St Lie Down

Selkirkhmfc1874

Toxteth O'Grady
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Really hope Francis Peter McGarvey was nowhere near this.

Floyd knew how to treat him 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• 1971fozzy

• Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, but the social distancing measures in place should mean that none of the non-playing staff of the opposition would be identified as close contacts by the contact tracers. If none of the players tested positive and it was found to have passed between non-playing staff of different teams that would be much worse news for the SPFL as it would suggest their procedures either aren't being followed or aren't sufficient.

7 testing positive at one club suggests one or more at St Mirren haven't been following safety measures either at the club or away from it. If you wear masks, keep a distance all the time, wash hands all the time, don't share stuff, etc, etc, you have to be really unlucky to get it at this stage.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Nothingtosay

BBC news saying some previously positive tests now testing negative. It seems it’s not just votes that can be changed to suit the spfl

57 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The thing about football. Or so we've been told. Is that the contact in 90 minutes isn't enough to catch the virus. In probability %s. 

Training different?

But in my work - when I go into workplace - we all have to sign in and out. For contact tracing. Despite all the precautions including distancing. 

To be fare there are team sheets!

The Wrinkly Ninja

When track and trace get in touch and they all say they’ve had contact with Peter Lawells boaby.........

10 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I think Covid 19 wears a mask when in his presence. 

Like that!  :) 

8 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Floyd knew how to treat him 

That's going back a wee bit, isn’t it ?  

Shanks said no
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Like that!  :) 

That's going back a wee bit, isn’t it ?  

But still quite possibly the greatest story ever told.

I feel for St Liedown and the whole SPFL if this throws their league plans into disarray. How will they cope given that there was absolutely no spare capacity in the season to fit in additional games.

cry me a river band GIF

PS for any newbies

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

23 minutes ago, Nothingtosay said:

BBC news saying some previously positive tests now testing negative. It seems it’s not just votes that can be changed to suit the spfl

fek all would surprise me. Swept under the carpet to suit the rat clubs. Absolutely nothing is beneath the SPFL or SFA including the health and well being of humans

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

A26EAC2D-184A-41A7-AD32-93439C4E90DA.jpeg

Black and white st lie/lockdown t-shirt under a celtic style jacket , exactly what a st cheatin *******s fan would wear 

hope their finances take a major hit because of this 

Clearly don't have good enough measures in place for their staff and players at the club. 

They should be reprimanded. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, Jumper said:

I hate getting old.

The last initial thing I ever used was SWALK.

The quote "odhsnm" came from TV programme "it ain't half hot mum". You can't be too old for that!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Covid19 is not very lethal,  at least for the moment. 

I look forward to life shutting down for every single virus until eternity. 

Country has lost the plot. Germany carried on fine despite several teams having outbreaks, why should we not do the same,  with due diligence,  care and common sense 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Country has lost the plot. Germany carried on fine despite several teams having outbreaks, why should we not do the same,  with due diligence,  care and common sense 

One person. 

robbies-tackle
57 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wouldn't it be absolutely terrible if the start of the season was seriously disrupted?  I'd be beside myself and I wouldn't be surprised to learn from certain media that Hearts caused it.

Since there’s not a like button on this site I’ll just say “like”🤣

jamboinglasgow

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-face-sfa-probe-governing-22406580

Rangers being investigated after they played Dundee United with as many as 9 players not yet been cleared to play.

Motherwell being investigated also for why they only got test results two hours before they were due to play Rangers. Hibs are also being investigated about their test results.

There is a worry that high profile breeches could make the Scottish Government change their mind on the season starting on 1st August.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I really felt for him.

That's very Christian of you Colin :thumbsup:

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-face-sfa-probe-governing-22406580

Rangers being investigated after they played Dundee United with as many as 9 players not yet been cleared to play.

Motherwell being investigated also for why they only got test results two hours before they were due to play Rangers. Hibs are also being investigated about their test results.

There is a worry that high profile breeches could make the Scottish Government change their mind on the season starting on 1st August.

Shame for them. Maybe they should cut the league down to fewer games and start in October?

The SPFL couldn't stop the last season without causing a huge mess that still hasn't been sorted out one week before the start of the next season, so we should be surprised that starting the new season looks like turning into a massive gong show. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I smell shite

He's got a point though. 😕 

Maybe a bit over the top wanting folk banned but some of the posts on this thread show us up in a poor light. 

I suppose then that if there was a need for any reason to have to rearrange the fixtures, a pause or delay in starting might be helpful.

Bazzas right boot

Tbh, it's not funny. Someone could die, if not a player a close member of their family could. 

However, it does show the ongoing problems of covid and the continueing incompetence of our governing body in dealing with it. 

On the bright side. If reinstated we can be scheduled to play St Mirren at a later date, they're ****ed now anyway as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What is the % of hospitalilzed people? 

Germany in general have handled it better 

Well the whole argument about lockdown was that it was putting the NHS at risk of being overrun if self isolation rules weren't followed so if the SG turn a blind eye to this then they will risk possibly being complicit in failing to stop the feared second wave and quite frankly Sturgeon is not one for taking risks. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Well the whole argument about lockdown was that it was putting the NHS at risk of being overrun if self isolation rules weren't followed so if the SG turn a blind eye to this then they will risk possibly being complicit in failing to stop the feared second wave and quite frankly Sturgeon is not one for taking risks. 

I fear by the spike in Motherwell last week and now St Midden the second wave is nearly here.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What is the % of hospitalilzed people? 

Germany in general have handled it better 

1 to 2% I think. Changing figure

Originally higher

20200724_004030.jpg

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I fear by the spike in Motherwell last week and now St Midden the second wave is nearly here.

As folk mix, cases will rise. 

It's expected. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It would be a terrible shame for the SPFL and all the Premiership clubs if the league couldn't start next week after all...

:gok:

Doctor FinnBarr
11 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

It would be a terrible shame for the SPFL and all the Premiership clubs if the league couldn't start next week after all...

:gok:

Awful, or should that be offal?

J.T.F.Robertson

All this predictable chaos and their (his) solution was to stomp on the first clubs at hand which would give him his most convenient "answer".

This virus is going nowhere and no matter the tribunal decision, most of this league may well be fecked. Their ruling could very well be completely academic.

Still, expelling one club and screwing two others was always the answer. Simplistic, over-compensated, subservient arsehole.

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

That's very Christian of you Colin :thumbsup:

Oh dear!  This is becoming like a needle stuck on an old 78.

Luke 13:3 ESV, Jesus said, "I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."
Luke 13:5 ESV  Jesus said (again) "I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”

That's very Christian of you Jesus!

Has he repented of his disgraceful comments vis-a-vis Anne Budge and Hearts!  No he hasn't and until he does he stands outside my personal "grace,"

I would be delighted to forgive the man for his "deeds" the moment he says, "Sorry Ann!  I was wrong."

Would all other pedants please note.

6 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

very melodramatic.

some pretty poor and embarrassing comments as well. Some folk need a good look at themselves.

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolute pants.

42 minutes ago, Hesh said:

very melodramatic.

some pretty poor and embarrassing comments as well. Some folk need a good look at themselves.

It does however show that the virus is still there and embedded in the greater community.   Clubs buggering about with this  are doing  no one any favours. The Hibs farce, St Mirren, Rangers all pointing to the start of the season for the Premiership being seriously disrupted. Wonder what Sky will make of that.

Edited by Deevers

MarkDevriesScores4

Season can’t start as planned then. St Mirren will now need 14days quarantine. What a shame. 

manaliveits105
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

:wave1::wave1:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seems to me people are relishing living in fear. 

You have to conquer these things. Sanitary arrangements and common sense with a bit of sacrifice,  a lot of ordinary life could return. 

This outbreak should be easily handled by testing and tracking. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems to me people are relishing living in fear. 

You have to conquer these things. Sanitary arrangements and common sense with a bit of sacrifice,  a lot of ordinary life could return. 

This outbreak should be easily handled by testing and tracking. 

Yes it certainly could - but as far as some clubs are concerned cutting corners is the route of preference. Some of them could  not organise a piss up in a brewery. It is going to be interesting to see how this pans out,

Edited by Deevers

It's ironic that English clubs can resume and complete a whole season without covid causing disruption and the we can't even manage the pre season warm ups. Let's hear it for the jaikies from Paisley.....!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

:wave1::wave1:

I never said that? 

Strange, I quoted soobe else. 

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never said that? 

Strange, I quoted soobe else. 

shoosh I copied it and it took the wrong poster over - dont ruin the joke 

OmiyaHearts

Japan new cases cases are around 400-800 a day, much more than we're dealing with. Here's their J1 & J2 combined results for players & staff 10th - 19th July:

3,299 tests

3,299 negative

It's not  difficult to get it right.

Bazzas right boot

The big concern is that we can't even complete next season bcd. 

We need something in place now or when it all does tits up again. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The big concern is that we can't even complete next season bcd. 

We need something in place now or when it all does tits up again. 

That will all depend on how professional the clubs are in being rigorous in the testing regime.  Some have already shown just how unprofessional they are.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yes it certainly could - but as far as some clubs are concerned cutting corners is the route of preference. Some of them could  not organise a piss up in a brewery. It is going to be interesting to see how this pans out,

Indeed,  cutting corners doesn't fall into common sense,  and what will perpetuate draconian measures