MAFIA: Shapes' Shambles - part 1

Shapes

Bunny Munro
46 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

unless a goon was already in the mix and you increased their odds of getting away

With little to go on, statistics suggest otherwise.

My vote for Yvonne isnt a stab in the dark.

It's a hunch based on something that has been said. Could - and likely is - a red herring, but it's all I have,

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• Shapes

• Groot

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I need to vote for someone and have about 3 minutes to do so. It is the only thing I have to go on so I'll make things interesting.

Vote Rudi

Increase the town's chances of catching a bad guy. Like I say, if it doesn't pay off then so be it.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Was that last vote count correct? I'm not sure it was.

If I'm not allowed to say that I'll be quiet 👀

1 Dunks vote Yvonne
2 Sean vote Groot
3 Rudi vote Yvonne
4 Yvonne vote Rudi
5 IanT vote AlimO
6 AlimO vote Dunks
7 Vlad vote AlimO
8 Marvin vote Boof
9 Milky vote Smack
10 Smack vote Marvin
11 Groot vote Sean
12 Rudi unvote Yvonne
13 Rudi vote Boof
14 Boof vote Smack
15 Sheldon vote Dunks
16 Rudi unvote Boof
17 Rudi vote Yvonne
18 Marvin unvote Boof
19 Marvin vote Bunny
20 Sean unvote Groot
21 Stuart vote Smack
22 Sean vote Smack
23 Sean unvote Smack
24 Sean vote Dunks
25 Bunny vote Yvonne
26 Sean unvote Dunks
27 Sean vote Dunks
28 Sean unvote Dunks
29 Smack unvote Marvin
30 Smack vote Rudi
31 Boof unvote Smack
32 Boof vote AlimO
33 Sheldon unvote Dunks
34 Sheldon vote Rudi
35 Sean vote Dunks

Gives us

Yvonne 3

Alim Ozturk 3

Rudi 3

Dunks 2

Smack 2

Sean 1

Bunny 1

Subject to me having cocked up...always possible especially now when I'm listening to that blood pressure-raising Podcast.

The first day was over and there was indeed a shambles from shapes as she miscounted 👀 all was rectified though and the town could not agree between 3 people who they thought were goons.

The random generator decided to kill

Rudi skacel - lawyer.

As no townies had died before rudi died there are no wills to be read out, rendering that role completely pointless 😂

Night PMS in please 

7 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

The usual. People who talk and do something on day one get voted off. 

Maybe a discussion for the next sign-up thread but is there some way we could eliminate day 1?

Say - give the roled folk something to actually do or get their teeth into? 

Let the goons have an investigation the result of which is made public? Let the Cop have an early investigate which doesn't go to the masons?

I know it's night but this shouldn't have any bearing on this game.

26 minutes ago, Boof said:

Maybe a discussion for the next sign-up thread but is there some way we could eliminate day 1?

Say - give the roled folk something to actually do or get their teeth into? 

Let the goons have an investigation the result of which is made public? Let the Cop have an early investigate which doesn't go to the masons?

I know it's night but this shouldn't have any bearing on this game.

There was a role I saw that was similar to this but it wasn't necessarily the first day that got eliminated. Can't remember the title but basically the person with this role got to predict a solar eclipse or a lunar eclipse once per game. And that skipped either day or night.

Rudi Skacel

Need to do something. 

having an almost 48 hour day 1 isnt needed atall. It doesnt generate anything, there is nothing game wise to talk about. Get a quick day 1 out the way. 

Maybe next time in the sign up thread say that the first day will start on x day and the first deadline will be at 9 that same day. 

all i did was vote someone, unvote someone and vote someone else. Pretty piss poor. 

day 1 is awful. All these idiot who say on day one “ill have a read and see if i can spot something”

13 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Need to do something. 

having an almost 48 hour day 1 isnt needed atall. It doesnt generate anything, there is nothing game wise to talk about. Get a quick day 1 out the way. 

Maybe next time in the sign up thread say that the first day will start on x day and the first deadline will be at 9 that same day. 

all i did was vote someone, unvote someone and vote someone else. Pretty piss poor. 

day 1 is awful. All these idiot who say on day one “ill have a read and see if i can spot something”

It was always gonna be a long day 1 and I made that clear because of my shifts.

I don't have all night activity in. I'll be lenient this time but I really wanna get the game started before the morning so I'm gonna have to make a decision soon to continue the game.

8 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I don't have all night activity in. I'll be lenient this time but I really wanna get the game started before the morning so I'm gonna have to make a decision soon to continue the game.

I think the night time deadline needs to be reintroduced.

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I think the night time deadline needs to be reintroduced.

Agree. I'm gonna have to call it soon tbh.

I was looking forward to reading some wills. Always a bit shit going on day 1 Rudi - totally random, but we've all been there.

Night came and the doctor had a chance to save someone. He had gone AWOL though and didn't use his dose of medicine.

Meanwhile the cop found someone good.

The reason the doctor had gone AWOL was because the goons had spiked his late night drink with some poison.

Alim - doctor is killed by the goons.

The assassin had been watching the days activity with interest and decided to use their first bullet. They crept up behind vlad magic and strangled him to death.

Vlad magic - goon is dead.

It is now day. Deadline 9pm Wednesday.

Pretty good night.

Day 1 is what you make of it really. If you're not happy with people's lack of a contribution, vote them. You could also just pick someone and relentlessly go at them and see what shakes loose. All sorts of things are possible. We as a Mafia fhamily tend to sit on our hands and hope for survival 😁 I do share the frustration to an extent though. 

yvonnejambo
15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

@Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Why the late vote change to Rudi. Protecting Yvonne were you?

Definitely nobody protecting me and if I was a goon I would have expected my buddies to have either brought more into a tie or put 1 of the others in the lead. 
I will need to check back how long the 3 of us (all good) were left out in front. Goons would have been sitting back happy knowing 3 in the tie and none of their gang. 

Unlucky Rudi and Alim 😟 and well done assassin 👍

Edited by yvonnejambo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

@Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Why the late vote change to Rudi. Protecting Yvonne were you?

As if I would make it that obvious? That's a classic goon tactic and I'm experienced enough to know that.

My vote for Dunks was ultimately a wasted vote as it would've had no bearing on the outcome (I don't think Stuart would have voted for him had Shapes not miscounted) so I thought I would try and increase our chances of hitting a goon. It just backfired.

I'll be a target for the town tonight and perhaps rightly so but I'm willing to take one for the team to avoid a good roled player getting lynched.

On 27/07/2020 at 08:25, Rudi Skacel said:

Vote yvonne

docs cant investigate. 

id use reverse bs

goon list

Marvin

On 27/07/2020 at 09:19, Groot said:

Reverse BS is stupid Rudi, it helps no one

On 27/07/2020 at 09:58, Rudi Skacel said:

Good job i cant use it then 🤐

On 27/07/2020 at 15:26, Dawnrazor said:

What have I missed, why is everyone so pissed off?

On 27/07/2020 at 15:31, Rudi Skacel said:

really?

On 27/07/2020 at 19:03, Rudi Skacel said:

where do you play? I have been getting worse. I got a different set of irons and have been awful with them. I started the medal yesterday with an 8 9 8 before putting my tee shot on the 4th into the water. Then buggered off to the pub after. 

i have a lesson on Friday. Its badly needed. I have a horrible slice and at the moment have started the dreaded shanks.  

I hate golf. 

On 27/07/2020 at 22:02, Rudi Skacel said:

unvote yvonne

vote boof

On 27/07/2020 at 22:29, Rudi Skacel said:

you will learn. Boof posts alot but doesnt really say anything. 

On 27/07/2020 at 22:55, Rudi Skacel said:

thats alright. Yvonne still has me in the tie. 

now it would be silly if she unvoted me. However its day 1 and no one knows anything, so any votes/unvotes are just speculation till we get day and night 1 out the way. Then the game really begins. 

its why im never a fan of long first days. Nothing happens apart from marvin boring everyone about the weather. 

7 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Unvote boof

vote yvonne

back to where i originally was

2 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

The usual. People who talk and do something on day one get voted off. 

Rudi's effervescent Day 1 posts. 

Any clues? 

Harsh to talk about golf and then criticise Marvin's weather analysis. And in Marvin's defence he also alerted us to some IT problems and described a nomtastic sounding meal 😊

Not going to analyse everyone's posts - that's Boof's job.

On the subject of @Boofyou've said in the past you're a 'I cannot tell a lie' kinda person. Are you a goon? 

Edited by Smack

6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

As if I would make it that obvious? That's a classic goon tactic and I'm experienced enough to know that.

My vote for Dunks was ultimately a wasted vote as it would've had no bearing on the outcome (I don't think Stuart would have voted for him had Shapes not miscounted) so I thought I would try and increase our chances of hitting a goon. It just backfired.

I'll be a target for the town tonight and perhaps rightly so but I'm willing to take one for the team to avoid a good roled player getting lynched.

Pretty clear you're the assassin anyway since you're still breathing 😂 Nice shooting, what was it about Vlad? Or was it revenge for his sharp shooting in a previous game? Should Milky be worried? 

7 minutes ago, Smack said:

Not going to analyse everyone's posts - that's Boof's job.

Dunno - think that might've been a one-off :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Smack said:

On the subject of @Boofyou've said in the past your a 'I cannot tell a lie' kinda person. Are you a goon? 

Have I? I stand to be corrected but I'd say I'm more of a 'I don't like doing it to my Mafia chums but if I'm a goon and need to pull the wool over someone's eyes I will be economical with the truth' kinda guy.

And no, I'm not a goon in this game <-- not a lie

^ not a lie either

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
6 minutes ago, Smack said:

Pretty clear you're the assassin anyway since you're still breathing 😂 Nice shooting, what was it about Vlad? Or was it revenge for his sharp shooting in a previous game? Should Milky be worried? 

I'm saying nothing yet, they've got 2 bullets left! 😂

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Dunno - think that might've been a one-off :lol: 

Have I? I stand to be corrected but I'd say I'm more of a 'I don't like doing it to my Mafia chums but if I'm a goon and need to pull the wool over someone's eyes I will be economical with the truth' kinda guy.

And no, I'm not a goon in this game <-- not a lie

^ not a lie either

Close enough 😁 I'll take it on trust. Otherwise you'll forever be Boof the Double Liar. 

12 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Pretty confident Yvonnes “cop doc” faux pas was just that.

So little to go on which is always the case first day.

Right. This was the post that stood out for me from day 1 that suggested to me that Yvonne was a good guy. When I read it, it hinted to me that Vlad was knowledgeable about Yvonne's status. The only way that could happen would be if Vlad was the Doc or a mason. He wasn't either.

Though why he'd be advertising it so soon...?

So that puts my Yvonne-trust onto the back-burner for a wee while and I'm back to trusting nobody!

Bunny Munro
11 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

I have no clue or anything to add as it only gets interesting after night 1 unless the assassin decides to kill early on. 

I voted Yvonne for this comment, which could be construed to be encouraging an assassination from someone, which at this point of the game I assumed would be like shooting in the dark and unlikely to harm the goons.

Boy was I wrong. 😂

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Right. This was the post that stood out for me from day 1 that suggested to me that Yvonne was a good guy. When I read it, it hinted to me that Vlad was knowledgeable about Yvonne's status. The only way that could happen would be if Vlad was the Doc or a mason. He wasn't either.

So that puts my Yvonne-trust onto the back-burner for a wee while and I'm back to trusting nobody!

I think he was just trusting his gut instincts to be honest. I'm of the opinion it was just a simple mistake as well.

If the assassin has followed that logic then it's an incredibly lucky hunch.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

My guess is him being a goon he could say something about her positive for two reasons

1) She's a goon and he's backing her up

2) She's not a goon and he can say that knowing it won't come back to bite him on the ass

19 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I think he was just trusting his gut instincts to be honest. I'm of the opinion it was just a simple mistake as well.

If the assassin has followed that logic then it's an incredibly lucky hunch.

17 minutes ago, Groot said:

My guess is him being a goon he could say something about her positive for two reasons

1) She's a goon and he's backing her up

2) She's not a goon and he can say that knowing it won't come back to bite him on the ass

It was just the 'Pretty confident' bit that had my ears pricked up.

If Yvonne IS a goon, she'd be scunnered at that in the goon-chat but casually neutral on-thread.

I think I need a player list...

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

It was just the 'Pretty confident' bit that had my ears pricked up.

If Yvonne IS a goon, she'd be scunnered at that in the goon-chat but casually neutral on-thread.

I think I need a player list...

I was pretty scunnered with Vlad in the Mason chat last game for similar stuff mind you :lol:

1. Stuart McNeill

2. yvonnejambo

3. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

4. AlimOzturk - Doctor night 1 goonkill

6. Vlad Magic - Goon Assassin kill #1 (night 1)

8. Dunks

9. Bunny Munro

11.Smack

12. jambosean75

13. Boof

14. Groot

15. iantjambo

16. milky_26

17. Marvin

19. Rudi Skacel - townie (and lawyer) day 1 lynch

I’m curious about Sean voting Dunks. Was he thrown by the vote mis-count and he intended to put Dunks into the tie. Or did he notice the mistake and use it to his advantage to make a nice safe vote, which he could later say “I thought he was on 2 votes”.

On my dodgy list:

Yvonne: was she being protected by a fellow goon and was her cop/doc faux pas intended to throw people off the scent? 

Sheldon: Late change of vote to bring someone into a tie could look like he was protecting someone. He rightly says that it’s a classic goon move that he’s too experienced to play. However, would it be clever for a goon to make such a move just so he can say “I’ve played the game long enough to be that obvious” and thus take suspicion off himself.

Sean: As explained in my post above. He may have genuinely thought he was putting Dunks into a tie. But he’s a smart player that could easily use an error to his advantage. Are he and Dunks the remaining goons and he made a nice safe vote of a fellow goon so he could later say “I thought I was putting Dunks into a tie”?

yvonnejambo
7 hours ago, Boof said:

I still trust nobody! As Vlad has been proven to be a goon it could have either been something deliberate to try implicate me as he would know I am good or he was trying to build up a trust so he wouldn’t look goonly