Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Not a chance in hell I will be at any away matches next season, barring ICT, ( and Partick or Stranny if we ever meet ).

In fact, I reckon my days of away games anywhere in Scotland are now at an end.

Each to their own if they want to go, but I just could not stomach handing over any financial help to any club that gleefully hammered the nails into our coffin with impunity.

I'll be at Hearts hospitality much more often, the club shop, and at any Live broadcasts shown at Tynecastle of our away matches instead

Me too 👍🏽

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

buzzbomb1958
47 minutes ago, HMFC1-5 said:

You make it sound as though I’m the enemy....I’ll just enjoy being able to go to games again when we can and the only wins that matter going forward are on the pitch something we really need to improve on.

You just don't get it 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

What question? I can't predict the future but for next season, and for certain clubs the following if we are promoted, they will not see a penny of my money.

I'm sure a lot will go to away games, but they should know they are benefitting the clubs who shafted us. I'll do everything I can to persuade mates to not go.

How long will the whole boycott idea last? If we do it this season then all come back next season it just looks a bit pointless? Why not come along and join us in a glorious rendition of f the sfa and all the other clubs to boot 😂

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

We will be on Friday nights for away games on a regular basis for bbc so very easy to show beam back type games in hospitality areas within Tynie

What's the odds on ICT away on a Friday night ?

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No you’re not, the money is split so you’re basically giving it to the club. 

If your ticket costs £24 then after vat it’s £20 into the pot. 20% to SFA for expenses leaves £16. Each club gets £4. So from your £24 the tax man gets £4, Hearts get £4 and Celtic, Hibs , Aberdeen and the SFA get £16 between them. Tell me how that is benefiting us and not the other clubs and org that shafted us?  
Why not boycott the semi, give your £24 directly to FoH, and we still take 25% of the semifinal pot funded by Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen  fans? 
We would get 20,000 at £20 (£24-£4) if every Hearts fan did that. That’s an extra £400k straight into the bank account. 

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You just don't get it 

What don’t I get, that as a fan I can have a different opinion to you and if I want to go and watch my team I will? Or I’m a traitor to the club for handing money to those clubs who have wronged us? 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, HMFC1-5 said:

How long will the whole boycott idea last? If we do it this season then all come back next season it just looks a bit pointless? Why not come along and join us in a glorious rendition of f the sfa and all the other clubs to boot 😂

Why would it be pointless? it hurts our enemies in the pocket, that is the ONLY message they understand.

A wee sing song and a banner would be laughed at, poked fun at on social media, and then forgotten.   A £40/50k hole in ticket sales for Raith or Ayr or Dunfermline isn't so easily forgotten.

38 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I remember Dundee United complaining a few years back that a cup game against rangers was due to be boycotted and they asked about having to share the gate receipts , they were told there was nothing that could be done about this as it was in the rules albeit the rangers fans ended up going) 

so do I go and hearts get 25% of my ticket price, or not go and donate the full ticket price to FOH then hearts get 100% of my ticket price ?

( plus hearts would still get 25% of the pulled money.

Correct, see my later post. 

3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Not just his opinion. At the very least, it’s mine too. 

And mine - and lots of other Jambos I know.

Said it before I won’t be going to any more away grounds apart from the small handful of clubs that voted sensibly

JamboAl1965

can't believe anyone can accept our club being shafted like this, then decides to financially benefit those clubs shafting us. each to their own but only hearts for me.

buzzbomb1958
3 minutes ago, HMFC1-5 said:

What don’t I get, that as a fan I can have a different opinion to you and if I want to go and watch my team I will? Or I’m a traitor to the club for handing money to those clubs who have wronged us? 

You don't get that these teams will be laughing their ars*s off at you for handing over your hard earned to keep them in business  but hey ho if you want to help them out it's a free country or so I thought

People are aware we will have to weigh in the opposition club if we want to beam back match coverage from there grounds

So still putting money in there pocket im

afraid, kind of defeats the point of staying away if they are still getting our money

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You don't get that these teams will be laughing their ars*s off at you for handing over your hard earned to keep them in business  but hey ho if you want to help them out it's a free country or so I thought

Ah so the second part then. To be honest I really don’t care what they do it’s irrelevant getting wound up by them, come on! 🤷‍♂️, I just want to go and watch Hearts whenever I can and wherever that happens to be and if that puts me at odds with the majority of our fans (jkb) then so be it sadly. 

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

People are aware we will have to weigh in the opposition club if we want to beam back match coverage from there grounds

So still putting money in there pocket im

afraid, kind of defeats the point of staying away if they are still getting our money

Dont think we can?

14 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Why would it be pointless? it hurts our enemies in the pocket, that is the ONLY message they understand.

A wee sing song and a banner would be laughed at, poked fun at on social media, and then forgotten.   A £40/50k hole in ticket sales for Raith or Ayr or Dunfermline isn't so easily forgotten.

Because people won’t stick to it, for it to work you’d have have everyone stay away consistently and it just won’t happen which is why I don’t back it and yeah I know I’m one of the few it seems who does still want to go but you see where I’m coming from? Even if I said okay I’ll not go many still will regardless ergo pointless. Well perhaps we should look at other clubs around Europe and their displays and take it from a wee sing song to something more meaningful and make a big point in their ground and in the press etc but in reality it won’t happen either.  

girvanjambo

I'm drinking my sorrows away here, but there is a downside to boycotting away games - the team suffers, through no fault of their own. Balance that against teams like Ayr who I hope go pop, giving them 10p would leave a bad taste in mouth. 5000 jambos on Ayr shore would be highly satisfactory. 

I wish to focus my venom and hatred to clubs who "shafted us" for next season and for the rest of my natural. I also wish to pay this forward through children, grandchildren and beyond.  Do we have a full list of "goodies" and "baddies"?.  I have time on my hands now and work to do plus more voodoo dolls to make.  Doncasters doll is almost ready .. I just need to decide how smug to make the face.

47 minutes ago, HMFC1-5 said:

So what how long do we do this a year, 5, 10? Where does it stop because you know as well as I do Scottish football is fundamentally screwed inside out and these clubs and boards will never change their mentality to us, they would screw us a hundred times over without thought. I do give to FOH when I can like many of us but end of the day and more to the point my work makes it tricky to get to games at the best of times so if an away day is there I’d go in heartbeat.

How long? Either my lifetime or when there is a fundamental change in the management of the game in this country. 

22 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

can't believe anyone can accept our club being shafted like this, then decides to financially benefit those clubs shafting us. each to their own but only hearts for me.

As a medical experiment, I'd be interested to see if I could hand over £40 to Hibs without vomiting.

Pretty sure I couldn't but I will never know.

It's interesting that clubs are having to become accustomed to playing in empty stadia.  That will help us to a modest extent in away grounds when crowds are back.

2 hours ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Sell out Tynie every home game. 

Give away fans as little seats as possible 200 seats max.

Boycott away grounds for one season at least.

fk them all.

Only Hearts 💕 

Absolutely needs to be extended to 2 seasons, when we get back up next year, we have a bunch of Premiership clubs to kick squarely in the goolies

I think some Hearts fans under estimate the hatred a lot of Hearts fans have for Scottish Football.

A line has been crossed.

Imagine going to Somerset Park, handing over £25,  & no matter what the result is, knowing the Ayr Chairman is pissing all over you.

Each to their own but i cant get my head around that.

Plus we can obviously use our fancy new stadium to watch any TV games in the various rooms there, or perhaps our own big TV outside (like St Andrews Square), depending what events on obviously.

Chuck Berry
17 minutes ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Because people won’t stick to it, for it to work you’d have have everyone stay away consistently and it just won’t happen which is why I don’t back it and yeah I know I’m one of the few it seems who does still want to go but you see where I’m coming from? Even if I said okay I’ll not go many still will regardless ergo pointless. Well perhaps we should look at other clubs around Europe and their displays and take it from a wee sing song to something more meaningful and make a big point in their ground and in the press etc but in reality it won’t happen either.  

No, sorry I don't see where you're coming from.  If ever there was a time for Hearts fans to do the right thing and stick together then this is it.  Give your ticket price to FoH, not Ayr United.

6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

How long? Either my lifetime or when there is a fundamental change in the management of the game in this country. 

Well if that’s what you feel it takes I respect that but if ever there was a time for change it was now and yet again passed up 😕

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I think some Hearts fans under estimate the hatred a lot of Hearts fans have for Scottish Football.

A line has been crossed.

Imagine going to Somerset Park, handing over £25,  & no matter what the result is, knowing the Ayr Chairman is pissing all over you.

Bingo.

husref musemic

I 100% will not be at any away grounds. I'll neither forgive or forget. 

i just totted up last season - i was at 7 games x 3 tickets. That's either going to hearts or staying in my pocket. Pr!cks.

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If your ticket costs £24 then after vat it’s £20 into the pot. 20% to SFA for expenses leaves £16. Each club gets £4. So from your £24 the tax man gets £4, Hearts get £4 and Celtic, Hibs , Aberdeen and the SFA get £16 between them. Tell me how that is benefiting us and not the other clubs and org that shafted us?  
Why not boycott the semi, give your £24 directly to FoH, and we still take 25% of the semifinal pot funded by Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen  fans? 
We would get 20,000 at £20 (£24-£4) if every Hearts fan did that. That’s an extra £400k straight into the bank account. 

Now that makes sense.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

First the money, say we take 20k to the semi, Hibs 20k, Aberdeen 10k and Celtic 30k. We get the money from 20k of the tickets. Our share will basically be what we take to the game, we don’t give 3/4 to the others teams and they give us 1/4 of their individual share. As I said before I’m up for boycotts and it get your reasoning and figures, I’m up for not going to away games in the cup and being given money from other clubs. 
There will be no fans or very few at the games, they will be lucky to have 10-15k at the final in December. If it was anyone else bar Hibs it might be different. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

I 100% will not be at any away grounds. I'll neither forgive or forget. 

i just totted up last season - i was at 7 games x 3 tickets. That's either going to hearts or staying in my pocket. Pr!cks.

Well said 👍🏽

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

No, sorry I don't see where you're coming from.  If ever there was a time for Hearts fans to do the right thing and stick together then this is it.  Give your ticket price to FoH, not Ayr United.

Rest assured I’ll give whatever I can to FOH to ensure the financial safety of our club, I’m clearly in the minority here and that’s okay I get that but I just feel making our presence felt at these grounds can make a big impact throughout football not just on on our game albeit it would prevent the financial damage that they do deserve amongst other things, I just felt we’d make a better stand visually than by boycotting is all

Can we make a comprehensive list of every team and a reason why they won't be getting a penny more of our cash and pin it to the front of this board so we don't ever forget. 

And also a list of the teams that stood along side us during this absolute shit show. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Rest assured I’ll give whatever I can to FOH to ensure the financial safety of our club, I’m clearly in the minority here and that’s okay I get that but I just feel making our presence felt at these grounds can make a big impact throughout football not just on on our game albeit it would prevent the financial damage that they do deserve amongst other things, I just felt we’d make a better stand visually than by boycotting is all

Has any one of the tin pot clubs that have come to Tynecastle recently, played us off the park and left with three points been bothered about having under 500 fans there.

The team will need to get used to no fans being there anyway so it shouldn’t be a problem. 

13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A line has been crossed.

bang on.  I’d never be able to look at myself knowing I’d handed over money to these very clubs who put the boot in. 
What will make me look in the mirror and smile is putting that £25 into FOH.

I get some will go and that’s on their conscience fair enough but for me it’s game over . Only Hearts

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A line has been crossed.

I'm with you.

I've recently retired from a job which stopped me going to away matches. Back in the day, I usually only missed a couple of games each season. It pained me to have to curtail the regular following.

I was really looking forward to going home and away again. Not going to happen now, except for clubs who had decency and integrity during this corrupt farce. Disappointed, but no chance of those people getting my money. I'll find a way of giving it to Hearts instead.

The players will have to perform without me, and others, lending support at away grounds. It's up to them to carry the fight on the away pitches without the likes of me. It's not as though we will be playing Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Has any one of the tin pot clubs that have come to Tynecastle recently, played us off the park and left with three points been bothered about having under 500 fans there.

The team will need to get used to no fans being there anyway so it shouldn’t be a problem. 

Sadly I can’t argue that point 👏

Gorgie_Rules
1 minute ago, communist said:

None of that will stop me from following my team if I'm honest. 

On our side or against us, who cares? 

It’s a tricky one, im massively against giving cash to the clubs who unfairly punished us but at the same time why should our players suffer in support as a result.

I think there should be an effort by the whole support to not give to clubs any more than ticket money, no pies, confectionery etc, if you have kids take your own stuff for them, no hospitality days etc. 

11 minutes ago, communist said:

Hearts fans will care.

I think:

HMFC

Partick Thistle

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Stranraer

Edinburgh City

Falkirk

Are the only ones that didn’t make the ***** list, to the best of my memory? 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, communist said:

I don’t believe you are a Hearts fan.

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, communist said:

I care because we have been done over.

I hope our fans associations get behind the idea of a boycott. You can't stop people going, but you can do everything to make it inconvenient.

Not being able to buy tickets through the club would be one. Buses not being run would be another. FOH running a donate a ticket scheme to unofficially encourage people who want to support the club further to direct their cash here instead of there would help too. 

I want those spineless cretins to feel it. 

Absolutely incredible that any Hearts fan would even consider going and handing money over at any of these petty wee clubs next season.  We have just been shafted beyond belief and virtually all of them voted for it.  With plenty to say in the process.  

1 hour ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Tbh, it’s up to you what you do but it’ll last as long as there is support for it. Not going to criticise folk for wanting to travel and support the team but the reasons for not going are solid. If I was twenty years younger I’d still be going as it was a major part of my social life and a chance to show off my new trainers. Wouldn’t mean a boycott wasn’t a good idea though. 

merseyjambo

We have no idea how this disgraceful decision is going to change our playing staff. 

By putting money in the coffers of these clubs who voted to demote us, we are giving them the opportunity to strengthen their playing squad.

The boycott shouldn’t be about hate red of these clubs, it should be about giving us the best chance to get back into top league and if that means denying other clubs finance to pay for players, then so be it. We look after ourselves first.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I bet a few clubs were hoping to fleece us by charging over the top ticket prices, now I can see them offering discounts if they believe we won't turn up. Don't fall for it folks!

Let them suffer financially.

ToadKiller Dog

I was against boycotting the semi final ,but given the reasoning for the decision is being denied us ,which is a massive up yours to fans .

I will give this a miss