last couple of seasons when we have been very poor? We have supported our club thorugh some of the most mind numbing football I have seen for years but still fans turned up and backed the team.

You can choose to line the pockets of the clubs who voted to demote us but I certainly wont and know many others who will not either.

We plan to go to the easy travelling away games and spend our time in the town pubs but wont go to the game. We have also talked about a visit to Partick for one of thier home games.

I find it amazing that some of our fans are acting as if no other club tried to harm us to save thier own skin and willing to support those clubs financially.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Start a thread. If it had gone to the end of the season you could argue it’s all down to her. Should she escape criticism? No. Should we ignore the circumstances of the decision to demote us? No.

I don't even think he even goes to home games, let alone away games

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Boycotting is too leftie and Celtic for me. I am going to make an effort to go to a lot of away games. I feel more comfortable away than I do at Budge's stadium.  Imo the only people who feel comfortable at Ann's ground are the opposition.

40 minutes ago, hammyhouse said:

The Showpiece of Scottish football should be made a laughing stock 

Right behind this.

Just now, RobNox said:

👍 Yeah, that’s why i asked if he thought it was a good idea, rather than if he’d boycott. 

heartandsoul
24 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Any hearts fan that steps into a team thats screwed us over aint a real hearts fan simples ps im also one of the fans who use to go to all home and away and now only going to home games they can ram there semi finals up the corrupt backside

This

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Boycotting is too leftie and Celtic for me. I am going to make an effort to go to a lot of away games. I feel more comfortable away than I do at Budge's stadium.  Imo the only people who feel comfortable at Ann's ground are the opposition.

What a load of narcissistic , "look at me " , attention seeking bollocks. 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

You’re some boy like. So just away games for you then. If nothing else you’re an individual. 

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You never like anyone who runs or manages Hearts. Supporting Hearts must be such a chore for you...

I liked

Mercer

Robinson ( for the best part)

Macdonald

Clarke

Jordan

Robbo

Burley

Vlad

Ivanauskis

Jefferies

Levein (1st time)

Edit : Sergio too (towards the end)

Edit 2: Rix

Edited by i8hibsh

lot of shite boycott away ground a complete nonsense of an argument yes it wasn’t fair i agree but in all honesty no dought in my mind we were goin down anyway we were shite last year let’s get begingmd the team and stop all this boycott away games nonsense it’s bullshit move on it’s the only way

Just now, GinRummy said:

You’re some boy like. So just away games for you then. If nothing else you’re an individual. 

I may go to a few home but I truly despise Budge so will follow my team as best I can under these circumstances.

Yes, Budge goes to away games too but at least it is not the 'Budge show' when away.

1 minute ago, Tito5195 said:

lot of shite boycott away ground a complete nonsense of an argument yes it wasn’t fair i agree but in all honesty no dought in my mind we were goin down anyway we were shite last year let’s get begingmd the team and stop all this boycott away games nonsense it’s bullshit move on it’s the only way

Exactly

1 minute ago, jackal said:

So how did the team do with the backing it has had over the last couple of seasons when we have been very poor? We have supported our club thorugh some of the most mind numbing football I have seen for years but still fans turned up and backed the team.

You can choose to line the pockets of the clubs who voted to demote us but I certainly wont and know many others who will not either.

We plan to go to the easy travelling away games and spend our time in the town pubs but wont go to the game. We have also talked about a visit to Partick for one of thier home games.

I find it amazing that some of our fans are acting as if no other club tried to harm us to save thier own skin and willing to support those clubs financially.

I find it amazing that our own fans can't understand there was no motivation for other clubs to save us. If St mirren were in our position come the vote, would you still have been so morally outraged on their behalf, if we had decided to vote yes to end the season early? I honestly would not have cared one iota.

Not enough people outwith the clubs directly affected cared, and I find it absurd that people aren't open minded enough to realise it was always going to be the case. 

Ultimately its the splfs fault for not allowing the season to be played out and forcing the vote, not the clubs faults for voting for self preservation. Dangling that end of season payment carrot as part of the vote was always going to result in this. 

So you'll never ever visit an away ground (outside of Partick) again? That's pretty sad. 

FERRY HEARTS
4 hours ago, HMFC1-5 said:

I totally get where you are coming from and respect that mindset I just don’t agree with it and it doesn’t make me or anyone else wanting to go less of PHM,  at the end of the day we have been shafted totally here we can all agree on this but as I’ve said I will always want to go to games regardless. The mere fact these pathetic irrelevant clubs need us to survive is comical, tbh I want to see them smashed on their own pitch as the maroon juggernaut rolls on back to the top flight.

Agree mate we should travel on mass and Ridicule these shitey wee teams and their CEOs whilst letting these wankers at SPFL and SFA know what we think of them .

Although I do like idea of selling a 100 tickets for semis and gettin quarter of the gate receipt

**** THEM ALL.  GORGIE RULES 🇱🇻

SomethingAboutObua

I just hope fans boycott Ayr Utd, didn't Lachlan Cameron say something along the lines that he didn't think Hearts fans would actually boycott the away grounds and Ayr would be fine. Same with Raith for not voting yes because "it doesn't change anything for us". Also Ross County for all of MacGregor's shock and horror that teams might suffer in the shortened lower leagues, but still rejecting reconstruction because he openly admitted they aren't competitive enough to compete in an expanded league.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I may go to a few home but I truly despise Budge so will follow my team as best I can under these circumstances.

Yes, Budge goes to away games too but at least it is not the 'Budge show' when away.

It’s never the Budge show. 😀. You’re obsessed. She’ll not be here forever mate, just chill out on it. 

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I've been to more home games than the majority on here but Tynie is not home to me under Budge. The only people who feel at home at Tynie are the opposition. Our home record the past 3 years backs this up.

MarkDevriesScores4

My away days are done. It’s a personal choice and I choose not to give any clubs outside hearts gate receipts.

Also, I hope when we do come back up we make it very clear away fans (Hibs, Celtic etc) are limited to one section only.

If that means altering our budget then so be it.

We don't need their support to survive so let's start acting like it.

32 minutes ago, communist said:

This talk of boycott has dampened my enthusiasm for the championship now, I don't want it just to be a sparse few in the away ends, I want it to be full, loud and getting behind the team. 

Well, that’s up to everyone else though isn’t it? If it dampens your enthusiasm, then maybe you will start to understand how they feel about it. 

Anyone who puts money into Raith, Ayr, Dundee or Dunfermline needs there head looked at. These clubs wished us the very worst.  

9 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Agree mate we should travel on mass and Ridicule these shitey wee teams and their CEOs whilst letting these wankers at SPFL and SFA know what we think of them .

These club chairmen are not worried about getting destroyed on the park, they have no ambition, they are only interested in £££'s, £££'s that some Hearts fans are more than happy to hand over to them in reward for shafting us.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

My away days are done. It’s a personal choice and I choose not to give any clubs outside hearts gate receipts.

Apart from the teams that voted with us. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I liked

Mercer

Robinson ( for the best part)

Macdonald

Clarke

Jordan

Robbo

Burley

Vlad

Ivanauskis

Jeffries

Levein (1st time)

So you liked three men who left the club in a far worse position than when they arrived, but you despise a woman who has put us on the firmest financial footing we've been in in over half a century?  

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I've been to more home games than the majority on here but Tynie is not home to me under Budge. The only people who feel at home at Tynie are the opposition. Our home record the past 3 years backs this up.

It’s only the bigots that she’s chased, mate. 

Chuck Berry
21 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

Agree. Either boycott period or not at all. If we go up do we boycott in the Prem? Who decides when it’s ok to give teams our money and when we do will it not devalue the original boycott? My other concern is it causes division within our support especially as emotions will be running high for a considerable time to come. Maybe a life ban from Dens Park and plus another if they were very vocal (I’ve forgotten who were the worse culprits) would be easier than a blanket boycott. 

As JKB tweeted, perhaps in the run up to an away game (or prior to tickets going on sale), we remind ourselves of the involvement of each club in this whole saga.

Raith, Dundee and Ayr wouldn't fare too well, ICT would.

Perhaps list the clubs now with comments attached, make it a sticky at the top of the forum.  There's going to be those who voted for the resolution but backed reconstruction. They may be cut a little slack.  Any club who voted for the resolution, against reconstruction, and were gobby about it should see an empty away end.

Edited by Chuck Berry

5 minutes ago, Fedupfan said:

Exactly

7 minutes ago, Tito5195 said:

Says the 2 posters with 13 posts each....we were shite...move on...etc etc...and his mate agrees

Just outed yourselves there.

10 minutes ago, Tito5195 said:

Honking

Dundee 

Dundee United

Celtic

St Mirren

Rather Rovers

I won't be going to any of the above grounds. Period.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Apart from the teams that voted with us. 

It is all sounding so Old Firm now.

We have to be better than that. People are full of shite.  We will travel in vast numbers as usual. Just like the Huns did 7 years ago after saying the same.

21 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

Who decides when it’s ok to give teams our money and when we do will it not devalue the original boycott? 

The individual decides.

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

So you liked three men who left the club in a far worse position than when they arrived, but you despise a woman who has put us on the firmest financial footing we've been in in over half a century?  

We are complete losers under Budge. A balance sheet is only great so far.

And we are exactly where we are on the field after 6 years of Budge than before.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

It is all sounding so Old Firm now.

We have to be better than that. People are full of shite.  We will travel in vast numbers as usual. Just like the Huns did 7 years ago after saying the same.

No we won't # Not a single penny. 

Famous 1874

As a fan base we need to make a stand here. Boycott all away games next season bar Inverness. Some of the comments by opposition chairman regarding us have been nothing short of disgraceful. I will be spending more money in the club shop and upping my donation to the FOH. **** those corrupt *******s and hit them where it hurts, on their income statement. 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Well, that’s up to everyone else though isn’t it? If it dampens your enthusiasm, then maybe you will start to understand how they feel about it. 

I can understand, without agreeing. 

Seems a bit OTT for me.