Morelos

Neil Dongcaster

buzzbomb1958
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The sale of this revolting wee shitebag will keep these weegie scumbags afloat for another season. They will find another 20+ striker for peanuts.

They will have to pay debt and deferred wages out of that I think the zombies will be very disappointed with his bargain basement replacement ,ta ta slippy

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• busby1985

• JFK-1

• Bazzas right boot

They will be stronger than they were last season. They will likely get at least £15 million for Morelos if he goes, due to collect another 18 million from their Euro adventures, and their usual 20 plus million plus in season tickets for a total of 53 million or so.

It's the kind of money the bulk of the league can only fantasise about. And it's exactly why no one can get anywhere near either of the OF anytime soon. They will both finish  20+ or even 30+ points ahead of third place.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Or no doubt taking the piss out of people who believe they're asking for that much.

Of course it is.  Rangers fans are a different breed!

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Exactly, he's taking the piss. Some folk ::facepaw::

If you thought my post was genuinely in awe of them possibly wanting £100 Million :vrface:

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

They will be stronger than they were last season. They will likely get at least £15 million for Morelos if he goes, due to collect another 18 million from their Euro adventures, and their usual 20 plus million plus in season tickets for a total of 53 million or so.

It's the kind of money the bulk of the league can only fantasise about. And it's exactly why no one can get anywhere near either of the OF anytime soon. They will both finish  20+ or even 30+ points ahead of third place.

Take the headline figures and start deducting £10mill for their annual losses, then factor in deferred wages that they need to pay. 

They bring in a lot but have been overspending. Cv19 will result in them losing out on massive amounts of match day income (Euro nights are a massive bonus to them). If they are not adjusting their player budget it would be surprising.

I think everyone has to stop pretending they're in financial difficulty or are going to be. It's been the fantasy go to of the Celtic minded since they returned to the SPL and it's simply not going to happen.

They have directors/backers with deep pockets who will prop them up if required for as long as required. And let's face it. They are capable of generating vast amounts of income in the tens of millions.

What is going to happen now is that the bulk of the rest of the league are going to be having financial issues.

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think everyone has to stop pretending they're in financial difficulty or are going to be. It's been the fantasy go to of the Celtic minded since they returned to the SPL and it's simply not going to happen.

They have directors/backers with deep pockets who will prop them up if required for as long as required. And let's face it. They are capable of generating vast amounts of income in the tens of millions.

What is going to happen now is that the bulk of the rest of the league are going to be having financial issues.

You are correct in your assessment of them being able to generate vast amounts of money via their fans. They don’t have anyone on the board with deep pockets and they get by year ok year via the money generated by the fans. 

6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

You are correct in your assessment of them being able to generate vast amounts of money via their fans. They don’t have anyone on the board with deep pockets and they get by year ok year via the money generated by the fans. 

From November last year.

Rangers directors, including Dave King and Douglas Park, have now converted a staggering £35 million in soft loans into shares in the last 18 months.

They converted loans totalling £18.2 million to the year end in June and have since converted a further £17.2 million to underline their commitment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-financial-results-reveal-113m-20790326

gorgie rd eh11

They seem desperate to sell him and use the succulent lamb takers to talk him and his price up at every opportunity. 

Aberdeen are the same with McKenna and Cosgrove.

8 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Their Bill's seem to be stacking up.

Deferred wages due by the end of the month.

Kent's transfer installments + others?

Close Brothers Loans

Dave King Loan

Compensation to Umbro/Hummel/Mike Ashley/Castore/Lawyers in various strip deal disputes.

1m dispute for memorial wall.

Plus a big wage bill with no tickets to be sold.

I reckon they are a distressed seller. Why else would you sell your only fit striker and last 3? Seasons top scorer

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

From November last year.

@Footballfirst hey lad, you explain these loans better than I could. Any chance you could briefly describe Rangers finical footing at the moment. Do they have wealthy backers with deep pockets or getting by with the revenue generated by their fan base, ie top sales, season books, euro gates etc. 

IveSeenTheLight
44 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aberdeen are the same with McKenna and Cosgrove.

It’s disgusting that you make any connection with us and SevCo.

Especially when we are not desperate like the blue cheeks

Whitburn Hearts
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Its disgusting that woolybacks are even allowed to comment on a Hearts forum. 

6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Garbage. It’s a fair comment. Like many I believe  all of the SPFL clubs were complicit in the decision to relegate Hearts. They are all tarred with the same brush.

gorgie rd eh11
45 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Scottish football is disgusting and Aberdeen are playing their part in it.

Footballfirst
59 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

@Footballfirst hey lad, you explain these loans better than I could. Any chance you could briefly describe Rangers finical footing at the moment. Do they have wealthy backers with deep pockets or getting by with the revenue generated by their fan base, ie top sales, season books, euro gates etc. 

The last published information was with the RIFC and TRFC accounts from November and December 2019. 

All their loans from Shareholders had been converted to shares in two or three share issues in the Autumn. The RIFC accounts indicated a funding shortfall of £10m for the rest of the season, of which £5m had already been pledged by Dave King leaving £5m to be funded.  The TRFC accounts, issued six weeks later, gave the shortfall as £6m. It is not clear if that was in addition to the £5m already pledged, or whether the £5m covered the bulk of the £6m.

What we do know is that, between the two sets of accounts, TRFC successfully progressed from the group to the knockout stages of the EL, so to my mind, the funding requirement should have been reduced somewhat.

Not long after Douglas Park took over from King, he was asked about the deficit. He advised that it had been fully funded.  I assume that "loyal" shareholders have again filled the gap. 

We also know that they had loan facilities of £3m with Close. We don't know if that has gone up or down since the accounts were published.

Personally, I think that they were in better shape than many observers suggested, thanks to their EL run (probably un-budgeted). They are not yet on an even keel, far from it, as they have ongoing transfer payments from previous years and new transfer liabilities for the likes of Kent and Helander.

Like all clubs who went down the deferred wages route, they will have to be paid at some point. However, their ST numbers are very good and they have started a loyalty scheme called "My Gers" that is bringing in more cash.

I'm afraid that rumours of their imminent demise are most likely somewhat exaggerated. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Unknown user
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There's a big connection in that you can both away and ride yourselves. **** Aberdeen. 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The last published information was with the RIFC and TRFC accounts from November and December 2019. 

All their loans from Shareholders had been converted to shares in two or three share issues in the Autumn. The RIFC accounts indicated a funding shortfall of £10m for the rest of the season, of which £5m had already been pledged by Dave King leaving £5m to be funded.  The TRFC accounts, issued six weeks later, gave the shortfall as £6m. It is not clear if that was in addition to the £5m already pledged, or whether the £5m covered the bulk of the £6m.

What we do know is that, between the two sets of accounts, TRFC successfully progressed from the group to the knockout stages of the EL, so to my mind, the funding requirement should have been reduced somewhat.

Not long after Douglas Park took over from King, he was asked about the deficit. He advised that it had been fully funded.  I assume that "loyal" shareholders have again filled the gap. 

We also know that they had loan facilities of £3m with Close. We don't know if that has gone up or down since the accounts were published.

Personally, I think that they were in better shape than many observers suggested, thanks to their EL run (probably un-budgeted). They are not yet on an even keel, far from it, as they have ongoing transfer payments from previous years and new transfer liabilities for the likes of Kent and Helander.

Like all clubs who went down the deferred wages route, they will have to be paid at some point. However, their ST numbers are very good and they have started a loyalty scheme called "My Gers" that is bringing in more cash.

I'm afraid that rumours of their imminent demise are most likely somewhat exaggerated. 

Yeah I’ve never been a subscriber to the myth that their death was imminent. I also never subscribed to the myth that they have wealthy backers. I think they get by like many clubs on the good grace of their fans digging deep, buying Merch, tickets etc etc and their extended runs in Europe. Thanks for the breakdown bud, I appreciate it. 

Bazzas right boot
On 26/07/2020 at 22:45, busby1985 said:

🙈

7A798DBA-18BD-40B4-B733-1D817D2C5CA7.jpeg

Could break £100m.. 

:callme:

On 27/07/2020 at 07:43, JFK-1 said:

Agreed.

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah I’ve never been a subscriber to the myth that their death was imminent. I also never subscribed to the myth that they have wealthy backers. I think they get by like many clubs on the good grace of their fans digging deep, buying Merch, tickets etc etc and their extended runs in Europe. Thanks for the breakdown bud, I appreciate it. 

As with all clubs - the longer the lockout continues the more clubs lose out. Any Europa League 2020-2021 activities this side of Christmas are going to be loss making. They were raking in a lot of extra money through Euro ticket sales and hospitality and this has to hit them hard over the next few months.

complete control
15 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I hope Rangers slaughter your lot every time this season. 

3 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

As with all clubs - the longer the lockout continues the more clubs lose out. Any Europa League 2020-2021 activities this side of Christmas are going to be loss making. They were raking in a lot of extra money through Euro ticket sales and hospitality and this has to hit them hard over the next few months.

The have even asked their players with hospitality boxes not to request refunds due to not being able to use the facility. They’ve done the same with corporate hospitality boxes as well. No deal for this season or money off, just pressure and guilt trip not to ask the club for a refund on the 5 home games missed. Every club, even the biggest clubs are gonna struggle while lockdown continues. We are very lucky that we had the correct plan of action from the start and haven’t been racking up deferral debts. If fans aren’t allowed back in, in 2020 then we may be seeing a lot of 15 point deductions. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, complete control said:

I hope Rangers slaughter your lot every time this season. 

Interesting.

I hope everyone beats Sevco, every season

@IveSeenTheLight

Why are Aberdeen fans so obsessed with Rangers? I thought you were trying to 'stand free', whatever the hell that means. The Rangers fans I know couldn't give a monkey's about Aberdeen.

Case in point, you're on a Hearts forum regaling us with your opinion about Rangers. 

Edited by fancy a brew

been here before
3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

@IveSeenTheLight

Why are Aberdeen fans so obsessed with Rangers? I thought you were trying to 'stand free', whatever the hell that means. The Rangers fans I know couldn't give a monkey's about Aberdeen.

Case in point, you're on a Hearts forum regaling us with your opinion about Rangers. 

It probably all stems from the 4 or 5 years Aberdeen were famous.

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

@IveSeenTheLight

Stand Free means we stand free of the religious bigotry that consumes Scottish football, especially from the two cheeks of the same arse.

Case in point.

You missed the point where I was distancing ourselves from SevCo and stating we are nothing like them.

That was the point when I made a comment.

8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Stand Free means we stand free of the religious bigotry that consumes Scottish football, especially from the two cheeks of the same arse.

Case in point.

You missed the point where I was distancing ourselves from SevCo and stating we are nothing like them.

Well I think everybody noticed Rangers are nothing like Aberdeen. They don't obsess over Aberdeen night and day, they do consistently get into Euro group stages. And that's just a couple of differences.

But maybe you could answer the question the man actually asked.

4 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

@IveSeenTheLight

Why are Aberdeen fans so obsessed with Rangers?

23 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Losing £1 million a month and a massive white elephant to finance?

Pretty damn desperate. 

Whilst I have no love at all for Aberdeen. Posters backing up rangers is pretty sad and highlights why we unfortunately get mentioned in the same breath.

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Whilst I have no love at all for Aberdeen. Posters backing up rangers is pretty sad and highlights why we unfortunately get mentioned in the same breath.

Who's backing up Rangers? A weirdo Aberdeen fan (doesn't rule many of them out} is on a Hearts forum talking about their big "rivalry" with Rangers. People who mention us in the same breath are Celtic ^^^^suckers, like Aberdeen.

55 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Who's backing up Rangers? A weirdo Aberdeen fan (doesn't rule many of them out} is on a Hearts forum talking about their big "rivalry" with Rangers. People who mention us in the same breath are Celtic ^^^^suckers, like Aberdeen.

Complete control and JFK for a start. 

I think we can all agree that the ‘rivalry’ is one sided but also as you point out this is a hearts forum so who cares. 

We get called it from most clubs fans but it doesn’t bother me. It does bother me when I see sycophant fans trying to buddy up with them.

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Case in point.

What seems to have triggered you was the comparison of Rangers and Aberdeen, who could both reasonably be accused of over valuing players, so in that respect you are like them.

You couldn't, or wouldn't justify your enrequited hatred of Rangers, which was the question I asked.

Anyway, I've got to go and log into the Alloa forum, to tell them how much I hate Berwick. 

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Well I think everybody noticed Rangers are nothing like Aberdeen. They don't obsess over Aberdeen night and day, they do consistently get into Euro group stages. And that's just a couple of differences.

But maybe you could answer the question the man actually asked.

You’re wrong that they don’t obsess over us.

I don’t obsess over them either. They simply are the team I despise the most.

Its quite telling that some want SevCo to thrash us.

I on the other hand look forward to the cheeks (yes, both of them) losing points from anyone.

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Losing £1 million a month and a massive white elephant to finance?

Pretty damn desperate. 

Lol, look beyond the headlines.

The £10M loss was a projected predicted loss through till the end of the year projecting loss of revenue as a result of COVID-19.

Its partially to declare on projected losses for tax purposes.

Since then, the club has recovered £6.2M, from various sources, so the current projected loss as a result of COVID-19 is sitting at £3.8M through till the end of the year. If fans / corporate are back in before the end of the year then the losses will be even less.

There is an impact, every club is impacted but were far from desperate.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

What seems to have triggered you was the comparison of Rangers and Aberdeen, who could both reasonably be accused of over valuing players, so in that respect you are like them.

You couldn't, or wouldn't justify your enrequited hatred of Rangers, which was the question I asked.

Anyway, I've got to go and log into the Alloa forum, to tell them how much I hate Berwick. 

‘Lol, love the last bit, good one.

Who have we over-valued?

were not regularly drip feeding the Glaswegian press with bogus bids from various clubs.

I could not guess how many clubs have apparently bid for Morelos at crazy prices.

31 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You’re wrong that they don’t obsess over us.

Really now. I just checked a couple of Rangers forums and strangely neither of them had an Aberdeen thread running to over a thousand pages being posted on multiple times day and night for years.

On the other hand the biggest Aberdeen forum has a thread they have been rabidly obsessing over night and day for years. Aberdeen are nothing to them. The only time Aberdeen ever enter their heads is if there's a game upcoming. But that's what they do with every other team.

As for being rivals that's laughable. In their minds they have only one rival,  we all know who that is and we all know it's not Aberdeen. And even then they still don't obsess over that actual rival anything like as much as Aberdeen fans obsess over them day and night.

It's Motherwell Aberdeen need to be obsessing over. Because they're a likely actual rival. A 22 point gap and a 41 goal GD difference with them having played one game fewer is nothing like a rivalry.

A 1 point gap and 1 goal GD difference is. And maybe Motherwell fans might actually give them some attention they're never going to get from their imaginary rivals.

Table.jpg

Edited by JFK-1

IveSeenTheLight
56 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Really now. I just checked a couple of Rangers forums and strangely neither of them had an Aberdeen thread running to over a thousand pages being posted on multiple times day and night for years.

On the other hand the biggest Aberdeen forum has a thread they have been rabidly obsessing over night and day for years. Aberdeen are nothing to them. The only time Aberdeen ever enter their heads is if there's a game upcoming. But that's what they do with every other team.

As for being rivals that's laughable. In their minds they have only one rival,  we all know who that is and we all know it's not Aberdeen. And even then they still don't obsess over that actual rival anything like as much as Aberdeen fans obsess over them day and night.

It's Motherwell Aberdeen need to be obsessing over. Because they're a likely actual rival. A 22 point gap and a 41 goal GD difference with them having played one game fewer is nothing like a rivalry.

A 1 point gap and 1 goal GD difference is. And maybe Motherwell fans might actually give them some attention they're never going to get from their imaginary rivals.

Table.jpg

Ah, the lady doth protest too much.

Unsurprising 

Who gives a fek about aberdeen ? And said it before but the weird behaviour of a sheep posting so regularly on our forum is bizarre. Can he not just be launched ? I don’t mind input from other fans on match day threads but he’s all over every thread and ones that have absolutely fek all to do with his team.

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Ah, the lady doth protest too much.

Unsurprising 

What it amounts to is that you, like all the others ,fantasise too much. Pretend it never happened when it's illustrated, then when unable to respond to the illustration babble more utterly mindless pish in an effort to pretend it never happened. Unsurprising.

They don't give the proverbial flying about Aberdeen, Aberdeen fans obsess over them day and night while fantasising a non existent rivalry. That's the be all and end all of it.

IveSeenTheLight
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

What it amounts to is that you, like all the others ,fantasise too much. Pretend it never happened when it's illustrated, then when unable to respond to the illustration babble more utterly mindless pish in an effort to pretend it never happened. Unsurprising.

They don't give the proverbial flying about Aberdeen, Aberdeen fans obsess over them day and night while fantasising a non existent rivalry. That's the be all and end all of it.

The lady continues to protest too much.

The dark side is strong in this one ;)

IveSeenTheLight
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Here, unrelated.

You lot going to get a replacement for Cosgrove in. Now he's done until Christmas?

There was rumors of an “International striker” coming in, but I think that is just bluster.

Main is apparently also injured, so were left with Anderson or Ruth, unless they opt for putting the likes of McGinn up front until 

the injuries clear.

we were prepared to sell Cosgrove a few weeks ago, so you’d like to think there was a plan to replace.

Just a case of wait and see

13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There was rumors of an “International striker” coming in, but I think that is just bluster.

Main is apparently also injured, so were left with Anderson or Ruth, unless they opt for putting the likes of McGinn up front until 

the injuries clear.

we were prepared to sell Cosgrove a few weeks ago, so you’d like to think there was a plan to replace.

Hang on... you were losing, what was it? A million a month or something? According to your owner.

So you were going to sell Cosgrove to free up a bit of cash flow and bring in a replacement international striker? Now Cosgrove is injures though, so you’ll just be bringing in the international striker anyway? 

Is that correct? 

As an aside. I’ve just taken delivery of a totally fantastic monorail. Anyone fancy buying it off me? It’s red and shiny and there’s no seats. All the passengers just stand free. Only £50m.

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

the injuries clear.

Not sure your train of thought here makes sense.

IveSeenTheLight

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hang on... you were losing, what was it? A million a month or something? According to your owner.

So you were going to sell Cosgrove to free up a bit of cash flow and bring in a replacement international striker? Now Cosgrove is injures though, so you’ll just be bringing in the international striker anyway? 

Is that correct? 

Just a few posts back Special Officer

12 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Lol, look beyond the headlines.

The £10M loss was a projected predicted loss through till the end of the year projecting loss of revenue as a result of COVID-19.

Its partially to declare on projected losses for tax purposes.

Since then, the club has recovered £6.2M, from various sources, so the current projected loss as a result of COVID-19 is sitting at £3.8M through till the end of the year. If fans / corporate are back in before the end of the year then the losses will be even less.

There is an impact, every club is impacted but were far from desperate.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not sure your train of thought here makes sense.

‘Not sure what you’re not sure about :mw_confused: