Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

17 minutes ago, communist said:

None of that will stop me from following my team if I'm honest. 

On our side or against us, who cares? 

You can watch Hearts at Tynie and there will be away games on the tele.

There's really no excuse to line enemy clubs pockets. Not one.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Just now, Cruyff said:

No thanks, I'd prefer to be there in person, hardly any away games will be on the telly I'd have thought. 

I take it you never go to celtic Park, ibrox or ER? 

I do assume you mean when crowds are allowed back, I won't be paying for other clubs streams. 

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hearts fans will care.

Not all hearts fans. 

A weekend without watching hearts just won't sit right with me. I've also been amongst some pretty small away crowds at pottodrie, rugby Park etc, so I fail to think a boycott would make much difference (in the spfl anyway).

I can't wait for the season to start and hope that crowds can get back ASAP. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh, it’s up to you what you do but it’ll last as long as there is support for it. Not going to criticise folk for wanting to travel and support the team but the reasons for not going are solid. If I was twenty years younger I’d still be going as it was a major part of my social life and a chance to show off my new trainers. Wouldn’t mean a boycott wasn’t a good idea though. 

Yeah that’s true enough, It won’t stop me going as an away might be the only one I can make whenever I get a weekend off so for me I don’t want to miss out on seeing hearts play. Haha yeah I feel you new trainers on football day, until someone scuffs them 😂🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

If your ticket costs £24 then after vat it’s £20 into the pot. 20% to SFA for expenses leaves £16. Each club gets £4. So from your £24 the tax man gets £4, Hearts get £4 and Celtic, Hibs , Aberdeen and the SFA get £16 between them. Tell me how that is benefiting us and not the other clubs and org that shafted us?  
Why not boycott the semi, give your £24 directly to FoH, and we still take 25% of the semifinal pot funded by Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen  fans? 
We would get 20,000 at £20 (£24-£4) if every Hearts fan did that. That’s an extra £400k straight into the bank account. 

I’ll not be at the Semi lining the pockets of the SFA, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

And the argument that a huge vocal Hearts supports makes the difference, I’ve lost count of the number of times a massive Hearts support has made hee haw of a difference.

Anyway, a huge support in Gorgie to see the team off and welcome them back will get the message across to the players, without needing to be at Hampden.

Edited by amadjambo

Just now, HMFC1-5 said:

Yeah that’s true enough, It won’t stop me going as an away might be the only one I can make whenever I get a weekend off so for me I don’t want to miss out on seeing hearts play. Haha yeah I feel you new trainers on football day, until someone scuffs them 😂🤦‍♂️

Aye, it’s up to you bud. Just have a think about the reasoning behind the boycott. I consider the reasons for not going are rock solid but up to the individual at the end of the day. 

Just now, communist said:

No thanks, I'd prefer to be there in person, hardly any away games will be on the telly I'd have thought. 

I take it you never go to celtic Park, ibrox or ER? 

I do assume you mean when crowds are allowed back, I won't be paying for other clubs streams. 

Completely different circumstances. 

The Championship clubs need our gate money.

They've lost a fixture v Dundee Utd. We have a huge away support. A boycott of Championship Clubs will cost them dearly.

A blanket boycott of two away trips to Dens for example would cost Dundee  approx £100,000k possibly more. 

Ex member of the SaS

As a Hearts fan I can fully understand why some would want to go and watch our club play ( I won't say win as we can't win them all ) However to happily line the pockets of clubs that shafted us when to vote in favour would have had zero effect on them shows how much they need our cash. So go to games, however don't expect the rest of us to be happy at your choice, as when these clubs go bust we will be the ones who rejoice knowing full well we help shaft those who shafted us.

Not generally a vindictive type but when clubs put out statements like it's too far to travel and if it costs Hearts who cares, then I for one will be dancing on their graves.

Just now, Cruyff said:

They've lost a fixture v Dundee Utd. We have a huge away support. A boycott of Championship Clubs will cost them dearly.

A blanket boycott of two away trips to Dens for example would cost Dundee  approx £100,000k possibly more. 

They could make some of that up with the twenty season tickets they’ve sold 😀

Just now, Cruyff said:

I stupidly assumed you were talking of only of the spfl clubs. 

Yeah it would have a bigger impact in the championship for sure. I wouldn't have a go at anyone for choosing to boycott, but I won't be one of them. I loved the last championship season and its away days especially. 

It breaks the monotony of visiting the same old grounds. Although a sort of boycott for myself may be imposed if crowds aren't allowed back soon, I'd only pay to go, I'm not going to pay for an away stream. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

your wasting your time mate

I get people want to go and watch Hearts home and away. However I am very supportive of a boycott of away grounds next season and then the first season back in the Premiership. 

I think it is extremely important to not let this one go easily. We need to keep the message up that the SPFL, SFA and most other clubs have acted horrendously here and keep that demonstration going for a while. 

I would deem the semi final as different as we would just be hurting ourselves by not attending. 

Much as it would go against the grain, if I was in Edinburgh, I'd find other things to do on away days.  As well as contributing to FoH I would go to a junior game, or the rugby or Edinburgh city.  I would not contribute a penny to the clubs which voted against us.

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Your perogative but you must be a Buddhist cos I hate every other club except 3 won't give them the steam off my sh@te

This whole debacle hasn't changed my opinion of any other club in Scotland.

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As I said in another thread. We should turn up in huge numbers and belt out Hearts songs for 90 minutes outside the stadium while the game is on-going.

Bang on. Simple but effective. But of a delayed reaction once we realise we have scored mind!

How long do people plan on boycotting for? 

Forever? 

I remember laughing like mad when rangers done it. Did anyone care? No. Will people care or beg us to return? I don't think so. The extra money for Hearts is a positive for sure, but I'd still prefer to support the team on the day if and when I can. 

30 minutes ago, communist said:

Not all hearts fans. 

A weekend without watching hearts just won't sit right with me. I've also been amongst some pretty small away crowds at pottodrie, rugby Park etc, so I fail to think a boycott would make much difference (in the spfl anyway).

I can't wait for the season to start and hope that crowds can get back ASAP. 

You dont care about Hearts being shat on?

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

This whole debacle hasn't changed my opinion of any other club in Scotland.

Nor me. 

RedStarRiot

100% backing a boycott. I hope we contribute to the downfall of some little tin pot teams who are banking on our fans giving them pay days. The more of them that go under the better. 

Just now, Gambo said:

You dont care about Hearts being shat on?

Do you expect rival fans to clamour to save us? Would you expect hearts to do it for them?

What's there to care about, ultimately it was a chairman on each board that voted, it wasn't a national vote. I've met supporters from lots of clubs recently, some are sympathetic, some are not, what difference does it make? 

Did anyone actually think anything else was going to happen. I for one didn’t. 
it’s only our own fault. 7 months of games and bottom of the league. Drawing against Hamilton at home and getting beat at st Mirren, nobody fault apart from us. 

Get over it and get back supporting the team when we can. 

51 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think:

HMFC

Partick Thistle

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Stranraer

Edinburgh City

Falkirk

Are the only ones that didn’t make the ***** list, to the best of my memory? 🤷‍♂️

East Fife

Rangers

comradejambo

Devastated after today and I am in the “no” to away grounds bandwagon. I would like the club to do a “home for away” day at the club each away week. Put a buffet lunch on every week and a pint - 15/20 quid and cash bar. Have football on the radio in background or tv if it’s on.  Maybe a football quiz later on.  Close bar 11pm or so. Hearts get the money. Could open up the Gorgie for it/ expand if enough support! Only Hearts. As supporters we need to back the club more than ever! 

Edited by comradejambo

Forever Hearts
Just now, ecky92 said:

it’s only our own fault. 7 months of games and bottom of the league. Drawing against Hamilton at home and getting beat at st Mirren, nobody fault apart from us. 

You do realise the season wasn't finished?

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

East Fife

Rangers

East Fife = Fair enough.

Rangers? Convince me... because I don’t really like them very much.

Is it worth starting a new thread on alternative ways to protest?  I've been to 2 away games in 10 years, and definitely wouldn't want to discourage anyone from attending if they want to.

Is there anything else we can do to protest?  Not so much to harm other clubs, just to make what we're all feeling visible.  I honestly can't think of anything we can do!

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

I think we will find that the people calling for boycotts are the sort of big game only away fans. 

The fans who love following the team here there and everywhere will and should continue to do so. 

Deary me.

5 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

the season wasn’t over didn’t you know ? 
look at the English championship , Villa, W. Bremen for glaring examples of why nigh on a quarter of a season is ‘rather’ important 

9 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Our league position was our fault. The fact the league wasn’t allowed to finish was not our fault. I can run through telling the time and doing up your laces next if you like?

Edited by GinRummy

vladisacoward

Not a chance on earth I’ll be at any away games next season or the one after that. Finding it very hard to convince myself I’ll go to the semi all things considered and only reason I’m even thinking about it is because of who the opponents are. **** ‘em all. **** the lot of it at the moment. Scorched earth policy for me. Interim interdict and off to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Ruin the game for the lot of them. Nothing less than this farcical, corrupt, hypocritical shambolic mess deserves.

It’s no surprise whatsoever that justice wasn’t served today. It’s amazing anyone ever thought it would be. Far too big a decision for them to make especially considering the wider society problems right now and for the foreseeable so they’ve taken the easy way out. Cowardly, predictable, bereft of intellect and symptomatic of a much wider malaise in this country. 

Everyone can make there own mind up to back our club at whichever ground they wish.Had so many great trips to see our beloved team but I would encourage a mass boycott of the spfl cup semi final

The Showpiece of Scottish football should be made a laughing stock 

25000 hearts fans heading to tynecastle that day donating £25 per head to a one charity would make national news to show up spfl for what it is 

RedStarRiot
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

look at the English championship , Villa, W. Bremen for glaring examples of why nigh on a quarter of a season is ‘rather’ important 

Some on here seems content to take it on the chin. These clubs who voted against us have impacted is financially. I think it's fair we try to do the same back. 

15 minutes ago, communist said:

How long do people plan on boycotting for? 

Forever? 

I remember laughing like mad when rangers done it. Did anyone care? No. Will people care or beg us to return? I don't think so. The extra money for Hearts is a positive for sure, but I'd still prefer to support the team on the day if and when I can. 

Exactly, it looks pathetic. I'm sure our manager wants a loud, appreciative and vocal support backing the team wherever we play. Whenever we get crowds back properly. 

We have been crap all year, if ever there was a time to support and help the team wherever they play, it's now. 

1 minute ago, Fedupfan said:

Exactly, it looks pathetic. I'm sure our manager wants a loud, appreciative and vocal support backing the team wherever we play. Whenever we get crowds back properly. 

We have been crap all year, if ever there was a time to support and help the team wherever they play, it's now. 

Looks pathetic to who? Apart from you and a couple of guys on here. 

4 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Not a chance on earth I’ll be at any away games next season or the one after that. Finding it very hard to convince myself I’ll go to the semi all things considered and only reason I’m even thinking about it is because of who the opponents are. **** ‘em all. **** the lot of it at the moment. Scorched earth policy for me. Interim interdict and off to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Ruin the game for the lot of them. Nothing less than this farcical, corrupt, hypocritical shambolic mess deserves.

It’s no surprise whatsoever that justice wasn’t served today. It’s amazing anyone ever thought it would be. Far too big a decision for them to make especially considering the wider society problems right now and for the foreseeable so they’ve taken the easy way out. Cowardly, predictable, bereft of intellect and symptomatic of a much wider malaise in this country. 

Court cases are over now, that was the final decision today.  There is no option for any appeals or interdicts. It's over. 

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep, anything could have happened, that's true. It's also true that for the past 18 months on here and in the stands, it's been toxic, with lots of people being cynical about the way the team was going. We were utterly woeful for months. 

Now however, we've tried reconstruction, jumped through the hoops of the Court of Session, before eventually ending up failing at arbitration. We can keep banging the drum of injustice and unfairness (and I'm not saying it isn't unfair or unjust at all) or we can get on with things, get behind the team and move on. We quite possibly could have stayed up, but it's a moot point, the (shambolic) vote happened, the league is over, its been checked and verified as much as possible up to this point by every avenue. Clubs voted selfishly and its not surprising. 

Are those boycotting planning on this for life or is there a time limit on their grievance? 

This talk of boycott has dampened my enthusiasm for the championship now, I don't want it just to be a sparse few in the away ends, I want it to be full, loud and getting behind the team. 

williamgerrard

Any hearts fan that steps into a team thats screwed us over aint a real hearts fan simples ps im also one of the fans who use to go to all home and away and now only going to home games they can ram there semi finals up the corrupt backside

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Boycott of away grounds in the championship will definitely hit clubs hard. They will notice, no doubt about that. They e probably started budgeting for us coming twice. We could absolutely **** them up by staying away. 

For me, it's down to individual fans to make the decision on whether or not to attend away games.

We all feel very angry (to say the least) at the way we have been treated, for some that means we have no desire to line the pockets of clubs who shafted us, for others, there is a desire to support our team come what may.  I think we should respect whatever decision Hearts fans make, and I certainly don't think those that decide to support us in away games should be derided for doing so, or branded as some sort of traitors.

Personally, I'm not someone who usually attends many away games, so my decision to boycott those teams that shafted us is something of a hollow gesture, in that not many will be losing out from my non-attendance.  What I have decided to do though, is to make a contribution to FOH whenever we play an away game, equivalent to what I would have spent had I decided to attend that game.

I'm hoping to enjoy a trip to Inverness, it's a nice town (or is it a city?) with friendly locals and a Hearts legend in the dugout.  The rest of them can GTF as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own.

1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

Any hearts fan that steps into a team thats screwed us over aint a real hearts fan simples ps im also one of the fans who use to go to all home and away and now only going to home games they can ram there semi finals up the corrupt backside

Can you start a thread giving the all clear, when it's good to go again then please, mate? 

Behave yourself😂

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

For me, it's down to individual fans to make the decision on whether or not to attend away games.

We all feel very angry (to say the least) at the way we have been treated, for some that means we have no desire to line the pockets of clubs who shafted us, for others, there is a desire to support our team come what may.  I think we should respect whatever decision Hearts fans make, and I certainly don't think those that decide to support us in away games should be derided for doing so, or branded as some sort of traitors.

Personally, I'm not someone who usually attends many away games, so my decision to boycott those teams that shafted us is something of a hollow gesture, in that not many will be losing out from my non-attendance.  What I have decided to do though, is to make a contribution to FOH whenever we play an away game, equivalent to what I would have spent had I decided to attend that game.

I'm hoping to enjoy a trip to Inverness, it's a nice town (or is it a city?) with friendly locals and a Hearts legend in the dugout.  The rest of them can GTF as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own.

Exactly how I feel.  Let's not turn on each other.  

Though I do think we should be making a concerted effort to give Raith and (in particular) Dundee as little money as possible.  

Tbh a tiny little pocket of Hearts fans means they have to pay for police, stewards, kiosk staff etc, for very little return. 

I go to some away games, not all, but in the Championship I would definitely have gone to Dundee, Raith, Dunfermline, Arbroath and possibly Ayr (for the trip). Not a ****ing chance will I be going.