MAFIA: Shapes' Shambles - part 1

Shapes

Welcome to Mafia: Shapes Shambles Part 1.

I couldn't think of a name and thought this is likely to be shambolic with the new assassin rules so here we go!

roles:

Cop - Investigates one player per night. The result of which is passed on to the masons.
Doc - gets 1 save each night In the night period.  They cannot save the same person two nights in a row

Masons - 2 - can talk amongst themselves. Will get the result of the cops investigation every night

Goons - 3 - can talk amongst themselves. Get to kill off one player at night providing the doc has not saved them.  
Assassin -Has 3 bullets which can be used at any point during day or night. The assassin will be PMd the details to the mafia assassin login and they should post their kills on thread under that account. When I am online I will confirm the kill but after the assassin has posted then that person is out the game e.g. if a person is killed at 8.59pm and they are in the lead for the lynch, then the next person on the list will be killed instead.
Turncoat - This player will start the game as a townie. If the goons try to kill them, rather than die, the turncoat will switch sides and join them. Their PM will say townie. A cop investigation will show good before the switch and bad after the switch.

Lawyer - town aligned with no real power other than the fact that while they are still alive, dead townies will be able to submit to myself a last will, a post death message. When the lawyer dies, all last wills are published.

Vanilla Townies - 5

Goons will win if there is not a way for the town to have a majority. 

Town will win once all goons are dead. 
Assassin wins if they are the last remaining roled player.

night activity will be cop, doc, goons, assassin in that order.

I will be using deadlines for this game. First deadline is 9.00pm Tuesday
Anyone who does not post during the first day will be modkilled.

Anyone who doesn't register a vote will be banned from voting on the next day.

As soon as a lynch happens it is night and no game discussion should take place. 

During night, no gameplay discussion or speculation should take place. Please get all night activity in as soon as possible. 

PM's will be out shortly.

Good Luck Everyone

Player list:

1. @Stuart McNeill

2. @yvonnejambo

3. @Dr. Sheldon Cooper

4. @AlimOzturk

6. @Vlad Magic

8. @Dunks

9. @Bunny Munro

11. @Smack

12. @jambosean75

13. @Boof

14. @Groot

15. @iantjambo

16. @milky_26

17. @Marvin

19. @Rudi Skacel

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• Shapes

• Groot

• iantjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Also @Boof please tell me if I've got the assassin rules wrong. Is the new account just for if the assassin wants to kill during the day? Will they PM me as normal at night?

11 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Also @Boof please tell me if I've got the assassin rules wrong. Is the new account just for if the assassin wants to kill during the day? Will they PM me as normal at night?

That's really up to you, I'd say.

How I envisaged it working was that the assassin would be able to use the new account to knock someone off at any time. All they'd need to do is post 'Victim, ye're deid' - maybe PM to victim and you as well - and from then on any votes Victim had made that day would be discounted. If Victim wished to reveal their role they could or folk might just wait until you'd done so. I think we'd need to make a rule that if the player is going to reveal their role post-assassination...they have to tell the truth :lol: 

Actually - since game play stops during the night phase, they can't kill then  other than PM-ing you as normal. Would be my suggestion.

Where it might get tricky for folk vote-counting is if they strike near deadline so between you and them - or maybe collectively as a group - we can decide if they are time-barred from striking in the last half-hour or 15 minutes or would the deadline get extended if they strike within 15 minutes of it?

If the assassin just wants to go ahead and use the normal killing procedure that's fine as well - this just gives them the opportunity to have a wee bit of extra fun.

Hoping all that makes sense and that I haven't been assassinated in the time it's taken to type it :lol: 

Edited by Boof

Stuart McNeill

I take our last wills won't have any effect on the game? 

I'm relieved I don't need to double, triple check I'm not posting in the main thread instead of a pm! (I'm a townie) 

Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

I take our last wills won't have any effect on the game? 

I'm relieved I don't need to double, triple check I'm not posting in the main thread instead of a pm! (I'm a townie) 

Last will is essentially a chance for dead townies to get any theories across that they weren't able to before they died really. Just something for a wee bit of a change.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

That's really up to you, I'd say.

How I envisaged it working was that the assassin would be able to use the new account to knock someone off at any time. All they'd need to do is post 'Victim, ye're deid' - maybe PM to victim and you as well - and from then on any votes Victim had made that day would be discounted. If Victim wished to reveal their role they could or folk might just wait until you'd done so. I think we'd need to make a rule that if the player is going to reveal their role post-assassination...they have to tell the truth :lol: 

Actually - since game play stops during the night phase, they can't kill then  other than PM-ing you as normal. Would be my suggestion.

Where it might get tricky for folk vote-counting is if they strike near deadline so between you and them - or maybe collectively as a group - we can decide if they are time-barred from striking in the last half-hour or 15 minutes or would the deadline get extended if they strike within 15 minutes of it?

If the assassin just wants to go ahead and use the normal killing procedure that's fine as well - this just gives them the opportunity to have a wee bit of extra fun.

Hoping all that makes sense and that I haven't been assassinated in the time it's taken to type it :lol: 

Ok- decision is that if assassin wants to kill during night phase they must PM as normal.

No restrictions on when assassin can kill during day. They can kill right up until night is called. Any votes for the player they kill will not be counted. If a person who has voted a dead player can get in quick enough before deadline then they can vote for another player. If they can't get in quick enough then no restrictions will be made for players who have voted a player who has then been killed by the assassin during the day.

7 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Last will is essentially a chance for dead townies to get any theories across that they weren't able to before they died really. Just something for a wee bit of a change.

I'll not be hiring the Dundee United QC to draft my one then - couldn't afford him! :lol: 

Here's hoping this distracts me sufficiently from the Arbitrators to give my F5 button a rest.

Stuart looking dodgiest so far...

Oh, aye - didn't think I needed to point it out..but just a vanilla townie. Thank goodness I don't have to fart around with that extra account - bad enough getting it set up in the first place. 

Bloody hell! I am getting forgetful!

If I was the Cop I'd use BS.

I'm not, so I can't. But if the goons want to disbelieve that then and give me a right good whacking, go right ahead.

Stuart looking dodgey as. Past couple of games I have been involved in he has been fairly quiet in the initial period and here is he declaring he is a simple townie?
Here’s to a good game everyone. (Apart from the goons obviously.)

yvonnejambo

Good to be back in a game and if I was the doc I would use bs, but I’m not 

3 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

:what:

I wouldn't use BS if I was the Doc as that would be pointless. Would use in other circumstances if I could though :thumbsup:

Vote yvonnejambo

For not supporting the Highland automobile industry :ninja:

yvonnejambo
7 hours ago, Dunks said:

:what:

Pretty straight forward I thought after been moderator 👩‍⚖️ 

Also no cars like mine sold up my way 😆

jambosean75

vote shapes 😄

for her poor number choosing in the last game that cost us a deserved but unlikely goon win 🤪

1 hour ago, yvonnejambo said:

Pretty straight forward I thought after been moderator 👩‍⚖️ 

Also no cars like mine sold up my way 😆

you said it you were the DOC you would use BS not the COP

yvonnejambo
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you said it you were the DOC you would use BS not the COP

Ha ok I never noticed that, I was very tired though 😁😂

ok if I was the COP I would use BS but I can’t 👍

Vote Rudi for no real reason as it’s day 1 and I’m clueless 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Had forgotten all about this so the PM was a welcome reminder.

Been off work for a few days and have taken full advantage of that. A BBQ at my mate's house on Saturday ended up in me being carried into another mate's wife's car on the sun lounger I had fallen asleep on so I could get home. Not my finest moment.

Just a townie, but would use BS so can't 👍

Player list:

1. Stuart McNeill - claimed townie

2. yvonnejambo BSer (if Doc OR Cop :lol:)

3. Dr. Sheldon Cooper - claimed townie BSer

4. AlimOzturk

6. Vlad Magic - claimed townie BSer

8. Dunks BSer

9. Bunny Munro - claimed townie

11. Smack

12. jambosean75 - claimed townie

13. Boof - actual, genuine, confirmed (but only to me) townie BSer

14. Groot

15. iantjambo BSer

16. milky_26 - claimed townie BSer

17. Marvin

19. Rudi Skacel Reverse BSer

I was going to go all 'Ho, ho - look at all these fake claims of being townies' (thinking that there were only 5) but on a rule re-read, I realise that there are 5 vanilla townies plus the lawyer and turncoat who, as far as they know, are vanilla townies giving us 7...precisely the number of claims of vanillaness up to this post.

So...do I believe 'em all? 

Not a chance :lol: 

Long time until deadline so not going to leap in with a throwaway vote - will keep track of what's going on.

Morning, was working but a combination of IT problems and a hospital appointment due in a couple of hours meant I got bugger all done. Its all Boof's fault (have to blame someone) :laugh: - Vote Boof

10 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Doc, BS ? hmmm 

I'd say if the assassin could tag the victim of their bullet then that would be great and then when I'm online I'll confirm role etc.

I am working 4-11 tonight so any assassin kis during this time will be confirmed when I get home

yvonnejambo
9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

@Shapes I love the Assassin login idea. Do they also tag the deceased or does he/she PM the target? 

Did she not explain to you in your assassin pm? Ps don’t shoot me 😆

yvonnejambo
55 minutes ago, Boof said:

Player list:

1. Stuart McNeill - claimed townie

2. yvonnejambo BSer (if Doc OR Cop :lol:)

3. Dr. Sheldon Cooper - claimed townie BSer

4. AlimOzturk

6. Vlad Magic - claimed townie BSer

8. Dunks BSer

9. Bunny Munro - claimed townie

11. Smack

12. jambosean75 - claimed townie

13. Boof - actual, genuine, confirmed (but only to me) townie BSer

14. Groot

15. iantjambo BSer

16. milky_26 - claimed townie BSer

17. Marvin

19. Rudi Skacel Reverse BSer

I was going to go all 'Ho, ho - look at all these fake claims of being townies' (thinking that there were only 5) but on a rule re-read, I realise that there are 5 vanilla townies plus the lawyer and turncoat who, as far as they know, are vanilla townies giving us 7...precisely the number of claims of vanillaness up to this post.

So...do I believe 'em all? 

Not a chance :lol: 

Long time until deadline so not going to leap in with a throwaway vote - will keep track of what's going on.

You can add me the vanilla townie list

If I'm the cop then I'll use BS or investigate Iantjambo. But I'm not and I won't. 

Going to get to work on my last will and testament, a shite in the mail for anyone who kills me is as far as it's got for now. 

Goon List

Ian

Rudi

Sheldon

Pretty confident about my goon list so if the assassin could just do the honours we can cut out a lot of chit chat and celebrate the inevitable town victory. 

Just now, yvonnejambo said:

Did she not explain to you in your assassin pm? Ps don’t shoot me 😆

Didn't receive one, just a pm to say I'm a Townie.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
10 minutes ago, Smack said:

If I'm the cop then I'll use BS or investigate Iantjambo. But I'm not and I won't. 

Going to get to work on my last will and testament, a shite in the mail for anyone who kills me is as far as it's got for now. 

Goon List

Ian

Rudi

Sheldon

Pretty confident about my goon list so if the assassin could just do the honours we can cut out a lot of chit chat and celebrate the inevitable town victory. 

😂😂

16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

@Shapes I love the Assassin login idea. Do they also tag the deceased or does he/she PM the target? 

Tag...is that that @ thing? Not that I need to know...

For those who are wondering, the Mafia Assassin account should now be active. How I anticipated it working was described above - you'd need to log out of your own account, log back in with Mafia Assassin (having changed the password so I don't know it - I haven't checked to see if that's been done...I'm steering well clear of it :lol:) then to perform the kill you'd

1) post on this thread the name of the victim, perhaps even the means of their demise if you wish to be creative (you might end up giving away some info about yourself, though)

2) Tag them in that post (if that's the @ whojamacallit) and

3) even go as far as to PM them and Shapes.

That should cover all bases, I think.

The victim can then ruefully (and woo-fully) truthfully (for the benefit of everyone else left alive) declare their role.

Kinda wishing I was the assassin but more likely to be their first victim - just for shits 'n' giggles. That would be a wasted bullet/arrow/crossbow bolt/cannonball/tank of piranhas, however, as you're trying to find roley folk to get rid of.

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Thinking about Yvonne's faux pas, maybe she intends to save the person below her :laugh:

The Doc saving the Doctor :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Smack said:

Goon List

Ian

Rudi

Sheldon

Early Goon lists like that reek of Goonly behaviour. Just saying likes.

2 hours ago, Smack said:

Goon List

Ian

Rudi

Sheldon

So basically you’re saying you might or might not use BS. I’m sure the masons will appreciate that. Already, yourself and Rudi have gave them some potential complications when trying to figure out who the cop is.

6 hours ago, jambosean75 said:

vote shapes 😄

for her poor number choosing in the last game that cost us a deserved but unlikely goon win 🤪

You can't blame the lass for that! I erred on the side of a slightly higher number than going straight down the middle (my original plan).  Maybe she's just shite a picking numbers. :laugh:

Edited by Marvin

Feelin' seek.

Appetite for this game gone down the shiter.

Hopefully able to re-engage sometime before deadline...

I know it's the Shed but I hate most things about Scottish football...

9 minutes ago, Boof said:

Feelin' seek.

same, i will probably stay away from jkb for a while so i will put a vote in just now in case i dont get back on

vote smack

50 minutes ago, Boof said:

Feelin' seek.

Me too, well that has somewhat dampened my mood. 😒

Edited by Marvin