MAFIA: Shapes' Shambles - part 1

Shapes

yvonnejambo
7 hours ago, Boof said:

It was just the 'Pretty confident' bit that had my ears pricked up.

If Yvonne IS a goon, she'd be scunnered at that in the goon-chat but casually neutral on-thread.

I think I need a player list...

Could say he was 💯% confident considering he knew everyone out with his fellow goons are good

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• Shapes

• Groot

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

yvonnejambo
7 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I voted Yvonne for this comment, which could be construed to be encouraging an assassination from someone, which at this point of the game I assumed would be like shooting in the dark and unlikely to harm the goons.

Boy was I wrong. 😂

I’m not sure why that makes me look goonly, I was just saying it is something that can liven up a boring first day. 

Whooo

sorry i went awol yesterday. Was on a different type of medicine last night otherwise I would have saved myself. Steamboats last night. 

cheers. 

whoooo

9 hours ago, Smack said:

Pretty clear you're the assassin anyway since you're still breathing 😂 Nice shooting, what was it about Vlad? Or was it revenge for his sharp shooting in a previous game? Should Milky be worried? 

@Smack are you trying to get the assassin to take me out. and not on a date?

2 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Could say he was 💯% confident considering he knew everyone out with his fellow goons are good

He surely couldn't have been 100% confident that you were one or t'other if he had no knowledge of who might be either of those roles.

I mean, sure - he'd know that you're either a goon (hence his 100% confidence) or not a goon (can't see how he'd have any level of confidence - other than knowing that you're a good player and had just had a brainfart moment).

As someone who's been in a team with Vlad recently I'd welcome some input from @Groot...is there an element of loose cannonry?

Edit - scunner that Alim would have saved himself but was off out trying to chat up that cute junior doctor instead :lol: Too late now, of course, but you do know that you don't need to wait until night to perform your doctorly duties? I can't recall who modded the game where I was Doc recently but I was able to fire in my saves at any time - even to put in an ordered list of suggestions depending if my intended first save target was looking likely to be lynched

Edited by Boof

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

@Smack are you trying to get the assassin to take me out. and not on a date?

No, just wondering if Sheldon wanted to pump you. Pump you full of lead that is. Some people might call that a date 🤷‍♂️ I seem to recall you gave him a solid shafting in the last game. 

This is a better day already - a few decent theories and defensive responses to liven things up.

I'm always suspicious of the quiet ones though.

10 hours ago, Boof said:

1. Stuart McNeill

2. yvonnejambo

3. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

4. AlimOzturk - Doctor night 1 goonkill

6. Vlad Magic - Goon Assassin kill #1 (night 1)

8. Dunks

9. Bunny Munro

11.Smack

12. jambosean75

13. Boof

14. Groot

15. iantjambo

16. milky_26

17. Marvin

19. Rudi Skacel - townie (and lawyer) day 1 lynch

Bringing the player list to current page. Note that it might be wrong - Boof posted it :D

On 27/07/2020 at 08:19, Vlad Magic said:

Morning all.

Would use BS if I was cop. I’m not though.

Just a boring Townie again I’m afraid. 

Morning.

No, you really aren't.

Emmm - no, you're not one of them either.

On 27/07/2020 at 10:17, Vlad Magic said:

Vote Alim

Last person to vote vote 👍

And that's where Vlad's vote stayed.

On 27/07/2020 at 18:50, Vlad Magic said:

People getting their excuses in early for being quiet.

Goon behaviour.

Accusing folk of goon behaviour is goon behaviour....oh, shit... :lol: 

23 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Pretty confident Yvonnes “cop doc” faux pas was just that.

So little to go on which is always the case first day.

That's the only thing that stuck out for me. I can't look past that 'pretty confident' line...

13 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Sean not happy with Dunks 😂😂😂

After night time was called. A bit of bravado naming one of his buddies? Probably not...but maybe...?

Since I know nothing and our resident meteorology hater has popped his clogs, I'll say the weather is still depressingly grim. A bit less windy today although an area of low pressure does seem to be approaching if my barometer is any sort of barometer for that type of thing. The localised flooding risk is no longer in effect and the UV index and pollen counts are low. 

13 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just some by the by game chat, this was of some interest to me, mostly because it was posted by Vlad. It's probably nothing, but was he pointing a finger at Sean for struggling to settle on a vote for his goonly chum? Or was he just amused? 

Stay tuned for details of my lunch, it's looking like spring rolls atm. 

Damn! The one theory of any sort I had and Boof has beaten me to the punch. Probably also makes it double bollocks 😁

Edited by Smack

Vlad managed 4 posts during the game day.

I think a day 1 post count would be handy if anyone can be ersed - mind you what folk say is usually more useful than how often they say it.

Would the entire goon team be as quiet as Vlad? Normally I'd say no, but they could be trying a different tactic...

Nooooo...I'm not going to have to....am I...........?

14 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

43 minutes ago, Boof said:

After night time was called. A bit of bravado naming one of his buddies? Probably not...but maybe...?

I’m glad someone else noticed this as a bit suspicious. It struck me almost immediately that maybe it didn’t belong on the main thread. Did Vlad post something onto the thread that he was meant to post on the Goon PM thread?

Bunny Munro
4 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

I’m not sure why that makes me look goonly, I was just saying it is something that can liven up a boring first day. 

Like I say, it wasn't much.

And you're correct, it can liven the game up, but rarely works well for the town 

Bunny Munro
5 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Goon list

Stuart

Bunny 

No real reasons just a hunch 

Is this just because i voted for you it is there some other reason behind it.

yvonnejambo
19 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Is this just because i voted for you it is there some other reason behind it.

No reason as I still am clueless.

Im about to drive from Aberdeen to  Ullapool with a stop for shopping in Inverness, so I won’t be on here till tonight and by then I might see something that makes me change my mind 

No idea who's who so voting is about the best I can do to see what happens. 

Will go with Dunks for now since he wasn't investigated and there's also the Vlad comment. Happy to listen to any better ideas. 

Vote Dunks

Spring rolls were meh. 

Well something happened. Hope people are drawing their own conclusions because if you're following me it's the blind leading the blind 😁

I'll leave my vote as it is at the moment and see how things develop, you'd have to assume the goons can't afford to stand by and lose another but also can't be too obvious if Dunks is a goon. I have no idea if he is or not. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Interesting, I had come online with a plan of voting for Dunks as I was quite intrigued by the thought of "what if I hadn't changed my vote last night".

It's interesting to note that Stuart has joined the pile on and also voted for Dunks at the deadline last night thinking he was taking him into a tie on the back of Shapes' poor counting skills.

Stuart McNeill
3 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Interesting, I had come online with a plan of voting for Dunks as I was quite intrigued by the thought of "what if I hadn't changed my vote last night".

It's interesting to note that Stuart has joined the pile on and also voted for Dunks at the deadline last night thinking he was taking him into a tie on the back of Shapes' poor counting skills.

If I was the assassin all 3 bullets would be used.

Normally I am conserved and don't like putting people in ties etc.

Deciding this game as a townie, just to cause mischief.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
11 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

If I was the assassin all 3 bullets would be used.

Normally I am conserved and don't like putting people in ties etc.

Deciding this game as a townie, just to cause mischief.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt last night as I thought you had gone with the same approach as myself. Now I'm not so sure.

Hanging fire just now though.

Stuart McNeill
8 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt last night as I thought you had gone with the same approach as myself. Now I'm not so sure.

Hanging fire just now though.

If I was a goon, I wouldn't be admitting to just jumping on the bandwagon for a lynch...

Not following this discussion between you two, Sheldon and Stuart. As far as I can see Stuart only voted for one person, me, on Day 1.

The first time Sheldon mentioned it I thought you had mistakenly said Stuart instead of Sean. But now you seem sure and for some reason Stuart isn't contradicting this. 

What's going on? 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
14 minutes ago, Smack said:

Not following this discussion between you two, Sheldon and Stuart. As far as I can see Stuart only voted for one person, me, on Day 1.

The first time Sheldon mentioned it I thought you had mistakenly said Stuart instead of Sean. But now you seem sure and for some reason Stuart isn't contradicting this. 

What's going on? 

I just went back to check as you cast doubt in my mind.

It was Sean, and now I'm even more confused!

Completely passed me by last night but the Cop found someone good.

Bit of a pisser if that was Alim - only the Cop and masons will know.

Assuming it wasn't Alim OR either of the masons...and assuming the masons have worked out who the Cop is successfully...each mason should have a trust-list of 4. Them, their buddy, the Cop and the investigatee.

The Cop should have a two-sized trust list...maybe more if, somehow, the masons have managed to convey that they know their identity. I don't think I've even tried doing something like that as Cop or mason so wouldn't know how to go about it :lol: 

The goons - what's their plan of attack going to be? Try to turn? Try to identify roley folk? If it was me - I'd want to get someone turned. Also get rid of the Cop before they do too much damage, of course, so it's important for the Cop to remain as undercover as they can.

Back to my question earlier - Vlad was pretty quiet. Has anybody stood out as being more talkative than usual? Less talkative?

What d'you think the goons' plan of attack is going to be? One chatty, one middling and one quiet? All quiet? I dunno but if I can prompt some discussion - or notice some players pointedly avoiding discussion - that might prove telling.

1. Stuart McNeill

2. yvonnejambo

3. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

4. AlimOzturk - Doctor night 1 goonkill

6. Vlad Magic - Goon Assassin kill #1 (night 1)

8. Dunks

9. Bunny Munro

11.Smack

12. jambosean75

13. Boof

14. Groot

15. iantjambo

16. milky_26

17. Marvin

19. Rudi Skacel - townie (and lawyer) day 1 lynch

42 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I just went back to check as you cast doubt in my mind.

It was Sean, and now I'm even more confused!

Too many people have a username starting with 'S' :lol: or, in jambosean75's case, one that handily shortens to one starting with 'S'.

My laptop is messed and my mate is currently looking at it.

vote Sheldon.

just to get a vote in. Hopefully I'll be back late.

8 minutes ago, Shapes said:

6 to vote still with 2 hours to deadline? If I've got that right.

5 still to vote

Just now, Shapes said:

5 still to vote

4 now that Ian has voted 

Dunks 3

Sheldon 2

Groot 1

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Happy to do tit for tat for now.

Vote Ian

There are some question marks hanging over that Dunks pile on and I'm not voting for myself to take it to a tie 😂

yvonnejambo

Back home and had a read over. Think maybe find a couple less iffy than others, but could easily be wrong! 
Vlads comment about Dunks could mean Dunks is 1 of his teammates but not sure if I want to get involved in a pile on based on that 1 comment. 
So many potential goons and worried about voting a good role player 😩

Going to Vote Bunny

just not as convinced about him as  some others 

I'm not understanding this Dunks pile-on either, but surely you can't all be goonly!

Let's see if a 

Vote Groot

wakens him.

43 minutes ago, Shapes said:

4 now that Ian has voted 

Dunks 3

Sheldon 2

Groot 1

I'm not going to disagree with the moderator...but that's only 6 votes and we have 12 folk still left alive...