St Lie Down

Selkirkhmfc1874

58 minutes ago, Section Q said:

It's ironic that English clubs can resume and complete a whole season without covid causing disruption and the we can't even manage the pre season warm ups. Let's hear it for the jaikies from Paisley.....!

Like a lot of other things in life its down to money. 

The money swimming around in England means that the cost of testing is minimal compared to their income. 

Most of the clubs in Scotland are skint and are having to depend on handouts from fans and one particularly generous benefactor. 

This all leads to clubs cutting corners in procedures imo. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• 1971fozzy

• Beast Boy

While i dont wish anyone connected with St Mirren any serious health concerns from covid...

They can still go **** themselves in a vat of their own faeces...... 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems to me people are relishing living in fear. 

You have to conquer these things. Sanitary arrangements and common sense with a bit of sacrifice,  a lot of ordinary life could return. 

This outbreak should be easily handled by testing and tracking. 

I absolutely agree with you there mate, however were St Midden not one of the clubs who bragged about giving the James Anderson money to charity which was designed for Covid testing, and now they've been found out to be flouting the testing rules? If so, then the book should absolutely be thrown at them, and I hope Nicole Sturgeon suspends the start of the new season as a result. 

complete control
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

That will all depend on how professional the clubs are in being rigorous in the testing regime.  Some have already shown just how unprofessional they are.

was the james andrerson money not for this ?

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Like a lot of other things in life its down to money. 

The money swimming around in England means that the cost of testing is minimal compared to their income. 

Most of the clubs in Scotland are skint and are having to depend on handouts from fans and one particularly generous benefactor. 

This all leads to clubs cutting corners in procedures imo. 

But was that the reason or was it just St Mirren being negligent. Either way the club is either unable or unwilling to comply with covid safety requirements. Meanwhile a perfectly financial club who even offered to foot the bill for clubs who couldn't afford covid testing is fighting to stay in the league......boggling.......!

Bazzas right boot

Now the media has shown itself up to be full of shite. 

Who would have funk it! 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Rods said:

I am not getting how the positives can now be reduced. Surely this indicates a big flaw in their testing kits? 

Agreed and how many false negatives have there been?

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Agreed and how many false negatives have there been?

Think the plan must be to accept the negatives are all good and only the positives can be changed. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I absolutely agree with you there mate, however were St Midden not one of the clubs who bragged about giving the James Anderson money to charity which was designed for Covid testing, and now they've been found out to be flouting the testing rules? If so, then the book should absolutely be thrown at them, and I hope Nicole Sturgeon suspends the start of the new season as a result. 

Agree too, non compliance should be met with strongest possible sanctions 

The Old Tolbooth

Are St Mirren, the club who openly mocked us about being relegated, the club who effectively cheated their way to staying up because they still had both the Old Firm to play before the split, and also Tynecastle to come to after the split, are they actually taking some sort of moral high ground here when they've clearly not been following the testing guidelines? 

They truly are a scummy little, Celtic wannabe, tinpot, knuckle dragging, shower of scum. 

eyesandears
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Almost as buxom as that wee fat ginger guy who did the sponsored kebab shop crawl.

Neil Lennon?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree too, non compliance should be met with strongest possible sanctions 

Agreed, strongest possible-

Set them on fire and burn the ground down? 

WoolfordsHearts

**** st mirren.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were letting sellick do all their covid testing in their shitty little ground tbh.

250 quid a week and couple of timmy reserve players on loan as payment.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never saw her face the first time I scrolled past the post. 

Wtf is it with young lassies and eye brows now? 

Can’t say I had noticed them, but yeah I don’t know what’s up with them 🤷🏾‍♂️?Having done a thorough investigation she’s been giving us stick for a while 😜.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t say I had noticed them, but yeah I don’t know what’s up with them 🤷🏾‍♂️?Having done a thorough investigation she’s been giving us stick for a while 😜.

🙄

SectionDJambo

Fans of other clubs had better get used to Hearts fans wishing the worst of luck on them. After the sheer spite and badness shown to us, during the same Covid-19 outbreak, they have no high horse to climb on.

The bad feeling will last for years, and all because they’ve been enjoying sticking the boot into Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer, for months. Before they say it was their clubs, not them, show us where the fans of those clubs have made it clear they didn’t want the 3 clubs severely financially punished due to an arbitrary suspension of playing games.

Many Hearts fans have made it clear that we would remember what those clubs have done to us, and it’s only human nature to expect bad wishes, by some Hearts fans, in return.

Guest ToqueJambo

That "false positive" thing raises more questions than answers. Will they get tested a third time as a decider? How many "false negatives" are clubs getting? Have they gone for the cheap testing option?

Totally predictable to see that it's all going tits up before the new season even starts though. And yet, fans of other clubs continue to support the SPFL in their handling of things since March and blame it all on Hearts.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Fans of other clubs had better get used to Hearts fans wishing the worst of luck on them. After the sheer spite and badness shown to us, during the same Covid-19 outbreak, they have no high horse to climb on.

The bad feeling will last for years, and all because they’ve been enjoying sticking the boot into Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer, for months. Before they say it was their clubs, not them, show us where the fans of those clubs have made it clear they didn’t want the 3 clubs severely financially punished due to an arbitrary suspension of playing games.

Many Hearts fans have made it clear that we would remember what those clubs have done to us, and it’s only human nature to expect bad wishes, by some Hearts fans, in return.

Exactly. Fans of pretty much every other club, especially St Mirren, have been kicking us for months now for doing exactly what their clubs would be doing in the same situation.

A lot of the stuff about Budge in particular has been disgraceful. In summary, get it right up them!

Edited by ToqueJambo

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. Fans of pretty much every other club, especially St Mirren, have been kicking us for months now. A lot of the stuff about Budge in particular has been disgraceful. Get it right up them!

Quite 

It was St Mirren fans who thought it would be a hoot to have a cardboard cutout of Ann Budge placed on their seats. Ann Budge being one of the few club owners/chairmen who have actually made an effort to find a fair and proper solution. She even managed to act as a go between for James Anderson to make his magnificent contribution to help clubs like St Mirren and their communities, despite the dinosaurs of the SPFL dragging their feet.
And yet she has been the target for ignorance from the likes of St Mirren.

gorgie rd eh11

I don't want anybody to suffer physically. But trying to take the moral high ground you corrupt celtic **** sucking hypocrites.:rofl: 

**** off.

19 hours ago, JamboCraig said:

You lot, and many others, should be banned from this forum. There’s no excuse for this kind of response. Imagine if this was your family that contracted the disease. Would you still think that it’s “pleasing”? 

Although nobody deserves to catch the virus, St Mirren (and their fans) have been a disgrace for many, many years.  

Do you remember 1986?

I’m sure that some of the comments made on this thread (myself included) were slightly ‘tongue in cheek’ and remember, it’s a football fan site, where banter is the order of the day.

Does this picture help?

0EE308F0-8F6C-4B91-B2D5-0157E4F1C0B9.jpeg

WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Although nobody deserves to catch the virus, St Mirren (and their fans) have been a disgrace for many, many years.  

Do you remember 1986?

I’m sure that some of the comments made on this thread (myself included) were slightly ‘tongue in cheek’ and remember, it’s a football fan site, where banter is the order of the day.

Does this picture help?

It helps me understand that a 12 rung ladder goes halfway up the height of their guffy main stand.

😂

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I don't want anybody to suffer physically. But trying to take the moral high ground you corrupt celtic **** sucking hypocrites.:rofl: 

**** off.

After months of laughing about clubs having to fire employees or whatever due to an unfair relegation.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Do you remember 1986?

Does this picture help?

This virus is beyond football rivalry. There’s no debating that. Although some of the comments may be tongue in cheek, others very clearly aren’t. There are people on this forum who have lost loved ones to this virus and imo it’s pretty insensitive to be pleased to hear that others have contracted it.

buzzbomb1958
34 minutes ago, JamboCraig said:

This virus is beyond football rivalry. There’s no debating that. Although some of the comments may be tongue in cheek, others very clearly aren’t. There are people on this forum who have lost loved ones to this virus and imo it’s pretty insensitive to be pleased to hear that others have contracted it.

Away and put her vote in ...oh but

Why are the St Mirren players not having to self isolate after a member of the staff were found to have the virus??when i go to the pub we need to sign in so that we can be tracked in case someone else who has been in at the same time ends up getting it - if that happens I've got to isolate so why's it different for footballers!?

'False Positives'?

Charlie Adam had a positive test. Then 2 negative tests next days.

Still had to miss last 3 games of season for Reading. 

OmiyaHearts
On 24/07/2020 at 11:02, OmiyaHearts said:

Japan new cases cases are around 400-800 a day, much more than we're dealing with. Here's their J1 & J2 combined results for players & staff 10th - 19th July:

3,299 tests

3,299 negative

It's not  difficult to get it right.

Or maybe it is difficult.....

A J1 game was postponed today (Hiroshima v Nagoya) after 3 cases of COVID were confirmed in the Nagoya camp - 2 players and 1 non-playing member.

It shows how serious some Leagues take it, while rumours Scottish clubs are allowing untested players to take part in friendlies.

Even the most tightly regulated leauges are facing issues and it makes me wonder how we'll manage it here, when something similar inevitably occurs during the season.

Edit: Additionally, but unrelated To COVID, the Shimizu v Oita game has just been suspended due to a 'severe rain & thunder storm' approaching the stadium.

Shimizu were 2-0 up with half an hour left when abandoned and they've not managed a win in last six games. Talk about having no luck!

Edited by OmiyaHearts