MAFIA: Shapes' Shambles - part 1

Shapes

Just now, iantjambo said:

I always claim to be a townie in my opening post. I didn’t this time, I wanted to see if anyone would pick up on it.

i had the remaining two goons down to groot, you or smack with sean an outside chance.

also i thought groot might have been the assassin

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• Shapes

• Groot

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i had the remaining two goons down to groot, you or smack with sean an outside chance.

also i thought groot might have been the assassin

I had you as high probability of being a mason. You seemed almost desperate to save Dunks.

yvonnejambo

So were milky and Marvin the masons? 
Groot and Smack would have been my other targets. 

1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

yes me and marvin, shapes forgot to tell us who dunks investigated on night one

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I had you as high probability of being a mason. You seemed almost desperate to save Dunks.

i was trying to make sure we got another investigation and was happy to socrifice myself. Then we had groots hissy fit about post times

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i was trying to make sure we got another investigation and was happy to socrifice myself. Then we had groots hissy fit about post times

Had to be done :lol: B) :P

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I need to start getting better at reading voting patterns and the like, particularly close to a deadline. I didn't even think to connect Milky's (and possibly Marvin's) to trying to save Dunks. I just get an idea in my head and see how far I can run with it 😂

I had a feeling the assassin was going to go for me on night 2, but the goons had got there first anyway. I had assumed that they were trying to get the turncoat which would've been crucial had Groot been lynched instead of Dunks.

Boof as Turncoat would've been very interesting had it played out!

Had Groot as a nailed on goon after the day 2 shenanigans, no man in his right mind would leave a shitey arse that long if he was a townie. But my confidence was in tatters after the Dunks slaying.

Thought the second goon was Stuart with an outside chance of Yvonne or Ian and had Marvin as assassin. Thought Sean was a mason up to day 2 which is why I felt the Dunks lynch was green lighted. 

Edited by Smack
stupid question

2 minutes ago, Smack said:

Had Groot as a nailed on goon after the day 2 shenanigans, no man in his right mind would leave a shitey arse that long if he was a townie. But my confidence was in tatters after the Dunks slaying.

Thought the second goon was Stuart with an outside chance of Yvonne or Ian and had Marvin as assassin. Thought Sean was a mason up to day 2 which is why I felt the Dunks lynch was green lighted. 

Who was the doc?

Alim was doc and was lynched first night.

I had a suspicion of Marvin being assassin. 

We half expected the assassin to kill Groot during night 2. So that was a pleasant surprise that she was inactive.

After day 2, it was obvious that Sean, Stuart and Smack weren’t masons and we knew they hadn’t been investigated  so they were the ones that were ripe for framing. We probably would’ve killed Boof at some point and and that would’ve added to our numbers.

36 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Alim was doc and was lynched first night.

I had a suspicion of Marvin being assassin. 

We half expected the assassin to kill Groot during night 2. So that was a pleasant surprise that she was inactive.

After day 2, it was obvious that Sean, Stuart and Smack weren’t masons and we knew they hadn’t been investigated  so they were the ones that were ripe for framing. We probably would’ve killed Boof at some point and and that would’ve added to our numbers.

Thought I was a goon kill? Either way, I ****ed up by getting rat arsed and not saving myself. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Thought I was a goon kill? Either way, I ****ed up by getting rat arsed and not saving myself. 

Aye, you’re right enough. Rudi was lynched and we killed you.

3 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Thinking of you at this time, my mum was 46 when we lost her to cancer, its a bit shit but you will pull through.

Yeah me and Milky were the masons. I was telling the truth about my laptop problems. After running the system file checker it seems I have corrupt files that the sfc couldn't fix.

Rudi Skacel

I will give it a week and then ill run one. Will open sign ups next friday. 

im still off work. Nothing much else to do

23 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Sounds good

See BS, is this just a tactic where by the masons basically get to figure out who the cop is early doors? What is the advantage of this?

Rudi Skacel
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

See BS, is this just a tactic where by the masons basically get to figure out who the cop is early doors? What is the advantage of this?

the masons know who the cop is, so in theory they will be able to steer a lynch away from the cop. Since there is 3 or 4 (in games of years gone past) masons. 

it allows the masons to build a trust list including the cop and whoever they have investigated

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yes. If the Cop doesn't use it then the masons might end up being part of his lynch-mob if he's not too good at deflecting votes. I'd suggest it's handier to have numbers, though it didn't help much in this game! That curious Dunks pile-on seemed to come out of nowhere - even I hadn't had time to find him dodgy :lol: 

It just gets one extra piece of useful (for the town) information out there without the Cop having to 'waste' an investigation.

As Sean rightly points out, one disadvantage is that if the Cop finds a goon on night 1 they can narrow him down to 1 out of 3 (or however many goons there are). That's where the masons have to play it canny since if they go for that goon straight away, they'll risk letting the goons know exactly which one of them was investigated. On the other hand, if the goons DO go for the player above them - either through aggressive daytime chasing or a night whack - they risk giving themselves away as once the Cop is deid, everyone will know the status of the player he investigated on niight 1.

That was why Bunny went onto my trust list as soon as Dunks went.

Edited by Boof

7 hours ago, Groot said:

What made you pick him?

The scenes on the Goon PM when we found out Dunks was the cop :arry:

You posted something early doors that suggested you were dodgy, but I couldn't investigate you on night 1 due to BS. I was then first to vote for you on day 2, then the town lost it :D

yvonnejambo
3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Was my assassination down to a lucky shot in the dark or revenge for a previous game?

I just thought you were being a bit quiet and trying to hide so was worth a bullet 😁 Groot and Smack would have been my other 2

13 hours ago, Boof said:

Yes. If the Cop doesn't use it then the masons might end up being part of his lynch-mob if he's not too good at deflecting votes. I'd suggest it's handier to have numbers, though it didn't help much in this game! That curious Dunks pile-on seemed to come out of nowhere - even I hadn't had time to find him dodgy :lol: 

Where did it come from? I don't think he posted anything that one would say was dodgy. 

I have fixed my laptop issue too thankfully.

Can people in future who say they'd use reverse BS just declare they aren't going to us BS in the game thread. None of this rev bs (when I first played and saw people BSing I thought they meant Bullshitting). 

Rudi Skacel
6 hours ago, Marvin said:

Can people in future who say they'd use reverse BS just declare they aren't going to us BS in the game thread. None of this rev bs (when I first played and saw people BSing I thought they meant Bullshitting). 

no. More fun. 

On 01/08/2020 at 19:11, Rudi Skacel said:

no. More fun. 

I guess there's a chance that after night one investigation, the masons only know the cop is one of two players if the one above said BS and the one below said reverse BS.

Unlikely, but possible. And yes, potentially more fun :D

On 27/07/2020 at 11:15, Smack said:

If I'm the cop then I'll use BS or investigate Iantjambo. But I'm not and I won't. 

On 27/07/2020 at 13:54, iantjambo said:

So basically you’re saying you might or might not use BS. I’m sure the masons will appreciate that. Already, yourself and Rudi have gave them some potential complications when trying to figure out who the cop is.

14 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I guess there's a chance that after night one investigation, the masons only know the cop is one of two players if the one above said BS and the one below said reverse BS.

Unlikely, but possible. And yes, potentially more fun :D

Messing about with BS can also scare the goons a bit if you happen to pick on one of them. In hindsight I should have made more of Ian's response. Thought he was just being crabbit at the time though 😁

Stuart McNeill
On 31/07/2020 at 20:41, Rudi Skacel said:

You still setting up a game?