• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• Shapes

• Groot

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunny Munro

I think I'll be hanging out in the shed for a while.

I never said before but I would use BS, but i cant.

Bunny Munro
4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Morning, was working but a combination of IT problems and a hospital appointment due in a couple of hours meant I got bugger all done. Its all Boof's fault (have to blame someone) :laugh: - Vote Boof

Clown with a balloon try to kill you?

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Arbitration result.

Ah, right, on a hill top in a tractor, got an elert on this thread and went and looked when I read your post😭😭😭

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

So basically you’re saying you might or might not use BS. I’m sure the masons will appreciate that. Already, yourself and Rudi have gave them some potential complications when trying to figure out who the cop is.

Confuses the goons more I'd say. Sean doesn't like using BS because if the cop finds a goon on night 1 they have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the cop. That's the logic, flawed or otherwise. 

56 minutes ago, Smack said:

Confuses the goons more I'd say. Sean doesn't like using BS because if the cop finds a goon on night 1 they have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting the cop. That's the logic, flawed or otherwise. 

And if they hit the wrong guy it increases their chances of being investigated...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Spent my day off on the golf course. It was a bit wet 😂

Heading out for a few beers tonight so won't contribute much, not that I've got anything to add!

yvonnejambo

I’m at mates in Aberdeen for next couple of days, so won’t be on as much as usual, but will keep an eye on this when I can. 

I'm too depressed this evening. I came here for some sanctuary, but not much happening. Away to have my tea.

Bunny Munro
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I'm too depressed this evening. I came here for some sanctuary, but not much happening. Away to have my tea.

What you having?

I'm making meatballs.

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

What you having?

I'm making meatballs.

Nah, Spicy pork stir fry with peppers and chillis with noodles :dribble:

10 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

People getting their excuses in early for being quiet.

Goon behaviour.

Certainly the behaviour of a player with a role.

Bunny Munro
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Nah, Spicy pork stir fry with peppers and chillis with noodles :dribble:

Well that sounds delightful.

I just make what I'm told to. 🤣

Rudi Skacel
22 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Spent my day off on the golf course. It was a bit wet 😂

Heading out for a few beers tonight so won't contribute much, not that I've got anything to add!

where do you play? I have been getting worse. I got a different set of irons and have been awful with them. I started the medal yesterday with an 8 9 8 before putting my tee shot on the 4th into the water. Then buggered off to the pub after. 

i have a lesson on Friday. Its badly needed. I have a horrible slice and at the moment have started the dreaded shanks.  

I hate golf. 

I’ll be honest I’m a tad ambivalent about todays decision maybe because I know how Scottish football works and it was always gonna end up this way so 

also just realised I didn’t say that I’d use BS, I would but I’m not the cop (I can’t remember ever being the cop to be honest)

gonna vote Sean for now because I know he loves it 😘

Pinched this from the mega-thread.

Just read it as if the space between the words isn't there - I haven't yet found someone to direct it at but I'm keeping my antennae active.

So if this fits you - consider it served...

giphy (10).gif

Someone suggested beer earlier - tip-top thinking.

1 Belhaven coming up. Maybe more if I can find any...if not then we just got a case of wine delivered today.

My spreadsheet tells me 11 folk have voted - curiously not one single unvote yet.

I suspect that may change - especially when those who've voted a goon buddy in a feeble attempt to look ungoonly need to unvote 'em to take then out of the tie. And let's face it...day 1 without a tie would be most unusual :lol: 

Rudi Skacel
14 minutes ago, Boof said:

My spreadsheet tells me 11 folk have voted - curiously not one single unvote yet.

unvote yvonne

vote boof

17 minutes ago, Boof said:

Someone suggested beer earlier - tip-top thinking.

1 Belhaven coming up. Maybe more if I can find any...if not then we just got a case of wine delivered today.

I suspect that may change - especially when those who've voted a goon buddy in a feeble attempt to look ungoonly need to unvote 'em to take then out of the tie. And let's face it...day 1 without a tie would be most unusual :lol: 

your looking more goonly by the post. 

Rudi Skacel
24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

you will learn. Boof posts alot but doesnt really say anything. 

44 minutes ago, Boof said:

... not one single unvote yet.

I suspect that may change - especially when those who've voted a goon buddy in a feeble attempt to look ungoonly need to unvote 'em to take then out of the tie. 

29 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

unvote yvonne

vote boof

Bit blatant, there, oh sweet left-pegged one, don'tcha think?

1 minute ago, Rudi Skacel said:

you will learn. Boof posts alot but doesnt really say anything. 

I say plenty - you need to read more closely. And I don't mean some of that white writing that used to happen :lol: 

30 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What in particular? The beer, the wine or the spreadsheet? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Smack said:

Do votes need to be in black type I wonder 🤔

It'll be a rule (or at least some visible colour!) in any future games I run :lol: 

Let's try it...

Vote Smack

Rudi Skacel
18 minutes ago, Boof said:

Bit blatant, there, oh sweet left-pegged one, don'tcha think?

thats alright. Yvonne still has me in the tie. 

now it would be silly if she unvoted me. However its day 1 and no one knows anything, so any votes/unvotes are just speculation till we get day and night 1 out the way. Then the game really begins. 

its why im never a fan of long first days. Nothing happens apart from marvin boring everyone about the weather. 

7 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

now it would be silly if she unvoted me. However its day 1 and no one knows anything, so any votes/unvotes are just speculation till we get day and night 1 out the way. Then the game really begins. 

The goons know something...I'm actually in two minds nowadays as to whether or not folk will put in an early vote for a goon buddy. It seems an easy way to accuse folk of chicanery when in reality the majority of us are just guddling in the dark for most of the game. I guess some will and go for the 'but I voted for him repeatedly' and some won't citing the 'how was I meant to know?' argument.

All I do know is that I'm in the know-nothing camp.

I seem to have put Smack in the tie so I'll need to be doing an unvote there - I still have a shiver remembering when I made a last minute switch and ended up killing the cop.

Edit - and belated apologies...I ought to have appended a chuckling emoji after that faux accusation.

Edited by Boof

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
4 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

where do you play? I have been getting worse. I got a different set of irons and have been awful with them. I started the medal yesterday with an 8 9 8 before putting my tee shot on the 4th into the water. Then buggered off to the pub after. 

i have a lesson on Friday. Its badly needed. I have a horrible slice and at the moment have started the dreaded shanks.  

I hate golf. 

Not a member anywhere. Have recently discovered Golf Now so have spent the last few weeks touring the central belt playing various courses. Today was Falkirk Tryst.

I'm not a great player by any means but have really got the bug back during lockdown. A few of my pals have really got into it recently so there's plenty people to play a round with. I'm getting better and this period has been good for my game but still a long way to go.

Where do you play? 8-9-8 is a familiar feeling 😂 although I did beat my mate 6&5 today.

Just catching up on the nights chatter, not a lot to go on as per usual.

Day one is always quiet and there's rarely anything to go on. And quiet is better than feckin golf chat 😳

Pretty confident Yvonnes “cop doc” faux pas was just that.

So little to go on which is always the case first day.

47 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Day one is always quiet and there's rarely anything to go on. And quiet is better than feckin golf chat 😳

it also does not help with the arbitration panel decision yesterday. people are likely to avoid here a bit

24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it also does not help with the arbitration panel decision yesterday. people are likely to avoid here a bit

Better in here than the Terrace but I just can't tear myself away from that thread.

The unfairness is just breathtaking (no COVID pun intended).

Suppose I should check with @Shapes that my red vote counts? Can't see why not - it's bold and perfectly visible. I'd count it if I was modding.

Bunny Munro

It's been very quiet, even for the first day. Interestingly there seems to be less people claiming to be townies than usual.

yvonnejambo

I have no clue or anything to add as it only gets interesting after night 1 unless the assassin decides to kill early on. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Sorry for taking the conversation off topic 😂

Vote Dunks

For his anti-golf stance.

In all seriousness I haven't really kept up with who has voted for who yet.

2 hours ago, Shapes said:

Might bring back the 5 posts per day rule if it continues to be this quiet

It doesn't add anything to the game, folk will make 5 posts but there's no guarantee it'll be contributing anything

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Better in here than the Terrace but I just can't tear myself away from that thread.

The unfairness is just breathtaking (no COVID pun intended).

Suppose I should check with @Shapes that my red vote counts? Can't see why not - it's bold and perfectly visible. I'd count it if I was modding.

Yes it counts.

Going out to the shops then I'll do a vote count

45 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

In all seriousness I haven't really kept up with who has voted for who yet.

I have... :peepwall:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Just now, Boof said:

I have... :peepwall:

I think you really want to share it with us.

Bunny Munro
49 minutes ago, Groot said:

It doesn't add anything to the game, folk will make 5 posts but there's no guarantee it'll be contributing anything

It does stop folk from hiding in the background though.

Not that I'm bothered either way.

Haven't done the bolding for final vote as it's going to change between now and deadline - there's only been one unvote anyway and it resulted in a vote for me so I'll not be pointing that out again :lol: 

Also haven't done a vote count - you can work it out for yerselves! A few folk tied on 2.

1 Dunks vote Yvonne
2 Sean vote Groot
3 Rudi vote Yvonne
4 Yvonne vote Rudi
5 IanT vote AlimO
6 AlimO vote Dunks
7 Vlad vote AlimO
8 Marvin vote Boof
9 Milky vote Smack
10 Smack vote Marvin
11 Groot vote Sean
12 Rudi unvote Yvonne