Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No. I think it is all a shit show and unfair. But we simply have to strap on a set and move forward. We are the reason we were 12th. If we were 8th at the time do you think we would be giving 1 **** about the team in 12th?

I would. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Just now, soonbe110 said:

I would. 

You’d give a shit about St Mirren being expelled like we were ? I wouldn’t, I’d be laughing my cock off. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The league season is. The SPFL don’t have the power to end the cup. It’s only 3 games. I’m not seeing the issue with moving it to a time it can be played. It’s the SPFL who made the wrong decision here. Moving the cup to new dates was actually the right decision and if we hadn’t been expelled we’d be relishing a semi with Hibs.

I can see a 50 50 split on it.

Its last season any way its dressed. Personally won't be funding any other club 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No. I think it is all a shit show and unfair. But we simply have to strap on a set and move forward. We are the reason we were 12th. If we were 8th at the time do you think we would be giving 1 **** about the team in 12th?

Daft analogy. Why would we care if it was somebody else? 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we're playing away and Partick are at home. Go to Firhill instead. 🤷

I think you are taking this too far. Though I suppose Stranraer would be a lot further 

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The league season is. The SPFL don’t have the power to end the cup. It’s only 3 games. I’m not seeing the issue with moving it to a time it can be played. It’s the SPFL who made the wrong decision here. Moving the cup to new dates was actually the right decision and if we hadn’t been expelled we’d be relishing a semi with Hibs.

The SFA look like they are seeking to add insult to the SPFL's injury. I won't be going to any cup semi-final. TV for me...If the SFA fine us, I'll donate the ticket cost to FOH...

Chuck Berry

With regard to finishing last seasons Scottish Cup, it is now having a direct impact on non-league clubs.

The SFA refuse to start next seasons cup until last seasons Final is played, meaning less dates to allow all 60-odd non-league members to take part.  They are proposing only TEN are drawn to enter.

The First Round involving these lucky TEN?  Boxing Day.  This is a genuis idea brought to you by Mike Mulraney.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

The SFA look like they are seeking to add insult to the SPFL's injury. I won't be going to any cup semi-final. TV for me...If the SFA fine us, I'll donate the ticket cost to FOH...

Personal choice I completely understand and have no difficulty with.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I can see a 50 50 split on it.

Its last season any way its dressed. Personally won't be funding any other club 

You’re not funding another club going to a cup semi final. The gates are pooled and shared after expenses and fees. Personal choice though. Don’t have any problem with your position.

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Can't see any fans in grounds this year so boycott talk is pointless.

And next season if there is no promotion or fail to come up??? 

Garvock jambo

Posted on another thread about going to Kelty hearts when we have games against pars, raith and alloa, would support a club that was damaged like us and financially hurt the back stabbers, sure this could happen in other parts of the country, there are thousand of us

FTSFA/FTSPFL and the obvious 

maroonlegions
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Who is to blame for being rock bottom at the time?

Totally missing the point. This was about loss of revenue, not relation, that was my point but you knew that anyway. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re not funding another club going to a cup semi final. The gates are pooled and shared after expenses and fees. Personal choice though. Don’t have any problem with your position.

My 30 quid split 5 ways. No thanks considering who the other 4 are 6 quid to Hearts. 

20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve no problem with a boycott. Our wee group manage 3-4 games a season away and make a day of it. The only place we’ll be going next season is Inverness which is good as we stay the night and have a right good day out. No one wants to go anywhere else and that was decided amongst us weeks ago.

We’ll all be going to Hampden, hopefully twice. We draw the line at not supporting the team in BIG games. I want us to pull out all the stops to win that fecking cup. There is no greater slap in the puss we could deliver. Having a big noisy angry support at the semi will help A LOT!! (if crowds are allowed of course)

Re Hampden, we will now be going to a semi without three or four of our best players in all probability due to an unfair expulsion. Add to that the fact that our opponents will now be allowed to play new signings who are already cup-tied in this competition. 
Yet you still think it’s the right thing to do to go along as though nothing has happened?  

As a support we should refuse to buy tickets for semi and final and maximise the income to our club. Fans give FoH £30 ticket money rather than SFA and still take a 25% share of both semis and the final gate income. Both of our games will be on tv, all lounges at Tynecastle open and selling seats at £30 to watch it on tv. Probably worth nearly £2m to us over both games. 

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’d give a shit about St Mirren being expelled like we were ? I wouldn’t, I’d be laughing my cock off. 

I would be laughing but I’d still think it was very unfair and wrong. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No, you are funding three other clubs! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

And SFA

23 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Enjoy filling the coffers of those who sought to harm us. A win win for them.

You make it sound as though I’m the enemy....I’ll just enjoy being able to go to games again when we can and the only wins that matter going forward are on the pitch something we really need to improve on.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes I’ve thought that through again, but I’m still going (if permitted) I’m a Hearts fan. I support Hearts. I want to see us winning trophies and I don’t miss big games where the level of support makes a difference (like the last 2 Hampden games against Hibs) I cant think of anything worse than Hibs fans outnumbering Hearts fans 10-1 at Hampden. WTF are the players going to think walking out to that.!!! 

Edited by JimmyCant

Chuck Berry
Just now, HMFC1-5 said:

You make it sound as though I’m the enemy....I’ll just enjoy being able to go to games again when we can and the only wins that matter going forward are on the pitch something we really need to improve on.

You're entitled to go to any game you want, no problem with that.  Just be aware of the fact that the clubs who voted us down, voted against relegation, bad mouthed us in the media and told us to take our medicine would also benefit from increased revenue from the Hearts support.

Otherwise, carry on.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, HMFC1-5 said:

You're exactly the type of Hearts fan the Ayr United chairman is banking on to fill Somerset Park next season. Go back and have a look at his comments regarding our demotion. 

Finlay James
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Cringe.

I am very pissed off with it all but this is no-ones fault bar our own. We have been run, managed, coached and represented on the pitch by gutless losers for the best part of 3 years.

It is no-ones fault bar our own. We were the worst team in the league and this covid nonsense just sealed our fate prematurely. If anyone else was 12th at the time then they would be down. It is not a Hearts witch hunt.

We owe no other team **** all and no other team owes us **** all.  Sadly, this is not a new start as the loser still runs us. 

Yawn

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're exactly the type of Hearts fan the Ayr United chairman is banking on to fill Somerset Park next season. Go back and have a look at his comments regarding our demotion. 

And the massive chasm amongst fans opens again within hours of the decision.

Edited by JimmyCant

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

And the massive chasm amongst fans opens again within hours of the decision.

If you and others want to line the coffers of these clubs then carry on. I just find it incredible. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, mre said:

There will likely be no fans allowed anyway so it won't matter a toss. 

The boycott should last forever not just the next few months.

Harry Potter
26 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Good idea 👍.

Pasquale for King

Boycott all away games, apart from Semis and Finals as we get cash from that, Scotland games, don’t watch games on tv, have nothing to do with any of it. Personally I’m not going to any place that a team voted to relegate us plays in.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No you’re not, the money is split so you’re basically giving it to the club. 

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I am fully aware what that tool spouted but end of the day what will all this actually achieve? Are we all enraged at the treatment we’ve suffered and the vindictive manner other chairmen and supporters shown over the last period, absolutely 100% but at the end of the day so what if our money goes to them, so what if it keeps them afloat, why do we actually care what happens to them. We should be going when we can and creating as a big a scene as possible, walking away is a well known trait of sevco. I don’t like any of this one bit but I certainly won’t be following suit.

Edited by HMFC1-5

22games nro
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Re Hampden, we will now be going to a semi without three or four of our best players in all probability due to an unfair expulsion. Add to that the fact that our opponents will now be allowed to play new signings who are already cup-tied in this competition. 
Yet you still think it’s the right thing to do to go along as though nothing has happened?  

As a support we should refuse to buy tickets for semi and final and maximise the income to our club. Fans give FoH £30 ticket money rather than SFA and still take a 25% share of both semis and the final gate income. Both of our games will be on tv, all lounges at Tynecastle open and selling seats at £30 to watch it on tv. Probably worth nearly £2m to us over both games. 

I remember Dundee United complaining a few years back that a cup game against rangers was due to be boycotted and they asked about having to share the gate receipts , they were told there was nothing that could be done about this as it was in the rules albeit the rangers fans ended up going) 

so do I go and hearts get 25% of my ticket price, or not go and donate the full ticket price to FOH then hearts get 100% of my ticket price ?

( plus hearts would still get 25% of the pulled money.

13 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You're entitled to go to any game you want, no problem with that.  Just be aware of the fact that the clubs who voted us down, voted against relegation, bad mouthed us in the media and told us to take our medicine would also benefit from increased revenue from the Hearts support.

Otherwise, carry on.

I am fully aware and tbh don’t really care at this point it’s not going to change the situation sadly, we knew we’d be shafted and I hoped for a better outcome than we got today but again we could all see it coming. But this is a childish mentality of oh they did they a nasty thing so we’ll run away and play tit for tat rather than bring as many droves of Jambos to their cesspit stadiums and show them who’s bigger not only financially but in a football sense and enjoy administering skelpings to these cretins. End of the day a large visual and vocal display will not go down well with these teams and the governing body as opposed to empty stands which is a another win for them imo. 

kingantti1874

I am fully aware and tbh don’t really care at this point it’s not going to change the situation sadly, we knew we’d be shafted and I hoped for a better outcome than we got today but again we could all see it coming. But this is a childish mentality of oh they did they a nasty thing so we’ll run away and play tit for tat rather than bring as many droves of Jambos to their cesspit stadiums and show them who’s bigger not only financially but in a football sense and enjoy administering skelpings to these cretins. End of the day a large visual and vocal display will not go down well with these teams and the governing body as opposed to empty stands which is a another win for them imo. 

Empty stands is a win for teams who thought they’d profit by voting us down. 😂 that’s a cracker. 

Chuck Berry
Just now, HMFC1-5 said:

It's childish to decide not to hand over £20/£25 to a rival club who wanted to see you shafted? Aye ok.   There wont be any banners or demonstations, hopefully the away ends are largely empty.

Give your money instead to FoH, or your local non league club, take a game in at Firhill, go to the pub, take your family somewhere nice.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Empty stands is a win for teams who thought they’d profit by voting us down. 😂 that’s a cracker. 

What I’m getting at is if we all don’t go then to me it’s a win for the authority, it’s more an fu statement to them for our treatment, end of the day I want what’s best for our club our fans but I still always want to be there regardless of the shafting we’ve received by these clubs and the bent board

kingantti1874
Just now, HMFC1-5 said:

What I’m getting at is if we all don’t go then to me it’s a win for the authority, it’s more an fu statement to them for our treatment, end of the day I want what’s best for our club our fans but I still always want to be there regardless of the shafting we’ve received by these clubs and the bent board

I want the teams win voted us there, and told us to take our medicine, to receive some medicine. A beating and some empty pockets.. 

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It's childish to decide not to hand over £20/£25 to a rival club who wanted to see you shafted? Aye ok.   There wont be any banners or demonstations, hopefully the away ends are largely empty.

Give your money instead to FoH, or your local non league club, take a game in at Firhill, go to the pub, take your family somewhere nice.

So what how long do we do this a year, 5, 10? Where does it stop because you know as well as I do Scottish football is fundamentally screwed inside out and these clubs and boards will never change their mentality to us, they would screw us a hundred times over without thought. I do give to FOH when I can like many of us but end of the day and more to the point my work makes it tricky to get to games at the best of times so if an away day is there I’d go in heartbeat.

Chuck Berry

So what how long do we do this a year, 5, 10? Where does it stop because you know as well as I do Scottish football is fundamentally screwed inside out and these clubs and boards will never change their mentality to us, they would screw us a hundred times over without thought. I do give to FOH when I can like many of us but end of the day and more to the point my work makes it tricky to get to games at the best of times so if an away day is there I’d go in heartbeat.

You do what you want to do, it's your choice.

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

No boycott here, I'll be back to watching Hearts every week at the first opportunity. 

Your perogative but you must be a Buddhist cos I hate every other club except 3 won't give them the steam off my sh@te

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, HMFC1-5 said:

And by the act of you handing over your hard earned to those clubs that  threw us to the lions , you are giving the sign that they could do it again and  not just us but others  as well and its ok.Corruption should NEVER be endorsed or weakly challenged.  It should be faced with a zero tolerance attitude followed by  acts of non compliance 

Edited by maroonlegions

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

You do what you want to do, it's your choice.

See you couldn’t answer my question though....so once this all settles down and we get back playing many will be going along begrudgingly for some definitely but a lot will come and those that don’t for reasons mentioned above that’s absolutely fine too

GorgieRules22

Our federation of supporters clubs should be making a statement saying they won’t be travelling to any away game next season and include last seasons Scottish Cup in that aswell.

Chuck Berry
Just now, HMFC1-5 said:

See you couldn’t answer my question though....so once this all settles down and we get back playing many will be going along begrudgingly for some definitely but a lot will come and those that don’t for reasons mentioned above that’s absolutely fine too

What question? I can't predict the future but for next season, and for certain clubs the following if we are promoted, they will not see a penny of my money.

I'm sure a lot will go to away games, but they should know they are benefitting the clubs who shafted us. I'll do everything I can to persuade mates to not go.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Anyone turning up at away games (ICT) aside is showing up in support of the SPFLs decision.

Not a chance in hell I will be at any away matches next season, barring ICT, ( and Partick or Stranny if we ever meet ).

In fact, I reckon my days of away games anywhere in Scotland are now at an end.

Each to their own if they want to go, but I just could not stomach handing over any financial help to any club that gleefully hammered the nails into our coffin with impunity.

I'll be at Hearts hospitality much more often, the club shop, and at any Live broadcasts shown at Tynecastle of our away matches instead

Edited by Busby8

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And by the act of you handing over your hard earned to those clubs that  threw us to the lions , you are giving the sign that they could do it again and  not just us but others  as well and its ok.Corruption should NEVER be endorsed or weakly challenged.  It should be faced with a zero tolerance attitude and acts.

Of course it shouldn’t and you are absolutely right but how long has it gone on, wrong of course but we’ve given everything to try and bring the shady doings of the SPFL into the light and still we get shafted, but my decision to go and watch Hearts and please take all the politics aside is based on my love of watching the game and my team and I shouldn’t be marked down for that being the basis of my attendance, I respect the idea but I just feel that aside from those teams getting a big gate off us coming, what we could achieve as a protest together making ourselves heard and seen rather than just boycotting completely and as I asked above where does it stop 1 season, 2? Regardless of the circumstances won’t you miss away days too eventually?

We will be on Friday nights for away games on a regular basis for bbc so very easy to show beam back type games in hospitality areas within Tynie

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I remember Dundee United complaining a few years back that a cup game against rangers was due to be boycotted and they asked about having to share the gate receipts , they were told there was nothing that could be done about this as it was in the rules albeit the rangers fans ended up going) 

so do I go and hearts get 25% of my ticket price, or not go and donate the full ticket price to FOH then hearts get 100% of my ticket price ?

( plus hearts would still get 25% of the pulled money.

Indeed. When we do boycott away cup games we still get a cut of their own fans money, not just costing them money but their fans are actually paying us. 

43 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes I’ve thought that through again, but I’m still going (if permitted) I’m a Hearts fan. I support Hearts. I want to see us winning trophies and I don’t miss big games where the level of support makes a difference (like the last 2 Hampden games against Hibs) I cant think of anything worse than Hibs fans outnumbering Hearts fans 10-1 at Hampden. WTF are the players going to think walking out to that.!!! 

Think the players might be aware before the game that there won’t be many Hearts fans in attendance. Hampden will be more than half empty, in fact lucky if there’s more than 15k at the game so lack of fans not a huge issue.